December 19, 2014 | 1635 users online

Gels/Soaps - LUSH - Rub rub rub showergel

image 0image 1image 2

rated 3 of 5 on 5/16/2011 1:12:00 AM More reviews by scarlettchan

I bought this for exfoliating my skin before I go sun tanning outdoor. I expect it can exfoliate more but the sea salt melt down very fast! If you want to exfoliate everyday, it will be good because it is not a harsh scrub. But if you want a scrub which can really exfoliate, this is not good. You have to use more products to really scrub you skin to get the effect you want. After all, this showel scrub smells good and fresh.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/13/2011 6:32:00 PM More reviews by theiriina

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

You can't get a good scrub out of this since the salt dissolves so easily in contact with wet skin. I prefer using Buffy or Aqua Mirabilis body butters for exfoliation.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/30/2011 6:21:00 AM More reviews by shelnmum

I got the 100ml tub as part of the Hello Gorgeous gift set. I used it up quite fast, in about 4-5 showers. I think I may have used too much each time. You either love or hate the scent, I have seen reviews that it smells like toilet cleaner, and I think it does, but it also reminds me of a clean and fresh toilet after it has been washed, didn't mean to sound gross but don't we all love a nice and clean toilet?;)

rated 4 of 5 on 2/20/2011 12:20:00 PM More reviews by sunday1966

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Neutral Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Black

A wonderful bodyscrub with a fresh, uplifting and invigorating smell. My skin feels soft and clean after using it, even though it melts away quite quickly when used in the shower. A mild, soft scrub which I will definitely buy again.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/15/2011 8:59:00 AM More reviews by sophie_au

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I wish I'd read the reviews before I'd bought this, thankfully I only got the 100g size.

Rub Rub Rub is one of those dual-purpose products that completely fails to deliver. It's a terrible shower gel that doesn't lather at all and it's an inadequate body scrub because the salt is too fine-grained to exfoliate.

The bottle barely lasted me three uses and is terrible value for money. Additionally, while not a bad scent, the floral heaviness of the mimosa and jasmine doesn't work that well in conjunction with the bracing freshness of the lemon and salt though the poor performance is why I wouldn't buy again. Do yourself a favour and skip this product.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/15/2011 10:47:00 PM More reviews by Winnie15

Got this with Winter wonderland( one of Lush's Xmas hatboxes)...what is this thing supposed to do...it smells like...nothing, doesnt lather, doesnt work as a scrub, and has nothing in its favor but that its a pretty blue..
Oh yeah and my bottle gunked up on me and i had to spend half an hour with a straw trying to get the bottom sediment of salt to mix in with the top layer of...whatever it was.
An absolute dud from Lush. They dont have many, to their credit.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/27/2010 12:31:00 PM More reviews by nmaria0715

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Hate this stuff! Took it back, didn't know what I was I thinking when I tried it as the Lush counter. I guess the lady sold me. The smell didn't hit me until I showered with it at home. But to describe the scent in a nut shell, it smells like toilet bowl cleaner next to raid! And the smell will forever linger after your shower, well that's what it felt like to me. So you might as well use your household appliance cleaners as a duplicate if your interested..

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/3/2010 3:13:00 PM More reviews by lovermac

I love this product, but Lush recently changed the packaging from a bottle to a jar. I hate the new packaging. Now you have to try and unscrew this big jar in the shower. You have to worry about getting water in the jar. You pretty much have to put your wet hand in the jar to get the product out otherwise you would pour way too much out at one time. I knocked the jar down and lost half the product because the opening is so large. I liked the old bottle packaging. It was easy to pour on to the pouf. If it got a bit thick, you could unscrew the small cap and pour a small amount into your pouf. Please Lush, please go back to the old packaging. I may not purchase again due to the new packaging.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/9/2010 5:16:00 PM More reviews by JolieBelle

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other Eyes: Hazel

I like this product, and very much, for several reasons.

First, it is not a shower gel but a scrub, a sort of a two-in-one thing. For those who expected a shower gell, well, surprise surprise. although i can't see why wouldn't they be glad with this 'supplement'.

Second, it has a lovely texture and a delicate scent- fresh seabreeze and wild flowers, as i see it. The consistency is quite thick and grainy due to the sea salt.

I purchased this product because i was looking for a natural (or as natural as possible) exfoliator based on sea salt. this is the perfect one. it contains natural ingredients 90%, no preservatives, colorants or chemicals as such.

now, it REALLY does what it says; my first use was completely therapeutic, i took so much pleasure in the micro spheres of salt rubbing against my skin and working their way as a gentle peel. however, the baby skin surfaced at the second use, probably because i hadn't scrubbed in quite a long time (a few weeks). it actually gave me what previous reviews mention, that fresh, plump skin, unbelievably soft. it is very efficient on dry elbows and knees as well, but after a few uses only. don't expect the miracle to happen on the spot.

after scrubbing you're left with a wonderfully rich lather that washes off just like a delicate shower gel and does not leave the skin dry.

the only cons....i find that the salt dissolves too quickly for my taste, one, two, the lack of a pump, therefore squeezing the tube is a must and a hassle (slippery, hard to press, etc), and last but not the least, the price. it isn't an extremely expensive product but for the quantity, it's not cheap either.

i think i will continue purchasing as long as i won't find another sea salt-based scrub...

rated 4 of 5 on 5/18/2010 10:27:00 PM More reviews by saragracexo

the only reason i got this product was because the girl at our lush counter gave us samples and recommended it for our exima (or however you spell it) on our arms & i love it !
great product.