April 18, 2014 | 1216 users online

Concealers - Urban Decay - 24/7 Concealer Pencil (all)

rated 5 of 5 on 6/17/2009 6:15:00 AM More reviews by monsterbeans

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Medium Eyes: Hazel

So, after about 450 years, my 2.50 M&S concealer ran out. Whilst it covered reasonably well, I was looking for something a bit more heavy duty. As Kevyn Aucoin often said, you can often get away with just concealer and powder, and I was striving to use less foundation everyday.

Being limited ethically in my choice of brands, I picked my old mainstay, Urban Decay. They seem to really get makeup for my sort of skin (combo, light and yellow toned).
In the liquid Surreal Skin I wore Dream, but have converted to the mineral and wear Illusion now.
I'm glad I went to a shop to pick this out, as the website is rather misleading. I picked up FBI, which is described as medium and looks very dark on website. It is actually a lot lighter in person.

Initially I literally drew all over my dark circles and blemishes, which was product overload. Now I just dot and get the same coverage. It covers better than any cheaper concealer I've ever used, so I'm willing to spend the 8 quid or so on it. It does give my skin a better all over appearance, and because my dark circles/blemishes and under-the-skin-spots aren't so visible, I don't find I need as much foundation now.

It lasts all day on me. I'm not really that oily normally, but under hot conditions my skin is the first to show the effects, but so far, so good. Only gripe is that virtually no sharpeners fit, so purchasing the Grindhouse is a must, which always seems to be out of stock where I live!

(EDIT: To UK people, Boots pencil sharpener -in the pink bag- fits these pencils and is much cheaper and always available!)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/31/2009 6:46:00 PM More reviews by partymartyw

Still not my perfect concealer, but good. I use CIA to match my NC20 skin. It goes on very opaque and covers well. A bit dry though- I have top be careful or it will accentuates my fine lines. Great for spot cover on the face though, especially because you can just dab the pencil on.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/30/2009 11:51:00 AM More reviews by JYCS19

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

I was using mac select cover up concealer and it didn't last all day. I was skeptical at first about this urban decay stick cuz I really expected a lot from the rave reviews. At first I didn't like it cuz I didn't think it lasted all day. I was about to return it but then I gave it another chance and it really does last all day!! I wear nc30 in the concealer and FBI was too light for me. I got NSA and it was perfect. Its about 21$ CDN at sephora. I haven't sharpened it yet but I will put it in the freezer first cuz I will prob waste product! I really don't like the stick packaging but you can't have everything, right? It does smudge off if u rub it when you're taking eyebooger out LOL! But if its untouched, it willl last all day.

EDIT:
This is settling in the lines around my eyes. Also, if you don't have a good moisturizer, the concealer won't look smooth AT ALL. Changing rating from 5 to a 2.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/16/2009 10:40:00 PM More reviews by Lilo1013

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I bought this based on all the rave reviews and I love it!! I have to admit it is not perfect but it is as close to perfection as concealers go for me. It covers well (I have blemishes, scars, etc) and lasts throughout the day. I am Mac NC25 and I got this in CIA. The match is a little lighter than my skin but it still covers and does its job. I just put my foundation on after and it looks blended in and not apparent at all. I do find it a bit drying but not to the point that it flakes on me.
I love the packaging because it is in stick form. I am not sure how long this stick will last though. I have taken it with me when I travel it is so convenient just to whip it out instead of having to use a brush and pot. If you are looking for a concealer with great last coverage, try this one!

rated 3 of 5 on 4/15/2009 3:58:00 PM More reviews by Marianna79

Wow, am I the first person who wasn't impressed with this? I actually bought this product on the basis of raving reviews... well, it was a disappointment. I should have known better, because I already had a negative experience with cream-to-powder foundations and this concealer is not an exclusion.
Yes, it is very pigmented and it is a good thing, but what is the use of it if this concealer doesn't sink in and just floats on the top of the surface of the skin? one wrong move and it is rubbed off. In addition, like all of the cream to powder products it is extremely drying and causes flakiness. I have no idea how people use this under the eyes area! I haven't been able to apply it to the areas other than directly on pimples. forget about camouflaging areas around the nose,etc because peeling sets in in seconds. Plus, applying this directly on pimple that is drying up is not a good thing either because it shows off the scabs. This concealer is only able to conceal successfully some discolorations on otherwise smooth and hydrated skin. Well, what about those troubled areas?

