Dermalogica AGE Smart multivitamin thermafoliant

4.5

Not tested on animals

PEG-6, sodium bicarbonate, magnesium oxide, c20-40 pareth-10, silica, salicylic acid, retinol, lactic acid, tetrahexyldecyl ascorbate, hydrolyzed opuntia ficus indica flower extract, tocopherol, citric acid, camelia sinensis leaf extract. glycine soja (soybean) seed extract, glycyrrhiza glabra (licorice) root extract, bixa orellana seed oil, carthamus tinctorius (safflower) seed oil, citrus medica limonium (lemon) peel extract, olive oil peg-7 esters, caprylic/capric triglyceride, citronellol, eugenol, geraniol, linalool, limonene, helianthus annus (sunflower) seed oil, rosa damascena flower oil, eugena caryophyllus (clove) leaf oil, pelargonium graveolens oil, citrus medica limonium (lemon) peel oil, aniba rosaeodora (rosewood) wood oil.

I was using Bioelements Pumice Peel for the past 4-5 mths, which I have no issues with, but after reading the stellar reviews for this Dermalogica scrub, I wanted to try it... and I love it!! I love that it's a chemical AND manual exfoliator. I love that it comes in a sanitary tube instead of a tub (which I hated about the Bioelements). I love that I can get it at my local Ulta for $48 (sometimes cheaper w/ a coupon).

When I first used it, I made sure my face was damp just in case the scrub turned out to be too potent. However, I've learned it works best for me if my face is just slightly moist. When the scrub first hits the skin, there's an instant warming sensation, which disappears in about 3 seconds. After massaging my face for 2 minutes (as directed), my face is clear, radiant, and utterly smooth. Seriously, I'm really loving this scrub. It's HG for me! (well, for now, anyway... ;p)

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

I've been trying to get rid of melasma for years even with prescription retinol and tri-luma. I started using this based on the reviews as an exfoliant. I put skinceuticals .5 retinol on after it and covered with Intensive Moisture Balance and it was gone after one try. I didn't aim to get rid of the melasma since I gave up a while ago. It just happened. I woke up the next day with incredibly soft supple skin that was perfectly clear in tone. AMAZING!

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

This has to be THE BEST exfolaliant I've ever used - and I've tried lots over the years! I have normal/combination skin which is usually clear and problem-free anyway but this exfoliant has made my skin bright, glowing and even clearer!

Since purchasing this last month, I've been using this nearly everyday in the morning. If you have dry skin it's probably best to use just a couple of times a week as indicated on the tube. For me, using it nearly everyday has worked wonders for my skin!

This is my HG exfoliant and I'll definitely be repurchasing.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Wow! When I had gotten trained on this product by my Dermalogica rep, she did a demo on my hand and it felt so soft! Then I read to read reviews on this and 13 people with 100%, I def had to buy it. I got it the other day, had my friend and her mom try it and they both loved how smooth their skin felt and how moore clarified and bright it looked. Then I tried it at night before bed and I got the same result, soft and glowing skin. I can only imagine how much better my skin will get as I keep using this..more radiant and even though I'm only 20, it is part of the Age Smart line and you should start anti-aging products at 18, but yea any age can use this, maybe not 13, but this is def an excellent exfoliant.

It contains Lactic and Salicylic acids to exfoliate for instant smoothness.

It has Vitamins A, C, and E all great ingredients to fight aging and keep moisture in the skin.

What I love is the warming thermal action that happens as it gets in contact with the skin scrubbing and it gets even warmer when water is added. Because the directions state that you can start on a dampened face, but you get more intense results when used on a dry face first and then as it feels too dry, add water. I did that and got really nice results. It'll only help my serums and creams absorb better and keep my skin soft.

This is 48.00 and found at Ulta.

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

This is a really nice product. It leaves my skin so soft. It smells really nice. Its not too harsh so that I feel like I went through a meat grinder and its not too light as too feel like it didnt do its job. This is just a great product and its a good amount of product for the price. I was going to buy exfolikate and tried it but I like this one better and its 1/2 the price!

Excellent exfoliator!! Even though it is in the age smart line, definitely try this if you are younger!! I am 19 and love how it makes me skin feel :) I've been using it twice a week and it is WONDERFUL! Honestly feels like a mini microdermabrasion!! I also love how it heats up on contact with water!

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I have fallen in love with this exfoliator/mask/scrub! Before using this I was using Kate Somerville's Exfolikate for over 2 years. I was spending $85 for 1.7 oz. Now I'm only spending $48 for 2.5 oz. for something very similar and even a tad better. I've been using this for about 2 weeks and I'm amazed. This stuff cleans out my pores, makes my skin as super soft (softer than it's been in years!), gives a healthy glow and has helped tremendously with break outs and red marks left from past blemishes. This stuff has lactic acid, retinol and salicylic acid...all at the beginning of the ingredient list! I was a little scared at first that it might be too much, even for my oily skin. But it was so gentle and didn't burn or dry out my skin like Kate Somerville's Exfolikate did. If I could I would give this prodcut a 10!

I really like this exfoliant. I love the way it gets really warm when you mix it with water. It isn't very drying at all, but I can't use it more than once or twice a week because it REALLY does it's job. I use it for 1-2 minutes as the instructions suggest. I will buy this product again.

I love this exfoliator. I've tried alot of different products for exfoliation (as I have dry skin), but this is my favorite. It leaves my skin feeling soft and smooth with a subtle glow, but without feeling in any way harsh on my skin. Like other reviewers I don't feel much of a heating action, but who cares, it works. The other thing I think is great about this product is I can really tell it makes what I put on after work much better. I really feel like my moisturizer is sinking into my skin, and the results of my other products are much improved! I highly recomend this, its a bit pricey, but the tube it comes in is pretty big, and you don't need a ton, so it will definately last awhile.
EDIT: Well, I've changed my mind. I think this is a nice exfoliator, but its not my HG. I think it will definately help you with any dry spots, and I notice my moisturizer really sinks in well after use, but it doesn't leave my skin looking bright like it use to. I don't know if I'm just going through a "bad" skin phase, but this just isn't quite cutting it anymore. Maybe my skin got used to it? Anyways, its a very solid exfoliator, but I'm not in love the way I was a few months ago.

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

Great product - I have loved the gentle cream exfoliant for years but this trumps it big time !! The texture is nice and the heating comfortable. I rubbed in for 1-2 mins concentrating on congested/problem areas and rinsed off. My sensitive and dehydrated skin looks great after only a couple of applications and even better when followed with the multivitamin mask - truely is a professional result ! You would not regret this purchase and don;t be put off if you have fragile skin - it worked wonders for me.