December 22, 2014 | 1664 users online

Lip Treatments - Nivea - A Kiss of Flavor Cherry

rated 4 of 5 on 10/10/2011 5:05:00 PM More reviews by nanshi

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

All right. I've been using this for a few days now -- and I can officially say it. I really really like this! It imparts a nice pinkish red flush to my lips that comes out looking baby-pink on my lips. Instead of just sitting on my lips like most balms do, it actually settles into the skin after a a few minutes leaving my lips feeling moisturized and healthy -- not taut or greasy or oily. I didn't realize that balms were actually supposed to sink into your lips until I started using some of the other Burt's Bees lip balms (pomegranate oil, not the original). Anyway, I can't say if this is a good dupe for those expensive lip balms, but I can say that it is very pleasant and I love using it (not that I have to very often!).

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 10/7/2011 10:03:00 AM More reviews by Hanouna

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

It's not very moisturizing, but provides sheer red tint to my lips. You can build it up to a deeper red, too. I don't like that this applies unevenly. Cherry smell is a bit strong.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/20/2011 12:27:00 PM More reviews by nnn3

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This lipbalm has nice cherry scent and moiturizes my lips very well.It also has beautiful color and convenient packaging.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/19/2011 2:26:00 AM More reviews by NCBrowneyyes

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is my FAVORITE lip balm.

The color pay off is amazing considering this isn't a gloss or a lipstick, and it's very buildable. It's not too dark ...I'm about as fair skinned as they come and the color isn't "clownish" even with a few coats. I think I was even more impressed by the fact that the tint stays on my lips for hours. Literally. Far better than any "stain" I've ever tried.

This is not an extremely moisturizing balm, unfortunately, which is why I don't give it 4 lippies... But, it gets the job done and it's not drying persay. Also, the packaging isn't stellar, but at $3, I'll get over it.

Bottom line - it's a great balm for slight moisture and a pop of color all in one. I'm a college student and it's super awesome to be able to whip this out and not worry about a mirror, know that I'm getting a little color and moisturizing my lips at the same time. For the price, you can't beat it!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/7/2011 9:46:00 PM More reviews by shanhal

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love these lip balms!! They for ure are not for very chapped bleeding lips,but if you expholiate them oftan, and use this, then they will stay nice and soft! i love the slight slight tint of red you get from useing this! and the smell is to die for! to me i get cotton candy. but my friend gets cherry.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/4/2011 8:14:00 PM More reviews by iemsally

It's really moisturizing, it smells nice, and it gives my lips a rosy tint. The color might be too much for fair-skinned people. I'm asian and this matches my skin tone pretty well.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/3/2011 1:26:00 AM More reviews by nailgrl81

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

A Kiss of Flavor is a great alternative to lipstick. It has a lovely red color that looks natural on my tan/olive skin and a delicious cherry flavor. At first, I found it a little drying, but that was because I had been using Vanilla Lip Smacker, which has a greasier consistency than this balm. It also makes your lips feel extremely smooth and kissable.
This is an amazing balm for everyday use.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/12/2011 5:44:00 AM More reviews by mabsie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

It's a decent lipbalm. Tends toward the waxier types of balm as opposed to the very "slippy" type which I generally prefer. Still, it performs decently and prevents my lips from chapping.

The color is one of the best ones out there for lipbalms. This is a nice cool cherry pink whereas most other balms out there tend towards being on the warmer spectrum. It's also got more tint to it than other balms. I like the scent (it's kind of a fake cherry smell, but I like that), and the lack of SPF is a pity but not a deal-breaker. The tube is large and there's a good amount of product for a very fair price. For all intents and purposes, I like it.

Unfortunately, I can't wear this. I'm pretty fair-skinned and my lips aren't very pigmented so most tints already come off as strong (let's put it this way, I've yet to see a tinted lip balm that doesn't leave some color on my lips. Even the ones - Burt's Bee's Pomegranate, Chapstick Cherry, etc...- most people claim to leave no color whatsoever.) The tint on this product is just too pigmented and it performs as a lipstick on me instead of a tinted balm - not what I was looking for. I can't apply it with a heavy hand or go for repeat applications which I think is the whole point of balms. It really is unfortunate because if it weren't for the overwhelming intensity, the color is one that works best on me.

All in all, it's a nice enough product, but just not for me. If they ever lightened up with the level of pigment though, I'd def. give it another shot.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/11/2011 12:32:00 PM More reviews by ikissenglish

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love this balm! I always want a simple tinted balm to give me a flush of color, and this is perfect. It glides on so smoothly and absorbs quickly. The color is beautiful. It is quite tinted, which I love. The Burt's bees tinted balm was $7 and def not as tinted or smooth as Nivea. This was $3 at Rite Aid, and I will definetly repurchase!

rated 4 of 5 on 6/29/2011 7:10:00 PM More reviews by Kirosalia

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

I saw this at the drugstore, and since I absolutely LOVED Nivea's Kiss of Honey lip balm, I really wanted to try this. So I tried it, and the first thing I noticed was that it wasn't as moisturizing as some of Nivea's other lip balms, which I suppose isn't too bad. However, if I want to use it by itself, I would have to apply quite a bit, making the color more intense than I'd like. I still really like this, but I usually just apply a little bit on my lips, then go over it with a different lip balm or gloss.