Nivea A Kiss of Flavor Cherry

3.8

Octyldodecanol, Microcrystalline Wax, Hydrogenated Polydecene, Castor Seed Oil, Cetyl Palmitate, Myristyl Myristate, Cetearyl Alcohol, Bis Diglyceryl Polyacyladipate 2, C20 40 Alkyl Stearate, Glycerin, Carnauba Wax, Tocopheryl Acetate, Jojoba Seed Oil, Sweet Almond Oil, Shea Butter, Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate, Grape Seed Oil, Beeswax, Butyl Methoxydibenzoykmethane, Water, Fragrance, Neohesperidin Dihydrochalcone, Red 7 Lake, Blue 1 (CI 42090), Red 30 Lake

on 10/17/2011 12:25:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

On my pigmented lips, even the lightest layer of Nivea Cherry has almost too strong of an impact. In terms of color payoff, this is among the best in any lipbalm I've tried, so pick this up if you're looking for a lipbalm that really is tinted. It is too blueish-red, however, and just looks unnatural on me. The moisturizing abilities are where this really misses for me, it seems to have none whatsoever. The more I wear this, the more I've noticed the moisture dissipating from my lips. The texture is a bit waxy, which I don't mind, but something to be aware of if you do not like that in your lip product.This balm does not wear off evenly either, so I'm left with a ring around the outside of my lips which just looks silly, so another strike for that. The scent is probably my favorite thing about this balm though, it smells very much like cherry gummies or cherry hard candy.

on 10/10/2011 5:05:00 PM

All right. I've been using this for a few days now -- and I can officially say it. I really really like this! It imparts a nice pinkish red flush to my lips that comes out looking baby-pink on my lips. Instead of just sitting on my lips like most balms do, it actually settles into the skin after a a few minutes leaving my lips feeling moisturized and healthy -- not taut or greasy or oily. I didn't realize that balms were actually supposed to sink into your lips until I started using some of the other Burt's Bees lip balms (pomegranate oil, not the original). Anyway, I can't say if this is a good dupe for those expensive lip balms, but I can say that it is very pleasant and I love using it (not that I have to very often!).

on 10/7/2011 10:03:00 AM

It's not very moisturizing, but provides sheer red tint to my lips. You can build it up to a deeper red, too. I don't like that this applies unevenly. Cherry smell is a bit strong.

on 8/20/2011 12:27:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This lipbalm has nice cherry scent and moiturizes my lips very well.It also has beautiful color and convenient packaging.

on 8/19/2011 2:26:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

This is my FAVORITE lip balm.

The color pay off is amazing considering this isn't a gloss or a lipstick, and it's very buildable. It's not too dark ...I'm about as fair skinned as they come and the color isn't "clownish" even with a few coats. I think I was even more impressed by the fact that the tint stays on my lips for hours. Literally. Far better than any "stain" I've ever tried.

This is not an extremely moisturizing balm, unfortunately, which is why I don't give it 4 lippies... But, it gets the job done and it's not drying persay. Also, the packaging isn't stellar, but at $3, I'll get over it.

Bottom line - it's a great balm for slight moisture and a pop of color all in one. I'm a college student and it's super awesome to be able to whip this out and not worry about a mirror, know that I'm getting a little color and moisturizing my lips at the same time. For the price, you can't beat it!

on 8/7/2011 9:46:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I love these lip balms!! They for ure are not for very chapped bleeding lips,but if you expholiate them oftan, and use this, then they will stay nice and soft! i love the slight slight tint of red you get from useing this! and the smell is to die for! to me i get cotton candy. but my friend gets cherry.

on 8/4/2011 8:14:00 PM

It's really moisturizing, it smells nice, and it gives my lips a rosy tint. The color might be too much for fair-skinned people. I'm asian and this matches my skin tone pretty well.

on 8/3/2011 1:26:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral

A Kiss of Flavor is a great alternative to lipstick. It has a lovely red color that looks natural on my tan/olive skin and a delicious cherry flavor. At first, I found it a little drying, but that was because I had been using Vanilla Lip Smacker, which has a greasier consistency than this balm. It also makes your lips feel extremely smooth and kissable.
This is an amazing balm for everyday use.

on 7/12/2011 5:44:00 AM

It's a decent lipbalm. Tends toward the waxier types of balm as opposed to the very "slippy" type which I generally prefer. Still, it performs decently and prevents my lips from chapping.

The color is one of the best ones out there for lipbalms. This is a nice cool cherry pink whereas most other balms out there tend towards being on the warmer spectrum. It's also got more tint to it than other balms. I like the scent (it's kind of a fake cherry smell, but I like that), and the lack of SPF is a pity but not a deal-breaker. The tube is large and there's a good amount of product for a very fair price. For all intents and purposes, I like it.

Unfortunately, I can't wear this. I'm pretty fair-skinned and my lips aren't very pigmented so most tints already come off as strong (let's put it this way, I've yet to see a tinted lip balm that doesn't leave some color on my lips. Even the ones - Burt's Bee's Pomegranate, Chapstick Cherry, etc...- most people claim to leave no color whatsoever.) The tint on this product is just too pigmented and it performs as a lipstick on me instead of a tinted balm - not what I was looking for. I can't apply it with a heavy hand or go for repeat applications which I think is the whole point of balms. It really is unfortunate because if it weren't for the overwhelming intensity, the color is one that works best on me.

All in all, it's a nice enough product, but just not for me. If they ever lightened up with the level of pigment though, I'd def. give it another shot.

on 7/11/2011 12:32:00 PM

I love this balm! I always want a simple tinted balm to give me a flush of color, and this is perfect. It glides on so smoothly and absorbs quickly. The color is beautiful. It is quite tinted, which I love. The Burt's bees tinted balm was $7 and def not as tinted or smooth as Nivea. This was $3 at Rite Aid, and I will definetly repurchase!