April 19, 2014 | 1599 users online

Hair Color - Revlon - Colorsilk in Dark Brown

image 0image 1image 2

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 2/17/2010 9:25:00 AM More reviews by Jenniferla32

I can't believe I spent $3 on hair color and got the results I wanted! I had been using L'Oreal Natural Match in Natural Black (had used Dark Brown and Brown Black prior), and wanted something a little softer but still dark. Everything seems to appear with strong red undertones, or blond highlights, which I did not want. This dye gives you a rich chocolate brown, and it does not look like your hair is colored! The product is a little runny (not enough to sway me, though), and it rinses out dark purple. The conditioner is amazing, and left my hair super soft and smelling great! The color is the rich shade I wanted, and I will definitely use again. If the color fades quickly with washing, I'll update. Will definitely buy again!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/12/2010 2:38:00 PM More reviews by thumper36

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I was so tired of spending a hundred bucks at the salon every month to get rid of my grays and then the reddish brassiness that would eventually show up. I decided to try home coloring and after reading the reviews for Revlon Colorsilk Dark Brown (30) I decided to give it a try. So glad I did. It turned out great! it is a deep chocolate brown, not a hint of brassiness and completely covered my stubborn grays and left my hair shiny and soft. its not the inky flat jet black color..it has some dimension and lots of shine. Its actually in better condition now that before I colored it. And it was on sale for $4.00.
Go get it!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/22/2010 5:10:00 AM More reviews by mahaba27

This is a nice color for getting rid of brassiness. It washes out purple so it is a cooler dark brown, kind of like Vanessa Hudgens hair. I'd compare the shade to the color of dark coffee beans/grounds. I've heard several describe it as a chocolate shade but don't think rich milk chocolate, think of cooler dark chocolate. If you are wanting to try Brown Black, try the Dark Brown shade first because it looks almost black in low lighting. Brown Black is more of an natural off-black and Black is Jet Black. If you have a fear of getting anywhere near black then this is probably not for you and I'd stick with Medium Browns. The formula is a little runnier than some others but it does the job and the conditioner works wonders.

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 1/20/2010 11:37:00 PM More reviews by ganicity

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

i first bought this color because it was the closest color to my natural color hair and i be sick and tired of my roots showing when i dye it a color not my own sooo i bought this color when it was on sale in rite aid for 2 for 5 bucks and once i applied it my hair felt like straw but once i used the conditioner it left my hair silky smooooth no lie ya! i recently dyed my hair again this color and like many of the other reviewers it left my hair jet black in the shade but a cool dark brown in the sun!

rated 1 of 5 on 10/16/2009 3:47:00 AM More reviews by Cherri471

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I love this hair dye brand, it's all I use and doesn't damage my hair much at all. However, this particular shade I hate! It literally turns my hair jet black, and I will it give it this, the color does NOT fade at all, won't budge. I've used it before and it did the same,I had to get it professionally highlighted once a month for four months to get it back to a medium brown. I decided to try it again after using soft dark brown-which DID come out dark brown but had faded alot. Probably should have stuck to that, but here I am washing my hair with dish soap and prell- 6 times now in two days- and its barely budged. If you want to do dye your hair black, this would be a really good bet becuase it doesn't have that fake "wig" like look it, it does have some very dark brown/red tones to it, but very barely.

Bottom line, this dye is great I would say for any ethnic woman such as spanish, italian, indian ect. or for anyone who wants to dye their hair a "natural" black. For girls with dark brown hair and fair skin, go for the dark soft brown of this brand.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/30/2009 1:38:00 PM More reviews by Seadoo

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Other, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Other

I've been using this for quite a while now. I also had the fading/red color from Garnier within 2 weeks of coloring. Well, this stuff is fabulous. The dark brown is very natural looking, does NOT fade even in the sun all day! It colors resistant gray easily and completely in half the time of Garnier.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/26/2009 1:51:00 PM More reviews by mualibertad

I LOATHE that cheap reddish tone I used to get in my hair after other brands (Garnier) of color faded. I would re-color my whole head after about 5 weeks to get rid of the red, putting my hair through harsh treatment.

So I tried Colorsilk hoping for something different. I am very pleased. The color stays true, so I only need to do touch-ups on the roots!

PROS
-Cheaper than other brands - often on sale
-Easy to get at the drugstore
-Actually covers grey and keeps them covered!
-No harsh, cheesy red tones after a few weeks (black-brown #20)
-Really great match to my natural hair color
-My hair has remained in good condition
-One bottle is all I need

CONS
-Non yet.

INFO
-Latina with Olive Light skin tone (Everyday Minerals)
-Natural hair color is dark, dark brown (close to black)
-Long curly hair to mid-back

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/26/2009 9:39:00 AM More reviews by mladkins

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Seriously, I have tried a lot of at-home colors and this one is hands down my favorite! And for 3 bucks...wow. Number 30 (dark brown) gives a deep rich brown and completely covers the few gray hairs that I have. Easy, consistent color too. I don't usually have the patience to part my hair into sections.

Seems like they used to not provide an after color conditioner with this product. My hair would feel like straw and for that reason I stopped using it. But I have since come back to it and was very pleased to see that it now contains the silky soft conditioner. Although its only single use (as opposed to other box color that provide once a week conditioner for 6 weeks), it still makes a big difference.

Update 9/24/10: Perfect brass-free color every time! Sometimes I try other colors but I always come back to this one.

I have long hair past my shoulders and so far I've been able to get away with 1 box for full coverage. I always dampen my hair first by wetting my brush and brushing it through. It helps the color to glide on more evenly.

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 7/24/2009 2:20:00 PM More reviews by twerpicus

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I first tried the Brown Black coloring for this product, and I was extremely disappointed! Although both versions leave my hair feeling soft and silky, I do not like the green undertone on my skin tone w/ the Brown Black...

Anyways,
after months of a hideous orange color in my hair (not my natural hair color) I decided I want my pretty dark brown hair back.
I really like the color of the Dark Brown! It matches my brows perfectly and it's like my natural hair color! I got this on sale for $3.29! What a bargain!

I love this product, but I will never dye my hair again (nothing to do with this product). I want my natural hair back; and I just wanted to dye my hair closest to it's natural hair color. Once my normal hair is back, the only dye I'll be using is Natural Rainbow Henna; because it's a beautiful natural conditioning treatment :D

rated 4 of 5 on 6/28/2009 9:57:00 PM More reviews by jmckenney2

After searching for a great haircolor and trying MANY, I think I have found a great one! I have naturally med/drk brown hair that ALWAYS gets red tones no matter what I do! But with this color so far no red. I colored it about a week ago and my hair is shinier and a beautiful color (dark brown almost black). It does have a greenish undertone which I needed to cancel out my red but if your looking for that blue undertone this isnt for you.