December 20, 2014 | 1130 users online

Treatments (Face) - Lavender Essential Oil

rated 5 of 5 on 3/26/2011 9:19:00 PM More reviews by sleighb7

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love this product. My skin has been such a hassles latley and I could not figure out why. I added lavender and tea tree oil to my regimen and my face is one blemish away from being clear. yayy

rated 5 of 5 on 12/11/2010 2:48:00 PM More reviews by av315

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I went on an essential oil rampage and, unlike many people, I don't LOVE the smell of lavender in itself. I like it for its calming properties, I blend it in my apricot kernel oil and put that on my face at night and I do feel that it relaxes me. There are a million other scents that I love. The fact remains, however, that I made myself different blends to mix with my carrier oils or to use with my toners and I wondered why my skin wasn't glowing as normal. I stopped using certain blends one at a time and it wasn't until I went back to just lavender that my skin calmed down and got its radiance back. I tend to turn into a chemist and I tried to get the perfect combination of EOs for every potential skin problem but in the end, you're still putting a bunch of stuff on your face and if you are like me and have sensitive skin at all, lavender cleans, moisturizes, calms and tones all at once. As much as I prefer the scents of many other EOs, lavender really is the best for my skin. Now I use my citrus EOs and my woodsy EOs sporadically depending on my mood but lavender is my only everyday essential oil. It's not that expensive compared to the rest and most people love the smell and it is the most comprehensive and suited to different skin types. Try it!

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 11/29/2010 12:50:00 PM More reviews by littleflip66

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

When I started using this about a month ago, my skin was pimply and irritated from stress, lack of sleep, etc. Getting ready in the morning involved lots of time and concealer to try to cover up the pimples. I read about using lavender oil here, and so I went to my local Wegman's and bought a bottle. Every night I add a drop of oil to my moisturizer. It took a few days, but the pimples started disappearing, and now a month later, my skin is so much clearer. I don't get those huge zits anymore, and even the little bumps (whiteheads and blackheads?) that I had on my forehead from my bangs have gone away! Love this.

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 11/8/2010 6:42:00 PM More reviews by joanasousa86

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

i've been using this for almost 2 weeks, twice a day mixed with my moisturiser and my skin is clearing up...i'm using differin and peroxid benzoyl too, but this seems to be helping a lot! first thing that came to my mind when i heard about lavender oil was "why would somebody with oily face already put oil on skin" but this doesnt feel like an oil, and it actually kind of dries out my skin, that's why i mix it with the moisturiser.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/6/2010 9:48:00 AM More reviews by sickofacne

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I could do a dance I'm so happy!
Love love love this stuff.
Although, first night, I put a little too much into my moisturizer and my fiancée was wondering if I spilled it~!!!
It's strong smelling, but it puts you to bed, smells nice, works majic!!!!

Yeahhhhhhh for EO's!!!!!!!!
___________________________________________________________

Had to stop using it about 2 months ago: worst headaches EVER from the smell. I even developed rhinitis and was weezing.....no one linked it until I stopped using the stuff and POOF! i was myself again....

UPDATE: OCTOBER 23RD/2011: I tried using it VERY sparingly after all that time spent away from it, but as soon as I did, my sinuses were quite peeved at me and my head was pounding. Is there any non-smelly version of this I could still use??????

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/30/2010 5:57:00 PM More reviews by zoomusicgrrrl

This is a staple. It's cheap, versatile and it works!! I've never got on with Tea Tree - it tends to leave my skin red and inflamed, has zero impact on cuts or spots and I'm not keen on the medicinal scent. Lavender oil really does work, though. I tend to get breakouts on my chin during my period. If I dab a little neat lavender oil directly onto a bad blemish, I find it dries out overnight. It really is a quick fix for me.
Alternatively (for when my skin might be looking a little congested in general), I mix a few drops with my moisturiser and apply it before bed. It transforms even the most basic cream or lotion into a treatment - and a lovely fragrant one at that.
I also like to make a facial spritz to keep on standby in case my skin gets clogged or oily in the summer - 500ml mineral water plus up to 10 drops of oil in a spray bottle. I use this sparingly, though, as only my T-zone is prone to oiliness, whilst the rest of my face is normal. I overdid it a while back - because it feels so refreshing to be spritzing away when the temperature soars! But my cheeks got dry and flaky. That said, teenage family members tried it repeatedly on their very oily skin and found that it cleared and mattified it superbly.
I love how versatile lavender is - great at combating blemishes or balancing very oily skin, soothing on drier skin (when added sparingly to a carrier oil or a moisturiser), lovely as a relaxing bath oil (I usually mix a little with sweet almond or grapeseed oil). That's without mentioning all its household uses, too. If you buy only one essential oil, make it lavender.

15 out of 15 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 7/7/2010 6:31:00 PM More reviews by mariedea

I was really skeptic about using Lavender Oil because I just believed that nothing would work. I was just at my foodstore and picked up a small bottle of 100% Pure Lavender Oil for like $8 to see if all the hype was true. Well, it sure is!

I was just using my normal moisturizer, and I put 2 drops of this stuff in it and then rubbed it in my hands. I swiped it across my oily zones, which are more prone to acne (I've had pimples there 24/7 since January) and now they're finally going down. I'm so relieved, this acne irritated me to no end. I practically have no pimples now. And I actually like the smell of lavender. After I put it on I didn't really notice it much anymore anyways. If you are hesitating to buy Lavender Oil, don't. I'm glad I did.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/11/2010 2:15:00 AM More reviews by hell0kitty

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Lavender is my go-to for pimples and breakouts.
I have reasons to believe that I have hormonal acne, because no matter what cleanser and moisturizer I use and no matter how natural they are, I still end up breaking out from time to time. Whether I switch products or not, I still break out! So until I find a solution, lavender oil is my hero.
I love how it is a natural solution to acne. I try my best to steer from using harsh chemicals on my skin. Lavender oil is VERY soothing and it also has great anti-bacterial properties. It does a great job of reducing the size of my acne. I mix about 1 drop of lavender oil with 2-3 drops of avocado oil, rub it between my hands to heat it up, and massage it onto my face and wherever I have acne. My pimples don't go away overnight, rather it gradually reduces and dries up. Lavender oil does a wonderful job in speeding up the process. it also calms my skin down and I literally feel the slightly cooling/soothing sensation!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/5/2010 10:35:00 AM More reviews by Minerva10

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I'm SO thrilled I came across this product...thanks to MUA of course! I add 2-3 drops of this wonder to my grapeseed oil, salther on and I'm set. I haven't had any bad reactions as of yet. Def helps with reducing the size of blemishes and it's SO soothing. Just lovely. Def try it, you won't be sorry. I was using Tea Tree Oil for many years and whil it worked wonders, it stung a bit too much. This is far better and it smells good.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/5/2010 8:23:00 AM More reviews by Kat2004

I love lavender oil. It's antiseptic properties make it great for everything from acne spot treatment to deodorant. My main use for it is mixing it with jojoba oil for an acne controlling moisturizer. It's soothing aroma is great for reducing stress as well. Lavender and lemon are great at fighting acne naturally...i've had great results so far.