December 19, 2014 | 1188 users online

Treatments (Face) - Philosophy - Turbo Booster C Powder

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/16/2011 12:03:00 AM More reviews by bdawn

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I'm very pleased with this product and I would definitely purchase it again. I have had some splotches of hyperpigmentation on my face for about 10 years now. Mostly on my chin and cheekbones. Over the past 2 years I noticed that the dark patches were getting darker and deeper and I couldn't even conceal them with makeup anymore unless I wanted to look like I was wearing a mask of foundation. I kept hearing that vit c is good for helping with dark spots so I took the plunge and bought a bottle of this turbo C powder. I didn't get immediate results. Some people say that vit c gives them an instant glow but I didn't experience this. However after about 2 weeks of daily use I did notice a clearer brighter skin tone. Now 1 month later I am very pleased with the results. The hyper pigmentation has definitely faded to something more manageable and a small layer of foundation hides it entirely. I mix a full scoop in with my whine serum (another philosophy product that I have grown to love) and I can't believe that I am actually getting real results. I could probably cut back to 1/2 scoop now. Just this morning I was sitting at my mirror looking at my face and I was seriously tempted to not wear any foundation as my skin just looked so healthy and bright. But alas! I'm not that brave yet. I often do run errands without makeup on but I have never gone to work without my full face on. Maybe someday.

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 4/12/2011 9:49:00 PM More reviews by engk916

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this powder, I wanted a good antioxidant but most antioxidants come pre-mixed with moisturizers that don't work for my bone dry skin. Finally stumbled upon this powder. It takes some practice to get the right amount mixed in with my shiseido lotion, but it WORKS! My skin is bright and dewy and one bottle lasts for months. Vitamin c degrades when exposed to light so I keep my bottle and scoop in the box it came in.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 3/25/2011 1:47:00 PM More reviews by lisahmad

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I've been using this for almost 1 year and I LOVE this product!!! Finally something (Vitamin C-in-a-bottle) that works on me!!! I use it every morning (mixed with my moisturizer) and I can see improvement in my skin in a few days - my face is a litlle brighter and skin tone more even. It's NOT a miracle cream and its a PAIN to scoop and mix sometimes - but it works. I only use it in the day, I keep the bottle tightly closed and clean my scooper (sp?) often. When I first bought it, I thought it was expensive for a teeny tiny little bottle - but trust me, it last for months. Highly recommended!!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/28/2010 3:19:00 AM More reviews by eponine26

I use this a couple of times a week, and I have definitely noticed that it's made my complexion brighter. It also seems to help a little with the dark marks I get after a breakout (I have olive skin so even the tiniest zit leaves a dark mark -- argh). My skin gets dull and tired-looking really easily, and I find that this really helps counteract that. I definitely think it's worth it just for that. Oh, and my skin is fairly sensitive, but this doesn't seem to bother it. It tingles a tiny bit when I put it on, but that' sit. I don't use it every single day, but I'm actually going to try to do just that from now on, to see if I get even better results.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/20/2010 11:13:00 PM More reviews by MissChels

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

This product has done wonders for my skin. I have always have a mix of oily-normal skin and have always had discoloration. I was always getting spots on my face and it just looked ridiculous without a heavy cover of foundation.
I received a sample of this from a lovely MUAer and tried it out. After almost 2 weeks I started seeing an improvement. And by a month of use I saw a pretty amazing improvement! I had to buy the full size.
It cost $35 for 0.25 oz of product. This might not seem like a lot of product but it lasts a LONG time. I have had mine for at least 4 months and I have used it every morning and I still have 3/4 of my little bottle left.
I use LUSH Vanishing Cream and add just a little bit of powder to it and apply it all over my face. There have been times when the powder had a little hard chunk in it but it has only happened a couple of times and I just had to crush it with my fingers so it wouldn't irritate my skin.
Since starting this as a regular product the spots on my skin have vanished and have not come back. My skin tone has evened out so much and my skin looks and feels very healthy. I believe it is because of all the products I have been using on my face but I definitely think the Turbo Booster C powder is what fixed my spots and discoloration.
Though it has a decently high price tag I certainly think it is worth it to have such wonderful results as I have had.
I don't really like the bottle much. It is cute but I wish the opening was a little larger. It can be hard to get the powder out. I have a small plastic flip top container from Sephora (the little things they put samples in) and I pour the powder in there weekly and it makes it much easier to spoon the product out without making a mess.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/22/2010 5:59:00 AM More reviews by Jinhee

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Other, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Vitamin c is staple for starting out my day. I have several in my rotation and this powder is affordable and I love it's versatility. And my little jar has lasted for almost two years. I control how and how much to use and I just love that. I usually add some to whichever sunscreen I'm applying that morning and I feel fully protected. I never credit one product because any positive results are achieved from years of quality and quantity of things tried and used consistently. But I do attribute my overall brightness and clarity to booster c. I find this works better for me in summer and I use vitamin c with vitamin e in cooler weather.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/23/2010 7:22:00 PM More reviews by makeitadouble

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I mix this powder with WHINE serum in the palm of my hand and apply in the morning 2-3x per week and it has really faded the sun damage on my face. It also helps brighten my overall complexion. When I stop using and start again, I notice the positive results almost immediately. I don't always use a full scoop, and that helps to make it last longer. One of the few facial products I purchase again and again.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/7/2010 11:51:00 AM More reviews by Morganna777

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Other

This is the best C product available, its stable and because you control it's strength it works well. I guess some prefer not to have to mix it but this is the best way for your skin to get Vitamin C, also taking it orally is important or even more so !

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/25/2010 12:06:00 AM More reviews by cosec00

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I decided to try this after reading reviews for the philosophy serum and saw again and again that many people were getting great results if they combined it with the powder.

Philosophy purity and serum have done wonders from my skins texture and general appearance. But when I added this product to my regime, I noticed even more improvement in my skin tone.

There is a slight tingle when you apply it--but no bad reaction. And I have VERY sensitive skin. Yellowish/brownish discoloration on my cheeks (looked like a leftover faded tan) disappeared within several weeks of using this product. The firmness of my skin has also improve--fine lines around my eyes have softened. Great product--worth the extra step and effort.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/6/2010 7:31:00 PM More reviews by CarolinaMidwife

I liked the idea of this product more than I think I liked the actual product. It is kind of a pain to use (comes it a little bottle with a wee little spoon you have to use to scoop the powder) and I didn't see a huge difference. It didn't break me out or cause any irritation and I marked that I would try it again because I had initially used it in my early 30s and my skin has changed since passing 35.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No