July 28, 2014 | 1973 users online

Tinted Moisturizer - Pixi - illuminating tint & conceal

rated 4 of 5 on 9/30/2010 11:45:00 PM More reviews by owlcat75

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is a great tinted moisturizer that is kind to my sensitive, moody complexion. It's light, nourishing, and leaves my skin with a beautiful dewy glow that I really love in the cooler weather. I use my PF pressed mineral powder or MAC MSF natural lightly over it so the glow comes through without the shine. I really like the concealer as well, it's not super creamy, but covers under-eye circles and imperfections nicely. Overall, a great TM/concealer combo with very clever packaging.

Update - I still really like this after several weeks of use, but find myself going through the 1 oz tube rather quickly ($30 a tube - ouch!). I purchased the Tarte Smooth Operator TM & like it a bit better. Check out my review:)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/21/2010 5:38:00 PM More reviews by shinejunkiemonkee

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I absolutely love this product. The shade "Bare" is a perfect match for my NC 25 complexion. The tinted moisturizer evens out my skintone and actually manages to somewhat blur away some of my blemishes with the help of light diffusers. It wears well by itself and even better over a primer (like Tarte's Clean Slate) or my Shiseido Control Color. And the concealer is amazing! I thought it would be dry (from the looks of it in the tube), but it's not. In my experience, it works equally well under the eyes and over blemishes.

My only complaint about this product is the price: $30 for a smallish tube. I wouldn't mind so much except I found that the concealer went pretty quickly. Granted, my skin is terrible, but the concealer bullet is also pretty small. I'd love to be able to buy the concealer separately. With all that said, I will definitely buy this again.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/29/2010 6:29:00 AM More reviews by themadhattress

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Cool Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

NOTE: There seems to be two formulations for this TM, one with glitter and another without. This review is for the TM with no glitter.

Gosh, a tinted moisturizer that makes my skin look great and clears my skin?! I have oily skin that I think is a NW35 (do not like Mac foundations so I haven't checked my color in years!) and I use No. 2. The tm comes in a pretty small tube with a rollerball type concealor in the cap. I believe that despite the small amount, the tube will last as long as any other 50 ml tm because it's slightly thicker and it takes a few small dots to cover my entire face.

The coverage is, I would say medium. It covers redness and unevenness but is not enough for a blemish. The finish is SO gorgeous. It gives me that lit-from-within glow without any trace of glitter or shimmer. I try to avoid my cheek area because too much of this can make me look oily, but load it up on my cheekbones. I have gone for 18 hours without any sign of it budging, so there's the staying power for you!

As for the concealor, it is perfect for blemishes. It glides on so smoothly and never cakes. It's too cool-toned to cover my dark circles completely, but I find it brightens the eye area when I use it underneath my concealor.

And the best part about this tm is that a week after I started using it, all my blemishes disappeared and none have appeared since. I haven't had a single spot in a month and my pores are completely clear. I believe it's the retinyl palmitate. This is my dream tm and I will be buying it for as long as they make it!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/13/2010 6:07:00 PM More reviews by Edinburghgirl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

This is really excellent! I've been searching for a good tinted moisturiser for a while. I have pale, freckled skin and wanted something light for day time use.

I bought this in Number 1: Light Glow and it's the perfect shade. It has more coverage than most TMs but is still sheer and the illuminating properties are very flattering. The concealer is great for spots and around my nose, but too heavy/dry for under the eyes.

The only downside is the price. At £21 for 1oz it is an expensive treat. However, is the best TM I have tried.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/12/2010 4:20:00 PM More reviews by kennedysayshi

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love love love this tinted moisturizer! It has really good coverage for a tinted moisturizer and gives you this healthy shimmery glow.
The concealer is really good, but every once in a while will get into the fine lines under my eyes. But it's not too bad at all, so it doesn't really bother me.
It's great for travel, because it's small, it's all you need, and you don't really need to use that much.
The only complaint I have, is that it's a bit oily. And once I forgot to wash it off and it broke me out. Otherwise this is perfect, it's my new favorite tinted moisturizer, and I haven't worn foundation in a really long time because this is just so light and great feeling with a perfect amount of coverage so that you still look natural.
I love it.(:

rated 5 of 5 on 8/2/2010 9:36:00 AM More reviews by wowetflutter

I rarely write reviews, but I love this product so much that I just had to. I'll get the negative points out of the way first 1 - it's quite expensive - £20 in the UK and 2 - the packaging isn't great, the cap for the concealer and the cap for the actual moisturizer itself, both twist off in the same direction, so sometimes, both of them come off, but that's ony a small thing.

