MAC Cremesheen - Fanfare

4.5

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium

Fanfare is a rather bright pink for my NC25-30 skintone, but pretty nonetheless. It does not feel drying and moisturises my lips quite well. My first lipstick from MAC and truth to be told, I'm quite a happy customer!

I was looking for that 'perfect pink' shade that I could wear on my lips to school ( in university next year), to brunch with my girlfriends etc, and the salesgirl tried on several shades on my lips (Seesheer, Shy Boy--I hope I got the names right) and Fanfare was the one that I liked.

It's a medium neutral pink with subtle gold shimmers, leaning more towards the warm side and hence complementing my skintone well. But that said, I like to use Fanfare with a more neutral blush as it's really my-lips-but-pinker, and it's really quite pink. But nonetheless, Fanfare is still that confident, beautiful lady who rocks pink like no one else does.

Would I wear it to school next fall? Hell yes. :)

It would be HG material for me if it wasn't THAT pink, but I still love Fanfare anyway. Definitely repurchase!

on 5/22/2011 6:09:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Fine

This looks pink/purple on me. i really like the color. Its very smooth and goes on easy.will buy again.A lipstick for everyday.not to red.

on 5/16/2011 11:58:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Dark, Cool

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Other

This is by far one of my favorite pink lipsticks! I can apply this straight from the tube, no liner, no gloss or anything, and it still looks amazing on my NC50 complexion. This is a fairly new purchase of mine, and im upset that I went through so many other Mac pink shades before finding this one. Definitely my staple pink!! Love this!!

on 2/15/2011 9:01:00 PM

I was looking for ages for a pretty pink that I could wear daily and had the hardest time finding something suitable on me! I tried lots of the popular paler pinks and neutrals (shy girl, creme cup) and they looked ridiculous on my skin tone (NW20), way too pale. I had almost given up but I hit the jackpot with Fanfare! Its creamy, smooth and goes with most of my outfits and moods. Just the right amount of color for a bleached blonde who prefers to wear army tones/grays/blacks.. I alternate between this and Seesheer for a more corally hint and VG Cyndi when I want a little red with my coral. Will def. buy again.

My favourite lipstick. So so so flattering on my NC25 skintone. It is a corally pink that is perfect for the summer and the nightime. It is a MLBP colour (for me at least) that just brightens up my face. If my skin isn’t looking perfect I just put this on and I just look prettier. The texture is creamy (but requires exfoliation prior to application) and comfortable and lasts the day (but smudges when eating so be careful) When I first put this on, with my usual makeup, people who I was already familiar with complimented that I looked prettier than usual. For the winter, I wear this over my slathered on The Body Shop Lip Butter in Pink Grapefruit - awful as an actual lip balm but great for a nude undercoat (wouldn’t recommend wearing alone as a nude lip – too pale) which tones down the colour and makes it more MLBB – so pretty on my lips! I can’t guarantee that this will work on all skintones, but this one was definitely a colour that surprised me when I tried it at the MAC store!

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

This is one of my favorite pink lipsticks. It looks great on tan/golden skintones. It's a gorgeous clean yellow pink lipstick and I love it. I find that it's pretty smooth and moisturizing, and it lasts a decent amount of time. I usually top with Nars Orgasm and I love the way it looks. Will repurchase.

on 12/31/2010 2:15:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Not Sure

Ok, so i saw reviews on youtube of this lipstick and I ran to my nearest MAC counter and picked this up along with ravishing. When I tried it on I wasn't sure if I liked it or not. I said screw it and I bought it. My first day wearing this lipstick I was still unsure. Forreference, my skin is NC42. At first I felt like it was too pink for me. But after wearing it the second time which is today I decided I love it. I top it off with NARS orgasm and I like how it looks on me. It brightens up my face. Its a cremesheen which means easy application and keeps my lips moist. Its MAC so the packaging is the usual along with the price. I would definately buy this lipstick again.

on 11/27/2010 3:21:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I had some B2M but I already had all the lipsticks I wanted so I did not know which one to grab.
For me lipstick has to be special otherwise I will not care to wear it and I don't like them to just be stored there without using them.

I usually always read your reviews before I buy anything, it gives me a good idea, for this, I had no idea at all, had not see or read anything about it.
I just had to get it and tell you how beautiful it was ! I can see now that others MUA find it great, that's excellent !
I saw this one and I said "Where have you been before ???"
When I have tried it on I knew this would be the ONE I will take to parties and trips (I could not take only one but this would come with me for sure!).
It lasts more than other Mac lipsticks and the color looks like it can be slightly different depending on what you are wearing. It is bright but still elegant, I feel "sexy and glamorous" when I wear it at work :o) try it !

on 11/4/2010 12:03:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

I absolutely love, love, love this color! This should be one of the most reviewed MAC lipsticks!

It brightens up my complexion and I don't know why but coral colors seem to make my pink-undertoned skin look healthier and more vibrant!!! It's like an instant makeover. It just makes my features "pop" in a good way with a swipe on my lips.

Sadly...I cannot pull of popular MAC pale lipsticks (e.g. since they wash me out...and makes me look DRAINED..like MYTH, CREME CUP which washed me out so badly :( )
I also look pretty goofy in pink lipstick....I tried Angel..the lady at the counter said it looks pretty but for me its OK. ..but for some reason, I like Fanfare a lot better. This one turns up warm, and coral-pink....it's perfect and it brightens my skin! like a miracle.

Also, this one is really moisturizing!!!! It's a creamsheen formula, and it's so creamy and doesn't emphasize dryness at all :) (Good for fall/winter!) It's kind of matte looking, but it makes my lips look somewhat fuller.

If you like Fanfare, you might also like Shy Girl (a frosty coral pink) that I can pull off.....

However, i don't think this will go well with blonde hair. (Just my opinion!!!!) if you're a brunette, a redhead, or have black hair, try it !!

Overall: HG product...=) perfect color and perfect formula

on 10/18/2010 10:28:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

Fanfare is such a tricky lipstick. In the tube it looks like a deep coral pink shade, I was afraid that it would apply too dark on me since I have pigmented lips already. But it turns out to look quite bright when applied. It looks cool-toned against my neutral-olive skin but I actually love the color paired with natural eye makeup. It suitable for work/school. MAC description about it being mid-tone pink is spot on and it definitely has a warmish undertone to it. The texture of the lipstick is pleasant too; it applies smoothly and feels moisturizing on my lips. Unfortunately I find cremesheen lipsticks too easy to crumble especially that I live in a hot, humid area. My lipstick is broken already within a month I purchased it.

Popular Lipsticks