April 21, 2014 | 1490 users online

Treatments - Philosophy - Turbo Booster C Powder

rated 5 of 5 on 5/7/2010 11:51:00 AM More reviews by Morganna777

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Other

This is the best C product available, its stable and because you control it's strength it works well. I guess some prefer not to have to mix it but this is the best way for your skin to get Vitamin C, also taking it orally is important or even more so !

rated 5 of 5 on 2/25/2010 12:06:00 AM More reviews by cosec00

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I decided to try this after reading reviews for the philosophy serum and saw again and again that many people were getting great results if they combined it with the powder.

Philosophy purity and serum have done wonders from my skins texture and general appearance. But when I added this product to my regime, I noticed even more improvement in my skin tone.

There is a slight tingle when you apply it--but no bad reaction. And I have VERY sensitive skin. Yellowish/brownish discoloration on my cheeks (looked like a leftover faded tan) disappeared within several weeks of using this product. The firmness of my skin has also improve--fine lines around my eyes have softened. Great product--worth the extra step and effort.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/6/2010 7:31:00 PM More reviews by CarolinaMidwife

I liked the idea of this product more than I think I liked the actual product. It is kind of a pain to use (comes it a little bottle with a wee little spoon you have to use to scoop the powder) and I didn't see a huge difference. It didn't break me out or cause any irritation and I marked that I would try it again because I had initially used it in my early 30s and my skin has changed since passing 35.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/31/2010 2:12:00 PM More reviews by coriforia

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This product is overall a good vitamin C product - unfortunately it comes down to the fact that its just a pain to use! I'm all for putting vitamin C on my face but I realize now I want it to be a serum or lotion, I don't want to have to mix it myself every morning.

The powder is a white powder in a dark opaque bottle. It comes with a little scoop. The directions say to use one scoop daily but I will say that is way too strong for me! I do have very sensitive skin though. I use 1/2 scoop a few times a week and do ok, but any more than that and I start to get irritation. You may want to start with a lower amount and work your way up to see how you do.

Now what has it done for my skin? Well, its hard to say. Oddly when I put it on I feel like my skin looks immediately brighter, but then the brightness fades throughout the day. I also know that vitamin C helps with skin damage from the sun, so even if I don't directly see a difference, I'm ok because I know its helping anyway!

Overall, I will use it because I know its helping my skin and as long as I don't use a full scoop every day my skin is fine. But, its really a pain to use and so when its empty I will look for a serum instead.

Ingredients: ascorbic acid, panthenol, zinc pca, copper pca, camellia oleifera leaf juice, dipotassium glycyrrhizate, arginine, cysteine, aloe barbadensis leaf juice.

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/26/2010 1:33:00 PM More reviews by composure

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Other, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I'm a bit surprised by this product. I've been using it consistently for about 2 months. I have quite a bit of acne scarring all over my face. At first I wasn't sure it was working at all. The change is so subtle, but over a greater period of time, you see a definite change. I just woke up one day thinking, "Is that my skin or what??" lol. I love how versatile the formula is. You can add a pinch of it to any moisturizer. I currently add it to The Body Shop Tea Tree mattifying lotion. Seeing that whitening products costs double the price of this, I may choose to stick with it. It did not irritate or break me out.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/24/2010 9:24:00 PM More reviews by GeeJocUrGOLD

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I think this is a wonderful idea, but this broke me out. Am I the only person this happened to? My skin looked bad with continued use and I have just about the clearest skin that always gets comments. Took a little while for it to recover. Might work well for someone else, vitamin c is great for the skin and enhances sun screen. Potency is also an issue with vitamin c products, seems like it's just something to put on the label to draw people in and this IS actually potent stuff while the majority are not. This just didn't work for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/21/2010 12:39:00 AM More reviews by snickersaw943

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

AMAZING! After using for 3 weeks my skin is so much more clear! I had servere acne scars that have been on my face for seriously months, and they are almost gone! My skin was so blotchy, red spots, dark spots, and now I can honestly say that my skin is 75% more clear than it was 3 weeks ago. For the price it is incredible, miracle worker. Nothing else has worked for my scars before until now :) Only down fall is that it does sting a little when you put it on, just wait 3 or 4 mins and it will go away. Also, DO NOT put this near your eye or it will become irritated and very sore. Overall, this product is amazing and I think I am dedicated for life!!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/13/2010 5:38:00 PM More reviews by jmcoco

I've been using this for about a month now. I have fairly good skin, but this does make it brighter and more even. It's a preventive product so only time will tell as far as it's claims, but I think it's working. It can sting a little if I use it after I've used an exfoliating scrub, but it's not unbarable and only lasts a few seconds. The packaging doesn't bother me and as for the price, this will last a long time so I think it's a pretty good deal. I use this product in the AM as directed. I use one scoop mixed in with two pumps of Olay Regenerist Touch of Sun. Yep that's right. I aply a gradual tanning lotion to my body every other morning and the Olay to my face every morning (since the face exfoliates faster). This product does not interfere with the gradual tanning properties in the Olay at all...just incase anyone is curious.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/5/2009 9:24:00 PM More reviews by FeatherHen

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Grey

Gee -- I'm not sure how to rate this. I bought it, and have been using it for about two months. I mix about 2/3 or so of a scoop with my "WHINE" serum in the mornings (because the package recommends it be used in the AM rather than PM); however I'm not sure if it's really doing anything.

It stings a little when I apply it, but then it goes away. Basically what I notice is that my skin and hands smell like I've been working out in the yard after I use it. You know the smell -- like after you get out of a tanning bed, or your boyfriend/husband after he finishes doing heavy work out in the heat. You can smell it on your hands immediately. Kind of a metallic smell.

This bottle will last me a while. I'm not sure why I'd repurchase it because I'm not sure if anything is happening here. continued >>

rated 4 of 5 on 10/6/2009 11:35:00 PM More reviews by ashley4frogs

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Neutral Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I give this a 4 because even though I use a scoop of this every night with my Hope In A Jar, Im still not sure if its just the moisturizer or the combo...
Also, I would like some place to put the scoop with the little jar. Right now I use a small clear hair band to hold them together.
The jar is nice though because it keeps well in the fridge.