December 22, 2014 | 1195 users online

Concealers - Urban Decay - 24/7 Concealer Pencil (all)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/13/2009 12:20:00 AM More reviews by Jewelx17

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I bought this in the darkest shade, NSA and it's a perfect match. The shades aren't very dark, NSA is the darkest but I'm actually medium tone. I love the matte finish this leaves and I also love that it has enough coverage to make blemishes disappear but it looks like your natural skin at the same time. I apply this first and then use UD surreal skin mineral powder. Once the concealer was set with the mineral powder, it disappeared into my skin and I just looked like I had flawless skin. Only thing is I wish this came in a lipstick form instead of a pencil. With a pencil, I have to shave it with a sharpener and that's a waste of perfectly good concealer and if it was in a lipstick form, it would still have the precision and ease of the pencil but with no waste. I will probably go through this concealer fast because of it. Price is moderate, $17, for such good quality.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/18/2009 10:12:00 AM More reviews by LL100

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

FANTASTIC product!

PROS:
Easy - accurate and stays on.
Coverage - has a mattifying quality; can be used in the oily T zone for touchups
Multi-tasking - imperfections, blemishes, general color correcting; on a good day, it's only thing I use - I can skip foundation and powder.
Better than the MAC concealer pencil.

CONS:
May not work well on super dry skin, especially under eyes, but not a problem for me.
Needs more shade options - FBI and NSA work on me, but as with any concealer, if you don't have the right shade, it's going to look off.
Need a pencil sharpener (I use the one from MAC that I bought for the MAC pencil).

rated 5 of 5 on 7/25/2009 6:24:00 AM More reviews by dahew

I'm always on the search for good concealers for my dark gray chronic undereye circles. Everything I use seems either too sheer or the color match is off or the product would be too creamy that it would slide off midday. I really hate that reverse raccoon look so I'm obsessed with finding the right one, my Prince Charming of concealers. After reading all the positive reviews on MUA and Sephora.com, these UD 24/7 concealers sounded pretty good so I had to try them. I've had both drugstore and high-end concealers that felt very dry, cakey, and too orangy. For reference, I'm light-medium, more like a beige. I use LM TM in Nude, Stila concealer color D, Lancome concealer in medium bisque. I decided to try UD 24/7 Concealer because it has microsponges to zap oil or sweat. The concealer comes in pencil form to cover specific spots and is super creamy to blend. you can basically draw your flaws away with this pencil - use the tip to cover small lines or spots, and then turn the pencil more sideways to do a larger area.. When I was looking up my color match on Sephora online, I thought I would've been DEA (for fair-med tone) but when I went into the store it turned out I was NSA which was the darkest color on the line. NSA was a perfect match for my undereyes. I tried it on both dark circles, redness around my nose, and some capillary lines along my cheeks. Covered it with my Tart Provocoteur mineral pressed powder and called it a day. Through >90% humidity weather and temps in the high 80s (I'm in Hawaii), these conditions were really testing my face considering that I'm already a heavy sweater to begin with. So through the humidity, sweat, errands, and shopping, I was surprised to see my face was still even toned and that my complexion remained almost as fresh as when I first put the MU on. The concealer (and Tart powder) held up really well through sweat, even after I'd wipe beads of sweat off my face with a tissue several times thoughout the day and not following up with touch-ups. I'm not looking forward to sharpening it yet b/c I hear one can lose a lot of product that way, but I guess I can appreciate the convenience and flexibility that this concealer pencil is giving us. The formula, texture, durability, and delivery of the concealer were fabulous and held up well to my tough sweaty day. In fact, it had exceeded my expectations. I do feel these UD pens deliver what they promise and more. This is close to being my HG concealer but we'll see since I'm constantly on the look out for great concealers. I would definitely repurchase these concealer pens.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 7/21/2009 6:38:00 PM More reviews by totheheartbeats

I wanted this to work for me, but it didn't as well as I had hoped. It was too dry for my undereye area, even after eye cream, despite all the moisturizing ingredients in the concealer. It stays put all day with a setting powder over it. FBI is a pretty good under-eye shade for my NC25 Asian skin.
The packaging could be better, but it's decent. The concealer you sharpen away can be salvaged with a brush, wasting less product.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/19/2009 8:11:00 PM More reviews by sg00

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Quick review...

PROS:
1) Super convenient and slick packaging. I love how you can stick this in purses, slide into pockets, and pretty much carry it anywhere. I also prefer not having people know that I'm carrying a concealer around, so the packaging is just plain perfect for me.
2) Decent color match, but could be better (I'm C3-C4 in MAC and got matched with NSA.)
3) Easy application and good coverage. The concealer has a creamy smooth texture, making blending a breeze.

