October 31, 2014 | 1566 users online

Liquid - Kanebo - Sensai Fluid Finish foundation

rated 5 of 5 on 1/25/2009 10:22:00 AM More reviews by kathymorgan

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is defnitely my HG foundation. I have tried so many, but this one does it. It is moisturising, natural looking yet covers perfectly. This is the only foundation I am confident to wear in bright daylight (outdoors). It wears off graciously without any tell tale signs that you are wearing any foundation. It is a little pricy but it's well worth it. It works best after using silk peeling powder - then your skin looks brand new. The colour matchs also perfect (I wear almond beige) which complements my skin tone, evens it out and does not turn orange, dark or light. I will not use an other foundation after having discovered this.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/4/2009 7:37:00 PM More reviews by cherryblsm

Well I gave this only 3 stars because I was very disapointed with the range of colors they had..and I am Japanese(!) NC 35-37 and this being a Japanese brand I would assume they would have colors with more of a yellow base. Also beware that they seem to oxidize 2-5 mins after application so the color I thought matched changed and turn orangey! It was also very matte and ashy on me. Maybe better on oily skin. It is pricey being about the same as Chanel foundations. Disappointing!

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 1/1/2009 6:59:00 AM More reviews by Theundercore

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

So I've tried every foundation out there... dior (I REALLY wanted to love it.. ), cargo, shiseido, clinique, you name it! This is by far the best one I have ever used! I've always had such a hard time finding my skin shade, but amber beige 204.5 was dead on! The foundation came on dewy, but it was absolutely perfect after using kanebo's translucent powder over it! It's medium coverage and it's very natural ! It looked great under natural light, and it's long-lasting! Kanebo's products are very expensive ($50 for the foundation and $75 for the translucent press powder)... but it was worth every penny !

rated 5 of 5 on 12/7/2008 6:29:00 AM More reviews by Kalyca

It is a great foundation. I have combo dehydrated skin and this is great choice for me.
For now, I am satisfied.
And shades of foundation really suit me

rated 5 of 5 on 10/31/2008 11:31:00 AM More reviews by KittyKat20

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

What a great foundation! It provides great coverage and that was just what I was looking for. It isn't really mattefiing so if you're really looking for that, don't buy this. It comes in a pump which is great and it smells like silk! I think it last for ages because you have to use so less of the product to get a good result. Don't know if i buy this again because i'm always looking for something better but if i don't find anything or don't have time to look for it I'll definitly buy this again! ( so far )

I just bought it today so I don't know how this will be after 1 month but if anything changes I'll update my review.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/30/2008 5:55:00 AM More reviews by 52pigtails

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

OK, so the summer's almost gone and I've only worn Kanebo Instant natural Golden glow, which is not a foundation but a bronzing gel, and I've loved it. Now the autumn's coming and I'm searching for a new, "real" foundation and the SA lends me some samplers from the new foundation line, called Sensai fluid finish: she says the best part of it is that it's made up of much, much water and some silk protein (that's why it's part of the famous Sensai line). I'm quite skeptical about this high content in water, it makes me think it's really unworth the high price, and the fact that the water actually comes from the famous Mount Fuji actually won't appetize me so much, as I've read that Mount Fuji is one of the dirtiest and most polluted and garbage infested mountains in the planet.
Yet, the foundation is GOOD. It's so light it won't make me miss my summer gel, yet it has coverage and lets my skin breath. Plus, the shade I was given (#204 Almond Beige) happens to fit my skin tone perfectly. After three days I've gone through my sample and I need some foundation so I search through my bag and find a small tube of Helena Rubinstein Color clone and I wear that for the day: I feel a horrible, heavy mask on my face and I feel I'm swaeting under my foundation. I hate it so mush that I wash my face and I RUN to the makeup counter and buy a FB of my Sensai Fluid. It may be expensive, it may contain a tad too many chemical preservatives that I don't like, it may be made of suspiciously highly polluted water, who knows, but this one WORKS, believe me, and it has became my foundation now.
What's the moral in this all? Try it
(Sorry, Helena Rubinstein)