Revlon Colorsilk in Dark Brown

4.3

on 2/25/2011 4:45:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

Wow! I started coloring my hair at 18, for the fun of it. Now at 45, it is a necessity due to an abundance of gray. I have tried EVERY drugstore and beauty supply color over the years with mixed results. I have naturally dark brown hair, and this color is my color but better. Completely covers gray, doesn't fade, is multi-dimentional, gentle, just rich and beautiful results. I just can't believe it. I have been looking for these results for years, never imagining they could come from cheap Colorsilk. I was always afraid to try it. I can't recommend it enough. Again, wow!

on 2/21/2011 1:24:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I use Revlon Colorsilk a lot. I think I'll stick with Medium Browns from now on because this looks VERY dark on my pale skin. It's a very close match to my natural hair color though, which is what I was going for so that I can grow my hair out w/o having to color it every 4 weeks

O nm about the color being too dark! I haven't died my hair in over a month and it matches my roots perfectly, so I guess this was my original color (I haven't seen it for a while lol)

Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine

I love this hair colouring product, I've been using it for several years now. It's not sold in Canada so I load up in the USA a couple of times a year.

This colour in particular is very dark, nearly black. It's darker than I'd prefer so I mix it with another Colorsilk (medium golden brown) in a 3:4 ratio for the perfect shade for me.

I really appreciate the nice shine I get from this product...no dull over dyed hair look!

on 10/20/2010 2:13:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

I love this color. It looks almost black inside without natural lighting. but once you go outside you can see the rich brown come threw...Its almost my natural color anyways.

My only problem is, theres very little in the box. So if you have longer hair i would suggest 2 boxes. but for almost 4$ its no biggie..

on 7/24/2010 1:35:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Dark, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Other

I hated my black hair so I decided to dye my hair a little lighter with this product and it didn't do anything to my hair at all so I'm not that impressed but the color looked good anyway and it worked better than some of the hair dyes out there for $8! So I wouldn't recommend this product if you want to lighten your hair but it's a good product for everything else.

UPDATE: It fades quickly...not good :( At least it was only $3.

on 3/11/2010 11:03:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

Revlon Colorsilk is one of the best kept secrets in the beauty world! Don't be deceived by the low price: Revlon Colorsilk in Dark Brown delivers dark chocolate tones, possesses staying power, and leaves the hair in excellent condition. The kit's conditioner nurtures newly colored hair, leaving it softer and silkier than ever. Do be aware that your hair may turn out a little darker than the model's. My hair is always a blackish brown for the first couple weeks; then, it fades to a rich chocolate brown. Because the color fades very evenly, I can go 8-10 weeks between colorings. The product offers salon quality at a below drugstore price.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I have been using this product for about 6 or 7 years. I have dark brown hair but every now and then scattered throughout is a white blond single strand. I used to get made fun of in school because people said it looked like I had gray hair so I resorted to dying it. I love this dye. I have used herbal essences, garnier... just about every drugstore box dye but i always come back to this one. My hair is very thick and half way down my back. I use 2 boxes to dye mine. I think most people could get away with one. I use the color Brown Black or Black usually and it gives me great results but if those are sold out I get this color. It turns my hair the same color as Brown Black or Black...JET BLACK. Which is fine with me but I'm sure most people want brown when they buy brown hair dye. It fades down some but not much. Just know if you are considering purchasing this color that it will be black not brown. I really like the conditioner that comes with it. It works awesome. I use both whole packs on my hair after I dye it to get it nice and soft.

The only complaints I have are 1.) The gloves that come with it suck so I use my own. and 2)It seriously takes forever to rinse out. Other than that it is wonderful and a lot more affordable than having to buy two boxes or 7-10$ dyes. I recommend this to anyone who wants to go darker.

The only thing I have to say about the other shades are that 1) if it says golden _____ like golden brown, golden blonde etc it will most definitely come out very orange or reddish in my experience and 2.) if you are trying to go lighter this will not do it. It is ammonia free and will not lift the color from your hair well. Always go to a salon if you are trying to go lighter. At least that is my experience. Hope this helps!

on 2/17/2010 9:25:00 AM

I can't believe I spent $3 on hair color and got the results I wanted! I had been using L'Oreal Natural Match in Natural Black (had used Dark Brown and Brown Black prior), and wanted something a little softer but still dark. Everything seems to appear with strong red undertones, or blond highlights, which I did not want. This dye gives you a rich chocolate brown, and it does not look like your hair is colored! The product is a little runny (not enough to sway me, though), and it rinses out dark purple. The conditioner is amazing, and left my hair super soft and smelling great! The color is the rich shade I wanted, and I will definitely use again. If the color fades quickly with washing, I'll update. Will definitely buy again!

on 2/12/2010 2:38:00 PM

I was so tired of spending a hundred bucks at the salon every month to get rid of my grays and then the reddish brassiness that would eventually show up. I decided to try home coloring and after reading the reviews for Revlon Colorsilk Dark Brown (30) I decided to give it a try. So glad I did. It turned out great! it is a deep chocolate brown, not a hint of brassiness and completely covered my stubborn grays and left my hair shiny and soft. its not the inky flat jet black color..it has some dimension and lots of shine. Its actually in better condition now that before I colored it. And it was on sale for $4.00.
Go get it!

on 1/22/2010 5:10:00 AM

This is a nice color for getting rid of brassiness. It washes out purple so it is a cooler dark brown, kind of like Vanessa Hudgens hair. I'd compare the shade to the color of dark coffee beans/grounds. I've heard several describe it as a chocolate shade but don't think rich milk chocolate, think of cooler dark chocolate. If you are wanting to try Brown Black, try the Dark Brown shade first because it looks almost black in low lighting. Brown Black is more of an natural off-black and Black is Jet Black. If you have a fear of getting anywhere near black then this is probably not for you and I'd stick with Medium Browns. The formula is a little runnier than some others but it does the job and the conditioner works wonders.