July 23, 2014 | 1283 users online

Nails - Konad

rated 4 of 5 on 5/9/2009 8:08:00 PM More reviews by captainlindarg

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I just bought my own little "starter" kit of this, and it's really neat! I'm not really one to pay a bunch of money to go to a salon and get my nails done, so I loved the idea of this. There are about a million patterns, and if you combine the color polishes they have with the inifnite base colors you could use out there... the possibilities are endless. What really lured me in was the cheetah/zebra print plate (I think it's m57.) I just tried it out for the first time and I LOVE it.

I took off one lippy because it can get a little pricey, buying plates and special polishes. But I would say it's worth the money -- much better than going to a salon and getting your nails done. Also, I found it to be a tad bit messy at first but you get the hang of it really quickly.

I wish they had this when I was younger. It's totally slumber party status :P

rated 4 of 5 on 5/9/2009 6:41:00 PM More reviews by Peridot

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I got mine a few weeks ago. I have to say that I really like this product. I got the French manicure set as well as a few individual plates. I personally love that classic chic look of French manis. I've had many compliments. People are always asking me where I have my nails done and I told them that I "did" them myself with of course help from Konad. The individual plates are about $6 each so the costs goes up quite quickly if you purchase multiple of them. But overall it does saves you money doing it yourself than going to a nail salon each time. I did need practice on it to get the perfect look but it wasn't too bad. I highly recommend this to those who don't like to go to the nail salon or those who likes to do their own nails rather than getting the acrylics.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/5/2009 1:03:00 AM More reviews by clamster

Super easy, works great, lasts, good quality. All my friends I have let borrow this love it! Definately recommend and it's truly very easy to use.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/11/2009 5:56:00 PM More reviews by tsth

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Black

My dd purchased these to try on her nails. They really are easy for her to use and really fun to see. I think she tries a different pattern every day, and she gets comments on them from work each time she does a new one. For the price of the plates, around $6-7 for the pattern plates, it's not bad considering she could be going to get her nails done for 3 times that amount. Very pleased with the product.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/11/2009 5:43:00 PM More reviews by nightvamp

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is a easy way to let your nails look fabulous! It's very easy to use and the result is just great! I think it's pretty expensive that's why i give a 4star rating instead of 5

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/26/2009 11:16:00 AM More reviews by firework_girl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I've only just got mine but I'm already impressed. Instead of buying a pre-made kit, I just ordered bits so I got the stamp, scraper, 2 special polishes, plate holder (not a necessity but I'm a tad on the clumsy side) and 6 plates.
My first attempt was somewhat of a failure. I took too long & the polish dried. My second resulted in the pattern being too low on my nail. Perseverance is definitely the key word with this.
I ended up changing my nails twice in one day just so I could play. It definitely gets easier to use as you go along.
My only complaints would be that cleaning everything can be a somewhat messy process. I had black smudges all over my hands by the time I was done. It's also easy to smudge the patterns when applying your top coat if you aren't careful. Leaving it for five minutes before applying does seem to help.
All in all though, I'm pleased with this. With more practice, it'll be a quicker process & I'm sure to get better results. I will probably end up buying more plates & polishes at some point soon.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/25/2009 6:55:00 PM More reviews by Mojie

I very rarely paint my fingernails because I'm lazy and clumsy and can't do it without getting the polish everywhere but on my nails. But I do paint my toenails pretty regularly during the summer and after seeing the Konad talked about all over the net for quite a while, I decided to give it a shot.

I got the most bare bones setup that I could. I bought a stamper (double-sided)/scraper set, one image plate (so that if I hated it I woudln't be out much) with some full-nail designs (zebra stripe, fishnet, leopard print), two tip designs and one small flower design and a bottle of black special polish, figuring that it would look good with red (which is my current color of choice for my toes).

Using the Konad couldn't be much easier. Just spread your polish of choice (I haven't tried non-Konad polishes yet) on the plate, scrape off the excess, press the stamper over the design and then stamp it onto your nail, using a pressing/rolling motion. The design transfers beautifully without smearing and it's super simple to clean off the plate and stamper with a little nail polish remover.

My only problem was that the full nail design wasn't quite big enough even for my thumbnail let alone my big toe. Theoretically, you could stamp again and line up the edges, but since you can't see the bottom of the stamper when you're using it or how the design is lining up on the nail, it's incredibly difficult, if not impossible. I don't think I have particularly big thumbnails, either. For the leopard print, I can work around it on my toes by only stamping a few of the spots onto my big toes to make them blend in with the rest of my toes, but the fishnet/zebra print designs are essentially impossible to use on my toenails and thumb nails unless I don't mind the design not making it to the edges of my nails.

