April 21, 2014 | 1493 users online

Tinted Moisturizer - Pixi - illuminating tint & conceal

rated 5 of 5 on 8/13/2010 6:07:00 PM More reviews by Edinburghgirl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

This is really excellent! I've been searching for a good tinted moisturiser for a while. I have pale, freckled skin and wanted something light for day time use.

I bought this in Number 1: Light Glow and it's the perfect shade. It has more coverage than most TMs but is still sheer and the illuminating properties are very flattering. The concealer is great for spots and around my nose, but too heavy/dry for under the eyes.

The only downside is the price. At 21 for 1oz it is an expensive treat. However, is the best TM I have tried.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/12/2010 4:20:00 PM More reviews by kennedysayshi

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love love love this tinted moisturizer! It has really good coverage for a tinted moisturizer and gives you this healthy shimmery glow.
The concealer is really good, but every once in a while will get into the fine lines under my eyes. But it's not too bad at all, so it doesn't really bother me.
It's great for travel, because it's small, it's all you need, and you don't really need to use that much.
The only complaint I have, is that it's a bit oily. And once I forgot to wash it off and it broke me out. Otherwise this is perfect, it's my new favorite tinted moisturizer, and I haven't worn foundation in a really long time because this is just so light and great feeling with a perfect amount of coverage so that you still look natural.
I love it.(:

rated 5 of 5 on 8/2/2010 9:36:00 AM More reviews by wowetflutter

I rarely write reviews, but I love this product so much that I just had to. I'll get the negative points out of the way first 1 - it's quite expensive - 20 in the UK and 2 - the packaging isn't great, the cap for the concealer and the cap for the actual moisturizer itself, both twist off in the same direction, so sometimes, both of them come off, but that's ony a small thing.

Now onto the positives - the coverage is one of the best i've seen from a tinted moisturizer and the fact that it's illuminating just makes your skin glow. Price wise, it isn't actually that expensive when you take into account that you get a moisturizer and concealer in one, and the concealer is better than some of the ones that i've paid 20 for alone. It does a great job of concealing blemishes and under eye circles and doesn't really need powdering over because it's not too creamy.
A little goes a long way, i've had this for months. The tube seems tiny, but I use it nearly every day and still have quite a bit left. I will definitely re-purchase this product - it's especially great to take away because it's a 2in1 product, so takes up less room in your makeup bag.

I cannot say enough good things about this - I love it. So many times i've bought products thinking that they might be better than this, but I always go back.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/8/2010 4:34:00 AM More reviews by Kellykins

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Man, I hate having to break the chain of all the good reviews on here :(
but this made me break out. *Cries*

Pros:
-TM Gave you that dewy look, but not too dewy
-Concealer Blends in well
-Concealer matches with the TM so you don't have to buy another concealer
-Looks good in pictures
-Has Spf 20
-Water-resistant

Cons:
- It takes a looong time to dry up, like it feels sticky
- concealer is really easily caked if you apply it too much
- Will get oily during the day
- can have the ability to break you out since it contains pore-clogging ingrediants both in the TM and concealer.
-SO EXPENSIVE WAAHHh
-Has parabens in it :(

Yeah I'm still recovering from all the bumps it gave me :(
Only Bareminerals Matte has the power to recover it.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/30/2010 7:03:00 PM More reviews by leilasundstrom

I love this product. I was on a hunt for the perfect tinted moisturizer that actually has a tint ON the skin (unlike others like cover girl where it's just tinted in your hand), and THIS IS IT!!!

It's perfect for acne prone skin and/or combination. I'm pregnant so my skin is crazy now - dry cheeks, oily nose/forehead, and acne prone chin/jaw line. I wanted something natural, with SPF, light/medium coverage, and wouldn't clog pores. My skin has actually improved using this, and it takes literally 1 minute to apply. The concealer is great for those little blemishes that come up, and I use it for under eye circles.

Go to target and get it - so worth the $30, and worst case scenario, you can always return it there since they have a generous return policy,

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/17/2010 11:28:00 AM More reviews by LelaViavonie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have had this for about 3 days and have used it all three days and so far it has not had any effects to my face but has make it really soft and I do love the fact that this has SPF in it..
BUT.. the only thing is that I am very tan.. and I do have some eneven skintone from acne scars and I do like the consitency of the stuff but Im not sure if it may be to light on me and leave a slight white cast.. I have been asking my family and friends around me if they can tell I have anything on and they say no.. so it must just be me and looking way too hard.. lol

The concealer is AMAZING! Goes on sooooo smooth and it stays on!!! I have reaaaaaaly oily eye lids and I use concealer to brighten my eyes and it stays on alll llllllday.. even after my workout... (and i mean dripping sweat)

Sooo.. I will be back to review after a couple of days.. I still dont know if I want to keep it.. but I will keep testing it out.

