Chanel Mascara Exceptionnel

3.6

Water, paraffin, styrene/acrylates/ammonium methacrylate copolymer, stearic acid, palmitic acid, beeswax, acacia senegal gum extract, carnauba wax, triethanolamine, vp/hexadecene copolymer, ethylene/va copolymer, hydroxyethylcellulose, cellulose, aminomethyl propanediol, phenoxyethanol, silica, butylene glycol, methylparaben, propylparaben, polyquaternium-10, microcrystalline wax, sodium laureth-12 sulfate, synthetic wax, potassium sorbate, edta, dimethicone. May contain: carmine, ultramarines, bismuth oxychloride, chromium cyanide, manganese violet, titanium dioxide, mica.

on 8/21/2009 9:22:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

I really wanted to love this product. The formulation is ok, it doesn't run, it slightly lifts up the lashes and doesn’t cause allergy but then again neither do a lot of cheaper reputable brands. To be honest this is a very ORDINARY mascara by all counts and I would not purchase it again.

I just opened my old favourite Maybelline Full 'n Soft waterproof mascara and I have never been happier. It sometimes takes using a mediocre expensive product to make you appreciate your regular product!

on 8/15/2009 4:56:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

I received a sample of this yesterday whilst topping up on my favorite Chanel lipgloss. To be honest I didn't expect much from this, as from experience high end mascaras are overpriced and don't even live up to drugstore makeup. As I prefer the glam drama look to natural lashes, I am always on the lookout for a mascara to give me the falsh eyelash effect. Well............I AM IMPRESSED. 2 coats of this and lashes are DARK, long and very full. I look like I am wearing falsies! After wearing through a full day it humidity, I experienced no flaking or panda eyes. I am definitely going to go back to the Chanel counter and buy this!!!!!!!! For girls that like the drama look, go buy this seriously!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

UPDATE 16/08/09 - I went and bought this today in smoky noir - this stuff is my HG for now, it does exactly what I want. You need to make sure you turn the brush as you swipe it up your eyelashes as the brush is half comb/bristles. This seems to stop it clumping and makes them sooooooooo long!!

I love this mascara, i have been using it for a while now and dont know why i didnt know about it before, it gives amazing lashes with just one swipe, although i do admit the brush is a little tricky, but its honestly well worth it!

on 7/29/2009 6:10:00 PM

I love the mascara!
I ordered the sample but I didnt got it, so I bought the mascara (€25.80).
I used L'oreal, Rimmel and a lot of mascara's that aren't expensive, but they all made my eyes hurt. The Chanel Exceptionnel didn't hurt my eyes at all, they didn't get red or painfull. So it's very good for sensitive eyes!
It made my lashes black and very seperated. It wasn't clumpy at all!

One negative thing about it, is that it dries out fast. After a month there was hard mascara on the bottle (dont know how to call it xD), it didn't get clumpy.
But I have to buy new mascara faster then when it dont dry so fast.

But I would buy it again, it's a lovely mascara and the packaging is beautiful.

The effect that this mascara gives on my lashes is AMAZING. This is by far the best mascara for a dramatic, false lash effect. Once you get the hang of the brush (you have to turn it whilst applying it), you will notice how amazing it really is. It lengthens, volumizes AND separates all at the same time. Every time I used this I always got people asking what mascara I used. I got 2 sample sizes and used both of them up. Unfortunately the only bad thing about this is that it tends to smudge on me, but then most non waterproof mascaras do. I'm waiting for them to bring it out in a waterproof formula and then I will definately buy it again!

LOVE IT. it is definitely my favourite mascara by a mile. the only downsides are that it tends to flake and that it dries up very quickly.. but that hasn't been too bad for me so i'll look past that. it gives such volume and length.. it's simply amazing.

on 7/1/2009 10:01:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

PROS: This mascara made my naturally black lashes even blacker! It is a really, really dark black. I love the color.

It did not clump, and it did not smudge. I did notice a few small flakes at the end of a long day, but it still beats most mascaras as far as lasting power.

I like the brush, especially the longer comb-like bristles which really grab onto the lashes and coat them. My lashes held their curl very well with this mascara as well.

CONS: The only reason I won't repurchase: It apparently dries out very quickly.

I received my mascara as a sample in a sealed package from Chanel. It had obviously never been opened before. Yet when I opened it for the first time, it was already almost completely dry. (Consistency of peanut butter.)

I don't know if this is what it is supposed to look like, but I can't see it lasting very long if this is what it looks like when it's new.

Still, I'm impressed that it wasn't clumpy and it went on very evenly, even in this almost-dry state. I was still able to use it and it lasted all day.

I won't be purchasing this product in the full size, but I like it enough that I will probably try some other Chanel mascaras.

UPDATE: I find myself missing this mascara. I have been using a couple of other mascaras since this one, and I miss that super-black color and texture (yes, because even though it was so dry, it made my lashes look awesome.) I plan to repurchase.

on 6/21/2009 8:28:00 PM

I recommend this especially for a special event due to its rich, luxurious color.

on 6/21/2009 12:08:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brown, Other, Medium

I love this mascara. After messing with Dior Blackout, Diorshow, amongst others. A friend gave this to me as a gift and I have repurchased three times since. The brush takes a bit of getting used to, but this product curls, lengthens and thickens amazingly- all in one! I love dramatic eyes, and the extra smoky noir color is great for ladies with dark hair. I rated overall at a 4, because I am torn between this and Chanel initimable. They both give amazing, but different results.

First of all I would like to say that I found it very hard to get a sample of this mascara on the Chanel Counter in Selfridges. The make up sales woman only seemed interested if I actually have bought the mascara rather than tried it first. It only seems like they care about your money and not the customer service they offer. When I managed to get a sample, I went home and tried it straight away. At first I must say that I wasent impressed with the product, it seemed hard to apply and the results weren't that great so I was left disapointed. The next morning I decided to give it another go and see if it will be the same. I took time applying this mascara and made sure I started from the roots..dragging the brush fully to the top in the side to side action. In seconds I started to see some amazing results, my lashes started to become thick and long. Very false lash effect which is a plus for me as I love dramatic eyes. I also realised that with this mascara you have to practice a few times to get the best out of it. As the brush is new to most buyers, we all feel abit clueless on how to apply it and in most cases that puts women off but if you get the hang of it, you will start to see great results ( usually after a few times ). The mascara doesnt flake on me but I have noticed tiny smudges on the top of the brow bone ( probably to having oily skin ) I dont find that a problem as many people started to notice my eyes more and also compliment me on my falsies..as they think im wearing some :) The best thing is that my eyelashes are not very long and a quiet fair in colour so this mascara really does make them stand out. In the past I have tried many branded mascaras ( diorshow, diorshow blackout, ysl, mac zoom lash+plush lash etc) and I would have to say that this mascara beats them straight away. It achieves a more natural but yet dramatic look but also makes the eyes pop without having to apply many layers of mascara to achieve that result for me. Great mascara for everyday and plus nights out..as it layers well.

Popular Mascaras