April 19, 2014 | 1848 users online

Liquid - Guerlain - Parure Extreme

rated 5 of 5 on 12/1/2010 9:49:00 PM More reviews by Mia1988

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

My HG foundation. Price is high, yes, but I would say it's worth every penny. It covers so nicely but still looks natural on my skin (as long as I don't put it on too much), and always gives my skin a healthy glow. It stays beautiful on my face for all day long, even on hot summer days it keeps looking beautiful and doesn't run off my face.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/25/2010 12:53:00 AM More reviews by akn8v

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

The good: beautiful packaging (not necessary but it is gorgeous), one pump pretty much covered my whole face, didn't seem to transfer (hugged my white cat...nothing on her face..lol), buildable coverage, weightless, and it is has a silky/luminous finish. The bad: my tzone was super shiny about an hour after applying and that's with setting with a loose powder. I had to touch up with blot paper and powder a lot more than I usually have to. I do have an oily tzone but I think this foundation exacerabed it...a lot. For $56, the color selection is small. So, I guess I'm a rare bird with this foundation and I so wanted to love it. Please don't let my less than favorable review stop you from trying this but if you are oily, get a sample first.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/14/2010 8:12:00 PM More reviews by Hoorayitscameron

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

What a fantastic product that delivers. Let me break my review down:

1) Packaging: Gorgeous, as it should be! For $56 I would expect an elegant package that looks good. It's gold with a black pump and easy-to-take-off top that is almost center-piece good.
2) Pump: I'm not only glad that this foundation has a pump, but it's so easy to control how much pressure you want to apply! You can definitely control whether or not you want 1/3, 2/3 or a full pump of product out.
3) Smell: There is a slight smell so those who are scent sensitive shouldn't worry because it isn't strong. The smell itself is very pleasant in my opinion.
4) Viscosity/Thick-or-thin: This product is very thin, not exactly runny but close. This is great because the product is *very* pigmented so you don't have to use a lot of product just because it is thin! Thin means the product will be able to blend better into your skin.
5) Blendability: It is a dream to blend! Whether you use your fingers, MAC 109 or 187 (all brushes I have used), this is a fool-proof foundation to apply.
6) Other: This foundation doesn't oxidize on me, dries to a matte (but not flat) finish that truly looks like skin. A 'glow-from-within' look.
Overal: A fabulous product that is luxurious both in packaging and in feel. You cannot go wrong with this foundation; it is long wearing and transfer-resistant as well. For $56, I would say this foundation is well worth the investment, or at least a sample!

9 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 11/14/2010 7:28:00 PM More reviews by greytgirl

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Well I've found my HG foundation. I have normal combination skin that's very sensitive. This foundation is slightly runny, but covers well . I"m fair with cool undertones and I wear #13. It matches perfect. It doesn't look mask like or accent my lines. I'll repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/10/2010 7:02:00 AM More reviews by lazeny

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Black

For reference I have NC-30 skin that's easy to tan and easy to lighten (after a day or so indoors) I have this is 03 Beige Natural.

I got a compliment from a makeup artist when I was wearing this particular foundation. The finish is sort of dewy, luminous, and the coverage is good. This is also long wearing, even after a hard workout at the gym at the end of the day (too lazy to remove makeup before going to the gym, I know it's disgusting but it's a great way to test staying power of cosmetics), the product is very easy to apply too, it's very runny, but I find that this is best applied using a damp sponge.

On all accounts, this is a very good foundation. But I'm undecided because of the limited shades available. My skin is acidic and most foundations oxidize on me(the degree of oxidation depends on my stress levels and the primer I used), so even if 03 is the best match for my skin tone it still darkens after an hour or so. I have 02 (in Parure Pearly White) but I find that is too light on me even if my face oxidize.

So what I do is I mix these two shades and I get a nice slightly lighter shade than my skin tone that even if it oxidizes, it's not too dark.

The packaging is in this heavy gold bottle w/ a pump dispenser. Very luxurious. As for the price, it's Guerlain so I understand the cost. Expensive.

EDIT: I've been using this with a green base control to shift the shade to a more neutral one since I have very warm skin tone and this leans toward cool. This is the foundation I now use on special occasions and if I know I'm gonna be out longer and I need my makeup to stay on longer.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 11/9/2010 2:33:00 AM More reviews by Veram

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I Love it!!
Mat but without mask effect.
Lasts forever with and without fixing powder.
Water, tears and sweat are no problem.
Just Perfect!

I also found the Perfect color match. I use no. 2-beige clair.
As a Reference I am NC15 in Mac and cameo in chanel.

For me it is the Best allday allyear foundation.
Although I prefer Chanel Prolumiere on Photos.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 10/28/2010 4:40:00 AM More reviews by emilygu86

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I really like this foundation- prob one of the best I have ever used. I have a hard time finding foundations that stay on due to my oily skin and I have had no problems with this one. My skin still gets oily but not as oily as it has in the past.

The lightest shade also matches my white skin perfectly. Will def buy again...only problem is it is difficult to see how much product you have left in the bottle and as it is not the easiest foundation to find you need warning for if it is running out!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/1/2010 10:43:00 PM More reviews by Angie59

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

The best foundation in the market!!!!! If you have less than average skin (like me) that needs good coverage but with no fake mask look or rubbing off...this is for you...It also gives a goergeous glow, makes you look healthy + SPF 25...what more can yu ask for...my skin is very sensitive & acne prone, this never breakes me out, just beautiful product in a beautiful gold glass bottle that last all day & for $60 Canadian bucks..Guelrain made in france...compared to Teint Idole from Lancome costs $50 no SPF, much less coverage, much much less staying power (the parure extreme is waterproof) & made in the US..NO Thanks.....Parure Extreme is a bargain....lasts for over a year even if used everyday..you need 1 pump for the whole face.....Its a miracle foundation....

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 9/30/2010 10:33:00 PM More reviews by reverie1989

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

First, I have to say that the bottle really looks classy yet it is very heavy. I mix shade 03 and 31 together to get my shade and i apply it by dabbing onto my entire face which is rather time consuming but this prevents a cakey look if i were to rub and blend it into my skin. At first, i was disappointed at how matte this is, yet after trying it a few time, i can see the sheen and the glow to the face. Its coverage is medium to full i would say. it covers my acne scars but it does accentuates pores a little. A big put off is that it breaks me out along the jawline and turns greyish after oxidation although i did set it with a primer.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/26/2010 9:44:00 AM More reviews by wmbinnj

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Saw a few reviews of this online so I decided to go take the plunge. Went to Bloomingdale's with a foundation that matches my skin tone perfectly, showed it to the SA and she suggested a tone that came close, so I bought it. Got it home, used it as I would any other foundation and I looked jaundiced from the color. The pink-toned one was too pink and this one was too yellow. The next shade up would have been too orange,. I took the foundation back. I also noticed it seems to accentuate facial flaws (enlarged pores and creases). Overall I thought the consistency was ok but something about the pigmentation causes this. I was not impressed with this product at all due to the color limitations, the price and the coverage and have decided to use mineral powder foundation, which works better for a natural look. I think this product makes one look as though they are wearing a badly matched mask. I got better color results from some drug store products. I also noticed the reviews and possibly due to my age group, this product is not favorable to mature skin. Definitely does not look natural at all.