April 16, 2014 | 2013 users online

Lip Treatments - Nivea - A Kiss of Flavor Cherry

rated 3 of 5 on 7/12/2011 5:44:00 AM More reviews by mabsie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

It's a decent lipbalm. Tends toward the waxier types of balm as opposed to the very "slippy" type which I generally prefer. Still, it performs decently and prevents my lips from chapping.

The color is one of the best ones out there for lipbalms. This is a nice cool cherry pink whereas most other balms out there tend towards being on the warmer spectrum. It's also got more tint to it than other balms. I like the scent (it's kind of a fake cherry smell, but I like that), and the lack of SPF is a pity but not a deal-breaker. The tube is large and there's a good amount of product for a very fair price. For all intents and purposes, I like it.

Unfortunately, I can't wear this. I'm pretty fair-skinned and my lips aren't very pigmented so most tints already come off as strong (let's put it this way, I've yet to see a tinted lip balm that doesn't leave some color on my lips. Even the ones - Burt's Bee's Pomegranate, Chapstick Cherry, etc...- most people claim to leave no color whatsoever.) The tint on this product is just too pigmented and it performs as a lipstick on me instead of a tinted balm - not what I was looking for. I can't apply it with a heavy hand or go for repeat applications which I think is the whole point of balms. It really is unfortunate because if it weren't for the overwhelming intensity, the color is one that works best on me.

All in all, it's a nice enough product, but just not for me. If they ever lightened up with the level of pigment though, I'd def. give it another shot.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/11/2011 12:32:00 PM More reviews by ikissenglish

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love this balm! I always want a simple tinted balm to give me a flush of color, and this is perfect. It glides on so smoothly and absorbs quickly. The color is beautiful. It is quite tinted, which I love. The Burt's bees tinted balm was $7 and def not as tinted or smooth as Nivea. This was $3 at Rite Aid, and I will definetly repurchase!

rated 4 of 5 on 6/29/2011 7:10:00 PM More reviews by Kirosalia

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

I saw this at the drugstore, and since I absolutely LOVED Nivea's Kiss of Honey lip balm, I really wanted to try this. So I tried it, and the first thing I noticed was that it wasn't as moisturizing as some of Nivea's other lip balms, which I suppose isn't too bad. However, if I want to use it by itself, I would have to apply quite a bit, making the color more intense than I'd like. I still really like this, but I usually just apply a little bit on my lips, then go over it with a different lip balm or gloss.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/12/2011 7:46:00 PM More reviews by fuforette

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I like the taste, it is quite yum and actually tastes like Cherries! :)
I gives the lips a little red tinge, but not too obvious, which I think is great!
Although, I am not sure how moisturising the product really is! I probably would not buy it again for that reason, but also I am desperate to try all the other Nivea's.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/27/2011 7:30:00 PM More reviews by magicloop2009

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I love it. Super flavor, super good lip balm, the tube is big and lasts long

rated 4 of 5 on 5/27/2011 10:55:00 AM More reviews by gladiolii

I bought mine just a couple of days ago after reading all the reviews on this site. I was desperately ogling this on drugstore.com, and needed the extra bit for free shipping. Also, I planned to buy four for the bulk discount, so I needed to *really* like this or I would be stuck with too many tubes I didn't like and will never use. After a few days of use, here are my thoughts:
I agree that the cherry scent is kind of strong--at first it is, anyway. When I first pulled off the packaging and put it on, I was reminded of cherry popsicles. It didn't really remind me of cough syrup... shudder... but definitely does remind me of a strong artificial cherry syrup, the stuff they dilute to flavor just about anything cherry-flavored. It smells sweet, and I've always been a huge fan of cherry flavoring, so this is a (+) for me.
My other issue was the clown lips--I've bought too many pink lipsticks that look great in the tube but look like Barbie vomited on me when I put it on. Personally, I found that this does NOT have enough pigmentation to give me clown lips, unlike lipsticks. So I must say, to the previous reviewer who said this gave them clown lips--I'm inclined to think it might be because you have really pigmented lips to begin with. In which case, I am forever jealous. But since my lips aren't all that pigmented, this balm is a non-issue with me... so maybe those with pigmented lips should keep that in mind. But it's definitely cheap enough to try out.
Anyway, I did have a moment where I freaked out a little upon seeing the magenta-colored packaging, because I remember reading here that it was true to color... but to anyone else who might be worried, the magenta is far from what shows up on the lips (thank God). It comes off as a pretty pinkish red, not a dark red--more like what you would look like just coming out of a hot shower, or a sauna. Maybe with a hint more pink? I'm normally not a pink person at all, but this light pink is fine on me, somehow. Maybe it's my slight yellow tone, but if so, I'm inclined to think it'll look fine on all but the most pinkish-hued skins.
Finally, in response to this replacing the Lip Smacker Dr. Pepper... hmm. I did actually think about it... and I agree, it is slightly more pigmented. It's also more moisturizing, though it is waxier and drier than Nivea's other uncolored balms. But the Dr. Pepper gloss is more of a red, and this is more pinkish... so I don't know that I would personally replace my Dr. Pepper with this yet. I've always liked layering the Dr. Pepper under or on top of lipsticks, and I'm excited to see what this Nivea one would look like over/under lipstick too.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/21/2011 2:55:00 AM More reviews by SaidtheClaireBear

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I'll just say this: I really love the color, but I am not particularly fond of the smell/taste. In my opinion it's kind of like cough syrup. But then again, I am generally not a fan of cherry flavor, so if you like cherry flavor you'll probably be okay with it.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/3/2011 12:59:00 AM More reviews by dela_cerna

I'd actually give this a 4.5. If it were a little bit more moisturizing, I'd be over the moon, but this is pretty good for what it is, certainly better than most balms in the market. I usually dislike flavors/scents on lip balms, but I actually like this one. The cherry scent is juicy (but not nauseating like the NYX glosses). One reviewer said it's like cherry starburst and I agree! The tint is fantastic. I have pretty pigmented lips and this really does the trick and actually shows up. I talk to people at my job all day long, and it's nice that I can put this on without having to whip a mirror out. Very nice for low key/natural makeup too!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/3/2011 8:57:00 PM More reviews by jennyfercl

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Neutral Hair: Black, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

I prefer this one over the strawberry one because it seems to be a little less slippery for some reason. Also prefer the scent a bit. It's a deeper red that's a bit more blue-based, and it has some shimmer but you can't see it once applied. I wouldn't call this MLBB since it's a bit too pigmented to be considered natural, but it's nice for when you feel like adding colour and don't necessarily want to carry around a high maintenance lip gloss or lip stick. I do find my lips a bit tight after the moisture has worn off though. The packaging isn't my fave but it'll do for the $1.35 i paid.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/24/2011 2:39:00 PM More reviews by mscc

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

I love this lip balm. It is very tinted, like lipstick, but also moisturizing. It's a little too red for me, so I just blot it or mix it with another lip balm. It smells so yummy, like Cherry Starburst!