Guerlain Parure Extreme

Aqua (Water), Cyclopentasiloxane, Alcohol, Isododecane, Cetyl Peg/PPG-10/1 Dimethicone, Acrylates/ Dimethicone Copolymer, Acrylates Copolymer, Rhodiola Crenulata Root Extract, Silica, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, Phenoxyethanol, Stearic Acid, Sodium Myristoyl Glutamate, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Alumina, Aluminum Hydroxide, Parfum (Fragrance), Calcium Sodium Borosilicate, Tetrasodium EDTA< Propylene Carbonate, Butylphenyl Glycol, Dimethicone, Linalool, Citronellol, Alpha-Isomethyl Ionone, Methylparaben, BHT, Benzyl Benzoate, Geraniol, Butylparaben, Ethylparaben, Limonene, Isobutylparaben, Propyllparaben, [ /- Mica, CI 7789I (Titanium Dioxide), CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499 (Iron Oxides)]

on 2/25/2011 1:09:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This foundation is the longest wearing foundation I have ever tried. The finish is matte and coverage is light to medium. Texture can be best described as light and fluid but not watery which makes it easy to spread with your fingers.

My only issue with it is finding a color match. The lightest shade available in the US is 02 Beige Clair and the intensity is OK but there is an orangy tone (looks like oxidation but it's just the foundation shade). It seems like it will suit someone who is light, but slightly tanned.

There is a very fragrance that you can smell that lingers for a while after its applied, which I don't care for, but overall it doesn't bother me too much. I'm considering ordering 01 or 32 overseas but am afraid 01 might be too light or 32 might be too dark.

The gold bottle looks very luxe and pretty. However, it may not be the most practical because you can't see how much is left. Hope this helps someone. Any reviews on shades 01 or 32 would be appreciated!

***EDIT*** I had the chance to swatch 01 and 32 when I was in Asia. 01 is very pale, best for NC15. 32 is the best match for NC20.

on 1/12/2011 9:30:00 PM

I've tried a lot of long wearing foundation, and this is the best!!!! Even aftr more than 12 hours wearing it, it still looks almost perfect.. And tht is when i don't use any primer.. Imagine if i did..

The colour isnt really the best, bt 02 beige Claire seemed alrite on me, although it's a bit cool tone on my skin.. I prefer warmer tones as I'm asian with yellow undertone.
It dries up pretty fast, which is good if ure in a rush, bt hav to work fast with it. Once it's set, it looks just amazing.. Very natural, as if ure not wearing any foundation. I don't set it with any powder, I usually just dust my meteorites on top of my cheekbone and lightly around the face.. It is amazing!!
The beat foundation I've tried so far.. In terms of staying power and how it looks on the skin. It has high coverage, bt still looks like skin..
It does hav a scent, which some ppl might not like, but I LOVE it!! it smells gorgeous..
I'd definitely buy em again!!

The foundation lasts 7, 8 hours, the wear is good compared to the previous foundation I've tried. smells good, I like the packaging, I found my shade.It don't turn orange, good coverage without increasing the face.And Water Resistant - Non Transferable - SPF 25 PA++, But it is too expensive!

on 12/28/2010 10:28:00 AM

Really an all around excellent foundation. My current HG!
The formula is runny which is odd at first, but it makes it so easy to spread out evenly. The coverage is excellent; I would call it a full coverage foundation for sure, it completely covers my rosacea redness.
It does have a bit of a scent but because I am not sensitive to that, I dont really care.
As others have said, colour selection is an issue especially if you are pale. I'm a NC25 and beige clair is a touch dark for me but luckily I can still get away with it, the difference is hardly noticeable.
It did leave me a little glowy so I had to set it with LM's translucent powder, as I prefer a matte look (I find I dont look natural when Im too 'dewy').
Not that it matters to me - but I can't help but notice how lovely the packaging is as well :)

on 12/1/2010 9:49:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

My HG foundation. Price is high, yes, but I would say it's worth every penny. It covers so nicely but still looks natural on my skin (as long as I don't put it on too much), and always gives my skin a healthy glow. It stays beautiful on my face for all day long, even on hot summer days it keeps looking beautiful and doesn't run off my face.