Now onto the positives - the coverage is one of the best i've seen from a tinted moisturizer and the fact that it's illuminating just makes your skin glow. Price wise, it isn't actually that expensive when you take into account that you get a moisturizer and concealer in one, and the concealer is better than some of the ones that i've paid £20 for alone. It does a great job of concealing blemishes and under eye circles and doesn't really need powdering over because it's not too creamy.
A little goes a long way, i've had this for months. The tube seems tiny, but I use it nearly every day and still have quite a bit left. I will definitely re-purchase this product - it's especially great to take away because it's a 2in1 product, so takes up less room in your makeup bag.

I cannot say enough good things about this - I love it. So many times i've bought products thinking that they might be better than this, but I always go back.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/8/2010 4:34:00 AM More reviews by Kellykins

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Man, I hate having to break the chain of all the good reviews on here :(
but this made me break out. *Cries*

Pros:
-TM Gave you that dewy look, but not too dewy
-Concealer Blends in well
-Concealer matches with the TM so you don't have to buy another concealer
-Looks good in pictures
-Has Spf 20
-Water-resistant

Cons:
- It takes a looong time to dry up, like it feels sticky
- concealer is really easily caked if you apply it too much
- Will get oily during the day
- can have the ability to break you out since it contains pore-clogging ingrediants both in the TM and concealer.
-SO EXPENSIVE WAAHHh
-Has parabens in it :(

Yeah I'm still recovering from all the bumps it gave me :(
Only Bareminerals Matte has the power to recover it.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/30/2010 7:03:00 PM More reviews by leilasundstrom

I love this product. I was on a hunt for the perfect tinted moisturizer that actually has a tint ON the skin (unlike others like cover girl where it's just tinted in your hand), and THIS IS IT!!!

It's perfect for acne prone skin and/or combination. I'm pregnant so my skin is crazy now - dry cheeks, oily nose/forehead, and acne prone chin/jaw line. I wanted something natural, with SPF, light/medium coverage, and wouldn't clog pores. My skin has actually improved using this, and it takes literally 1 minute to apply. The concealer is great for those little blemishes that come up, and I use it for under eye circles.

Go to target and get it - so worth the $30, and worst case scenario, you can always return it there since they have a generous return policy,

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/17/2010 11:28:00 AM More reviews by LelaViavonie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have had this for about 3 days and have used it all three days and so far it has not had any effects to my face but has make it really soft and I do love the fact that this has SPF in it..
BUT.. the only thing is that I am very tan.. and I do have some eneven skintone from acne scars and I do like the consitency of the stuff but Im not sure if it may be to light on me and leave a slight white cast.. I have been asking my family and friends around me if they can tell I have anything on and they say no.. so it must just be me and looking way too hard.. lol

The concealer is AMAZING! Goes on sooooo smooth and it stays on!!! I have reaaaaaaly oily eye lids and I use concealer to brighten my eyes and it stays on alll llllllday.. even after my workout... (and i mean dripping sweat)

Sooo.. I will be back to review after a couple of days.. I still dont know if I want to keep it.. but I will keep testing it out.

UPDATE: 6/28/10
I LOVE THIS STUFF! It does amazing in crazy Vegas Heat.. great in colder months too with a moisturiser under it.. and the coverage is super versitile.. I can cover spots if need be.. the concealer is perfect.. and love the SPF.. great in the pool..
I love love love love love this stuff.. and im quite dark now that I have been in the sun.. and this stuff looks so natural and looks great in pics.. and did I mention it takes me less than a minute to apply with my fingertips.. YEP.. im hooked :D

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 6/12/2010 2:37:00 PM More reviews by donnaartz

Love this to death, it is just what I wanted, a tinted product that brightens and smoothes the complexion and is good for the skin. I have lots of coverage needs, and when added with a setting powder, this made my skin look naturally healthy and alive, no oily sheen, no sparkly stupid particles to worry about in daylight, no drag, no streaks.
the concealer is top notch too, doesn't settle into lines, is smooth as silk, i just went out and bought it for my 2 daughters and got a back up for myself, i love this so much i can't say enough about it. i got the lightest color even though i am a med skin tone and its perfect, this color brightens my skin just enough to pull out the shadows. if there were more stars i would give them for this product. try it, you can return it easily because you can get it at target.