November 27, 2014 | 943 users online

Moisturizers - L'Occitane - Rice Ultra-Matte Face Fluid

rated 4 of 5 on 5/30/2009 12:16:00 PM More reviews by alanachrysler

Applying a moisturizer to my combination skinned face sounded so heretic, it took me 23 years to give it a try. So, after a little research, I incurred in this niche through L’occitane Rice Ultra-Matte Face Fluid.
At a glance, what attracted me the most in this product - even though a silly reason for a purchase - was it’s extremely pleasant scent. It is really soft and after two or three days, I’m afraid you’ll stop feeling it. I would say the best pro in it is that it has a matte finish indeed. It lasts a day long and whenever you decide it’s time to reapply, there will be no oil to notice in your complexion. For people with acne-prone skin, I would like to add that it was a very nice tool for myself to prevent breakouts.
The cons are: it doesn’t go very smooth, so it might be necessary to dab it about thrice to give a good coverage to your face – meaning the pricey tiny bottle won’t last long. Another thing I noticed is that it does not moisture much - I wouldn’t recommend this product for someone who’s experiencing serious dehydrating problems. My personal choice is to use this one during summer and Effaclar M Sebo-regulating Mattifying Moisturizer (which hydrates nicely, but doesn’t mattify all that much) during winter. And my last complaint is the bottle! That heavy glass isn’t nice to carry on the purse and can also be very dangerous for super clumsy people like me.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/22/2009 11:04:00 PM More reviews by pandasforeva123

Amazing! The person recommended this to me when they told me they no longer sell the Olive Radiance Cream (Booo). I have combination skin (T-zone is oily, but everything else is normal) and it keeps my face oil free all day. However it is pretty expensive but the bottle is genius. Also, it can leave my cheeks (non t-zone areas) dry at times, but that's okay.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/16/2009 11:57:00 AM More reviews by wonderbuy

This replaced the Lavender version but is exactly the same except for the fragrance. The best moisturiser for oily skin and really keeps shine at bay. Natural based and doesnt feel synthetic like the clarins ones and provides a great base for makeup and sunscreen. The only downside is the packaging, which does not pick up the last 15% of the product and is hard to turn upside down since the bottle is so long.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/19/2009 8:39:00 PM More reviews by LaDormeuse

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Sadly, this did not work for me. I really had high hopes for this product; the first time I put it on my skin it went on so smooth, made my makeup glide on perfectly, and gave just the right amount of moisture. But after just two hours my skin looked extremely oily, and my makeup was literally sliding off my face. Not one who is deterred easily, I persisted and used this product for a week straight hoping that my skin would adjust. It didn't. Not only did it seem to make my skin oiler that it was before, I started to breakout. For now, I will continue using my Boscia Oil-Free moisturizer (which controls my oily skin better than this product) until I can find an HG oil control moisturizer.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/15/2009 1:40:00 PM More reviews by papergirl38

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

It does what it says, I have very dry skin, so this isn't my go to moisturizer but it does minimize my pores and goes on very smoothly. A very refreshing and light moisturizer, ideal for the summer months. The bottle is well made and dispenses the right amount of moisturizer.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/9/2009 11:12:00 AM More reviews by gagajm

very light lotion, i felt i needed more to actually moisturize. otherwise my face stayed more matte than it has in a longgg time!!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/5/2009 6:06:00 PM More reviews by pandabear18788

I stopped into L'Occitane to look for a new skincare regimen and I picked up this moisturizer to replace the Boscia moisturizer I had been using and hoped that it would work better for me... and so far, so good! My face doesn't get shiny throughout the day and it hasn't irritated my sensitive skin. It has also given me enough moisture to keep my skin free of dry patches, even in the dry Colorado winter. I am totally impressed and relieved to have found this product.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/7/2008 12:39:00 PM More reviews by raindropz

My rating is more of a 3.5. I've used this almost every morning for about a week now and it's not bad. I like the light fresh scent and the velvety light texture it leaves on my skin. I went to the store intending to get the olive radiance cream, but ended up selecting this one. I spot-tested both creams on my chin/neck area and the side with this fluid was noticeably more smooth/soft.

No complaints about sensitivity yet, seems mild at least for me. However, I do find it to be a bit too light (feels a bit tight on my cheeks which tend to be a little dry). Does a good job mattifying though...about 5 hours before I get a little shiny.
Next time I'm by the store, I think I'll pick up the radiance cream too.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/14/2008 1:49:00 PM More reviews by captainhero

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I have used many moisturisers over the years and have never had a reaction to any of the products. Until I tried this one. My face was swollen, with an itchy red rash within 24 hours. I will never buy their products again

rated 4 of 5 on 10/2/2008 2:30:00 PM More reviews by demonbread

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I've been using this for about two weeks now, and I really like it. It's a very thin gel-creme, with a pleasant scent and an almost velvety feel. Comes packaged in an attractive frosted glass bottle with a pump that dispenses exactly the amount needed for one use, which is nice. It sinks in quickly and keeps my combination/oily skin hydrated without clogging pores or breaking me out. I do take one star off because it doesn't keep my face matte all day as promised, but as a general/basicmoisturizer for oilier skin it's very nice.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No