In spite of that issue (which only applies to the full nail designs), I still really like my little cobbled together system. I just ordered another plate (with some cute little animal designs and no full nail designs) and another bottle of polish (white this time). I do find that there's more waste than I'd like with the special polishes (you end up scraping off a good amount of polish and leaving more behind in the plate), but it doesn't take much and my bottles should last me quite a while even factoring that in.

PROS: (1) easy to use; (2) lots of design plates available (although most don't appeal to me since I don't care for flowers or other girly-girl designs); (3) can mix and match pieces to suit your needs--no need to buy a big set of items.

CONS: (1) full nail plates are too small for my thumbnails (which I wouldn't have expected) and big toes (which I fully expected) and are very, very difficult to line up on a second/third stamp; (2) waste of stamping colors due to the scraping process; (3) virtually all of the design plates are very feminine (which doesn't appeal to me).

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/18/2009 9:00:00 AM More reviews by Yushimi

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

KONAD! Lolz my HG of nail designing :)

This made my life 10 times simplier without using the art brushes and all. This is for quick and easy on-the-go application.

Practise makes perfect so it might take everyone a bit of time getting used to the stamp :)

Recommened to a lot of my friends already.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/18/2009 8:27:00 AM More reviews by margyface

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Brown

CLICK CONTINUE

HG!!
I change my nails once a week

I just go shopping and quite often, cashiers would compliment me on my nails.
A Mac saleperson asked for the product name. I warned her it was on the expensive side, but she says getting professionally done nails is expensive as well so...meh XP

Anyway, be careful of the Konad sales people because some of the stuff they try to sell you is NEEDLESS.

All you need are: design plate(s), SPECIAL polish, the scraper, and the stamper.

You can get other stuff much cheaper at the drug store:
nailpolish remover, top coat polish, base coat polish, anything with sparkles, nail clippers, cuticle oil, french tip correcter pen thing, etc etc etc.

You can easily get a starter kid that includes 2 plates (m2 and m3 I believe) with 3 mini special polishes (red, blue and white), scraper, and stamper.

NO NEED FOR THE DOUBLE SIDED STAMPER....at least I find it's just a waste of money.

Here's what I did with the starter kit:

Notice how there's light pink there too....WARNING: some of their special polishes aren't that great. To me, black and white are a must and they show up VERY clearly.
I also got a light pink and blue (not the lightest, but still light), but they don't show up as boldly as plain red, plain blue, black, and white.
Green has pretty good colour payoff too.

If you're able to get to a Konad-selling store, act like you don't know anything about it and they'll do a demonstration for you. Try to get them to use the blah colours that I just mentioned
(other blah colours off the top of my head:light blue, light pink, gold, silver, purple, brown, yellow, anyANYTHING WITH THE SLIGHTEST BIT OF SHIMMER)

Some colours show up better with a certain base colour.
E.g. a darkish purple I got looked purple on white polish, but brown on skin/beige polish

There's a CHEAPER VERSION of Konad in China (I think). I heard it works just as well. I personally don't get it because there's a store 30 minutes from my home that sells Konad and I order online as little as possible (paranoid parents about scams=paranoid kid, aka me)

YES you CAN use NORMAL POLISHES, but you have to work quick. Fast drying regular polishes MIGHT NOT work too well (you'd have to work even quicker before the polish dries on the design plate). Sheer polishes won't work (They won't show up on nail).

Regular polishes are PERFECT for base coats.

Here's what I did for this week (and quite often):

base=beige/skin tone colour
Tips=pale sparkly blue polish
stamp=don't remember the plate number, but there were two kinds of snowflakes.
Special polish=white
Top coat=regular clear polish with miniscule sparkles (the kind that I've seen only in Japan..where the sparkles are at the bottom of the bottle and you have to shake it. The clear polish has a watery consistency) continued >>

15 out of 15 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 1/26/2009 3:55:00 PM More reviews by crystal9

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I absolutely love these. I have 7 plates, 4 special polishes, the rubber stamp and the scraper. I get loads of compliments on my nails when I use this product. Everyone thinks I got them done at a nail salon. This product gives me a chance to be creative while saving me money. It can seem expensive when getting the tools at first, but it's seriously worth every penny. The special polishes last a pretty long time (i've been using them for half a year, changed my nails every week but i can barely notice any usage.) If you're having trouble with them, it's probably because you're not doing the whole process fast enough... From the time you put the polish on the plate to the time the design gets on your nails should be no more than, I would say, 5-10 seconds. It's really not as hard as it seems though. Practice makes perfect!!