on 11/25/2010 12:53:00 AM

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

The good: beautiful packaging (not necessary but it is gorgeous), one pump pretty much covered my whole face, didn't seem to transfer (hugged my white cat...nothing on her, buildable coverage, weightless, and it is has a silky/luminous finish. The bad: my tzone was super shiny about an hour after applying and that's with setting with a loose powder. I had to touch up with blot paper and powder a lot more than I usually have to. I do have an oily tzone but I think this foundation exacerabed it...a lot. For $56, the color selection is small. So, I guess I'm a rare bird with this foundation and I so wanted to love it. Please don't let my less than favorable review stop you from trying this but if you are oily, get a sample first.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

What a fantastic product that delivers. Let me break my review down:

1) Packaging: Gorgeous, as it should be! For $56 I would expect an elegant package that looks good. It's gold with a black pump and easy-to-take-off top that is almost center-piece good.
2) Pump: I'm not only glad that this foundation has a pump, but it's so easy to control how much pressure you want to apply! You can definitely control whether or not you want 1/3, 2/3 or a full pump of product out.
3) Smell: There is a slight smell so those who are scent sensitive shouldn't worry because it isn't strong. The smell itself is very pleasant in my opinion.
4) Viscosity/Thick-or-thin: This product is very thin, not exactly runny but close. This is great because the product is *very* pigmented so you don't have to use a lot of product just because it is thin! Thin means the product will be able to blend better into your skin.
5) Blendability: It is a dream to blend! Whether you use your fingers, MAC 109 or 187 (all brushes I have used), this is a fool-proof foundation to apply.
6) Other: This foundation doesn't oxidize on me, dries to a matte (but not flat) finish that truly looks like skin. A 'glow-from-within' look.
Overal: A fabulous product that is luxurious both in packaging and in feel. You cannot go wrong with this foundation; it is long wearing and transfer-resistant as well. For $56, I would say this foundation is well worth the investment, or at least a sample!

on 11/14/2010 7:28:00 PM

Well I've found my HG foundation. I have normal combination skin that's very sensitive. This foundation is slightly runny, but covers well . I"m fair with cool undertones and I wear #13. It matches perfect. It doesn't look mask like or accent my lines. I'll repurchase.

on 11/10/2010 7:02:00 AM

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

For reference I have NC-30 skin that's easy to tan and easy to lighten (after a day or so indoors) I have this is 03 Beige Natural.

I got a compliment from a makeup artist when I was wearing this particular foundation. The finish is sort of dewy, luminous, and the coverage is good. This is also long wearing, even after a hard workout at the gym at the end of the day (too lazy to remove makeup before going to the gym, I know it's disgusting but it's a great way to test staying power of cosmetics), the product is very easy to apply too, it's very runny, but I find that this is best applied using a damp sponge.

On all accounts, this is a very good foundation. But I'm undecided because of the limited shades available. My skin is acidic and most foundations oxidize on me(the degree of oxidation depends on my stress levels and the primer I used), so even if 03 is the best match for my skin tone it still darkens after an hour or so. I have 02 (in Parure Pearly White) but I find that is too light on me even if my face oxidize.

So what I do is I mix these two shades and I get a nice slightly lighter shade than my skin tone that even if it oxidizes, it's not too dark.

The packaging is in this heavy gold bottle w/ a pump dispenser. Very luxurious. As for the price, it's Guerlain so I understand the cost. Expensive.

EDIT: I've been using this with a green base control to shift the shade to a more neutral one since I have very warm skin tone and this leans toward cool. This is the foundation I now use on special occasions and if I know I'm gonna be out longer and I need my makeup to stay on longer.

on 11/9/2010 2:33:00 AM

I Love it!!
Mat but without mask effect.
Lasts forever with and without fixing powder.
Water, tears and sweat are no problem.
Just Perfect!

I also found the Perfect color match. I use no. 2-beige clair.
As a Reference I am NC15 in Mac and cameo in chanel.

For me it is the Best allday allyear foundation.
Although I prefer Chanel Prolumiere on Photos.