August 27, 2014 | 1733 users online

Conditioner - The Egg Bomb

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/3/2010 9:06:00 PM More reviews by Sanzibar

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I'm writing this for the other ladies my age who I'm sure have some of the same hair issues I do. My hair is coarse, dry & damaged from at home colorings and heat damaged from styling products. I like to keep my hair long, currently about 4 inches below my shoulders. My hair has developed an almost straw like texture and I thought the only option left was to have it cut short. In desperation, I tried the egg bomb treatment. I used the formula exactly as written, doubling it due to the length of my hair. Due to the excessive dryness, I topped it off with a couple tablespoons of mayo. I covered my head with a cheap shower cap & left it on a couple hours. I shampooed it out & conditioned with the Suave Shea & Almond products. My hair already felt better even wet. I wrapped in a hair towel to dry, then used my blow dryer on the lowest setting to finish it off. I won't claim my hair is perfect now but I am shocked at how effective this treatment was. My hair is soft, shiny and the straw like texture is gone. My fingers slide thru my hair now instead of getting caught in knots. I even had my husband smell it & he assures me it smells nothing like salad dressing ... only like clean hair. Finally I have hope with regular trims & once a week egg bomb treatments I'll be able to maintain not just long hair but have gorgeous long hair! I also plan to incorporate the conditioner only hair washes into my routine. Thanks so much to SiameseLouise for sharing this tip. I have learned so much from this site !

rated 4 of 5 on 6/21/2010 9:19:00 PM More reviews by savethetatas

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I was skeptical about puting oil in my hair because my hair can get oily easily, but i tried it anyways.....this is my HG hair mask it worked SO great, it moisturized my hair reallly well and it made it so healthy and just has given me days of good hair days! I'm very excited, i have thick hair so it took a little bit more of it than i thought and the smell was pretty bad in my opinion, it took a day or so to get the smell out, but i can overlook all of that if it means my hair looking like this on a regular basis. It's soft, shiny, and just looks healthier i'm very excited! Even if your skeptical about trying it, it's okay because it works wonders.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/23/2010 5:51:00 PM More reviews by chimmzy

I've read somewhere that hair doesn't absorb egg protein as the molecules are too big.
Or something like that, don't remember and it's not important to this review more then as a clue to why I couldn't see this mask as something that actually would work, or be diffrent to a regular evoo deep treatment.
Well it helps for something! In some way, the egg brings extra moisture/protein/whatever and it sure makes a huge difference compared to just a pre wash oiling.
I've used different oils and honey before in treatments, and I'm supriced to say, but this mix of ingredients seems to cooperate REALLY well and it's an excellent alternative to more expensive masks.

It does strip color though, and it's messy, and smells -really- bad.
But you just can't have it all and for this price, availability and result, I will absolutely try it again.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/18/2010 12:18:00 PM More reviews by lotusfairy

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I was very hesitant to try this, but I had all the ingredients in my kitchen and decided what the heck. I mixed it up, applied to my slightly damp hair and let it sit for a hour. I could have left it in more but had no time. I then washed and conditioned as usual using tepid water and let my hair air-dry. My hair was very soft and less frizzy. I could see a visible difference in shine as well. I look forward to playing around with the ingredients to see what would work even better for me, but this was worth a shot and is cheap and easy to make.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/21/2010 2:52:00 PM More reviews by paulamwiggins

Wow!
First review for me. . . .I'm THRILLED with how this simple, sticky mess made my hair so silky. I used the basic ingredients, doubled for my longer hair. I was really nervous the mixture would leave my hair weighted down and oily, but no siree. It did take a little time to wash out, but a good, thorough shampooing did the trick. I left my regular conditioner in for several minutes, then rinsed. Blew dry as usual, and went to bed.
Got up this morning, and I'm loving my hair! It's not at all oily or weighted, just sleek and shiny. I keep running my fingers through it.
This works, Gals!!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/19/2010 1:26:00 PM More reviews by wiseowl

Let me stress that I'm a big fan of all natural, DIY concoctions--the wonders of old fashioned oatmeal alone sold me on the concept. However, the egg bomb just didn't do anything for me. My hair was the same after using it; only, it took three shampoos to get the olive oil out of my hair. My hair was grease city after using it, thus necessitating three shampoos.
There are two reasons I'm not making my score a one. This mixture won't truly harm anyone's hair in the long run, even if it doesn't work out. Since college, I've been extremely careful with my hair, avoiding coloring, overwashing, and any products that might be too harsh on it. So, it could be that it didn't work for me because I really didn't need it and it might benefit people whose hair was in more of a state of distress. So, I'm putting my review out here for people with pretty okay hair. I wouldn't discourage anyone from trying this, but to just keep in mind that it might not be a one-size-fits-all solution.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 12/29/2009 12:15:00 PM More reviews by suchetab

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Absof***inglutely awesome!

This stuff leaves my hair feeling like silk!

I must say that I have altered the recipe a little bit. I mix 3 egg yellows, 3 tablespoons of coconut oil and a spoonful of Moroccan oil, some honey. You have to bring the egg yolk to room temperature otherwise it will solidify the coconut oil...so remember that. I coat every section of my hair from roots to the tip with this stuff using a hair-coloring brush. I guess that's why I need a lot of it. I put saran wrap (to avoid dripping) around my hair..imagine that :-) and leave it on for 20-30 minutes, wash and condition, blow dry. Don't use hot water when rinsing it out...you may have scrambled egg in the shower, Lol.

My hair looks and feels amazing....I can't stop touching my hair. Also it stays like that longer than normal shampooing.

I don't waste the egg white...I make an omelet with onions, green chilis, cilantro, salt, pepper. Hey, it's protein that your body could use for healthier hair! So why not?

18 out of 20 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 11/22/2009 10:50:00 AM More reviews by karen2829

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I did this last night after coloring my hair the day before.. I used the original formula and I am soo surprised at the great results. I have fine hair that is wavy so it tends to get frizzy. When I first put it on I was afraid it was not going to wash out because it was alittle sticky.. don't be afraid.. it washes it easy with regular shampoo. Immediately I noticed how soft my hair was.. then when it dried.. I saw the shinny.. fabulous ! I suggest reading the reviews below so you can get an all round idea of everyone's experience with this treatment. One in particular mentions not to use to often because the proteins can cause breakage.. I am going to this every 2 weeks.. I will update in a month to tell you all how it's going.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/22/2009 3:36:00 AM More reviews by JessicaJames

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I love the egg bomb! I love homemade beauty recipes too! I have been doing this for around 6 months. Less when my hair was dark (once a month), more now that it has been lightened (two times a month). Just depends. Cheap, effective, perfection! The combination works well with my hair and washes out...which normally doesn't happen very well when I just use say, coconut oil. I think I will mess around with the mixture a bit though overall excellent protein/moisture treatment.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/9/2009 1:10:00 PM More reviews by burs

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

The egg bomb works! I used the original recipe of 1 egg yolk, 2 tbs olive oil, and 1 tsp honey, and it was plenty to cover my thick, shoulder-length hair. I covered it with a shower cap and used the blow dryer to heat it up for a little while after I put it on. I ended up leaving it in overnight because I was too tired to wash and style it by the time I put it in. My boyfriend was over when I had it in, and I was telling him the ingredients and he said, "That sounds expensive!" I laughed and told him it was homemade so, in fact, it was dirt cheap. It actually works better than expensive products too. The next morning when I washed and styled my hair, it was extra soft and shiny. I'll definitely use this again especially since I have been switching to all natural and organic products.

8 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No