Nivea A Kiss of Moisture

Microcrystalline Wax, Octyldodecanol, Hydrogenated Polydecene, Cetyl Palmitate, Ricinus Communis (Castor) Seed Oil, Myristyl Myristate, VP/Hexadecene Copolymer, Polyglyceryl 3 Diisostearate, Cetearyl Alcohol, VP/Eicosene Copolymer, Coco Glycerides, Pentaerithrityl Tetraisostearate, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter), C20 40 Alkyl Stearate, Copernicia Cerifera (Camauba) Wax, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Tocopheryl Acetate, Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Seed Oil, Glycerin, Panthenol, Beeswax, Water, Fragrance

on 4/18/2012 1:08:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I've been using this for a good six months now. I go through periods of super dry lips - cracked in the morning, flaky, bleeds in the winter, etc. My fault because I'm terrible at hydrating myself, and I can be a frequent mouth-breather.

This stuff is great, and has kept my lips moisturized even when I don't have it on. I look like I have healthy lips even if they're pale! I use the Kiss of Flavor or Kiss of Strawberry when I need some color, and those are equally wonderful.

Recommended!

on 4/12/2012 2:44:00 PM

This is hands down, the BEST lip balm I have ever tried. I personally like a thicker, more conditioning balm and this is it! This balm is the "Essential" balm in the dark blue tube. I'm making the distinction from the one in the light blue tube cause the alternative is significantly worse than the Essential version. I can't seem to find this dark blue tube of wonder in store anymore, so I order in bulk online. It's a great night treatment for me, even topping my Jack Black Intense Lip Therapy. I love the texture of this balm. I can actually FEEL it on my lips, something that I truly enjoy as opposed to having more "slip" and lightweight balm. If you're looking for somthing more lightweight, buy the light blue tube. This balm doesn't have any issues with breaking me out around my lips and actually sinks into the lips, moisturizing deep within as well. 5/5, the BEST. I hope this never gets discontinued.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Cool

I love this lip balm! It's so great for chapped, dry lips. I feel that it's moisturizing, not at all greasy, and produces only a protective layer of moisture to keep your lips hydrated for longer. This is especially good in the winter time. I love the soft, wet-like texture. It's the best lip balm I've used; It made my lips perfect.

on 3/2/2012 3:22:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I use this to moisturize my lips before lipstick application. I apply when starting my makeup and wipe the excess off before putting on lipstick at the end of my makeup ritual. Has helped protect my lips from drying lipsticks.

on 2/24/2012 11:09:00 PM

Was recommended this by my twin for years and I neve believed her. This winter, my lips have become ridiculously chapped and dry, and nothing was helping. I searched this out at CVS, and I am in love! Does moisturize my lips, and it lasts for awhile. Will definitely repurchase.

on 2/21/2012 5:24:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse

I love love love this lip balm! It's the best chapstick I've ever used. I'll never trade it for another lip balm. Moisturizes, lasts all day and goes great with putting on lipstick or lip gloss. Best lip balm ever by Nivea!! :)

Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Fine

My favorite lip balm. It gives you that soothed moisturized feeling instantly. If you over-apply, it can feel greasy, but it's really more like a light waxy consistency. Probably not healing enough for chapped lips, but if you just like the feeling of a little more suppleness, it's a go-to.

on 2/2/2012 4:03:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I probably wouldn't buy this balm again due to its greasiness. This formula is more lightweight than I prefer, and its ingredient list isn't impressive. Initially I liked this balm, but that changed as time wore on. Currently I use up what I have left in tube 2 by applying before bed, though I'd doubtfully buy this product again in the future. Before this balm, I'd go with Lypsyl.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral

This lip balm is incredibly moisturizing, but Ireally didn't appreciate how greasy the consistency was. It seemed great at first but after a while it just feels like a layer of grease. Since I have oily skin, I did not like the feeling the balm gave me

on 1/22/2012 8:02:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

I'm here to review the NIVEA ESSENTIAL lip balm. I can't find it on MUA soooo I'll just write my review here.
So this balm came in a set of 2 for around $2. It has a lot of product and fragrance free. I am on my second tube and I like to use this at night.
It is a thick balm consistency that provides a shiney finish.
As far as moisturizing goes, it is not bad but not that effective. It coats my lips with a layer of balm but I don't see major improvements to help moisturize or smooth out my lips.
It is really bad as a base under lipstick. It prevents colour payoff from the lipstick so I have to swipe many many times to have them show up.
Not amazing but it's okay. I would say this is better for kids, because it is fragrance free and very basic!

Popular Lip Treatments