August 27, 2014 | 1729 users online

Mascara - Clarins - Double Fix

rated 5 of 5 on 11/12/2009 8:46:00 PM More reviews by heejoh

This is super expensive, but it should last forever for me, and it has an extremely long shelf life (unlike regular mascara) so I won't have to rebuy for a long time. I have freakishly greasy lids so every single mascara (whether waterproof or not) smudges and gives me raccoon eyes. But not with this! I just apply a light coat of this over mascara and it is absolutely sealed! I love this!

rated 4 of 5 on 11/2/2009 12:40:00 AM More reviews by floraonly

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

It seals my lashes with smudgy mascara very well. I feel like it still smudges a little bit, but its not a bi problem. For no smudging at all you'll have to coat the top and bottom of ur lashes, which i find not a very good idea since at the end of the dy, you'll have to remove mascara that feels like you aapplied 100 coats on!
TOOOO pricey for a product like this
Would be betther with a different packaging that shows how much product u have left :)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/24/2009 5:19:00 PM More reviews by Jewelx17

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This mascara topcoat basically solved my mascara dilemma! My lashes have decent length but it's very thin so it's hard to tell if I even have that many lashes without mascara. It's hard for me to find a mascara that gives me the volume and definition I want without clumping or deflating my curl while leaving no black smudges underneath. My favorite mascara of all time is Maybelline Full N' Soft in waterproof which is ironic because I've tried all kinds of brands, from cheap to expensive and this beats all of them. It makes my lashes look full, smooth, feathery, with lash separation and held a curl extremely well. Only problem was it gave me black shadows undernearth my eye after about 2-3 hrs. No matter how good your lashes look, it's not worth it if you look like you're tired. I experimented and tried so many different mascaras and wasted a lot of money while doing it. Nothing just measured up to the Full N' Soft. If I found any that didn't leave smudges, it usually made my lashes either rock hard or just didn't look good. This Double Fix is my solution. I applied this Fix mascara after my Fn' S, letting it dry for about 30 sec. I applied it at 5am this morning and still no smudges! Without the double fix, I would've looked like a racoon by now! A great thing is it doesnt alter the way the mascara looks on it's own, still keeps the curl and it's not crunchy. It actually holds the curl extremely well. Even after I wipe my eyes w/makeup remover, the mascara will be gone but not the curl. Weird I know but it's awesome. I think for those of you that have had your mascara still smudge, it's most likely because some of you are using this as a primer. It's not suppose to be used before your mascara, but after. I suggest waiting for your mascara to dry, then apply this clear topcoat. Will definitely repurchase! PS. I have oily skin and almost every mascara I've tried smudges on me, except for maybe 2 but those didn't make my lashes look good. Also, I tried this on my brows and I don't like it. I don't have this problem with my lashes but it makes my brows look flaky and some parts stick together.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/18/2009 5:32:00 PM More reviews by yiqi8910

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

it is an amazing mascara coat! my mascara often smudges, i always look like a panda in the end of the day. after i applied this, my mascara didn't smudge at all! i even had a little bit trouble removing it! it is very waterproof!

rated 2 of 5 on 12/14/2008 8:26:00 AM More reviews by filippa89

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

When I first bought this product it worked very well. Then I couldn't find it in my drawer for a while until yesterday. I put it on first before mascara, which had a lengthening effect; then I applied a couple of coats after mascara. Several hours later I realised it was smudging like whoa! Thought I'd try again and reapplied; the smudging didn't stop at all. I did put on some eye cream underneath my eyes and I have makeup eating skin around eye area, still, it's supposed to be waterproof! Could it hold a curl? Yes. But I bought it for the anti-smudging function, which it failed to deliver.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/5/2008 1:12:00 PM More reviews by qdenise

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

After reading the reviews here(Clarins Mascara Fix) and considering what I have already in my vanity bag, I finally decided to give it a try. I got it 10% off in Debenhams. They didn't have an eyelash curler so I couldn't see how good it is to hold the curl. It does leave a whitish cast ONLY IF you wear too many coats--that's what I found out when I was trying the sample.
I'm a fan of those 90 degree lashes, but my Clinique High Impact Mascara is terrible at holding my poker straight asian eyelash, it also smudges. But since I bought this mascara fix, I wonder how it's really gonna "fix" it. This morning, I used a curler to make my lashes all nice and 90 degree curly, put on the new Double Fix...it holds the curl !!! I was really pleased, cos usually (except my HG mascara HR Lash Queen) mascara makes them straight as if I haven't used the curler. Then I applied High Impact, several coats, applied Double Fix again, a couple of coats....you can't tell I've used it really, it stopt the High Impact smudge but left my lashes with this waterproof coat. It's late evening now but it hasn't smudged, my lashes still have the curl just slightly not as much as this morning.

After all, it's a great product if you just want to hold the curl, prevent smudge and the embarrassment after being too emotional. I will keep using it as long as I haven't finished Clinique High Impact.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/18/2008 3:30:00 AM More reviews by Diva007

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This wonderful stuff has rescued me from panda eyes forever! I just couldn't find a mascara that would stay on my lashes, from cheapies to really expensive stuff, but Mascara Fix holds them all in place.

Just put a single coat over the top of your normal mascara and you're good to go. I really tested it out the other day by having a really good cry and my mascara didn't move an inch (at least I can rely on the mascara fix, not sure about the man!).

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/19/2008 8:18:00 PM More reviews by Sissi

After having mixed feelings about this product for a while (it leaves a whitish cast, makes lashes look dry BUT it does seriously waterproof mascara) I decided to try a tip my Clarins salesgirl told me about:
Apply Double Fix first and while it is still fresh, apply your regular mascara over it.
It worked a lot better for me this way. Just make sure to apply the regular mascara while it is still wet.

I also like to mix this product with MAC pigments in order to make fancy mascaras for photo shoots, etc.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/12/2008 3:43:00 PM More reviews by moonlightdior

This is an awesome mascara. I curled my lashes and apply this mascara and it holds it for the whole day. I even went to shower with it and my curls are still there. This mascara is freakin' awesome

rated 5 of 5 on 9/14/2008 4:13:00 PM More reviews by oraclegirl

i'm now on my second bottle of this stuff, and i'd have to say its the best thing to happen to mascara!

I've used all kind of mascara, and they either flake, smudge, or dissapear by the end of the day, about 8 hours. Well, until i found mascara fix anyway :)

I normally use diorshow black out, comb it out with the tweezerman metal lash comb, then use the mascara fix to seal it all in. i never get the wierd grey clumps i've read about, but i usually just use one thorough coat on the lashes and i've never been disappointed.

I <3 this fix!