Parlux Jessica Simpson - Fancy

on 12/29/2011 3:22:00 PM

From the first time I sniffed this in a magazine ad and had to purchase it (it was being sold at a high end department store then) to the drydown that is wafting from my shirt now, I have had a love for this perfume. Of course the novelty has worn off some, but this is the mini that I carry in my pocketbook. The notes I smell in this are faint fruity florals that agree very well with the warm vanilla, and amber on the bottom. I detect caramel, almond, and peach as they swirl but can't pick out one note from the rest at any given time. I don't have access to many niche fragrances unless I order them unsniffed or wait for generous swappers to send them (Thank you to those who have!) but this perfume will always hold a special place in my fragrance wardrobe.

on 12/28/2011 6:48:00 PM

all i smell with this is rose...which reminds me of old ladies. not good.

on 12/14/2011 11:05:00 PM

Don't tell anyone- I love this perfume!

on 12/8/2011 1:40:00 PM

Omgosh I thought since this perfume had such good reviews everywhere it would of smelt great or at least ok..omgosh it doesn't even smell sweet to me it smells like flowers to me and those old perfume at your local walmart!!So upset how can anyone say this smells like fantasy..no way it smells like flowers and old lady powder yuck!

Skin: Combination, Dark, Cool

I'm in love with a gourmand scent... It's true! I detest Pink Sugar(candy+dish soap), gag at Fantasy(when on me), and feel nauseous at Warm Vanilla Sugar(that's what it's called, right?). I avoided Fancy because I knew it was a gourmand. Doing stock at work, today, I came across a discounted bottle of this and decided to take a chance. I am so pleased I did. Fancy blooms into a classy, warm sweet scent. It's definitely vanilla-y, but manages to have notes of amber and florals that takes away from the whole smell-like-a-cookie effect, which I detest. I plan on buying the 1oz bottle for $20 tomorrow and wearing it all winter long. Fancy is the first fruit-free gourmand I have run into. It's sweet and warm, but doesn't remind me off a box of Maynards. Plus, I put it on 5 hours ago and it bloomed into a muskier, sweet aroma on me. Love it when drydowns keep getting better! I don't like Jessica Simpson, but I applaud her for this fragrance.

on 11/30/2011 9:13:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

This is one of my all time favourites!,there is nothing i can fault in this the fragrance itself is a beautiful mixture of vanilla,toffee and peach with the toffee being the most prominent on me,the staying power is great and the bottle is such a lovely rose gold colour and looks so feminine and girly, all the things i love in a fragrance is in this and hope it is not discontinued.

on 11/27/2011 1:14:00 AM

One of my favourite perfumes. Im not i perfume expert but i would describe it as sweet and i often get told i smell like a bakery, not sure if thats a good thing.

on 11/26/2011 11:33:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Like many of you here have mentioned, I never purchase any celebrity endorsed products, especially perfumes. But after hearing that this is a gourmand scent, and looking up the notes in this perfume, (Sparkling nectar, red berries, apricot, pear, gardenia, jasmine, toasted almonds, vanilla creme, caramel, amber crystals, and sandalwood), I knew that I had to at least try it.

Just to give a little bit of backround information, I am extremely picky when it comes to scent, I particuliarly like and prefer gourmand/sweet scents. Bakery, cupcake, sweet gourmand scents, but not really fruity/candy gourmand scents since those tend to be too, too sweet, almost like syrup.

This perfume does have fruit in it, but somehow the fruit blends in very well. On the first initial spray, you definently smell the fruit, particuliarly the apricot nectar, and especially the red berries. Not so much the pear, as in most perfumes, pear is always a subtle smell. The dry-down, as most of you share with me as well, is my favorite part. This is when the sweetness is most apparent.

When you first spray it, even though the top notes overpower the smell, (red berries, apricot nectar, pear) you can still smell the sweetness, which to me is the toasted almonds, caramel and vanilla. But for some odd reason, I dont smell the caramel at all. The dry-down, in my opinion, is mostly the vanilla, which is very strong, toasted almonds, and the amber.

The majority of the smell that I smell when I wear this is the sweetness aspect of it, which is really pleasant, without it being too syrupy sweet, but more of like a warmer sweetness.

I actually got this at a discount price of $20.00 at Marshalls, I bought two since it was really at a low price. And it is Eau De Parfum, so I am not even surprised that the lasting power is really long lasting. Even after I did the dishes, the smell was still there on my wrist. Imagine what would happen if you layered it with the body wash and then lotion.

Overall, I personally feel like this is a perfect gourmand scent, it does smell classy, since most gourmand smells are considered "young", and most gourmand smells are really simple. This one is a more complex gourmand scent.

on 10/8/2011 3:22:00 PM

I do like this fragrance but it simply doesn't last..after a minute you can't even smell it.

on 9/26/2011 12:48:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Dark, Warm

Today, I dabbed Fancy on one wrist and Fancy Love on the other. Guess which one sucks?! Maybe I got a bad sample or something, because the top notes smell like chemicals, sugar, cream soda, and mens aftershave! I don't know if the drydown will yield more favourable results- it seems unlikely. I love the bottle and was just about to buy a 100mL bottle, but got a sample just in case- I think this was a good decision. I will update in a few hours if the drydown exceeds my expectations. Meanwhile, Fancy Love on the other hand (or wrist in my case!) appears to be quite promising!

Update: It's been 2 hours and I can definitely smell vanilla, freshly baked cake, and a bit of caramel in there, but the masculine aftershave smell persists in the background. Unfortunately, the same thing applies to the Fancy Love! It may be due to a body chemistry incompatibility thing. I'm undecided on whether to buy it or not. Either way, for those who have the same problem, I think the way to go is to spray this a couple of hours before coming into contact with people.

Popular Fragrances