October 22, 2014 | 2006 users online

Palettes - Kat Von D - Ludwig Palette

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/9/2010 12:14:00 PM More reviews by linhle777

This pallete is my second favorite from her line. I love everything about this pallete just dont like the green colors. It is not neccesarily the pallete's fault but more of my skin color. Makes me look like a hooker. I can never pull it off!! Even though I love green and want it to work so bad. When I make this work I will come back and bump back to five. So these shadows are the best ever hands down. Quality texture pigments everything. Its the shadow you have been looking for.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/8/2010 5:05:00 AM More reviews by Helen031

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

The quality of these shadows is great. Texture is really soft and really easy to apply. However, I find that I hardly ever reach for this palette. I have warm undertones and these shadows are really warm colored but they just don't look that flattering on me. Also despite the number of shadows, I can't achieve that much variety in looks with this. Usually, I end up with a variation of warm green, olive, really warm brown. I haven't used the dark matte shades on the ends either. Just not for me. Otherwise a good palette. Won't repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/7/2010 9:18:00 PM More reviews by trishmaggieful

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I love the colors in this palette! I love that you can switch up your look so easily, just but adding another color and you dont have to use very much, either. They have shimmer but not too much, people of all ages and skintones can wear this. I have wanted this forever; and never got it and I sort of forgot about it. Urban decay had a brown palette with a brown velvet cover (Naked, i think) and I wanted it, but it was all sold out. I remembered this one and just decided to do it! I wish that instead of 2 eyeshadow sponges they left the space open so you could put a brush there instead. I hope that KVD comes out with individual eyeshadows that you can buy instead of buying the palette with colors you dont really wear or a customizable eyeshadow like Stila or MAC.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/5/2010 3:58:00 PM More reviews by xmakemeoverx

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I got this as a birthday gift from my family partly because the name of the palette is actually my last name. Go figure! I originally was interested in the Beethoven palette but since I got this one instead I decided to try it and give it a shot. I'll admit I don't use it often and in some cases I probably should use it but something about the colors just doesn't lure me in. The shadows are highly pigmented and with primer these show up and are bold throughout the day, whatever color you're wearing. I will say that the greens are very nice and have restored my faith in green eye shadows. I typically avoid the color because I don't want to look like an elf and I didn't think they did anything for my brown eyes. I was pleasantly surprised to see how well the greens made my eyes sparkle. I also really like the two coppers and the yellow shade I use for my brow bone. The other colors I'm not too jazzed about. I used the black as an eyeliner because as an eye shadow it was a bit too intense for my complexion but even so it didn't show up as well as a typical eye pencil would. I used the brown in the crease, the outer corners, and as an eyeliner and while it did work I just didn't like it enough to keep using it consistently. The last color is a beige with slight shimmer and this is the color that I thought I'd be using for my brow bone but first off it barely shows up and second off when it does it looks too dark. It doesn't do anything for me. I guess all in all this is a decent palette with good quality shadows but only purchase it if you like those colors and you think you can find use for most of them. Otherwise go for one of her other palettes. She's got plenty to choose from.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/3/2010 2:13:00 AM More reviews by suanleba

creamy,good pigments,nice color,I have no reason to dissatisfaction

rated 4 of 5 on 9/3/2010 12:23:00 AM More reviews by coocoovanille

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I don't use many colors from this palette, even though I should, but the shimmery light one (Tequila, I think?) is my favorite browbone highlighter EVER. I don't know how I ever lived without it. It is worth the price of the whole palette. I do like this for travel since I can use the black for an eyeliner.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/30/2010 9:29:00 AM More reviews by natalielouiseee

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Blue

Lovely colours!
These are very pigmented, which is great in my opinion.
Great for everyday looks or night time looks.

They don't crease, they don't smudge, they last all day, etc.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/20/2010 10:12:00 PM More reviews by crimsonkimono

I own the Ludwig pallet (natural) The package is beautiful, even the covering it comes with is a wonderful surprise! it is a nice size and offers 8 shadows and 2 brushes. I love the colors that are included in this package! the colors range from matte to sheen, to shimmer, to metallic (but not overdone!) the colors are great for creating various smokey eye combos and if you add this with a decent gray and white you can get more combos. i'm interested in trying this pallet with purples. i will have to get back to you guys with pictures and more info as i use this product. i've owned it for about 2 months and i absolutely love it! i always use it with primer as i do with all shadows to get a long lasting look. i have tried this without a primer and it works well too it just takes an additional coat. the black is the perfect matte black! great for eyeliner too, i use it with a small angled brush and make a bit of a cat eye with it. very dramatic! this product is super blend-able!!! it is a little pricey for me but because the shadows are so pigmented and long lasting its worth the $35, especially if your new to the smokey eye combo look. it can get daunting looking for single shadows to make the perfect combination (and expensive). the brushes are not good brushes but all of the kits (except mac) brushes are usually like this. they are however great for lip brushes, especially on the go. so i wouldn't toss them! my sister has this too and she uses the brushes for eye liner and crease blending. overall this product is A+ and out of her other shadows (which are a little two shimmery for my tastes.. i generally like matte or soft shimmer shadows) this one is my all time favorite and i will always think of it as my go to shadow.

my only beef is that it has a lot of fallout (dust accumulation from shadow to mirror) during storage. so its best to brush or blow off excess residue so it doesnt mix with the other colors. the black and light colors are the only ones you really have to worry about

rated 4 of 5 on 8/20/2010 2:42:00 AM More reviews by reminescence

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love this palette! I use the green eyeshadows for my nights out and the shades Downtown & Baroque for my everyday look. It's really pigmented and the colors are beautiful. I got this from Sephora and used the $15 off a $35 purchase, so it wasn't too bad in terms of the price but it is pretty pricey, but the quality of the product is worth it!

rated 4 of 5 on 8/12/2010 12:23:00 AM More reviews by kricket3142

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

my boyfriend bought this for me this year for our 7th anniversay and i was really surprised at how well these shadows show up. very pigmented so you only need a little bit on the brush. the only thing that i didn't like was the two double ended applicators that came with the palette for me their quite useless unless i'm going to use them to line my eyes. overall great shadows!!!