August 1, 2014 | 1776 users online

Makeup Brushes - Ecotools - retractable kabuki

rated 4 of 5 on 6/30/2012 1:43:00 AM More reviews by PALEGRE3N

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I got this on iherb.com for about $7 I think (use this code for $5 off any purchase
"GAC548") Soooo anyway this is my first ecotools brush and I LOVE it, it's just what I needed - a low cost, dense, high quality, retractable (for cleanliness) kabuki brush! There isn't really much to say except that it does it's job perfectly, I use it for my powder in the morning and touchups during the day : )
Edit:
Unfortunately after about a month of daily use and a few washes the brush separated from the base, I glued it back in but now it's not retractable : (

rated 5 of 5 on 6/8/2012 11:25:00 PM More reviews by historismus

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I'm really impressed with this brush. Very soft, just the right density, and good for applying powder and blending makup. And portable! For the price it's definitely definitely worth it.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/7/2012 10:44:00 PM More reviews by emmibabyy

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Grey

So great! I love the design - so cute and convenient, keeps the brush clean. SO soft, I can't believe it was so cheap. I bought mine on amazon for about 7 bucks - I couldn't believe it, especially buying all these expensive sephora brushes. This is ten times better than the sephora kabuki I had, which was rough and fell apart and just bad all together. Applys my BE makeup very well. Everyone should have one!

rated 2 of 5 on 4/22/2012 9:37:00 PM More reviews by boara94

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I used to like it.. I used it with my mac mineral powder to go. However, recently I found it to be rougher than other ecotools brushes and no longer use this.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/22/2012 3:24:00 AM More reviews by trcunning

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

My all-time, go-to, do-everything brush. I toss it in my bag, use it for mineral foundation (kept partial closed to stiffen the bristles), for cream brush (partial closed to fit my L'Oreal jar) and for powder (fully open). The packaging is simple with just a logo stamped in the lid and you don't need to worry about scratching, etc. Ridiculously cheap, usable and soft. A must have for all newbie or casual makeup users.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/17/2012 10:25:00 AM More reviews by ljoseph29

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I absolutely love this brush!!! Its the perfect travel size brush for applying powder, bronzer or blush on the go! I love how you can just easily stick it in your purse and you can put a cap over it to prevent the brush from shedding. I wash it with baby shampoo and the quality still feels the same since the first day I purchased it. It is worth the money!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/15/2012 10:36:00 PM More reviews by canadian

I purchased this brush approximately two months ago to use with loose mineral powder foundation. I payed approximately $12.00 Canadian. I have sensitive skin. This brush is soft and does not irritate my skin. The bristles are dense and not flimsy. It works well applying loose powder although I usually do tap off excess since it holds powder so well. I have washed the brush with baby shampoo a few times and have not experienced any problems with shedding. A definite repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/15/2012 10:14:00 PM More reviews by bunbunny

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

*Please note, I'm a newbie when it comes to brushes.
I do have a small concealer brush, but none other than that.*
I've been using this for 2 months now.
This little baby is perfect.
I use it for my PRESSED Sweet Leilani SPF powder. (the only foundation I use)
At first, I was silly and swirled the brush in the powder and then just tapped/patted the product onto my skin. Then, I watched some Youtube video, and I saw someone swirling the product onto the skin buffing it in in circular motions. (I believe it was Goss (?) - the cool, British dude).
So I saw that, and I thought, huh, that's a funky of putting powder on. And then, the next morning, when I was putting on my powder, I remembered the video, and thought, ok, let's try it. BAM - beautiful application. So nice: smooth, with no patches, and looked completely un-cakey, which is a word that I cannot use to describe my previous method of patting the powder on.
The bristles(?) are very soft, and the powder is spread out nicely. The motion along with the soft, dense bristles give my skin almost an airbrushed look; don't mind that at all :) Also, I do have some peach fuzz action going on, so considering that, this brush is performing beautifully.

For the price (CAN $12) I expected it to fall apart after a few uses, since it's got a whole contraption situation going on - the retractable feature. Let me tell you, this has survived numerous sports tournament trips, little voyages with family or friends, school and also being dropped into the bathroom sink - it survived beautifully and it's still going on strong.
I've experienced no shedding, even though I've been using this every day for the last 2 months
I can't find any downside to this.
Please NOTE again, that it's my first brush, so I don't know how it will compare to others, but by itself, it's perfect. I don't need another one.
Also, again, please NOTE, that I'm using this with a pressed powder, so I can't vouch for how it will perform with liquid fdtn's or loose powders, especially cleaning it. (I wet it, swirl in a pool of water + some mild soap in my hand for a few minutes, then rinse gently, then pat dry and let it air-dry).
Hope this helped.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/13/2012 9:11:00 PM More reviews by Annushka

Packaging is great, small enough for on the move, bristles do not get caught into the lid and go 'haywire' like I have seen some do..
I gave this a five because for the price, packaging and quality it is much much better than other brands. However, I found that the bristles are very dense and pack on a lot of product. Sometimes, because the bristles are sythetic, the powder falls off easily before you can get it to your face!!(but I can't take a lippe off - all synthetic brushes do this) so that's weird...sometimes theres so much on the brush, then it all falls off...sometimes it doesn't fall off at all and I get big powder blotches.
You also have to be wary of how/where you apply powder as the head is quite small and won't 'open up' like other brushes because this one has the barrel casing,
As with all ecotools products, the bristles are synthetic (I don't like synthetic but for this product I didn't want to buy anything too expensive) and soft, no shedding and durable.
All factors considered there would be no reason to buy any other retractable (unless you were megarich!), this ticks all the boxes and I would repurchase if anything ever happens to mine.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/13/2012 8:06:00 PM More reviews by megabookfreak

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

The most underrated brand of brushes id say. They're ALL SO SOFT!!!!!!!!!!!!

this kabuki is REALLY dense and very soft. VERY comparable to MAC in that sense. If I had to go back in time and purchase only one, it would be this kabuki over MAC's.

if aything, it's a little TOO dense sometimes because I like my bllush to be VERY light and subtle. This can pick up a little too much color sometimes...but usually it works out perfectly. Highly recommend!