October 30, 2014 | 1341 users online

Mascara - Estee Lauder - TURBOLASH-All Effects Motion Mascara

rated 5 of 5 on 1/8/2009 6:58:00 AM More reviews by tortoiseshellcat

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I am very pleased with the results of this mascara though I don't know if the vibrating wand actually works or is just a gimmick! It does define my lashes very well, separating and lengthening and gives some volume. My only complaint (and why I haven't awarded a 5) is that it isn't great at holding a curl upon simply curling lashes and then applying the mascara. To get this effect from it I have to curl my (dead straight and fine) lashes, apply the mascara, allow to dry and then (naughty, I know!) re-curl. Then it DOES hold the curl and I get wow-factor lashes. With most other mascaras when I have tried this my lashes stick together but for some reason I can do this with Turbolash and it just works! Also it is great if you want to apply a bit more mascara later in the day-again when I have tried this with other mascaras it has clumped my lashes together and made them go dry, heavy and clumpy-this mascara though is very buildable. It doesn't clump and the result is natural-feeling lashes that don't look spidery or clumpy. Usually I find the only mascaras that give me long and thick enough lashes that stay curled don't look very natural and tend to feel stiff and crunchy or else look a bit spidery. With Turbolash I get the benefit of soft-feeling, natural looking lashes but with the "oomph!" I'm looking for!
One lippie removed due to having to curl lashes after mascara application as well as before and also the hefty price-tag; I like the vibrating brush but I have a feeling the application may be more down to the formula-guess I'll find out when the battery runs out!
EDIT: After using a few more times I've upped my rating from a 4 to a 5-if I use my heated lash curler first my lashes don't wilt so much and I've come to the conclusion that I'm getting the best results from this I've ever had from any mascara!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/4/2009 4:32:00 PM More reviews by Figure88

I received this as a surprise xmas gift from a family friend. After spending 3 years searching for the best mascara I could find (many of my experiences are documented on MUA) I was content with Diorshow. I even turned my MIL, BF, and Aunt onto it...we were all hooked. I had heard the buzz (pun intended) over vibrating mascaras, but I just wasn't interested...they seemed gimmicky and why would I waste my time on them when I had my lovely, reliable, Diorshow. I didn't know the mascara was vibrating when I opened the package, I turned the top and was surprised when it started vibrating, it was a good laugh when I tossed it up in the air in shock. After a few minutes of play, I applied the mascara just as I normally did, zig zagging from the base of my lashes up. I was absolutely stunned with the results this product produced. My lashes were long, dark, full and totally out of this world...never in my life had they looked so amazing. It applies smooth with no clumping. I was certain it would fade, flake, streak, etc. but it endured all of xmas eve...even after I broke into tears after my hubby gave me a diamond ring. When I look at photos of myself at xmas I am blown away by how awesome my eye make up was thanks to this. My DH went on and on about how cool the mascara is, how wonderful it looked, etc. - this coming from a guy who never ever wants me to wear a stitch of make up.

Don't let EL's some times fuddy duddy products fool you, this product produces miracle results. Diorshow, who?

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/15/2008 3:50:00 PM More reviews by BeagleLab

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

My sister turned me on to this stuff over the weekend when I was visiting in Colorado. I immediately ran to the Nordstrom in Denver to purchase and was not disappointed. This is the first mascara that makes me want to actually wear mascara. I love it and will buy again. The Lancome stuff was awful, but this stuff really works.
UPDATE: I took this back, something that vibrates near the eye was just too frightening. Back to Dior Show, when I do wear mascara.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/15/2008 3:40:00 PM More reviews by mrvtime

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Still in search of the perfect mascara since the demise of my Maybelline Lash Expansion, I took a chance on this ridiculously priced mascara. I've been a fan of Estee Lauder for years, but this mascara is, at most, intriquing. I still can't figure out WHY we need a battery operated brush? I have thin, straight lashes that I HAVE to curl. This stuff does not thicken, within two hours it is flaking and my lashes are straight and clumped. I keep thinking this stuff reminds me of something they'd sell on an tv with the special price of "$19.99 but if you order today, you get three for the price of one". I will continue using this because I can't throw away something that cost so much.. I've worn it five times now and if my opinion changes, I'll update my review.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/14/2008 5:04:00 PM More reviews by JLasher

Wow is all I can say. I bought this after purchasing the Lancome Oscillating mascara. I got good results with it but the brush isn't to my liking. I ended up with spider lashes almost. I pretty much always have to have a teddy bear type brush for my mascara.

However, this stuff is AMAZING. I don't curl my lashes beforehand. I just use the Estee Lauder primer and then apply a couple of coats. Once it dries, I curl the lashes and put anoth coat on. It definitely looks like I've got gorgeous eyelashes. In reality, mine are almost non-existant.

