April 21, 2014 | 947 users online

Treatments - Lavender Essential Oil

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/30/2010 5:57:00 PM More reviews by zoomusicgrrrl

This is a staple. It's cheap, versatile and it works!! I've never got on with Tea Tree - it tends to leave my skin red and inflamed, has zero impact on cuts or spots and I'm not keen on the medicinal scent. Lavender oil really does work, though. I tend to get breakouts on my chin during my period. If I dab a little neat lavender oil directly onto a bad blemish, I find it dries out overnight. It really is a quick fix for me.
Alternatively (for when my skin might be looking a little congested in general), I mix a few drops with my moisturiser and apply it before bed. It transforms even the most basic cream or lotion into a treatment - and a lovely fragrant one at that.
I also like to make a facial spritz to keep on standby in case my skin gets clogged or oily in the summer - 500ml mineral water plus up to 10 drops of oil in a spray bottle. I use this sparingly, though, as only my T-zone is prone to oiliness, whilst the rest of my face is normal. I overdid it a while back - because it feels so refreshing to be spritzing away when the temperature soars! But my cheeks got dry and flaky. That said, teenage family members tried it repeatedly on their very oily skin and found that it cleared and mattified it superbly.
I love how versatile lavender is - great at combating blemishes or balancing very oily skin, soothing on drier skin (when added sparingly to a carrier oil or a moisturiser), lovely as a relaxing bath oil (I usually mix a little with sweet almond or grapeseed oil). That's without mentioning all its household uses, too. If you buy only one essential oil, make it lavender.

15 out of 15 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 7/7/2010 6:31:00 PM More reviews by mariedea

I was really skeptic about using Lavender Oil because I just believed that nothing would work. I was just at my foodstore and picked up a small bottle of 100% Pure Lavender Oil for like $8 to see if all the hype was true. Well, it sure is!

I was just using my normal moisturizer, and I put 2 drops of this stuff in it and then rubbed it in my hands. I swiped it across my oily zones, which are more prone to acne (I've had pimples there 24/7 since January) and now they're finally going down. I'm so relieved, this acne irritated me to no end. I practically have no pimples now. And I actually like the smell of lavender. After I put it on I didn't really notice it much anymore anyways. If you are hesitating to buy Lavender Oil, don't. I'm glad I did.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/11/2010 2:15:00 AM More reviews by hell0kitty

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Lavender is my go-to for pimples and breakouts.
I have reasons to believe that I have hormonal acne, because no matter what cleanser and moisturizer I use and no matter how natural they are, I still end up breaking out from time to time. Whether I switch products or not, I still break out! So until I find a solution, lavender oil is my hero.
I love how it is a natural solution to acne. I try my best to steer from using harsh chemicals on my skin. Lavender oil is VERY soothing and it also has great anti-bacterial properties. It does a great job of reducing the size of my acne. I mix about 1 drop of lavender oil with 2-3 drops of avocado oil, rub it between my hands to heat it up, and massage it onto my face and wherever I have acne. My pimples don't go away overnight, rather it gradually reduces and dries up. Lavender oil does a wonderful job in speeding up the process. it also calms my skin down and I literally feel the slightly cooling/soothing sensation!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/5/2010 10:35:00 AM More reviews by Minerva10

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I'm SO thrilled I came across this product...thanks to MUA of course! I add 2-3 drops of this wonder to my grapeseed oil, salther on and I'm set. I haven't had any bad reactions as of yet. Def helps with reducing the size of blemishes and it's SO soothing. Just lovely. Def try it, you won't be sorry. I was using Tea Tree Oil for many years and whil it worked wonders, it stung a bit too much. This is far better and it smells good.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/5/2010 8:23:00 AM More reviews by Kat2004

I love lavender oil. It's antiseptic properties make it great for everything from acne spot treatment to deodorant. My main use for it is mixing it with jojoba oil for an acne controlling moisturizer. It's soothing aroma is great for reducing stress as well. Lavender and lemon are great at fighting acne naturally...i've had great results so far.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/28/2009 4:30:00 AM More reviews by seniorita

I LOVE lavender oil. Anytime I feel a pimple coming on, I make a dash for some lavender, dab a bit on, sleep, and the next day its gone...and if not completely, its reduced to a small bump which with continued application(only at night) it completely disappears in 2-3 days.
Sometimes if my skin is feeling a little drab, I will put some on my entire face and in the morning, my skin looks healthy and glowing...I don't do it every night because it smells so strong, and makes it a little hard to sleep..also, my boyfriend calls me a grandma when I wear it ..haha..but hey, he uses it on his pimples too so, bear with the smell!...It will make you beautiful ;)

rated 4 of 5 on 11/20/2009 11:28:00 PM More reviews by mamzaile

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Other Eyes: Green

I always turn to lavender oil when I experience dry skin or if I want to accelerate healing of blemishes. I mix 2-3 drops with my face cream and it gives impressive results, skin looks radiant and healthier. However, beware if you have sensitive skin: I started using it more regularly and lots of small red spots have surfaced, so be careful if you know yourself to be prone to allergic reaction.

7 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 10/16/2009 5:03:00 PM More reviews by jkellas13

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

It's a miracle oil! Over a year ago, I was broken out all over my face - including tons of scars. I had tried every expensive and affordable product and treatment under the sun. I received dozens of facials and peels, nothing worked. I picked, washed, moisturized my face all the time...basically I was a mess. I ended up having a really great facial from Ummelina in Seattle. My gal recommended if I do nothing else, add 100% pure lavender oil to all my products (10-20 drops) - cleanser, moisturizer, foundation, etc. Within days I was cleared up, my scars were lightening up, and for the first time in years I could go without makeup! Now my skin is clear and feels great. I still have the random blemish, but I always know how to treat. I swear by this stuff - it works!

22 out of 22 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 10/16/2009 2:52:00 PM More reviews by GingerLemon

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Other

The previous reviewer may not like the smell of lavender but that dosen't mean lavender oil dosen't work.
I've been using lavender oil for healing my acne, reducing scars and keeping my skin clear.
I have used is straight and also with avacodo oil.
Straight is very potent and I do this on scarring and for healing burns and acne, with the oil at night as a moisturizer--skin soother and healer.
Works wonders.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/31/2009 4:20:00 PM More reviews by winian

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

I have always used Lavender Oil, as does my mom, I learned from her. So many uses! Most of which are listed in other reviews, so I'll just say that yes, it works wonders no matter what you use it for! But most importantly, I have begun the use of lavender and jojoba on my acne prone skin and it is so calming and healing! My skin looks better than it has in a long time! And I just started a couple weeks ago! I highly recomend!