CONS:
1) Limited color choices. I still don't find NSA a perfect match, and can see many darker skinned girls having problems as well.
2) HORRIBLE WEAR. This thing's completely gone in less than an hour on my nose, and less than 3 hours on my face, which isn't even oily.

VEDICT:
Decent product, mediocre price at 17 bucks, but I'll never purchase again for sure. What's the use of wearing concealer if I have to worry about it sliding off my face 24/7? Sonia Kashuk's Hidden Agenda Palette blows this out of the water.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/24/2009 7:23:00 PM More reviews by kimko

I'm a fan of this. I was using one of Everyday Mineral's concealers when I finally decided that it was too messy and that I needed a new one. After buying UDPP, I grabbed one of these to put in my cart after reading the reviews. This pencil is super easy to use and store. I draw on my face the spots that need concealing and rub it it with my finger. This pencil is amazing for covering acne scaring and undereye circles; super creamy. The only problem is when I try and cover pimples, it tends to get a little chalky and leave a powder line around the pimple. Another problem I found is that they don't make too many colors. I'm pale and I use the 2nd shade in DEA. I thought DEA was too dark for me until I figured out that it is just right! Unless you're really pale, I'd get the 2nd shade. Other then those two issues, that I am very pleased with this pencil. Sometimes I go without foundation and just use the pencil for concealing.

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 6/17/2009 6:15:00 AM More reviews by monsterbeans

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Medium Eyes: Hazel

So, after about 450 years, my 2.50 M&S concealer ran out. Whilst it covered reasonably well, I was looking for something a bit more heavy duty. As Kevyn Aucoin often said, you can often get away with just concealer and powder, and I was striving to use less foundation everyday.

Being limited ethically in my choice of brands, I picked my old mainstay, Urban Decay. They seem to really get makeup for my sort of skin (combo, light and yellow toned).
In the liquid Surreal Skin I wore Dream, but have converted to the mineral and wear Illusion now.
I'm glad I went to a shop to pick this out, as the website is rather misleading. I picked up FBI, which is described as medium and looks very dark on website. It is actually a lot lighter in person.

Initially I literally drew all over my dark circles and blemishes, which was product overload. Now I just dot and get the same coverage. It covers better than any cheaper concealer I've ever used, so I'm willing to spend the 8 quid or so on it. It does give my skin a better all over appearance, and because my dark circles/blemishes and under-the-skin-spots aren't so visible, I don't find I need as much foundation now.

It lasts all day on me. I'm not really that oily normally, but under hot conditions my skin is the first to show the effects, but so far, so good. Only gripe is that virtually no sharpeners fit, so purchasing the Grindhouse is a must, which always seems to be out of stock where I live!

(EDIT: To UK people, Boots pencil sharpener -in the pink bag- fits these pencils and is much cheaper and always available!)

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/31/2009 6:46:00 PM More reviews by partymartyw

Still not my perfect concealer, but good. I use CIA to match my NC20 skin. It goes on very opaque and covers well. A bit dry though- I have top be careful or it will accentuates my fine lines. Great for spot cover on the face though, especially because you can just dab the pencil on.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/30/2009 11:51:00 AM More reviews by JYCS19

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

I was using mac select cover up concealer and it didn't last all day. I was skeptical at first about this urban decay stick cuz I really expected a lot from the rave reviews. At first I didn't like it cuz I didn't think it lasted all day. I was about to return it but then I gave it another chance and it really does last all day!! I wear nc30 in the concealer and FBI was too light for me. I got NSA and it was perfect. Its about 21$ CDN at sephora. I haven't sharpened it yet but I will put it in the freezer first cuz I will prob waste product! I really don't like the stick packaging but you can't have everything, right? It does smudge off if u rub it when you're taking eyebooger out LOL! But if its untouched, it willl last all day.

EDIT:
This is settling in the lines around my eyes. Also, if you don't have a good moisturizer, the concealer won't look smooth AT ALL. Changing rating from 5 to a 2.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/16/2009 10:40:00 PM More reviews by Lilo1013

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I bought this based on all the rave reviews and I love it!! I have to admit it is not perfect but it is as close to perfection as concealers go for me. It covers well (I have blemishes, scars, etc) and lasts throughout the day. I am Mac NC25 and I got this in CIA. The match is a little lighter than my skin but it still covers and does its job. I just put my foundation on after and it looks blended in and not apparent at all. I do find it a bit drying but not to the point that it flakes on me.
I love the packaging because it is in stick form. I am not sure how long this stick will last though. I have taken it with me when I travel it is so convenient just to whip it out instead of having to use a brush and pot. If you are looking for a concealer with great last coverage, try this one!