October 21, 2014 | 2024 users online

Sunscreen - Biore - UV Perfect Face Milk SPF 50+ PA+++ [REFORMULATED 2014]

See http://www.makeupalley.com/product/showreview.asp/ItemId=174845/UV-Perfect-Face-Milk-SPF-50+-PA++++-%28New-2014%29/Biore/Sunscreen for the reformulated version of this product as of spring 2014

rated 5 of 5 on 2/20/2012 6:01:00 AM More reviews by mjm88

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This has been a lifesaver for my oily skin! I use this as a primer and my makeup lasts all day!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/12/2012 2:26:00 AM More reviews by alexis007low

I will be using this super sunblock everytime I stepped out of my house. Usually I will apply the Sunplay hydrating sunblock with spf25 (in pink cap and white bottle packaging) when I decided not to go out. There are a few reasons why I have fallen in love with this Biore sunblock. Firstly, it is very sweat and water resistant. I remember I were doing the NS thing when I first tried on this and as soon as I tried it I know I will continue purchasing it until I have found a better sunblock. It doesn't make me oilier, neither do much of oil control. It makes make up last longer and a 40ml of this last me nearly 2 months. (Note: I never live with no sunblocks. That would be like suicide!) The price is more than just reasonable. Think about it, a 40ml of this only costs you about RM30. Great? Yeap. However, it has no hydrating effects which I desired in facial sunblock but you just simply can't get two great things at the same time (unless you have the luck). I have tried the other sunblocks of Biore (including the white packaging with only 30ml, also spf50) but none has changed my mind so I guess this will stay close to me for the next few months and I shall see what may come...

rated 4 of 5 on 2/11/2012 12:29:00 PM More reviews by Alexisher

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/9/2012 1:24:00 PM More reviews by amyfarrahfowler

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

If your skin truly is super oily, this is a sunscreen that is worthy of the HOLY GRAIL title. It's super light weight, does not leave a white cast, is ridiculously easy to apply, has no offensive scent, gives fantastic sun protection and does not contribute to additional oiliness.

My former favorite was Shiseido Senka but doing a side-by-side comparison test I can easily see and feel the Senka is heavier (both are SPF50).

Order on eBay if you have to. This is remarkable stuff if you have super oily skin.

UPDATE 12/18/2012 - I still absolutely LOVE this sunscreen and still feel it to be HG worthy... but I have a terrible time finding it. I have repurchased a couple/three times but then had trouble getting it so I had to try something else. Nothing really compared, especially for the price. I have one bottle still that I'm trying to use less often in order to stretch it out. If I can start finding it again, I'll go back to using this exclusively because it really is the best and especially for the price!

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 2/4/2012 7:59:00 PM More reviews by cassie11

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I was looking around for sunscreens that would protect my face from the SoCal sun, but also keep my oily skin in check. I came across this from reviews and went ahead and bought it on Ebay for $12. I,m so glad I did! I use this on days when I know I'm going to be in the sun for a long time.
    Pros:
    great UVA/UVB protection
    wonderful as a makeup base!
    no white cast at all
    very liqiudy so it is easy to blend into skin
    keeps my oilies down until removal
    good price

Cons:
    has strong alcohol smell
    you get a tiny amount 30ml, so have to order often if used daily

Because of the alcohol content, I would recommend this for oily/very oily non-sensitive skin. I would suggest using a oil cleanser to remove beacuse it stays that well on the skin. Water and soap woudn't cut it imo. I would buy this again becaue it's the best sunscreen I've used so far that isn't too expensive.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/27/2012 8:17:00 AM More reviews by solyacska

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This thing changed my life (as much as a makeup item can change one's life...). My skin is the devil - I have a very oily t-zone with super dry cheeks and undereye area. The only thing that's managed to control the oilies has been Estee Lauder Double Wear liquid, but even with that my forehead would start repelling foundation after a few hours. It was totally hopeless.

