August 22, 2014 | 1968 users online

Gels/Soaps - LUSH - Rub rub rub showergel

image 0image 1image 2

rated 1 of 5 on 2/15/2011 8:59:00 AM More reviews by sophie_au

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I wish I'd read the reviews before I'd bought this, thankfully I only got the 100g size.

Rub Rub Rub is one of those dual-purpose products that completely fails to deliver. It's a terrible shower gel that doesn't lather at all and it's an inadequate body scrub because the salt is too fine-grained to exfoliate.

The bottle barely lasted me three uses and is terrible value for money. Additionally, while not a bad scent, the floral heaviness of the mimosa and jasmine doesn't work that well in conjunction with the bracing freshness of the lemon and salt though the poor performance is why I wouldn't buy again. Do yourself a favour and skip this product.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/15/2011 10:47:00 PM More reviews by Winnie15

Got this with Winter wonderland( one of Lush's Xmas hatboxes)...what is this thing supposed to do...it smells like...nothing, doesnt lather, doesnt work as a scrub, and has nothing in its favor but that its a pretty blue..
Oh yeah and my bottle gunked up on me and i had to spend half an hour with a straw trying to get the bottom sediment of salt to mix in with the top layer of...whatever it was.
An absolute dud from Lush. They dont have many, to their credit.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/27/2010 12:31:00 PM More reviews by nmaria0715

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Hate this stuff! Took it back, didn't know what I was I thinking when I tried it as the Lush counter. I guess the lady sold me. The smell didn't hit me until I showered with it at home. But to describe the scent in a nut shell, it smells like toilet bowl cleaner next to raid! And the smell will forever linger after your shower, well that's what it felt like to me. So you might as well use your household appliance cleaners as a duplicate if your interested..

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/3/2010 3:13:00 PM More reviews by lovermac

I love this product, but Lush recently changed the packaging from a bottle to a jar. I hate the new packaging. Now you have to try and unscrew this big jar in the shower. You have to worry about getting water in the jar. You pretty much have to put your wet hand in the jar to get the product out otherwise you would pour way too much out at one time. I knocked the jar down and lost half the product because the opening is so large. I liked the old bottle packaging. It was easy to pour on to the pouf. If it got a bit thick, you could unscrew the small cap and pour a small amount into your pouf. Please Lush, please go back to the old packaging. I may not purchase again due to the new packaging.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/9/2010 5:16:00 PM More reviews by JolieBelle

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other Eyes: Hazel

I like this product, and very much, for several reasons.

First, it is not a shower gel but a scrub, a sort of a two-in-one thing. For those who expected a shower gell, well, surprise surprise. although i can't see why wouldn't they be glad with this 'supplement'.

Second, it has a lovely texture and a delicate scent- fresh seabreeze and wild flowers, as i see it. The consistency is quite thick and grainy due to the sea salt.

I purchased this product because i was looking for a natural (or as natural as possible) exfoliator based on sea salt. this is the perfect one. it contains natural ingredients 90%, no preservatives, colorants or chemicals as such.

now, it REALLY does what it says; my first use was completely therapeutic, i took so much pleasure in the micro spheres of salt rubbing against my skin and working their way as a gentle peel. however, the baby skin surfaced at the second use, probably because i hadn't scrubbed in quite a long time (a few weeks). it actually gave me what previous reviews mention, that fresh, plump skin, unbelievably soft. it is very efficient on dry elbows and knees as well, but after a few uses only. don't expect the miracle to happen on the spot.

after scrubbing you're left with a wonderfully rich lather that washes off just like a delicate shower gel and does not leave the skin dry.

the only cons....i find that the salt dissolves too quickly for my taste, one, two, the lack of a pump, therefore squeezing the tube is a must and a hassle (slippery, hard to press, etc), and last but not the least, the price. it isn't an extremely expensive product but for the quantity, it's not cheap either.

i think i will continue purchasing as long as i won't find another sea salt-based scrub...

rated 4 of 5 on 5/18/2010 10:27:00 PM More reviews by saragracexo

the only reason i got this product was because the girl at our lush counter gave us samples and recommended it for our exima (or however you spell it) on our arms & i love it !
great product.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/14/2010 8:25:00 PM More reviews by 1987

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

OMG OMG OMG! This is probably my HG shower gel! I friggin' love this shower gel! It's simply the best ever! I just received one in the mail today...I'm soooo happy I got a big bottle! This stuff is amazing! Love the smell, color, feel, texture, everything! It's the best!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/4/2010 8:58:00 PM More reviews by pocky

I got this because I had heard that Rub Rub Rub smells a lot like Sakura Bathbomb, which I absolutely love. I don't know what mimosa should smell like so can't say if this shower gel has a true mimosa fragrance but if you love Sakara, you will love Rub Rub Rub. The two fragrances are very similar, but unlike Sakura, Rub Rub Rub doesn't linger on the skin after a shower. It's still a very nice fragrance and makes for a wonderful shower.

Most of us cringe when we think of putting lemon juice and salt on our precious skin, but the salt doesn't even come close to drying out my skin the way most bar soaps do, which was a pleasant surprise. My skin was silky, smooth, and soft right out of the shower. My only complaint, if you can call it that, is that this shower gel is just a shower gel. The fine sea salt dissolves instantly and can't give you much exfoliation. I actually prefer to squirt some onto a wet pouf and use it like a regular shower gel. When used this way, the shower gel lathers up rich and thick and little goes a long way. I personally would not use this as a shower scrub because it's just too expensive to waste that way. Squirt some on a pouf instead!

I have already repurchased my second bottle which should last me for a few months. This is definitely one of my favorite Lush products.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 4/10/2010 12:23:00 AM More reviews by sweetastroschick

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I really like this product, except for the very runny texture it has. but other than that i love the smell, and believe it or not, what it does to my hair! I have very oily hair and i can NEVER go a day without washing my hair without it looking like someone poured oil on my scalp lol. but this is amazing :) i will buy again!

oh and for my skin, it is so soft! but im not sure if its because or bc of the dream cream!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/26/2010 12:32:00 PM More reviews by olympialetantoli

Mimosa anyone?? Yes please! Rub rub rub is a wonderful pick me up in the morning before work or school, smells lovely like a summer cocktail with lemon and orange and hints of jasmine my all time favorite scent. The bits of salt are great for scrubbing up, a little goes a long way, very foamy and exfoliates. SKIN is totally soft after. The first time I used it i was shocked at how soft my skin wassssssss! I couldnt stop touching my arms...with this I never moisturized. FOR THOSE who loved SLAMMER this is the next best thing!!!