September 16, 2014 | 1926 users online

Brows - Anastasia Of Beverly Hills - Tinted Brow Gel

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 4/7/2012 3:58:00 AM More reviews by threejane

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Got a sample of this in a (now-discontinued) Birchbox.

Awww, kyoooot packaging. Metallic, adorable little short wand, bristles look kinda familiar...as in like mascara....

Oh, wait, it's for your eyeBROWS?

(insert conflustered face here. Step over to mirror to examine my dinky, weak, patchy, overplucked-a-long-time-ago pathetic sauce above my eyes.)

THIS is what yer gonna fix? Mmmhmmmm.

I brushed it on in the general direction I wanted it to stay and then promptly forgot about it. That is, until the pulling started. Like mite-sized hooligans were giving the base of my brow hairs not-so-friendly tweaks when I moved my face. *ping* "Ah!" *poink* "Aye!"...and so on.

Slowly things were tightening up in that region, for good or for ill, I could not say. It certainly wasn't enjoyable, feeling the individual hairs of your eyebrows creep and stiffen.

Return to mirror, inspect miraculous changes. ...erm... Inspect changes? ...errrmmmm... Inspect no evidence of change at all? ...well... Ok, so I just inspected. I had brushed on an essentially clear mascara that purports to thicken and groom your brows. Survey says?

Thicken? Nup. Same wimpies as ever. Groom? Nup. Not when you only have maybe twenty of 'em to "groom" in the first place. They did look kinda shiny, in a slicked-on Vaseline way, and felt kinda stiff in a too-much-mousse wY

So, tactility is...greasy yet crunchy at the same time! I have...A MCDONALD'S FRENCH FRY ON MY EYEBROW HAIR. Euew. No.

Hopefully will work for those who sport wild, untamed, monkey curls of exuberant eyebrow bush. For me, alas, a fun exercise in remembering to take all cosmetic tall tales with a grain of salt and a margarita, receipt handy.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/6/2012 3:51:00 PM More reviews by hippodeem

it works good, nothing special. the fact that it contains 4 types of parabens, i would not re purchase. you dont need much of this product, use it sparingly.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/31/2012 2:04:00 AM More reviews by Mascarra

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Pricey, yes. Worth it? Definitely. I have fairly thick brows, which makes them easy to shape when needed, but keeping them in place was always hard for me. I heard about this gel from a friend and finally decided to purchase it, I was really hesitant at first cause it was a tad expensive, but once I tried it, I was really glad I bought it. I absolutely love this gel. It took me a while to get the hang of using it, since everyone's brows are different, but once I got used to it, I found myself using it every time I put on make up. It keeps your brows in place, dries up fast after you use it and doesn't flake. I totally got what I payed for.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/2/2012 10:42:00 PM More reviews by thejillian

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

Absolutely love this stuff, totally works. Holds the brows in place very very well. Does not wipe off brow pencil and no flaking. I also use the sephora brand brow gel and it does not even compare. The 21 dollar price is pretty crazy for a brow gel though. High quality products are not always the most expensive, but in this case it really is.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/19/2012 2:38:00 AM More reviews by glowing500

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I love this brow gel but hate the price. I was making do with clear mascara when I saw Pixiwoo recommend this. She said it was the best so the next time I was in Sephora I bought it. This product is expensive but worth the extra cost IMHO.

I usually use a Revlon or a Maybelline brow pencil, and then set it with clear mascara. I noticed that the clear mascara I used tended to pull the brow pencil color right off my brows. Also, but the end of the day I noticed that my brow pencil used to wear off. Not so when I set my brows with the Anastasia product. My bows look as good at the end of the day as they do right after I do my makeup when I use the Anastasia brow gel.

I been wearing makeup since I was a teen and I have discovered that high price or low price is not always an indication of quality in makeup. I have used many, many inexpensive products that really deliver. On the other hand, I have wasted tons of money on expensive products that perform no better than drugstore products that can be purchase for a fraction of the price.

I love this product and even though I flinched when I had to shell out over twenty dollars for a brow gel, this product performs, does what it is supposed to do and I have not found a drugstore substitute that works as well. Those factors alone make this product worth its high price.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/2/2012 12:17:00 AM More reviews by pmonga

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I happily used up a tube of this and then decided to replace it with a cheapie drugstore clear mascara because this stuff is expensive. Does not compare at all. I learned my lesson and am repurchasing Anastasia! Doesn't flake, holds the brow shape in place ALLL day. I have have thick and full brows and a drugstore clear mascara does nothing for me hold-wise after a couple of hours. When I had my 1st tube, this was something I put on every single day, even though I don't wear makeup every day, because of the definition it would give my combed brows. I love it so much!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/22/2012 1:10:00 AM More reviews by Bellona

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I've been using this for over a year. It came in the brow kit I bought from sephora. It works great, a little touch goes a long way as the final step in my brow makeup routine. It keeps my brows in place all day, never flakes, and holds the shape I combed them into etc. No complaints except for the price. I chose "no" to re-purchase, as I feel that the $1-5 clear mascara products from the drug store work just as well. So I can't justify spending the price for this product. But overall, it works great.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/16/2012 12:32:00 AM More reviews by BrendaLM

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Bought a mini size dirt cheap on TJ Maxx. Tried it out and didn't love it at first, but continued to use it up. The more I used it I fell in love with it! A little goes along way. If you use too much it will flake. I did contemplate on purchasing a full size only because of the price. Finally splurged and bought it, only after I used up all other brow products and noticed nothing worked better than this product.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/11/2012 11:54:00 AM More reviews by Hammermkl

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I bought the Clear Brow Gel as a mini 2-pack from sephora.com that came with the Lash Lifting mascara. The Brow Gel flakes after it dries and makes my brows look like they have dandruff.

I won't buy these or any products from Anastasia of Beverly Hills again.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/12/2011 2:03:00 PM More reviews by indygal

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Love this. Holds brows in place without being overly stiff and doesn't leave clumps. It's pricey but worth it to me since cheaper products I've tried aren't as good. This lasts forever too since you only need to use a light coat. It doesn't flake off like some others I've tried either.