Kanebo Sensai Fluid Finish foundation

4.2

ACTIVE INGREDIENTS Octinoxate 3.0% Sunscreen Titanium Dioxide 4.5% Sunscreen INGREDIENTS: WATER (AQUA), CYCLOMETHICONE, MINERAL OIL (PARAFFINUM LIQUIDUM), TITANIUM DIOXIDE, MALTITOL, GLYCERIN, ETHYLHEXYL METHOXYCINNAMATE, DIPROPYLENE GLYCOL, PETROLATUM, SORBITAN ISOSTEARATE, PHYTOSTERYL/ISOSTEARYL/CETYL/STEARYL/BEHENYL DIMER DILINOLEATE, DIMETHICONE COPOLYOL, DIISOSTEARYL MALATE, SQUALANE, TRIBEHENIN, HYDROGENATED LECITHIN, FRAGRANCE (PARFUM), ALCOHOL, HYDROLYZED SILK, BHT, METHICONE, HYDROLYZED RICE EXTRACT, OCTYLDODECYL LACTATE, STEARIC ACID, MYRISTIC ACID, TOCOPHEROL, SILK POWDER (SERICA), PHENOXYETHANOL, SORBIC ACID, METHYLPARABEN, ETHYlPARABEN, BUTYLPARABEN, [MAY CONTAIN( /-): IRON OXIDES (CI 77491), IRON OXIDES (CI 77492), IRON OXIDES (CI 77499), MICA (CI 77019), SYNTHETIC FLUORPHLOGOPITE, TALC]

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This is an amazing foundation! Actually, this is exactly what I've been looking for throughout my ten-year-long foundation hunt. Sure, I've tried many great foundations, but sooner or later they would all fall short in one aspect or another. This does not.
I would describe this as a medium to full coverage fdn, and if used sparingly, it could also give you light, barely there coverage. For me, one pump is enough for medium, natural coverage (everyday use), and 1.5 for full, perfectly made-up look (special occasions). Now I don't have any acne or other natural skin imperfections, but I do have some old hypertrophic scars on my right cheek from a car accident, and a bit of mild redness around my nose. This covers them very well. The consistency is great, not really runny, but not thick or gunky either. It goes on smooth, it's very easy to blend and apply, in fact it blends so well that I can use my fingers and don't have to bother with brushes, sponges etc. The finish is literally natural - it's what my skin looks like when it's not dehydrated, on my normal skin days. It's not really dewy (less so than Chanel's Teint Innocence for example), but it's not unnaturally matte. The best part is that it doesn't feel tight on my dry skin, which was an issue with many other foundations, like CD Forever and Revlon Colorstay. It is not oil-free though, so maybe it would disagree with oilier skin types. I have not experienced any discomfort, irritations or redness with this.
The packaging is simple and practical, a sturdy glass bottle with a pump and a black top.
The price in Europe is about 40-45 EUR, about the same as other h/e stuff like Chanel or Dior. The best investment I made in a long while, definitely HG material. I will repurchase and will also consider getting The Smoothing Water Make-up Base, a complementary product from the same line, although this works perfectly on its own.
Oh, and I forgot to mention that it comes with SPF 15. It's not fragrance-free, but the scent is almost imperceptible, and once I put it on I can't smell anything.
The shade I use is #202 Soft Beige - a perfect match. I'm Buff in Revlon CS, 1.0-1.5 Chanel, and I guess I'd be about NW 15-20 in MAC, but since it's not available in my country I can't really be sure.
EDITED 08/09/09: I am now on my second bottle of this and I'm convinced this is one of the best, if not the best, foundation on the market. The first bottle lasted me about 4 months with everyday usage. Considering how long it lasts, it's really not that expensive. This is now officially my HG foundation!
EDITED January 24th, 2012. KANEBO SENSAI FLUID FINISH LASTING VELVET REVIEW: Kanebo has added another foundation to their lineup called Kanebo Sensai Fluid Finish Lasting Velvet. Since I can't find a way to start a new product thread, I thought I'd add a few lines about that one here. The new one is supposed to give a semi-matte (that's what 'velvet' actually means) finish and is - obviously - meant to be long-lasting. And it is - this lasts about 8-9 hours on me; however, I have not tested it in any extreme weather conditions. Compared to the original, this is more matte and more durable, but not as comfortable and hydrating and certainly not dewy, so would probably be more suitable for combination and oilier skin. The finish is not a dead, flat matte (think Revlon Colorstay, CD Forever), but rather a semi-matte, silky, subtly luminous one. The coverage is about the same as in the original formula - a solid medium, which can be built up to almost full in problem areas without looking cakey. It manages not to be drying (in fact I find it more hydrating than many foundations touted as such - e.g. Dior Nude), but my dry skin prefers the dewiness of the original. If you found the first one too dewy and moisturizing, this should work wonderfully. However, a word of caution: if you've already found your match in the original, DO NOT order this online before swatching in person; the shades in the Velvet formula run a bit darker and a lot peachier for some reason, so the original's beautifully neutral #202 Soft Beige turns out a medium peachy shade in Velvet. You should probably go a shade lighter for Velvet, but it's always best to sample in person. Personally I went back to the original for winter and I'm still using and loving it as much as ever. I've tried a lot of foundations since (including Sisley's famous Phyto Teint Eclat, Chanel Vitalumiere Aqua, Guerlain Lingerie and Parure Aqua etc) but I have yet to find a better foundation for my skin and its needs. I will, however, keep my Lasting Velvet for summer; when I get a bit of a tan the shade will be acceptable and I won't need such a moisturizing formula. In a nutshell, Kanebo Sensai impresses once again. In my opinion, very few foundations out there can compete with theirs in terms of formula and quality. The packaging and the marketing might not be as fancy and elegant as Dior's or Chanel's, but the products inside are truly what luxury makeup should be.