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/12/2009 11:27:00 PM More reviews by desertmom4

Short and simple: this UD 24/7 concealer pencil *R*O*C*K*S! Meaning, I have semi-dark circles under my eyes which I blame partially on hereditary and/or lack of sleep, and this concealer covers them all day w/out caking or settling into fine lines. I only use this under my eyes and wear FBI ( NC30 skintone). It is a good match as it is a tad lighter than my skintone, therefore "brightening" up my under eye area w/out being obvious. I like the pencil form, as it makes for precise application. The product is creamy and blends easily. I set it w/ my LM SBP, and I'm good to go all day long. I've been using it for 2 weeks, and haven't had to sharpen it yet. I am a bit leary on sharpening it as I read alot of product gets wasted this way. I will definitely be sure to throw it in the freezer b4 sharpening it. I believe I payed $17.50 for this concealer, but consider it a real steal as it does deliver. Heck, I prefer it over my CdP, Time Balm, and Coverblend...I would repurchase this again!

**EDIT** 5/1/09...bought another UD 24/7 Concealer pencil, but in NSA. This is a close match to my NC30ish skintone, and I use this one for blemishes. It does cover blemishes as well as redness around the nose really well. It also lasted all day. *yay* IMO it works best for blemishes,etc after foundation is applied but b4 setting powder. Otherwise, it may have "slip" on bare skin. Yes...would repurchase this one too! Have I mentioned these sticks make awesome e/s bases. Of course I have to add TFSI under it, but it works well as my e/s color stays true, doesn't fade / crease. Love this multi-stick!

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/25/2009 12:59:00 AM More reviews by fionam

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I've tried numerous concealers before, some melted off my face, some clogged my pores, and I have to say, this is my HG! Love this product. I've been using it for about 3 months and still on the same stick. Prob 50% remaining (but initially I used more and now cutting back because I changed foundations).

This product does not clog my pores, stays put, and has the perfect consistency.

After applying my foundation, I use the stick to put it on any red marks and blemishes that appear. Just dotting it then I take a powder brush like Sephora Professionnel Platinum Brush #50 that has taklon bristles with some MUFE HD powder and just stipple it on the area. It effortlessly blends into my skin. Because of the "micro-sponge" it doesn't cause my breakouts to get worse, in fact it gets better. With the creamy texture, it doesn't dry out my skin or cause flaking. Best of both worlds.

Usually after sharpening, you are left with glob of concealer that is all mushed up with the sharpening blade. The trick with sharpening this is to put it in the freezer for an hour or so. Then sharpen it. After, you can easily use a sterilized metal stick and take out any remnants of the concealer from the sharpener and place it in a jar. This way you get the most out of the product without wasting.

For colour reference, I'm NC30 and use this stick in FBI.

[Edit] It took about 6 months before I finished an entire stick. I use this on any blemishes and discolouration on my face but not under the eyes.

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 3/17/2009 8:06:00 PM More reviews by poofingsoon

This covers excellently! I love how easy it blends and spreads and STAYS PUT on my oily skin. I love that it's in a stick so it's portable. However, the sharpening gets incredibly annoying and it makes the product run out quickly. I would still continue to repurchase because the color matches my skin so well.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/15/2009 6:56:00 PM More reviews by nutterbutterstar

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

After discovering that my favorite under-eye concealer, L'oreal Infalliable concealer, was being discontinued, I was scared I wouldn't find anything. I checked MUA and saw that this was getting really great reviews for covering dark circles. I have got very dark genetic circles and under-eye bags that no cream/brightener/serum will ever get rid of, so I rely on concealer to "tame" them.

Now I know that no concealer will ever be able to fully make my dark circles disappear, but this pencil is the best that I've ever tried! It's creamy enough that it blends wonderfully and thick enough that it covers the darkness. Best of all, it really does last throughout the day, even after I work out and sweat! I'm fair and bought this is DEA which matched my old Infalliable which I bought in Light. The shade ranges are all pretty light which is great for me, but I wouldn't recommend this for darker skin tones or you might end up with reverse raccoon eyes. I like the pencil as it makes it easy to apply precisely to any blemishes or small areas of redness. The only problem is that if you don't set it with powder, it can settle into fine lines. This has great, natural coverage for dark circles, blemishes, etc! Love!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/9/2009 10:47:00 PM More reviews by fishmama

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is fantastic, long lasting, great color matching concealer. Sets well, is creamy and can be used anywhere on the body to cover blemishes, scars, etc. I just use a light dusting of loose powder on top to set. For years I used Estee Lauder Smoothing Creme Concealer. I much prefer the colors, coverage and packaging of this product. A trick: because the color match and creamy texture are so good, I use this OVER my liquid foundation. That way it doesn't get moved around or become diluted by applying liquid foundation over the concealer. And the pencil is so easy to use and travel with. Don't forget, the sharpener by Urban Decay that goes with this.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No