Revlon Just Enough Buff

3.5

The Color is great for me....Its a pretty nude that fits most medium/tan skin tones. Has no funky smell. Needs a gloss for sure BUT....the bad thing is that it feels rough (it doesnt glide smoothly on the lips) and when it dries it leaves nasty edges on the lips even with the gloss (so you constantly have to check it so you dont dry out)...I really love the color....I just dont like the formula :( I WILL NOT BE BUYING THIS AGAIN...I'd rather use my soft nude revlon lipstick =]

on 6/13/2010 11:08:00 PM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

Peachy nude, VERY warm-toned (slightly orangeish on me). I would recommend this to medium to tan people. I am fair, and even though I am sporting a bit of a summer tan, this looked a little off on me. However, another month into summer and I think I will be able to wear it with confidence. A very pretty peach-nude shade that will look stunning with a smokey eye and peach blush or bronzer. Slightly glossy finish, no noticeable shimmer or sparkle, a winner in my book!

on 6/5/2010 1:30:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I've fallen into the nude lip craze and when I spotted this at my local grocery store I had to pick it. I already have Revlon's Nude Attitude and I have to admit it looks a lot like it, but with some sheen. I got this for $2.99 because my HEB usually puts out a $3 off coupon so I will definitely repurchase after I'm done with this tube. Like Nude Attitude, it's a peachy, beige color that's perfect with a smoldering smokey eye. I definitely don't use this alone unless I want to look like a crack head and I definitely can't use this without several applications and a smooth lip. Yes, if you have heavly pigmented lips you'll need to apply several coats, but that doesn't bother me much because it's so cheap. It's a great lipstick and I definitely recommend to all nude lip fans out there.

on 6/2/2010 10:41:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Warm

This color is a very pretty nude peachy color. I tried nude lips with a ton of other products and it just didn't work for I looked like i had plastic lips or something! it was just a very unnatural look for me.. so i found this and i love it plus the formula is somewhat moisturizing.

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

I've never had any luck with a drugstore lipstick... except maybe one of Maybelline's that I bought last winter. When I saw the ad with Halle Berry I decided I'd give it another shot, I'm such a sucker for peachy nudes. Like everyone else said, it pretty much looks nothing like the ad. It's very translucent and requires 3-4 coats before any color begins to build. At that point, it's already starting to look a little goopy. I don't understand why drugstore lipstick formulas can't be a tiny bit better, the color is always so uneven and the texture is just off. Even though it was only like $8 I still rated the price a 4 because I feel like it's too expensive for what you get. This lipstick should cost $3. I will probably only wear it with a gloss because the color is not very even, but it's not even really opaque enough to bother with the extra step. In fact, just skip this lipstick and wear the gloss alone.

on 5/23/2010 1:48:00 PM

I got this lipstick on sale at Shoppers Drug Mart for only 3.99$ when originally it costs I think 9.99$. I actually spent a lot of time looking for a nice sheer color because a lot of the lipsticks that Revlon had were frosts or another finish. I finally found one lipstick that I liked that was a creme finish and it was Just Enough Buff!! I thought that the lipstick was a very pretty and sheer peachy nude and it looked great both in the tube and when i swatched it. I find it to be almost just as sheer as MAC's Hue lipstick except Hue is more of a pinky nude versus peachy. The packaging isn't horrible for a drugstore lipstick, in my opinion but I'm still not a huge fan of it. Overall, i thought this lipstick is a GREAT shade for my skin tone and i think it looks very nice on its own and paired with a lipgloss or lipstick

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

I'm shocked at the so-so ratings for this lipstick, because it's one of my LOVES. I had a brief, hot fling with the Super Lustrous lipsticks, but my love for this one is the only one that's stood the test of time. I actually bought this on my search for a nude lipstick that worked for me (which has FINALLY ended with MAC Peachstock, btw), and this turned out to be not nude at all on me, but I LOVE it.

First of all, I have HIGHLY pigmented rosy-red-mauve (depending on the day, lol) lips, so most lipsticks that are lighter than my natural lipcolor either don't show up at all or just come off as the slightest tint. I'm pleased to say that this is one of the few lighter-toned lipsticks that does show up on me. The formula is pretty opaque and creamy (though not really moisturizing - I put on a very thin layer of Aquaphor first, like I do with almost all lipsticks) and on my lips it's a beautiful peachy-nude-y-but-not-light-enough-to-be-nude wonderfulness. It just looks really pretty, understated, and classy on my face, like it belongs there. I view it as a multitasker and a lipstick that goes with any eye makeup because it's subtle , yet brightens up my face - I pair it with a nude eyeshadow on the lid and winged black liner for a really pretty, simple, elegant look, or with a smoky eye for almost-nude-but-not-dead lips. Basically, this is the lipstick I reach for when I don't want to think, I just want to look GOOD.

on 3/30/2010 11:24:00 PM

I love this color on me, sometimes it looks nude and sometimes it looks slightly pink. Definitely an everyday color for me, but I will have to agree that the formula for this super lustrous seems different from all the others. I will repurchase though because I love the color!

on 3/8/2010 6:46:00 PM

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

I'm Asian and have light-medium skin tone. This looked really pretty in the tube and when I swatched it on my hand. But when it's on lips, it barely shows any color and it's too sheer. And something about the formula makes my lips look so chapped! It's not the color for me.

on 3/4/2010 7:27:00 AM

I was looking for something almost the same as my lip color, but slightly different. This lipstick is the exact same color, when i apply it, it didn't show up at all.

Popular Lipsticks