August 22, 2014 | 1942 users online

Lip Treatments - Nivea - A Kiss of Moisture

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/22/2012 8:02:00 PM More reviews by tubbyloves

I'm here to review the NIVEA ESSENTIAL lip balm. I can't find it on MUA soooo I'll just write my review here.
So this balm came in a set of 2 for around $2. It has a lot of product and fragrance free. I am on my second tube and I like to use this at night.
It is a thick balm consistency that provides a shiney finish.
As far as moisturizing goes, it is not bad but not that effective. It coats my lips with a layer of balm but I don't see major improvements to help moisturize or smooth out my lips.
It is really bad as a base under lipstick. It prevents colour payoff from the lipstick so I have to swipe many many times to have them show up.
Not amazing but it's okay. I would say this is better for kids, because it is fragrance free and very basic!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/22/2012 2:41:00 PM More reviews by MegE

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Nivea "A Kiss of Moisture-Essential Lip Care" (non-SPF version!) came highly recommended to me by my regular physician. She said it was one of the best mild lip balms on the market (next to plain Vaseline) and I couldn't agree more.

It's housed in a medium blue tube with a white cap. The balm is white, but glides on clear. It has a smooth and soft texture, not waxy, and has absolutely no flavor/taste. It's virtually fragrance-free -- I do discern a *very* subtle scent (Mustela-like?), but it's not enough to really notice, plus it's nice. The finish is glossy and it leaves my lips moisturized for hours. A perfect lipbalm for both day and night.

I bought it on-sale at CVS (buy one get one 50% off) and I keep one in my purse and the other on my nightstand. I won't hesitate to repurchase when I run low.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/17/2012 8:40:00 PM More reviews by CheshireCat415

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is Nivea lip balm, A Touch of Moisture. The packaging is standard, just a blue plastic tube, would be nice if it clicked close. This balm is really nice though and does its job well.It's untinted and unscented, but makes your lips look healthy and pretty. It melts into your lips and feels slightly slippery but not annoyingly so. It lasts for a good while, and has seriously protected my lips this winter. It's a little more than I would pay for a balm like this, but you get a good amount of product, and you can find coupons and sales on it. This is something to stock up on for the winter!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/8/2012 11:14:00 AM More reviews by cocofern

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

My lips have been so dry and cracked around the edges recently due to weather changes. I tried the Blistex Restore/Revive product, which was the biggest waste ever. Luckily it was less than $2 so I didn't feel too bad about wasting money on it. I typically only use lip gloss everyday, but those do not protect or treat lips in any way whatsoever. I even tried using Vaseline in hopes that it would help because I've always had good exeriences with Vaseline in the past, in this case it did not help at all.
I finally went to the store yesterday to find something else that would heal my lips. I found this product on sale for about $3 so I purchased it. I like Nivea product and this one gets relatively positive reviews so I got it. I love the packaging - it's light blue and really cute. The stick itself is solid white and applies on creamy. I noticed a difference in my lips within hours of using it. I applied it on last night and this morning my lips already look and feel so much better. This product works fast and feels so nice on my lips. I am glad I decided to try it because it works. It's saved my lips and I will continue using it. I will probably repurchase it in other colors/flavors just to try.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/7/2012 2:37:00 PM More reviews by jenanasaurusrex

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

When you first buy this and open it up, it kind of looks like the little elmers stick glues. At first, it even smelt like them too. But when i applied it, it was so smooth and creamy--I fell in love! I kind of wish they came out with one that tingled like burts bee. But other than that, these are quickly becoming my favorite lip balms! I put it on before I go to bed, and when I wake up, it's still there and my lips are smoother than ever.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/31/2011 3:14:00 AM More reviews by theonethatneverfollows

Okay so i bought this product about maybe 5 or 6 months ago. When i first saw this at Albertsons (i know, i know who buys lip balm at Albertsons? But i was in a rush and my lips were chapped) So the package seemed to be not very eye catchy as eos lip balm but it caught my eye when i read all the 'splendid' remarks on the package. So i bought it anyways. When i first wore it, it seemed more like an oily lip gloss. Initially I hated it because when i put on lip gloss my lips become bigger than they normally are, (there pretty medium sized) and this lip balm eventually drips. It seemed like oil just sitting on top of my lips on the first few months but eventually it started working like an angel(: even as i touch my lips now they are the softest theyve been for a long time! i love this product...evetually. So be patient and it'll work. Does anyone know if the have a tinted one?(;

rated 4 of 5 on 12/28/2011 9:21:00 PM More reviews by stephaniewu

This feels like butter on my lips, in a good way! I love the packaging too although it doesn't last for a very long time. Runs for around 3 bucks.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/22/2011 7:29:00 PM More reviews by dezichan

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

Worst lip product for me ever. I really liked the tube design and the texture of the product, but it made me have a VERY bad reaction. I've used this for about 3 weeks, and realized I had to keep reapplying it because it would not last long. Then my 2nd week, my lips felt sooo dry and started to burn. Now, my third week, my lips have bright, burny patches and even like tiny little bumps and my skin keep peeling! I have never had such a reaction before! I'm trying to get my poor lips to heal, and it's such a pain.

Besides the reaction, the staypower of this stuff is terrible. I thought this would be better than Chapstick, but no. A shame because I have extra tubes of this (got on sale) so might use them as stocking stuffers.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/20/2011 7:07:00 PM More reviews by missimperfections

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

So I ran out of my chap stick and I really needed a new one. I was at CVS a few days ago and they had it on sale buy one get 50% of. So i bought two. I've used Nivea's chap sticks before and i really liked them. They leave my lips feeling moisturized. I get irritated if my lips look and feel dry. But this allows my lips to look and feel their best. I really like this chap stick.
Pors:
Nice packaging
not greasy
light scent
easy application
does what it supposed to

cons:
constantly having to apply in short periods of time

rated 4 of 5 on 12/3/2011 6:19:00 PM More reviews by McSpamela

I've been wanting to get Nivea Lip Balm for quite awhile and needless to say it does not disappoint! I was originally going to get the light blue one, but the moisture aspect of the dark blue "Kiss of Moisture" appealed to me more as my lips are generally dry and peeling! I love this! The only reason I gave it 4 stars is because of the smell - don't get me wrong, it's not overwhelming or bad tasting, it just smells like baby powder/new diapers to me! It's not vulgar or gross, it just sorta smells interesting/funky to me haha! It goes on smooth and for me, the lasting power is just right. I DO NOT like to have lip balm/chapstick on my lips for too long, it makes my lips feel grubby and just weird, so if you don't like chapstick/lip balm that lasts too long or too little, this is the one for you! :)