April 19, 2014 | 1118 users online

Conditioner - The Egg Bomb

• Price: $

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/18/2010 12:18:00 PM More reviews by lotusfairy

I was very hesitant to try this, but I had all the ingredients in my kitchen and decided what the heck. I mixed it up, applied to my slightly damp hair and let it sit for a hour. I could have left it in more but had no time. I then washed and conditioned as usual using tepid water and let my hair air-dry. My hair was very soft and less frizzy. I could see a visible difference in shine as well. I look forward to playing around with the ingredients to see what would work even better for me, but this was worth a shot and is cheap and easy to make.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/21/2010 2:52:00 PM More reviews by paulamwiggins

Wow!
First review for me. . . .I'm THRILLED with how this simple, sticky mess made my hair so silky. I used the basic ingredients, doubled for my longer hair. I was really nervous the mixture would leave my hair weighted down and oily, but no siree. It did take a little time to wash out, but a good, thorough shampooing did the trick. I left my regular conditioner in for several minutes, then rinsed. Blew dry as usual, and went to bed.
Got up this morning, and I'm loving my hair! It's not at all oily or weighted, just sleek and shiny. I keep running my fingers through it.
This works, Gals!!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/19/2010 1:26:00 PM More reviews by wiseowl

Let me stress that I'm a big fan of all natural, DIY concoctions--the wonders of old fashioned oatmeal alone sold me on the concept. However, the egg bomb just didn't do anything for me. My hair was the same after using it; only, it took three shampoos to get the olive oil out of my hair. My hair was grease city after using it, thus necessitating three shampoos.
There are two reasons I'm not making my score a one. This mixture won't truly harm anyone's hair in the long run, even if it doesn't work out. Since college, I've been extremely careful with my hair, avoiding coloring, overwashing, and any products that might be too harsh on it. So, it could be that it didn't work for me because I really didn't need it and it might benefit people whose hair was in more of a state of distress. So, I'm putting my review out here for people with pretty okay hair. I wouldn't discourage anyone from trying this, but to just keep in mind that it might not be a one-size-fits-all solution.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 12/29/2009 12:15:00 PM More reviews by suchetab

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Absof***inglutely awesome!

This stuff leaves my hair feeling like silk!

I must say that I have altered the recipe a little bit. I mix 3 egg yellows, 3 tablespoons of coconut oil and a spoonful of Moroccan oil, some honey. You have to bring the egg yolk to room temperature otherwise it will solidify the coconut oil...so remember that. I coat every section of my hair from roots to the tip with this stuff using a hair-coloring brush. I guess that's why I need a lot of it. I put saran wrap (to avoid dripping) around my hair..imagine that :-) and leave it on for 20-30 minutes, wash and condition, blow dry. Don't use hot water when rinsing it out...you may have scrambled egg in the shower, Lol.

My hair looks and feels amazing....I can't stop touching my hair. Also it stays like that longer than normal shampooing.

I don't waste the egg white...I make an omelet with onions, green chilis, cilantro, salt, pepper. Hey, it's protein that your body could use for healthier hair! So why not?

18 out of 20 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 11/22/2009 10:50:00 AM More reviews by karen2829

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I did this last night after coloring my hair the day before.. I used the original formula and I am soo surprised at the great results. I have fine hair that is wavy so it tends to get frizzy. When I first put it on I was afraid it was not going to wash out because it was alittle sticky.. don't be afraid.. it washes it easy with regular shampoo. Immediately I noticed how soft my hair was.. then when it dried.. I saw the shinny.. fabulous ! I suggest reading the reviews below so you can get an all round idea of everyone's experience with this treatment. One in particular mentions not to use to often because the proteins can cause breakage.. I am going to this every 2 weeks.. I will update in a month to tell you all how it's going.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/22/2009 3:36:00 AM More reviews by JessicaJames

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I love the egg bomb! I love homemade beauty recipes too! I have been doing this for around 6 months. Less when my hair was dark (once a month), more now that it has been lightened (two times a month). Just depends. Cheap, effective, perfection! The combination works well with my hair and washes out...which normally doesn't happen very well when I just use say, coconut oil. I think I will mess around with the mixture a bit though overall excellent protein/moisture treatment.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/9/2009 1:10:00 PM More reviews by burs

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

The egg bomb works! I used the original recipe of 1 egg yolk, 2 tbs olive oil, and 1 tsp honey, and it was plenty to cover my thick, shoulder-length hair. I covered it with a shower cap and used the blow dryer to heat it up for a little while after I put it on. I ended up leaving it in overnight because I was too tired to wash and style it by the time I put it in. My boyfriend was over when I had it in, and I was telling him the ingredients and he said, "That sounds expensive!" I laughed and told him it was homemade so, in fact, it was dirt cheap. It actually works better than expensive products too. The next morning when I washed and styled my hair, it was extra soft and shiny. I'll definitely use this again especially since I have been switching to all natural and organic products.

8 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 10/6/2009 11:50:00 PM More reviews by dandyrandi16

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

OMG LOVE. My hair looks super pretty. I just bombed my hair after dying it with super drying boxed color *cough* Clairol w/ Balsam *cough* a couple of days ago. Lo and behold my hair is softer and shinier than it was before. It even made it look cuter in a pony. I can't stop touching my hair. If this was a marketed product I could totally be its spokeswoman because I have nothing but good things to say about this.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/14/2009 5:25:00 AM More reviews by shamcd

Been a member for a year now and this is the first review I've written. I have very long, semi-thick and semi-wavy hair. This is by far and above THE BEST conditioner I've ever used! I have a problem with fly aways and limpness (due to length) and I thought this might condition well but leave my hair weighed down....was I ever wrong. My hair is fairly healthy to begin with but after using the egg bomb on it, I swear my hair feels and looks the best it ever has. The smell is horrendous...I could barely stand it, but it was worth the queasiness. The only change I made to the recipe was adding come coconut oil. I doubled the recipe and added 2 TBSP of evoo and 2 TBSP of coconut oil.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/26/2009 12:14:00 PM More reviews by dorilob

I have used this 2, two weeks in a row and I have to say I am impressed. My hair is ultra fine and color treated so its pretty damaged. After using this, my hair felt soft and silky. Its kind of messy to use but worth it. I'm off to my hair dresser on Friday and hopefully she will agree that my hair is in better condition too.