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

This is defnitely my HG foundation. I have tried so many, but this one does it. It is moisturising, natural looking yet covers perfectly. This is the only foundation I am confident to wear in bright daylight (outdoors). It wears off graciously without any tell tale signs that you are wearing any foundation. It is a little pricy but it's well worth it. It works best after using silk peeling powder - then your skin looks brand new. The colour matchs also perfect (I wear almond beige) which complements my skin tone, evens it out and does not turn orange, dark or light. I will not use an other foundation after having discovered this.

Well I gave this only 3 stars because I was very disapointed with the range of colors they had..and I am Japanese(!) NC 35-37 and this being a Japanese brand I would assume they would have colors with more of a yellow base. Also beware that they seem to oxidize 2-5 mins after application so the color I thought matched changed and turn orangey! It was also very matte and ashy on me. Maybe better on oily skin. It is pricey being about the same as Chanel foundations. Disappointing!

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

So I've tried every foundation out there... dior (I REALLY wanted to love it.. ), cargo, shiseido, clinique, you name it! This is by far the best one I have ever used! I've always had such a hard time finding my skin shade, but amber beige 204.5 was dead on! The foundation came on dewy, but it was absolutely perfect after using kanebo's translucent powder over it! It's medium coverage and it's very natural ! It looked great under natural light, and it's long-lasting! Kanebo's products are very expensive ($50 for the foundation and $75 for the translucent press powder)... but it was worth every penny !

It is a great foundation. I have combo dehydrated skin and this is great choice for me.
For now, I am satisfied.
And shades of foundation really suit me

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

What a great foundation! It provides great coverage and that was just what I was looking for. It isn't really mattefiing so if you're really looking for that, don't buy this. It comes in a pump which is great and it smells like silk! I think it last for ages because you have to use so less of the product to get a good result. Don't know if i buy this again because i'm always looking for something better but if i don't find anything or don't have time to look for it I'll definitly buy this again! ( so far )

I just bought it today so I don't know how this will be after 1 month but if anything changes I'll update my review.

OK, so the summer's almost gone and I've only worn Kanebo Instant natural Golden glow, which is not a foundation but a bronzing gel, and I've loved it. Now the autumn's coming and I'm searching for a new, "real" foundation and the SA lends me some samplers from the new foundation line, called Sensai fluid finish: she says the best part of it is that it's made up of much, much water and some silk protein (that's why it's part of the famous Sensai line). I'm quite skeptical about this high content in water, it makes me think it's really unworth the high price, and the fact that the water actually comes from the famous Mount Fuji actually won't appetize me so much, as I've read that Mount Fuji is one of the dirtiest and most polluted and garbage infested mountains in the planet.
Yet, the foundation is GOOD. It's so light it won't make me miss my summer gel, yet it has coverage and lets my skin breath. Plus, the shade I was given (#204 Almond Beige) happens to fit my skin tone perfectly. After three days I've gone through my sample and I need some foundation so I search through my bag and find a small tube of Helena Rubinstein Color clone and I wear that for the day: I feel a horrible, heavy mask on my face and I feel I'm swaeting under my foundation. I hate it so mush that I wash my face and I RUN to the makeup counter and buy a FB of my Sensai Fluid. It may be expensive, it may contain a tad too many chemical preservatives that I don't like, it may be made of suspiciously highly polluted water, who knows, but this one WORKS, believe me, and it has became my foundation now.
What's the moral in this all? Try it
(Sorry, Helena Rubinstein)