September 20, 2014 | 1536 users online

Primer/ Corrector - Lancome - La Base Pro

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 7/8/2012 More reviews by audmac

Tried a sample of this and was not impressed. My makeup did not last anywhere near as long as it usually does with my regular primer- by about 3 pm I noticed my makeup had worn off in areas and my pores were visible again.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/25/2012 11:38:00 AM More reviews by Tinabear

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

It says oil-free which is good and I'm hoping it is because this felt greasy as and it didn't even act as a very good base as My make-up wore off anyway - this was way expensive and not even worth the money.
Even though it made my skin feel silky and made my make up glide on -
Will not be repurchasing.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/23/2012 7:37:00 PM More reviews by janineee

This product overall is amazing to put your make up on with as it does not clump the make up and makes the foundation application overall smooth. I do agree that it makes your make up last longer especially when you are required to go to work or party. But the only problem is, is that it is very expensive. I would repurchase due to its ability to make my make up application easier and last longer.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/19/2012 6:49:00 PM More reviews by dlora1

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Review/Comparison here

rated 4 of 5 on 6/10/2012 9:33:00 AM More reviews by Euniqued

I bought this product to use with the Teint Idole Ultra 24, and love this much more than I loved the foundation!
It gave a wonderfully airbrushed finish, my pores disappeared (albeit temporarily) and my foundation lasted a lot longer with it on.

It does have a "primer" feel to it, although I guess that's to be expected with any primer in general, and as a result I'd only use it around my nose where my pores are largest, possibly only on special occasions or when my pores look particularly big.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/3/2012 9:45:00 AM More reviews by mandeelui

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Yes it was expensive, but lasts quite a while. 1 pump of this primer is more than enough for the face. It does leave the surface of the face amazingly smooth. Short term, it's brilliant for applying and keeping the make-up on for an extended period of time; Long term, not so good for the skin as the silicone base only smooths the face by filling up uneven bits on the face, in turn slowly suffocating it.

I only ever wear full makeup when I go out or a presentation or to do, so this base works fine, but I probably wouldn't use it on a daily basis simply because of how artificial it feels, and the thought of my poor skin being suffocated every time I use this as a primer puts it off a bit.

Also, this pump applicator isn't so great either, when it runs low it pump just gives up, but I unscrewed the whole thing and scooped the rest out and there was A LOT left on the inside, it filled 1 TheBodyShop sample pot, which probably is another 15 pumps, possibly a £4 worth of product in it. For those of you who chuck the bottle in the bin when the pump stops pumping you're probably chucking away a good proportion of your money, spend 5minutes and scoop the rest into a little pot..

It is a good primer in a sense it does it job well, but am not sure if I will buy it again as it is 1) pricey and 2) personally I feel it prevents my skin from breathing each time I use it

rated 5 of 5 on 5/31/2012 12:53:00 PM More reviews by Sugarplum1951

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I used this primer for the first time today. I found all of the advertised claims to be true! My liquid foundation GLIDED on over this primer! I think I will save a lot on foundation because I think I only have to use about a third of the amount of foundation with this primer than I usually use. I used a light dusting of colorless translucent powder to set my foundation, as I always do. My face feels soft and smooth and my makeup has stayed beautifully throughout the day, but for my nose, which I touched up with a little translucent powder only once.

I am 60 years old and have sensitive combination skin.

Great product!

rated 1 of 5 on 5/21/2012 11:40:00 AM More reviews by tabbycam

Felt greasy and oily on my skin and the silicone felt heavy. I automatically knew that it wasn't good for my skin because I actually felt like my skin couldn't breathe with it on. Surprise, surprise - it broke me out, consistently, every time I used it. To top it all off, it really wasn't even that great at making my foundation last, I actually think I got oilier throughout the day with it on. All in all, a terrible product for me.

For reference: I have semi-dry combination skin with few breakouts.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/13/2012 3:35:00 AM More reviews by MaddyKate93

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

Not sure about this product..
It makes makeup go on smoothly, but feels kind of greasy and makes me look too dewy I think. I will purchase a matter foundation like double wear and try it, but with teint idole ultra 24hr, It is too dewy!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/2/2012 9:57:00 AM More reviews by kaelores

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I use this alone to soak up oil and of course before foundation and it leaves my skin very smooth and silky. The only thing is that when u get low on this product, the gel doesnt come through the pump properly. Other than that, no complaints.