October 22, 2014 | 1872 users online

Eye Shadow - E.L.F. - brightening eyeshadow quad - drama

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/17/2010 11:50:00 PM More reviews by theresadactyl

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I didn't really have high hopes for this product when I purchased it. I assumed it would be extremely low quality and I would toss it after trying. I was suprised how much I love it! It's a perfect matte black/white and beautiful shimmery silvers. You can definately achieve the perfect smokey eye with this. :]

rated 2 of 5 on 8/2/2010 3:19:00 PM More reviews by MollieS

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

Okay, I bought this at my local grocery store for a dollar. Now, I have gotten GREAT makeup for a dollar before so I had no hesitation when buying this. I wore this for 2 hours last night and it creased horribly! I had my NYX pencil in Milk under it as a base and it was just nasty. I don't have oily lids so its the eyeshadow. Save your money and get Hard Candy or something better.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/31/2010 1:06:00 PM More reviews by Eiziam

To be honest, I bought this palette for practice purposes only. I wouldn't wear it out though. It's definitely pigmented, but it's flaky and a lot of the product ended up on my cheeks and eyelashes. The white is okay to use as a base on the lid, but I wouldn't put it on the browbone as a highlighter because, as another reviewer mentioned, it's more a "pasty" white than a "sheer" white. I have Nars & Bobbi Brown's white shadows and they are fabulous because when you put it on, it's there....but "not" there...The quad lives up to the blendable claim...maybe too blendable. I put the silver and dark gray on my lid and blended with MAC's 217 brush. The dark gray stayed, but most of the silver shadow wiped off on the brush. The black shadow is the best of the four. Great for smudging onto your pencil eyeliner. It's a nice solid black, not a sheer black. This is a great buy for starters who are learning how to create the smoky eye.....but should upgrade once the they've perfected the technique.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/28/2010 10:09:00 PM More reviews by pinkrose838

The only really good colors in this are the matte white and black ones. The two others have barely any pigmentation and a whole crap load of shimmer. Also, the packaging sucks, the top just completely broke off! The applicator, as well as the tinytiny mirror, are also crap. So you're basically only really buying this product for a simple black and white and crappy packaging. Honestly, you can get that somewhere else. Save your $1(:

rated 5 of 5 on 7/26/2010 8:36:00 PM More reviews by savethetatas

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I didn't have alot of hope for this eyeshadow i figured the black would just be average, and it would be kind of blah, boy was i surprised, they colors are amazing and the black is so pretty, it's nice and dark and i'm very surprised, buy it, buy it, buy it, you will love it!

rated 3 of 5 on 7/21/2010 1:22:00 PM More reviews by SourberryLily

The colors are a very true black(matte), pure white(matte), two silvers (shimmery). They are highly pigmented, i was stunned by the black. They are long lasting too. I'm pleasantly surprised by the quality of this.

Now for the bad part: The packaging is ugly and looks cheap. The triangles are tiny!! I'd estimate about 1cm large.

All in all, i really do love that black so i would rebuy just for that. But if you use a lot of product or have large brushes, you may find this annoying.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/18/2010 10:55:00 PM More reviews by starfirelena

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I like this little palette. I love using it for my smokey eyes but I rarely do those because it looks odd on me. I still love it though, this palette was wonderful and I once used the sponge tip applicator and my smokey eyes turned out FAB-U-LOUS. It really did. I love it and now I use my brushes to try to replicate the same effect with the sponge. LOVE LOVE LOVEEE.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/17/2010 3:17:00 PM More reviews by Ihavequestions

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Grey

The colors in this are spectacular. There's just something unique in the darker colors that makes them look VERY smoldery (that's a word, right?) and awesome. I would say that all of these have a bluish quality to the gray that goes great with my very cool toned PPP skin. I also love how they wear --- I don't feel like the color stays true, exactly, but I actually feel like they slightly morph into something even better than they start as.

That said, I *hate* the packaging on this. I am not one of those people who give low reviews because packaging isn't cute. I could really give a hoot about that, honestly. It's just that the tiny area you have, and the fact that it's triangular makes it really hard to get to the product IMO. It's frustrating and the reason I gave this a four and not a five.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/17/2010 2:58:00 PM More reviews by bih80

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have 2 backups of this little palette because it is honestly my HG for the smokey look. The black is intense and pigmented and the grays and charcoals live up to their name. For one dollar I am utterly enchanted.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/4/2010 4:39:00 AM More reviews by Anja89

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Save your money and buy something better. These shadows aren't pigmented at all and they're terribly messy to apply. Horrible. I really don't know how some other reviewers say that these shadows are pretty pigmented - there's barely any color on my lid when I apply this, even when using a primer.