Do yourself a favor - at least try this mascara. It's now my HG.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/4/2008 10:29:00 PM More reviews by gagirl08

I really like this mascara. I am always on the hunt for the perfect mascara that separates, curls, volumizes, and darkens my lashes. The only one that has been close enough to my ideal has been Diorshow black out, but it smudges. This turbolash really does volumize, lengthen, and separate and leaves me looking almost false. I don't know if the vibrations really help, but mentally I think they are working and the formula is awesome. Almost gel-like, it doesn't clump or flake. If you want something a little bit cheaper, the Sumptuous by Estee lauder does about the same thing at a cheaper price, but with a little more clumping.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/19/2008 6:02:00 PM More reviews by audmac

I wanted to try one of the new Estee Lauder or Lancome vibrating mascaras but missed out on them the first time they came out earlier this summer. When EL emailed me that this was back in stock recently I ordered it on the spot. When it arrived I tossed the box and papers in it, thinking who needs instructions for a mascara? I put the battery in and then wondered how the heck do i turn this off? I had to dig out the instructions while holding on to a vibrating mascara that wouldnt shut off. Never thought Id be stumped by a mascara-lol. Anyways now that Ive used it a few times I am really liking it. Its easy to use and seperates lashes well, makes them longer and a really nice slick black color. I use my shu curler first and this seems to hold a curl well. No clumping or smudging. I will probably buy this again since I am sucker for gimmicky stuff that actually works.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/14/2008 2:29:00 PM More reviews by RavenBeauty

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Lashes you have met your match! Meet the mother of all mascara's! I bought this because I saw an infomercial late at night on something called Spinlash that had incredibly tacky packaging (looked more like a garden tool then a cosmetic). I thought the concept was brilliant (a mascara that oscillates to catch every lash at a fast speed while you stroke and apply as you normally would). I remembered that Lauder had just put out something similar and ran over here to have a look at the reviews. I was concerned with the gimmicky aspect of this product, but the reviews were excellent and the concept rather interesting, so I ordered one and received it today.

The first thing I noted is that this is a VERY chic looking mascara (gorgeous midnight blue tubing with bright rims of gold circling from top to bottom making it look very chic and very innovative). The second thing I noted is that Lauder could have done better with their directions on how to assemble this (it does require some quick assembly). When I looked at the directions, I understood how to insert the battery pack no problem, however the battery pack comes encased in very industrial looking cardboard that looks as if it's part of the contraption itself. (It does not come out easily making you fear that you might screw up the battery pack if you pull too hard which is why I began to think it might be part of the pack itself causing some confusion). Something should have been noted in the directions about this. When you get the battery pack, take a pair of tweezers and grip the cardboard firmly and it will pull out (be careful not to pull on the tab). Then insert the battery pack into the tip of the mascara and pull the tab as shown and you are ready to go.

I have to tell you that I was not prepared for what happened when I applied this product (in fact I thought it was going to be all gimmick and no delivery). I have tried so many mascara's that there are very few that I haven't tried or swapped for. I always go back to Yves Saint Laurent's Faux De Cil's because so many end up being disappointing. This will blow you out of the water! The brush is excellent and grips each lash better than any I have ever tried (so many slip off your lashes without ever having any real hold, but this one grips and coats perfectly)! I was stunned at how long and full my lashes became like some magic show or something. The vibration is not intense so there is no mess or anything (nothing smears or pokes in your eye or gets all over). It grabs more lash than you could do manually and packs more punch because the vibrations cause the brush to stroke many times over while you simply apply as you normally would.

My lashes look like false eyelashes and I got this in maybe two minutes tops! They're so long that they're nearly hitting my eye brows right now and I only used two coats! I have always wanted that beautiful fanned look I've seen in commercials however I was unable to get that through any of the myriad of mascara's I've tried over the years. This gives you all that and so much more! You can build on the volume by adding another coat and carefully combing through because if you go past two coats, it can begin to get a bit clumpy which is understandable at that point. This is the most dramatic mascara I have ever tried and this coming from a girl who used to rely on Dior and YSL for notice me mascara! I didn't even use a lash primer like I usually do (I forgot to put it on first and thought shoot I screwed up and won't see it's full potential). Well if this is how it looks without using lash primer and only using two coats, I can only imagine what a primer would do! Wow!

13 out of 13 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 10/13/2008 10:20:00 PM More reviews by jackieski

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I LOVE THIS PRODUCT. MY LATE SISTER HAD LASHES THAT LOOKED FAKE, SHE WAS BEAUTIFUL. I HAVE NOW FOUND A MASCARA THAT WILL GIVE ME THOSE BEAUTIFUL LONG FULL BLACK LASHES THAT I JUST ADORED ON HER. IF SHE WAS STILL HERE SHE WOULD HAVE LOVED THIS PRODUCT. I HAVE NEVER HAD ANY PROBLEM PUTTING ON MASCARA, I JUST WOULD NOT GET THE RESULTS I DREAMED OF. NOW, WOW JUST BEAUTIFUL LASHES. THANKS EL FOR MAKING THIS PRODUCT. IT IS A LITTLE COSTLY, BUT WHEN YOU CONSIDER BUYING A NEW TUBE TO TEST OUT EVERY WEEK. IT REALLY IS NOT THAT MUCH. FINALLY, MAYBE I CAN SAVE MONEY. NOW TO FIND MY PERFECT FOUNDATION, THAT IS A WHOLE OTHER STORY. ***EDIT*** Sorry about all caps b/f. I still think this is the best on the market, I tried lancome both the original and the waterproof/resistent they did not even compare don't get me wrong I like lancome mascara but the vibrating one did'nt compare to the results I get from this one. Just for everyone to be one up. Maybelline is coming out with there version in July 09, but on May 18 if you go online to Walmart, Target, Walgreens and CVS.... you can get it earlier then the launch date. I think the price will be around 12 to 15 dollars so about 1/2 the cost of the dept store brands. Just a little FYI.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 9/28/2008 2:40:00 PM More reviews by g

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

The vibrating aspect is pretty cool and seems to catch the shortest hairs and helps to make them look fuller and slightly longer. The wand can be tricky and at times I need to put pressure on the lid to ensure that the vibrating motion feeds throught to the wand.
This is better if you want thicker lashes but for longer lashes go with the lancome vibrating mascara which has a button so you can control your vibration as it were!