UPDATE: 6/28/10
I LOVE THIS STUFF! It does amazing in crazy Vegas Heat.. great in colder months too with a moisturiser under it.. and the coverage is super versitile.. I can cover spots if need be.. the concealer is perfect.. and love the SPF.. great in the pool..
I love love love love love this stuff.. and im quite dark now that I have been in the sun.. and this stuff looks so natural and looks great in pics.. and did I mention it takes me less than a minute to apply with my fingertips.. YEP.. im hooked :D

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 6/12/2010 2:37:00 PM More reviews by donnaartz

Love this to death, it is just what I wanted, a tinted product that brightens and smoothes the complexion and is good for the skin. I have lots of coverage needs, and when added with a setting powder, this made my skin look naturally healthy and alive, no oily sheen, no sparkly stupid particles to worry about in daylight, no drag, no streaks.
the concealer is top notch too, doesn't settle into lines, is smooth as silk, i just went out and bought it for my 2 daughters and got a back up for myself, i love this so much i can't say enough about it. i got the lightest color even though i am a med skin tone and its perfect, this color brightens my skin just enough to pull out the shadows. if there were more stars i would give them for this product. try it, you can return it easily because you can get it at target.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/4/2010 5:11:00 AM More reviews by joob123

i must say i absolutely love this product, i have a very strange combination of skin, because of acne, the prescribed medication makes parts of my skin really dry and others stay oily, this smooths out my complexion and leaves me glowing.
the actual moisturiser has little coverage, but leaves a nice smooth even, glowing complexion, and when used with the concealer it gives medium coverage. the actual concealer has very good staying power and although it can be a little dry for me, the actual colour looks perfect, so means less blending. my whole morning make-up routine is down to 5 minutes!
wish it came in a bigger tube, as i'm from the UK and it isn't in many of the boots stores yet, so i had to order online, for the price i think its good value for money as long as i don't break out. honestly disagree with those who say it leaves your skin glaring, i thought it was nice and subtle, but occasionally i set this with powder to avoid the dreaded shiny nose. will definitely repurchase :)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/19/2010 1:26:00 AM More reviews by aryana

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is a fantastic tinted moisturizer! Before this I tried Sonia Kashuk's TM, after reading rave reviews about it and hearing that it had coverage closer to a foundation. However I found it to be more sheer than the reviews led me to believe, and I was also turned off by the fact that it contains emu oil.

I bought Pixi's tint & conceal after seeing a video on Pixiwoo's makeup youtube channel that used it. I couldn't believe I was paying $30 for a small 1oz product, especially since it's from Target, and I regretted the purchase all the way home.

Well, I definitely did not end up regretting after trying it! This really has a lot of coverage for a tinted moisturizer. I need coverage for hyperpigmentation from acne, and the concealer at the end is just perfect for that as well. It's really a genius product. When I'm in a big rush in the morning I just use this and brush some mineral powder over and I'm good to go. The concealer does a good job and is great for covering spots in a hurry... although I do worry about it being un-hygenic as it's just a stick concealer. However I have not broken out from using this product at all, and I have very acne-prone skin.

Also I've had the product for probably over 6 months now and there is still quite a bit left (although I don't use it regularly, usually just on days when I don't have time for my foundation routine). I think I'm gonna start using this more because it has SPF20 and this new moisturizer I got has no SPF, so I can just use the Pixi over it :)

So YES, if you're at Target, give this a try! It has much better coverage than the Sonia Kashuk TM, higher SPF (20 vs. 15) and I think it is better for sensitive skin (as the Pixi TM is oil-free, fragrance-free, talc-free, and hypoallergenic. And I think vegan, while the SK one contains Emu oil... ick).

Pricey but definitely worth it... and this is coming from someone who barely made it to the cash register because of the high price!

8 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 5/10/2010 11:07:00 AM More reviews by Russel

This is a fantastic TM. I have sensitive, acne-prone skin that tends to turn liquid foundations or TMs orange. I've been using this for approximately 3 months now and haven't had any adverse reactions. No clogged pores, not cysts, no orange-by-noon face. I consider this something of a miracle product.

Edited to add: I repurchased this and found it to be too orange. I bought the same color I had been using. When I compared it to my old tube, I could see this difference in the shade. I'm not sure if it was temporary problem or not, but I thought it was a little too pricey to play color roulette.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No