August 29, 2014 | 1901 users online

Treatments (Face) - Philosophy - Turbo Booster C Powder

rated 4 of 5 on 11/20/2010 11:13:00 PM More reviews by MissChels

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

This product has done wonders for my skin. I have always have a mix of oily-normal skin and have always had discoloration. I was always getting spots on my face and it just looked ridiculous without a heavy cover of foundation.
I received a sample of this from a lovely MUAer and tried it out. After almost 2 weeks I started seeing an improvement. And by a month of use I saw a pretty amazing improvement! I had to buy the full size.
It cost $35 for 0.25 oz of product. This might not seem like a lot of product but it lasts a LONG time. I have had mine for at least 4 months and I have used it every morning and I still have 3/4 of my little bottle left.
I use LUSH Vanishing Cream and add just a little bit of powder to it and apply it all over my face. There have been times when the powder had a little hard chunk in it but it has only happened a couple of times and I just had to crush it with my fingers so it wouldn't irritate my skin.
Since starting this as a regular product the spots on my skin have vanished and have not come back. My skin tone has evened out so much and my skin looks and feels very healthy. I believe it is because of all the products I have been using on my face but I definitely think the Turbo Booster C powder is what fixed my spots and discoloration.
Though it has a decently high price tag I certainly think it is worth it to have such wonderful results as I have had.
I don't really like the bottle much. It is cute but I wish the opening was a little larger. It can be hard to get the powder out. I have a small plastic flip top container from Sephora (the little things they put samples in) and I pour the powder in there weekly and it makes it much easier to spoon the product out without making a mess.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/22/2010 5:59:00 AM More reviews by Jinhee

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Other, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Vitamin c is staple for starting out my day. I have several in my rotation and this powder is affordable and I love it's versatility. And my little jar has lasted for almost two years. I control how and how much to use and I just love that. I usually add some to whichever sunscreen I'm applying that morning and I feel fully protected. I never credit one product because any positive results are achieved from years of quality and quantity of things tried and used consistently. But I do attribute my overall brightness and clarity to booster c. I find this works better for me in summer and I use vitamin c with vitamin e in cooler weather.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/23/2010 7:22:00 PM More reviews by makeitadouble

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I mix this powder with WHINE serum in the palm of my hand and apply in the morning 2-3x per week and it has really faded the sun damage on my face. It also helps brighten my overall complexion. When I stop using and start again, I notice the positive results almost immediately. I don't always use a full scoop, and that helps to make it last longer. One of the few facial products I purchase again and again.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/7/2010 11:51:00 AM More reviews by Morganna777

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Other

This is the best C product available, its stable and because you control it's strength it works well. I guess some prefer not to have to mix it but this is the best way for your skin to get Vitamin C, also taking it orally is important or even more so !

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/25/2010 12:06:00 AM More reviews by cosec00

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I decided to try this after reading reviews for the philosophy serum and saw again and again that many people were getting great results if they combined it with the powder.

Philosophy purity and serum have done wonders from my skins texture and general appearance. But when I added this product to my regime, I noticed even more improvement in my skin tone.

There is a slight tingle when you apply it--but no bad reaction. And I have VERY sensitive skin. Yellowish/brownish discoloration on my cheeks (looked like a leftover faded tan) disappeared within several weeks of using this product. The firmness of my skin has also improve--fine lines around my eyes have softened. Great product--worth the extra step and effort.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/6/2010 7:31:00 PM More reviews by CarolinaMidwife

I liked the idea of this product more than I think I liked the actual product. It is kind of a pain to use (comes it a little bottle with a wee little spoon you have to use to scoop the powder) and I didn't see a huge difference. It didn't break me out or cause any irritation and I marked that I would try it again because I had initially used it in my early 30s and my skin has changed since passing 35.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/31/2010 2:12:00 PM More reviews by coriforia

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

This product is overall a good vitamin C product - unfortunately it comes down to the fact that its just a pain to use! I'm all for putting vitamin C on my face but I realize now I want it to be a serum or lotion, I don't want to have to mix it myself every morning.

The powder is a white powder in a dark opaque bottle. It comes with a little scoop. The directions say to use one scoop daily but I will say that is way too strong for me! I do have very sensitive skin though. I use 1/2 scoop a few times a week and do ok, but any more than that and I start to get irritation. You may want to start with a lower amount and work your way up to see how you do.

Now what has it done for my skin? Well, its hard to say. Oddly when I put it on I feel like my skin looks immediately brighter, but then the brightness fades throughout the day. I also know that vitamin C helps with skin damage from the sun, so even if I don't directly see a difference, I'm ok because I know its helping anyway!

Overall, I will use it because I know its helping my skin and as long as I don't use a full scoop every day my skin is fine. But, its really a pain to use and so when its empty I will look for a serum instead.

Ingredients: ascorbic acid, panthenol, zinc pca, copper pca, camellia oleifera leaf juice, dipotassium glycyrrhizate, arginine, cysteine, aloe barbadensis leaf juice.

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/26/2010 1:33:00 PM More reviews by composure

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Other, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I'm a bit surprised by this product. I've been using it consistently for about 2 months. I have quite a bit of acne scarring all over my face. At first I wasn't sure it was working at all. The change is so subtle, but over a greater period of time, you see a definite change. I just woke up one day thinking, "Is that my skin or what??" lol. I love how versatile the formula is. You can add a pinch of it to any moisturizer. I currently add it to The Body Shop Tea Tree mattifying lotion. Seeing that whitening products costs double the price of this, I may choose to stick with it. It did not irritate or break me out.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/24/2010 9:24:00 PM More reviews by GeeJocUrGOLD

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I think this is a wonderful idea, but this broke me out. Am I the only person this happened to? My skin looked bad with continued use and I have just about the clearest skin that always gets comments. Took a little while for it to recover. Might work well for someone else, vitamin c is great for the skin and enhances sun screen. Potency is also an issue with vitamin c products, seems like it's just something to put on the label to draw people in and this IS actually potent stuff while the majority are not. This just didn't work for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/21/2010 12:39:00 AM More reviews by snickersaw943

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

AMAZING! After using for 3 weeks my skin is so much more clear! I had servere acne scars that have been on my face for seriously months, and they are almost gone! My skin was so blotchy, red spots, dark spots, and now I can honestly say that my skin is 75% more clear than it was 3 weeks ago. For the price it is incredible, miracle worker. Nothing else has worked for my scars before until now :) Only down fall is that it does sting a little when you put it on, just wait 3 or 4 mins and it will go away. Also, DO NOT put this near your eye or it will become irritated and very sore. Overall, this product is amazing and I think I am dedicated for life!!