April 21, 2014 | 1884 users online

Sunscreen - Peter Thomas Roth - Uber Dry Sunscreen SPF 30

rated 4 of 5 on 2/23/2009 11:23:00 PM More reviews by agapeteam

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I have tried sunscreens from neutrogena, bioderma, aveeno, and water babies and think this is definately the BEST one. My biggest problem with every ss I try is looking shiny, oily and like I have a white cast to my skin- I did not have any of these problems with Uber Dry SS. The only problem I do have is that the product tends to ball up and roll off my skin making it look like I have flakes. I think I was maybe using too much and am now experimenting with using less and it's not as bad. I would rather deal with "dusting" a couple flakes off my skin throughout the day than having a greasy, pale face all day. Also, I am not sure what the PPD is for this ss (I know that's important). So...this ss is not perfect but I have found it's REALLY difficult to find a good ss. I'm sticking with Uber Dry.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/16/2009 7:18:00 PM More reviews by ajax5455

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I agree, this sunscreen is the best! I am forbidden to leave the house without sunscreen on my face. Physical sunscreens make me break out (odd, since I successfully use mineral makeup). I used Neutrogena for years, but based on the MUA reviews, I decided to give this PTR product a shot. Perfect! Not heavy, doesn't ball up, and makes a great primer for my makeup. It's pricey, but worth every penny to me.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/3/2009 10:30:00 AM More reviews by talleyrand

Verdict: The essential daily sunscreen.

Peter Thomas Roth Uber Dry Sunscreen is creamy, substantial stuff, but it goes on smooth and dry. It's incredibly effective as a sunscreen. It's definitely aided in making my skin look more even-toned. It minimizes tanning, which I like, but that may be a problem for some.

It's the facial sunscreen that I will always use--invisible, effective, all kinds of wonderful. And at $26 per bottle, it's reasonably-priced.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 12/29/2008 12:50:00 AM More reviews by bymysideee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Other, Other, Coarse Eyes: Brown

i love this sunscreen! Unlike the shiseido one i've used previously, it does not leave my face super shiny. It dries up so fast on your skin it's amazing! Besides, it's got a bunch of goodies like vitamins and antioxident properties in it. THe only downside is you need to wait 30 minutes for it to work

rated 5 of 5 on 11/8/2008 3:40:00 PM More reviews by jq1234

I agree with the previous two posts, this is the best chemical sunscreen. It's matte, invisible, and you can't feel you are wearing sunscreen either. I don't know how it works for dry skin, but for combination/oily skin, simply the best chemical sunscreen so far.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/28/2008 10:42:00 AM More reviews by Beck666

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is without a doubt, hands-down the best sunscreen I've ever used. I've been on the look out (for about 5 years now, no foolin'!) for a sunscreen that wouldn't feel like I'd spread beef tallow all over my face. I was admittedly skeptical about how the Uber-Dry would perform--I've been let down SO many times before!-- but was very pleasantly surprised at its performance. I was very impressed by how weightless it feels...it's never heavy or greasy on my oily skin and my makeup applies beautifully over it. I've found it works best if you work it in a bit but once you do it's pretty much undetectible. Don't let the alarmingly thick texture of this stuff scare you when it comes out of the tube...it *IS* Uber-Dry...and Uber-Fab!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 7/2/2008 8:40:00 PM More reviews by hesperia

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

The reason why I never use sunscreen - apart from being irresponsible, I know - is that I HATE to feel creamy and tacky, especially in summer. This sunscreen is amazing. Uber Dry is exactly what it is. You can slather it on and you don't feel greasy. The ONLY sunscreen I would ever use. Pricey, though.