MAC Cremesheen - Crosswires

4.5

Wow.. I am pretty disappointed with this lipstick. I ordered it online, since the nearest MAC counter is about 2 or 3 hours away. Of all the swatches I've seen online (pictures from temptalia.com, karlasugar, etc) I was thinking this would be a nice, sheer coral pink. HELL NO! Even the pictures of the product in the tube look way different than what I have. Swatched, it looks like a bright, neon coral-pink. Nothing sheer about it at all. I just don't understand... it almost makes me feel like I got a dud or something! For reference, I am NC20 with slightly yellow undertones.

Hopefully it will look nicer in the summer when I have a tan (I'm usually around NC30), but for right now, I'm highly disappointed.

EDIT: Bumped this up to 4 lippies... I did end up loving this color a lot more now during the summer. I just think it was too harsh and bright looking on my pale skin. I've also learned that if I blot it lightly and top it with a clear gloss, it tones the color down a lot and makes it much more wearable for me. Great summer color!

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I don't know if there's much point in adding to the range of existing glowing reviews, but I guess I may as well add mine too! This is a great lipstick colour - a pretty pinky coral that really brightens up my face without screaming "hi I'm lipstick!!" I mean, I actually love super bright colours, but they're not necessarily right for every outfit every day. I don't have to think about what I'm wearing with this colour - I just put it on and it's great.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

This lipstick is on the bright side but still very wearable. The color is a darker somewhat bright slightly reddish coral. It is darker and more red than Costa Chic. The formula is moisturizing and when you apply it, you are in for a full day/ day 1/2 commitment - very long lasting and stains the lips. The only way to remove it is with makeup remover. It's pretty but I haven't reached for it lately - maybe more for the fall! NC15/NW20

I love this color, its a beautiful coral- leaning closer to the pink side. It is enough to give you a clean pop of color but not overdone so it's good for an every day lipstick. Love the cream finish which feels really good and moisturizing on the lips. I would not say that this wears the entire day with eating / drinking. Would need to reapply every 3-4 hours I would say. It is not too pigmented but enough color for a medium coverage. Really pretty on asian skin.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I think this would look amazing on tanned skin! As for now I am more on the pale side and this looks a little bit too bright/reddish on me. However I will definitely look into this in the summer time as its a lovely warm coral color.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Cool

Up until two weeks ago, there was not a single MAC representative among the 30+ lipsticks I own. I don't have anything against MAC, it is just difficult to shop at the counters due to the chaos that seems to reign most days, and the sometimes off putting attitudes of the employes. I have been happy with my online purchases, but hesitated to try to buy a lipstick without being able to try it. I decided to increase my chances of a successful online lippie purchase by sleuthing around here on Makeup Alley and seeing what my fellow addicts were giving good reviews on. This was one of the three lippies I ordered. I have wanted a coral/pink lipstick that had no orange in it for a long time, and have not had any luck with finding one that I liked. That all changed when the package from MAC arrived with Crosswires in it. In the tube, it is a bright pink/coral, a little scary in its brightness. However, when applied on my NC 35 skin with a light hand, it lit my face up like my own personal spotlight! My eyes seemed bluer, my skin seemed brighter....MAGIC! I have never had a lipstick that made such a profound difference in my appearance! I have worn it three times, with three different outfits/makeup combinations to make sure I could attribute the extra oomph to the lipstick, and it worked every single time. I received compliments from women I did not know on each occasion! Applied lightly it seems to merge with my lips, not leave a heavy opaque layer that just sits on the lips, though if you choose to apply heavily you may have an issue unless you carefully work with it, but because the pigmentation is so saturated, you should not have to lay it on heavily and can avoid any garishness. The pink and coral are nicely balanced and just look lovely. The finish of the cremesheen is a great balance between lasting finish and healthy dewy moisture. It did not move off my lips, but stayed firmly in place, even with a gloss on top. It wears off naturally, and looks good through the whole process. My lips did not feel dry at all. I adore this lipstick, and will be more willing to brave the counter in the future if this is the kind of gem MAC has behind the craziness and the attitudes, it is worth it.

Gorgeous colour! In fact, I wore this on my wedding day a few years ago. Really great for every day wear. This and the sadly discontinued 'Cyndi' are favourites of mine. I find it's very moisturising. The colour doesn't last all day by any means but I don't mind reapplying when I need to. The shade is what matters most to me and this one's lovely. Will definitely continue to repurchase.

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

Can't say how much I love this color. When I don't want to go super bold but still have a bright coral color on my lip, this is what I usually wear during Summer.

It looks very pinkish coral on my pigmented lips and against my NW15, which I absolutely love. Orange corals don't look good on me. I can just wear this with some eyeliner and blush and I get a look that works for day and night (just make the eyeliner a little more dramatic for nighttime).

The only problem I have with it is the way it wears off. I can't just reapply. I usually have to wipe it off and then reapply. And it bleeds a little on my lips, but that's honestly minor complaining that I can totally live with. I love this color.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I love the colour, it is a good mix of coral and pink. However I hate the texture, it is too creamy and budges way too easily. It doesn't stay on the lips and it won't stain. If you blot it, it disappears.

I wish MAC would come up with a matte version of this colour.

I just found the perfect lipstick for me. I love the consistency, texture and most of all the beautiful Peach/Pink color. It literally brightens up my face and is so creamy. I wish of course that it wasn't Limited Edition:*(. You know MAC, right when you love something they discontinue it,LOL.

Recommended for Medium Skin