October 25, 2014 | 1743 users online

Lipstick - MAC - Cremesheen - Crosswires

rated 4 of 5 on 11/13/2011 7:31:00 AM More reviews by ParisNymph

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Can't say how much I love this color. When I don't want to go super bold but still have a bright coral color on my lip, this is what I usually wear during Summer.

It looks very pinkish coral on my pigmented lips and against my NW15, which I absolutely love. Orange corals don't look good on me. I can just wear this with some eyeliner and blush and I get a look that works for day and night (just make the eyeliner a little more dramatic for nighttime).

The only problem I have with it is the way it wears off. I can't just reapply. I usually have to wipe it off and then reapply. And it bleeds a little on my lips, but that's honestly minor complaining that I can totally live with. I love this color.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/5/2011 8:06:00 AM More reviews by PinkChicken

Age: Unknown Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I love the colour, it is a good mix of coral and pink. However I hate the texture, it is too creamy and budges way too easily. It doesn't stay on the lips and it won't stain. If you blot it, it disappears.

I wish MAC would come up with a matte version of this colour.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/1/2011 7:51:00 PM More reviews by BiancaC

I just found the perfect lipstick for me. I love the consistency, texture and most of all the beautiful Peach/Pink color. It literally brightens up my face and is so creamy. I wish of course that it wasn't Limited Edition:*(. You know MAC, right when you love something they discontinue it,LOL.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/6/2011 6:13:00 PM More reviews by jadore234

I bought this lipstick when the first warm days of the year came and I had an obession about coral lips.
I went to MAC and bought it right awaoy. I cannot believe I haven't noticed that one before! Never heard of it. Totally underestimated product. Beautiful colour for summer, I keep on using it in autumn, with Melba Blush and sometimes with with some Lychee Luxe lipglass over it, which I bought together with the lipstick.
The only think I don't like is
that in my opinion it bleeds like crazy, it melts off my lips in minutes. I tried to keep it in place with REDD lipliner, used a brush or pushed it in with my finger like a stain, but I can't make it last. Normally I don't care much about staying power, but with this one, it is particularly annoying.
It's the only cremesheen I have besides Creme d'Nude. Maybe it's the finish.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/25/2011 2:46:00 PM More reviews by alexa94

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

My favourite MAC coral lipstick! In fact my favourite coral lipstick period. I wear this to college - it's definitely a lipstick you can wear to work or school without worrying about standing out much. Much love for the cremesheen formula too, creamy, not drying, pigmented - pretty much the perfect lippy!! Go buy or at least test it out when you're next hitting the shops!!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/25/2011 2:02:00 PM More reviews by Paintspotting

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

best summer color. cant describe if its more coral or red. bit its a wearable lipstick.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/19/2011 6:57:00 PM More reviews by iuhooch625

This a great lipstick. I would say that the color is equal parts red, pink and coral. This is a rather bright color yet at the same time it isn't loud or garish. I wear this during the day and also at night. The formula is nice and is easy to apply lightly or build up the color. I love how this instantly brightens my face.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/15/2011 1:35:00 AM More reviews by cheetah7

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I absolutely love this shade of coral. It's a more wearable and muted version of Vegas Volt and a slightly pinker version of VG Cyndi, at least on my nc42 (summer) and pigmented lips. It instantly brightens up my complexion and even makes the color of my eyes pop. I wear this on a night out, especially when I do a simply eye makeup. It's an awesome summer color but I wear it all year round regardless of season. This is a cremesheen formula that last 5 hrs on my lips w/out eating or drinking and even after fading it leaves a slight coral stain behind. Love!

rated 4 of 5 on 8/16/2011 3:28:00 PM More reviews by Ihearttintin

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

After trying NARS Niagara, I opted to find a cheaper alternative... that's how I came across "CROSSWIRES". I did alot of research beforehand and it's known to give a "pinky coral" color. I'm an olive skin tone (NC35-40) with pigmented lips (and speaking for myself), this color is pretty HOWEVER way too much for me. I think because it's a creamsheen, it really does give you a pop of color. However you want to wear your lipsticks - if you love the bold pop, then "crosswires" is great for you; but if you want a simple coral shade, I say go for "see sheer". On my pigmented lips, "crosswires" is definitely the "red lipstick" of all coral lipsticks. It's more reddish orange-coral for me than it is pinky coral. It's a pretty color but I don't know if this is something I would wear everyday. It's a bold reddish-coral for me.

EDIT: I moved it up from 3-4 lipsticks :) I really love this lipstick. It's a settle coral that makes a statement. It is definitely a red coral. MAC's Lady Danger is also a red coral BUT it's much brighter and bolder than this one. I love crosswires :)

rated 4 of 5 on 8/14/2011 1:48:00 PM More reviews by dingers5

This is the perfect summer shade for me. It leans a little more pink than a true coral on me (NC45 with pigmented lips) but it is so flattering and pretty that I just adore it.