October 25, 2014 | 1722 users online

Lipstick - Yves Saint Laurent - Rouge Volupte - Lingerie Pink 007

rated 5 of 5 on 4/2/2009 2:55:00 PM More reviews by booya123

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

YES BABY!!!!!!!!!! I just went to Saks today and am in LOVE with their lipsticks. I have never been so happy with lipsticks. This color is fabulous and it really make your lips look so plump and delicious. The smell of the lipstick is so yummy. This pink is the perfect pink- it is not too pink like barbie is walking down the street, and it is not too dark of a pink- just right! I am so picky with my lipsticks, and it usually takes me a while before i find the right shade, but after reading all of the reviews about YSL lipstick, I had to try for myself. The price is up there ($34), but a little bit goes a LONG way. All you need is a little but for high color pay off. The texture is creamy and a little bit satin on my lips. ****I would suggest going to a makeup counter to try because I was going to buy the peach passion over the internet because I saw a picture online, but It was not as I imagined it would be on my lips when i tried it at the counter, so i would definitely stop by the counter. This lipstick makes me feel so sexy~~and the best part is I want more shades!!! These are so addicting, and i cannot wait to increase my collection. Overall, ~FABULOUS~ pink color.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/9/2009 12:51:00 AM More reviews by caligirl3

This is my FAVORITE lipstick EVER!!! It is the perfect pink!! It's a very pale and pretty pinkand I just love it soo much!! First of all the pigmentation is amazing!!! And the packaging is the prettiest I've ever seen!! It smells amazing like melons or something and goes on soo smooth like butter! It's also very hydrating! I lovelovelove this! Everyone go buy it!!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/23/2009 4:55:00 PM More reviews by grouchie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Color: Super pigmented PALE pink (think MAC Snob w/ a touch of Hue). Still wearable, just don't think I'll wear it enough to repurchase at this price (read below) - can be used for a 60's mod look - tends to pull the yellow in my skin if I over-apply.

Formula: very greasy feeling going on (easy to over apply in relation to the pigmentation), the greasiness actually is drying to me - if I blot it it actually stays on like a dream& keeps my normally cracked/dry lips very comfortable! SPF 15

Packaging: Gold, heavy & lux! A cute lil mirror is on the top of the lid. You can see the color around a clear & YSL logo'd band around the middle - only negative is the label only has the number, not the name of the color.

Cost: EXPENSIVE $38 CND (+ 5% sales tax).

rated 5 of 5 on 2/9/2009 11:26:00 AM More reviews by Pocketbabydoll

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is a gorgeous pink, but be careful if you apply with a heavy hand as its very creamy! It feels like no other lipstick I have used so soft and nourishing - almost like a lip balm. I love to dap this on my lips for a small ammount of colour and put a little bit of gloss over the top :)
Very expensive though and although the product is fantastic I think the should charge no more than 15

rated 5 of 5 on 2/4/2009 4:02:00 AM More reviews by Pinklipssstick

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

My skin has never looked more yellow--I just realized I dislike having yellowish/beigeish skin :(. I wish I had pink undertones so that I could wear this :) It is the perfect pale pink. I just can't help but feel so girly in this! It is so pigmented! For a lipstick that feels so light, it's amazing that you only need one coat to get full color. I love this. I just wish it looked better on my skin, which is why I probably won't repurchase. But until it runs out, I use it under a clear lipgloss (or with Date Night Dazzleglass on top) and that makes it look really pretty (it also lasts about 4 hours when I wear it with lipgloss). I love the glossy finish, but somehow it is still matte. And hands down for the first lipstick with an spf that doesn't dry my lips! I'm def. going to be buying more. I may not ever buy lipstick from another brand again. I feel like I'm too young for such fancy packaging though :/ Oh, it might bring out the yellow in your teeth though--but you can also minimize that effect by adding a gloss, especially if it's a purplish gloss.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/24/2009 1:12:00 AM More reviews by makeupqueen26

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Best lipstick on the market. I bought 4 shades and I want more. Pure luxury in a tube of lipstick.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/16/2009 12:02:00 PM More reviews by eurobarbie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

(continue for picture) In my search for the perfect pale lip, the one that doesn't make your lips a thousand times drier than they already are, and has the minimal pink or beige tones without making you look dead, this is probably it. although not perfect. I prefer my MAC 2n, but its far more drying and LE, so I kept searching and found this. In the tube, it looks like a strawberry milkshake colour, except it is a much darker pink than the colour you will get on your lips. When I went to the YSL counter I looked through all the colours and had to ask the sales assistant which one it was, after she showed me, I double cheacked the label twice. When I tried it on however, it was a whole diffrent story. Firstly the sales assistant sat me down and pretty much forcefully applied it to my lips after about me telling her my lips were horribly dry for about ten minutes. She responded with something about it being super moisturising and just applied away. It looked like death, cakey pigmented death. But my top lip wasnt as dried and I realised that this is one of the few lipsticks thats light but actually pigmented, so I bought it anyway. I applied this at home over lipbalm and it worked quite well, although I have to reapply about an hour in, because as moisturing as it is, its still such a light colour, it settles into every line you never even saw you had. The best way to avoid this, or try to avoid it, and this applies to all very pale lipstick, is to apply it with a lipbrish using a dabbing or pressing motion, or just dabbing the lipstick straight on your lips instead of just swiping, cause that deposits colour into your dry areas. I don't know why dabbing doesnt accentuate them as much, but it doesn't.

Back to the colouring, It is a very light, pigmented nude, with the slightest pink tinge in it. It has no glitter but has somewhat of a glossy finish. It is very light and sort of creamy texture. When I wipe it off ( or eat it off) my lips feel somewhat hydrated which is always a plus. The packaging is lovely, has a tiny mirror at the top, good for cheack ups, a tad small for application purposes. My biggets problem would be that the lipstick melts so easyly! all over the packaging and gets everywhere, must be the texture. at 50AUD$, this doesn't come cheap, for is a good formula for drier lips and has a few very good colour options for playing up or down your lips, as well as all the trendy colours.

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/30/2008 8:10:00 PM More reviews by scarlettOH

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is THE perfect pale pink. It's not sheer. There's no shimmer, no glitter. And the texture. It is amazing. It applies like butter and feels as light as a cloud on the lips. Totally smooth and hydrating, It actually feels like it puts moisture back into my lips. It is opaque and will definitely cover pigmented lips. The one drawback is that it is expensive..$34..ughhh. But the tube is huge, and substantial, and just plain pretty to look at. I would definitely buy this again!!! But don't buy this if you hate pale lips!
Here is a pic of it on my NC25 pigmented lips. And also a swatch of it next to two other pink lippies.

10 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/25/2008 4:11:00 PM More reviews by media_cookie

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Beautiful color, a creamy ballet slipper pink. no shimmer, no glitter. Not really warm or cool but if I had to choose I'd say it leans more towards cool. There's no peach or tan or anything in it but it's also not lavender. Just a soft pretty girly pink. it might give some girls 60"s mod lips but I love pale pinks so it's perfect for me :-). Package is gorgeous and the lipstick itself feels really nice, lasts about 2 hours since it's on the creamier side.