Enter Biore sunscreen - which I bought on ebay from a seller in Thailand for a very reasonable 10 including shipping. It arrived within two weeks (with a customs form filled out as an $2 gift, which made me laugh). I tried it on, the heavens opened, angels sang, etc. It spreads so well and smooths out my skin texture, probably because of the silicone in it. My skin hates silicone primers and retaliates with more grease, not with this one though. My makeup goes on amazingly smooth and even on top.

The oil control is beyond this world. After a 12 hour work day and a pole fitness session, my foundation was still intact with minimal oil, my drawn-on eyebrows were still on (what a godsend for those of us missing eyebrows...) and there was no gross caking up on my nose.

This is the most effective oil-control primer I've ever found and I'd buy it even if it didn't have spf. The only drawback I can think of is that my undereye area is way too dry for this, so I'm on the hunt for an eye cream with spf now.

This changed my skin so much I've ditched the ELDW and only wear concealer and MSFN now - my makeup still lasts just as well. Everyone with oily skin needs this!

10 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/22/2012 1:35:00 AM More reviews by lusciouspreciousluv

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Other

I can picture most women liking this. It has a thin, light consistency, non offensive smell, and doubles as a primer to *those that are partial to silicone primers*. Due to this, with my oily skin, this does not work well under my makeup contrary to most of the reviewers! If you aren't a fan of silicone/slip -like primers like myself underneath your makeup, I would not recommend this. Due to this, I'm going back to Shiseido sunscreen which doesn't leave my skin feeling so slippery like Biore, making my makeup slide right off my face within hours.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/22/2011 1:53:00 PM More reviews by dvdgal

I use this sunscreen after my beloved Sofina - Perfect UV (UV cut milk Extra Block) SPF 50 + PA +++ got discontinued.

Pros:
    - It has PA+++. SPF only block UVB rays, which can cause skin-related cancers. Only PA or PD are the measures of block UVA rays, which causes skin aging and skin darkening. Don't fall for nowadays marketing scheme about high SPF will prevent aging. It's not absolutely true!
    - It controls shine on oily skin so well that I would recommend non-oily skin ladies stay away from this sunscreen. It really sucks up all oil from your skin and leaves a very matte effect once it dries up. (guess this can be a con as well)
    - It hasn't broken me out yet. I've only been using it for a few weeks. I will update this review after a few months

Cons:
    - It's expensive in my opinions consider the amount I get from the package.
    - Hard to find. I bought it from amazon and it took 2 weeks to arrive.
    - Can be drying if you don't have oily skin.

I like this project so far. But the ultimate test would be summer time. So I will keep you ladies posted.

Updates on 08/05/2013
    I've tried other French, American and Japanese brands of sunscreen and still coming back to this one esp during summer. After two years of using it, it's proven that it won't break me out. If you happen to be in Asia, go to any Watsons or drugstore and it dirt cheap. :)

rated 4 of 5 on 12/17/2011 3:17:00 AM More reviews by lafytafy

A beautiful sunscreen. Never thought I was would use the two words in the same sentence. I used to be a sunscreen-phobe. All the ones that I had tried in the past were oily, greasy, left a white cast, or broke me out. I've been using Retin A, and my skin has definitely become more sensitive to the sun, so my search for a daily sunscreen began. I was using Sofina for a while (which is also great, but the one I like was being discontinued) and I decided to order the Biore after watching a youtube review from Mr Dizzy Bubbles (great channel btw! she gives very honest feedback), and I'm so glad I did! As many have mentioned before, this works GREAT as a primer, as it really does control my oil. However, it does leave a slight white cast. But it's a small price to pay since I'm loving the SPF 50+ PA+++ (which I was told meant that it was more broader spectrum?). It stings a bit upon application (but I think that's more attributed to the Retin A), but it goes away quickly. I remove it at night with my Ponds Cold Cream.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/2/2011 4:35:00 AM More reviews by parisrose

Been using this product for more than a year. The best sunscreen which I have ever used. Matt and actually helps in oil control I feel. It does leave a whitish film if not spread throughoutly enough.

But this only comes in one size and with the amount which i used daily, on my face and neck etc, i run out of this pretty fast. Should have a bigger bottle!