October 31, 2014 | 1569 users online

Blush - NARS - Dolce Vita

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/10/2010 4:56:00 AM More reviews by luftballon

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is just too intense for my NC20 skin. I have to be extremely careful with application or I look sunburnt. It's extremely pigmented (I used a 188 dupe) but it's the hardest to blend out of all my powder blushes. The color is a lovely brick rose-y red on the skin. I like using it for a pop of color on the apples after contouring the cheeks. That's the only way it looks good on me! It gives a nice berry flush suitable for fall and winter. I doubt I'll ever use it all up because i don't use it that often. This is my first NARS blush (since Albatross is technically a highlighter). Eh I don't really get the hype with these blushes.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/26/2010 5:15:00 PM More reviews by kimf79

So far so good! I just bought this blush a few days ago and will probably need a little more use to be able to give a totally informed review. But I must say I do love the color. I was looking for a color that would pop, and not just be so subtle on me. So this seems perfect so far....

rated 5 of 5 on 10/26/2010 2:46:00 AM More reviews by luanafp

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

this is the best blush i've ever used. My sister bought it for me by mistake thinking it was a different color, when we opened the box we thought "no this is way too dark!"
but as soon as I started to apply i could not believe how pretty it looked. I can see myself wearing this blush for years and years LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!
I'd never have guessed it would look this pretty seeing it at the store

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/19/2010 7:10:00 PM More reviews by PaleIsTheNewTan

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I have to step in and say I disagree that is blush is too dark for fair skintones. I will say it's a bit too bland or brown for me in Summer (but that may be more to the matte finish than anything else), but it is most definately a staple for me in Fall & Winter; even on my NW10 skin (too pale for foundation in a lot of higher end and 95% of drugstore brands, NARS included.)

In the pan, this is a dark, brick rose pink. With a stippling brush, though, this comes out on my cheeks as a brown-berry toned blush; absolutely perfect once the cold weather rolls around. Neutral-enough that it doesn't interfere with darker or berry lipcolours, but not a 'just in from the cold' pink the way Angelika, Mata Hari or Desire can pull on my skin. This is a blush that has to be used with a light hand on PPP skin, but it is most definately workable. If you used this with a heavy hand or dense brush, then this will look like a sunburn. But with a skunk, it's beautiful for Fall and Winter. Again, it's not really a blush I reach for in the Summer or Spring, but it's certainly workable in cooler weather.

My only quibble with the blush - which is really due to my own preferences - is the fact that it is so matte and so neutral, and I feelthat can make my face look a little flat. That said, it does pair beautifully with icy-white, pearlescent or cooler toned highlighters - MAC Perfect Topping MSF for night, and NARS Copacabana Multiple for something less dramatic and glittery.

All in all, great blush and more 'universal' than Orgasm, which is just a orange, glittery mess on me. 1 star taken off for the matte finish (not my preference in blush, but an advantage for those who prefer mattes.) Said 'Yes' to rebuying, though the likelihood with the pigmentation and the light hand I have to use, I probably won't have to repurchase anytime soon.

For reference, foundation matches include BB Skin in Alabaster, BB TM in Alabaster Tint, N3 in MAC Studio Fix PPF, NW15 in Sculpt, Revlon PR 001 Ivory, though too dark in Winter. MUFEHD#110, MUFE F&B#38 all being a smidge too dark/pink. Concealer matches include MAC Sculpt NW15, Maybelline Dream Mousse Concealer 0-1 (though pulls slightly too orange), CoverFX CamouflageFX in X-Light, LM Secret Camoflauge SC-1, and YSL Touche Eclat #1 (undereyes.)

9 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 10/7/2010 5:02:00 AM More reviews by madhs

I have olive skin and NARS Dolce Vita goes on beautifully on my skin!! The best blush I have ever used and I will never use another blush again though I also love MAC Peachtwist. Similar, but Dolce Vita is so sophisticated. The application is a bit complicated and not as easy as swipe and blend. If you blend too much, you will end up looking really horrible. So the idea is to swipe, then tap it off your hand, then just pat it on. Goes on beautifully when done correctly. Will buy again, regardless of the price!!

rated 4 of 5 on 10/6/2010 10:26:00 AM More reviews by twizzyrain

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Other, Cool Hair: Brown, Curly, Other Eyes: Blue

Great product. I can understand why it's recommended for darker skin tones, but I have to say I am fair and it's very pretty on me. I've discovered the key with this one is to layer it on top of a peachy cream blush. I like the Stila convertible colors. I've been looking for a good plummy blush for a long time and this one is perfect. Over the peachy color, it becomes perfectly neutral, and it's really beautiful. The pigment is very strong, a little too strong in my opinion, at least for my fair skin. I have to rub my cheeks sometimes to make sure it's not a little streaky. I've used this on my roommate, too, and she has darker skin than me, more olive toned, and it's lovely on her, especially with a little bronzer!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/17/2010 12:56:00 PM More reviews by MIssMochaFrap

Let's just say, if it looks like it'll be too dark in the pan for you, it most likely will be. Much of the NARS blushes IMO look much better on Tan/Medium/Dark and Dolce Vita is no exception.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/22/2010 4:57:00 PM More reviews by haileybear

I'm very inconsistent with my opinion on Dolce Vita. Sometimes I love the soft berry cheeks I get with it, sometimes I think it makes me look bruised. I'm a pale Asian (NC20-25) with no special training in blush application, so Nars blushes being very pigmented is very hard for me to control. Also, Nars blushes being very long-lasting, if I make a bobo I can't just wipe it down easily.

I only ever wear this blush in the fall, because then I can get away with darker matte cheeks. My mom who's a lot darker than me wears this blush beautifully no matter the season. So I guess I'd say this blush can be an everyday color for darker complexions, and just a special event color for lighter gals.

And since I've already complained like a baby about the Nars packaging in my other reviews, let's just say I don't like it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/9/2010 9:59:00 PM More reviews by kathrynb23

Pros:
- Does not fade into a clump of glitter (Like most blush)
- Glitter subtle and does not over kill the colour
- The packaging design is compact and cute
- Last very long
- If blended properly on face, this colour is perfect shade for that tan skin or holiday skin that we get during the summer months (I know not everyone get holiday skin during summer, in that case oh well)

Cons:
- Even though packing is cute etc, hate the rubber, it means if it get dirty you can never clean it properly, and I'm soo anal about keeping my makeup clean.
- Very expensive, especially here in Australia, and it not widely availbale here in Australia.

Overall:
I always wonder what the hype is with NARS blushes, it was not till I got Dolce Vita and Organsm that I realize what I missed out. I love their blush soo much that now I'm on a roll of collecting most of the colour.
The blush is very blended, easy to use, the gliter is very subtle, colour is very pigmented dont need to use alot. The thing I love most is that, when blushes start to fade, they usually leave back a layer of glitter residue, this does not do that.
NARS is not that popular here in Australia, and that is a shame, because Australia is very behind with makeup. I only know of 2 places that sells genuine NARS product, and they are very expensive.
Would I buy it again? Absolutely.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/7/2010 10:16:00 PM More reviews by CutieAmy324

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I finally found my HG blush!!! I have 5 Nars blushes already but this one is amazing! Such a nice color, highly pigmented. I love how buildable Nars blushes are!!! I have nars blush in taos and thought that was my hg but this one definately takes the cake!!!