April 19, 2014 | 1574 users online

Scrubs - Dermalogica - AGE Smart multivitamin thermafoliant

rated 5 of 5 on 3/23/2009 8:35:00 PM More reviews by schubert345

I really like this exfoliant. I love the way it gets really warm when you mix it with water. It isn't very drying at all, but I can't use it more than once or twice a week because it REALLY does it's job. I use it for 1-2 minutes as the instructions suggest. I will buy this product again.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/31/2009 7:47:00 AM More reviews by swalsh

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love this exfoliator. I've tried alot of different products for exfoliation (as I have dry skin), but this is my favorite. It leaves my skin feeling soft and smooth with a subtle glow, but without feeling in any way harsh on my skin. Like other reviewers I don't feel much of a heating action, but who cares, it works. The other thing I think is great about this product is I can really tell it makes what I put on after work much better. I really feel like my moisturizer is sinking into my skin, and the results of my other products are much improved! I highly recomend this, its a bit pricey, but the tube it comes in is pretty big, and you don't need a ton, so it will definately last awhile.
EDIT: Well, I've changed my mind. I think this is a nice exfoliator, but its not my HG. I think it will definately help you with any dry spots, and I notice my moisturizer really sinks in well after use, but it doesn't leave my skin looking bright like it use to. I don't know if I'm just going through a "bad" skin phase, but this just isn't quite cutting it anymore. Maybe my skin got used to it? Anyways, its a very solid exfoliator, but I'm not in love the way I was a few months ago.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/28/2009 6:26:00 AM More reviews by rankers

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Great product - I have loved the gentle cream exfoliant for years but this trumps it big time !! The texture is nice and the heating comfortable. I rubbed in for 1-2 mins concentrating on congested/problem areas and rinsed off. My sensitive and dehydrated skin looks great after only a couple of applications and even better when followed with the multivitamin mask - truely is a professional result ! You would not regret this purchase and don;t be put off if you have fragile skin - it worked wonders for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/22/2009 11:53:00 PM More reviews by tenshi18

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This really is an awesome product. It made my skin feel so much smoother, brighter and clearer. I've used it twice so far and it only gets better. Has a beautiful herbal scent and the grains feel like sugar.

It heated up when i went to wash it off but either way, i'm very pleased with the results and like the other reviewer mentioned, aplying the multivitamin masque after made my skin look as though i'd just had a professional facial. Only i apply the masque sparingly and leave it on overnight.

Definetley a HG product, you won't regret purchasing this.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/15/2009 1:55:00 PM More reviews by marloes

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

This works wonders! It feels just like micradermabrasion on your skin and leaves it very smooth and glowing. I don't really notice the product heating up on my skin though.
I follow this with the multivitamin power recovery mask.
I can't say anything about the anti aging qualities of this product because i don't need that yet, so won't see improvements. But I do think it can prevent my skin from aging quite a bit :)

rated 5 of 5 on 11/7/2008 8:09:00 PM More reviews by AlexisMartinez84

I love how this product makes my skin glow, this is one product that will be a staple in cabinet for years to come!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/2/2008 4:55:00 AM More reviews by ropey

This scrub will be a staple in my skincare routine for a long time... Finally a scrub that actually works! It heats up on your face as you use it and it feels pretty rough but once its washed off your skin is oh so smooth and glowing.
Love it!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/18/2008 1:42:00 PM More reviews by ZippitiDoDa

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is the best face scrub I've ever used! Gotta love a product that delivers INSTANT gratification. So happy to have found it.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/17/2008 2:00:00 PM More reviews by ArtsyKyd

I just purchased this item today. And it works AMAZING! I have had microdermabrasions before and this stuff works just as well. After scrubbing in circular motions for about a minute, your face turns really raw and red. Just like a sun burn. But the vitamins help soothe the skin. It really leaves your skin looking radiant and extremely soft. Apply with a toner and moisturizer and you're good to go! A+! Will purchase again.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/15/2008 10:34:00 PM More reviews by SaraLee2

Newest addition to the AGE Smart line, this scrub is one of the best I've ever used. From the insert:

"...contains mechanical (silica, magnesium oxide and sodium bicarbonate) and chemical (lactic acid, salicylic acid and retinol) exfoliants to help stimulate cell turnover and accelerate cell renew rates..."

The consistency of this reminds me of Epidermix only thicker and more gel like. The scrubbies are about the same. Feels like baking soda or soft sand. You can use it either on damp or dry skin and I do both depending on how much 'foliating I need (damp = less, dry = more) If used on damp skin, it warms up but not uncomfortably so. If used dry it barely heats. Easy to spread around and massage in either way. Doesn't pull my skin too much even when dry. Only a nickel size is plenty to get a good scrub. Rinses really easy and doesn't dry out my face or leave it feeling tight at all!. Just leaves my face so incredibly soft, smooth and glowing I can't stop touching it. Comes in a 2.5 oz squeeze tube with flip top and retails for $48, but you can find it cheaper on the web. Definitely worth the price tag.

INGREDIENTS: PEG-6, Sodium Bicarbonate, Magnesium Oxide, C20-40 Pareth-10, Silica, Salicylic Acid, Retinol, Lactic Acid, Tetrahexyldecyl Ascorbate, Hydrolyzed Oputia Ficus Indica Flower Extract, Tocopherol, Citric Acid, Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract, Glycine Soja (Soybean) Seed Extract, Glycyrrhiza Glabra (Licorice) Root Extract, Bixa Orellana Seed Oil, Carthamus Tinctorius (Safflower) Seed Oil, Citrus Medica Limonum (Lemon) Peel Extract, Olive Oil PEG-7 Esters, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Citronellol, Eugenol, Geraniol, Linalool, Limonene, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil, Rosa Damascena Flower Oil, Eugenia Caryophyllus (Clove) Leaf Oil, Pelargonium Graveolens Oil, Citrus Medica Limonum (Lemon) Peel Oil, Aniba Rosaeodora (Rosewood) Wood Oil.

14 out of 15 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No