September 16, 2014 | 1859 users online

Primer/ Corrector - Make Up For Ever - HD Microperfecting Primer in 1 Green

rated 3 of 5 on 9/29/2010 11:56:00 PM More reviews by Silrayan

I would probably give this another go, though I'd like to try out some other green primers first. I asked for a sample at Sephora, and the gave me enough for about 4 days.

It blended really well with my pale as hell skin and there were no OMG GREEN streaks under my tinted moisturizer. It didn't smooth out my pores all that much (I always get my hopes up when I try a new primer though). When I wake up and get out of the shower my face is pretty blotchy, I also often rest my jaw on my hand which makes a red mark...it didn't do much to cover big or bright blotches like that sadly. However, a couple times I caught my reflection and noticed how bright and overall even my skin looked!

I think as long as you blend properly, wait for the primer to sink in before you apply makeup, and don't expect miracles then this might work for you.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/14/2010 9:22:00 PM More reviews by makeuprincess4ever

I am on the hunt to find the best primer for my odd really natural red cheeks...I have tried two so far one was this primer and one was the green l'Oreal primer.....I would have to say I like the other primer better...the makeup forever primer isnt as thick or as green as i would like it so i would have to put a lot of it on untill it worked and by the time it would work i would look sick with all of the green on my face.....the l'Oreal primer is thick and you could put less on without looking sick for it to work....And about less then half the cost to buy it!!! My hunt has ended...BUY THE L'OREAL PRIMER!

rated 3 of 5 on 8/12/2010 6:20:00 PM More reviews by MyChanelScalpel

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Though it works slightly better than its Smashbox competitor, this primer still doesn't combat redness the way I would hope it to. Don't get me wrong, you may think that I'm being too critical, that my expectations are extreme, but I assure you they are not. I just haven't found a primer that has made any significant change in the redness of my cheeks. This product is more smooth and blendable than the competition, however. The pump bottle makes for an easy application and doesn't waste product by pumping more than necessary. There is no detectable scent.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 7/27/2010 12:18:00 AM More reviews by BexiiRolo

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

i reaaaalllyyyy wanted this to work, after reading all of the positive reviews i was so eager to try it out. On the first application, i thought i had my HG for sure. the primer went on smoothly, it made my acne scarring less noticeable, and my foundation lasted all day. By the 6th day, horrible cystic acne and whiteheads popping up ALL OVER MY FACE. i dont have sensitive skin at all, and my skin has been clear for a year and a half, and to suddenly fall back into the acne again... i was mortified. I honestly didnt think it was my primer at first. i assumed that my breakouts were the cause of the summer heat/sweat/dirt, so i stuck with the primer for another month. needless to say the blemishes continued and got worse. i finally stopped using it last week and im nearly clear again. so overall, i would never EVER get near this stuff again.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 6/21/2010 10:33:00 PM More reviews by jhadiq

This product did not work for me. I give it a 2 because it does reduce a little bit of the redness in my cheeks, but as a primer, it is a total fail. Rather than provide a smooth surface on which my foundation is supposed to glide on, I find that my foundation is actually a bit streakier, settles into my pores more, and is harder to blend. Staying isn't great either, and I don't find it moisturizing. At $35, I don't recommend even trying this - there are less expensive options.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/20/2010 10:09:00 PM More reviews by crescentrolls

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Rosy cheeks = good. Rosy forehead, nose, chin... not so much. This primer sinks in quickly and neutralizes my redness so well that I could almost leave the house without putting any foundation on at all. I use Bare Minerals matte powder, and this helps it stay on nicely. And it doesn't break me out, hallelujah!

It's not cheap, but if it continues to make my skin look this good I'll keep shelling out the cash. I wish I could say the same for the stupid Origins mushroom crap that supposedly reduces redness.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/7/2010 7:05:00 PM More reviews by scfindlay

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I bought this on the recommedation of the MUA at Sephora, but always was skeptical. It has a thick consistency and stayed on the surface of my skin, giving my face a green cast, even under foundation.

As a primer it does work, though.

I ended up returning the green primer to the store, and bought the same primer in "neutral - 0 ". I like the neutral much better. It's not as thick for some reason, and of course is colorless.

I would repurchase the neutral, but not the green.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/8/2010 10:04:00 PM More reviews by Peskypixie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I have very oily skin, and I have to say I am very impressed with this product. My foundation (MUFE Matte Velvet +) goes on smoother and lasts longer. I've used both the Neutral and Green and found them to be comparable to one another. Does not seem to be making me break out either! I think the trick is putting the primer on and waiting for 3-5 minutes, the box states that it has evaporating silicones. On days that I've put my foundation on without waiting I've been really disappointed with the results.
Will try the blue next, I have not had any problems with the green highlighting any flaking, or showing up. It seems to melt right into my skin, and does not even neutralize the redness. I do make a point of exfoliating well, and don't have much flaking skin anymore, but on days that I don't exfoliate I don't see that this is a problem either. The pigment is just not that potent. If you need a green to cancel out redness the Eucerin concealer works much better.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/24/2010 6:09:00 PM More reviews by MenoStopping

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Fair, Cool Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I love this product. I am fair with some redness around my nose and chin area. I moisturize first with Neutrogena Healthy Skin, and then use the primer on the center of my face. I follow with a light foundation (right now trying NARS sheer matte).

The primer brings down the redness immediately. I don't have a problem with the dryness other complain of since I'm oily. It works so well for me that I don't even need a foundation on casual days...just a little concealer to cover whatever spots happen to be trying to ruin my mood.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/9/2010 6:09:00 PM More reviews by blatantdream

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Like the review i did for the neutral one this product has the consistency of moisturizer. It smells great, keeps my makeup form sinking into my pores and it lasts all day. The green helps on days when I look overly red and I want to reduce that.