September 21, 2014 | 1896 users online

BB Cream - MISSHA - M Perfect Cover BB Cream

rated 3 of 5 on 4/27/2014 7:29:00 AM More reviews by sammylai

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

this bb cream is OKAY. foundations works better than this product. the coverage is medium. doesnt really build up for me even though i put more layers on.

it felt good at the start but during the day, started to get a bit oily on my face hence pimples.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/17/2014 11:01:00 AM More reviews by bih80

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I'm going to venture and say that this is my favorite BB cream to date. It has a few points that make it my favorite.

1- It's buildable - I can get nearly medium coverage with this. I have combination skin and when I'm having a good skin day I can skip the concealer by just applying this. I apply it with a flat-top kabuki brush and it glides well on my skin.

2 - Comes with a pump and it delivers the right amount of product. Seriously, just 2 pumps and I have enough for my entire face. It lasted me quite a while. I just ordered the smaller size that doesn't come with a pump but in a squeeze bottle. Both manners are conscientious of the user.

3 - Did not oxidize on my skin, stayed true to color even in our hot and humid Florida weather. I do add powder on top because again, Florida weather, around hour 5 I dab an oil pad over my oily spots which are my cheeks and chin and I'm good for another 5 hours.

4 - Did not break me out. Granted, I'm military about my skincare and I never slept with it but I'd venture to say that if you maintain a nice nighttime regiment you should be fine.

Great BB cream!

Cons: I can't say since I do not have very oily skin but if you're very oily it might not control oil enough for you, in which case I would recommend the Skin79 BB cream in the Pink Container.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/17/2014 7:39:00 AM More reviews by thalayli

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This BB cream was absolutely horrible for my skin. I started using it and was pleased with the colour and coverage, and two days later I broke out horribly with highly irritated and itchy acne. At first I attributed this to other factors, so I persisted with using it and my skin worsened (it was looking worse than it had in many years).
I stopped using it for a while and swapped to my regular foundation, breakout calmed down. Swapped back to BB Cream just to test my theory and immediately skin became very irritated.

Not sure what ingredient is responsible, but you couldn't pay me to put this product on my skin again, which is a pity because it does look good.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/16/2014 11:53:00 AM More reviews by zero347

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Made my skin look super perfect - poreless! And there was NO allergic reaction. I am able to use it even under my eyes without it accentuating fine lines or irritating my eyes. This did not break me out and the coverage is good enough to use without a concealer. It covered most discolorations including minor dark acne scars. The color matches were fine for me (Asian/Caucasian mixed using #21) without giving any of that weird grey cast that some sunscreens do. The product also blended fairly easily and did not require alot of rubbing to get it to blend into the skin which was also a plus. Overall I would definitely purchase this again as the sales on the official website make it not that expensive (around $20 USD) and you use only a small amount so the bottle would last forever. The pump dispersal also makes it hygienic and easy to use the correct amount for you.

The only con I would say is that depending on where you live it might only be available through the website so you would need to plan so you don't run out.

A word of warning though - Previously I had reviewed a bottle of this product which I had bought off Amazon and had a TERRIBLE allergic reaction (stinging, red eyes) within seconds of putting it on. However, I also stated that I suspected that what I had was a fake as the bottle and color descriptions etc. did not totally match even the Korean bottles confirmed as authentic. I purchased my current bottle from the official MISSHA website so there could be no question....Now I am 100% convinced that what I got from the Amazon seller was a Chinese copy containing who knows what. This is another product where you need to make sure you buy from a reputable source.

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 4/13/2014 8:33:00 PM More reviews by Sugarling

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Black

I bought this at a Showcase store when the BB cream hype hit Canada for roughly $30. I have it in shade 27 Honey Beige, and it fits my skin tone perfectly!! It was the darkest colour they had in the store, as I found the other tones way too light for me with grey/ashy-pink undertones, but #27 was the tannest, with a yellow-golden undertone. The coverage was medium, but could be built up to full if needed, and a little goes a very long way; a little after application, this BB cream oxidized to match my skin colour dead on. I still have a bit of the tube left after buying it last October. The pump was also why I gave it 5 lippies; it's hygienic and you can control the dispersal without any waste. It claims an SPF coverage of 42 which was another added bonus, with some whitening aspects, however I don't really feel myself being any lighter in tone (I'm just very tan in general). My skin is fairly oily and slightly acne-prone in the T-zone areas, (but nothing a loose powder won't fix), and I found it didn't break me out horribly at all. I absolutely love this BB cream (actually, my new HG coverage!!),and it was the first Asian-based one I've tried and will probably continue buying if I dare to venture out further. Unfortunately, the Showcase store stopped carrying this Missha BB, so I'll have to look online to purchase more but definitely re-buying when I run out!!

rated 3 of 5 on 4/9/2014 9:51:00 PM More reviews by caliya

I had high hopes for this product after researching about it to death before making a purchase. The price is a bit higher compared to other Korean BB creams but I was disappointed. The coverage is very sheer and it makes my skin look lifeless (almost like a zombie) due to the grey cast. On the brighter side, I like that it has SPF 42 and it did not give me irritation/break-outs. I'll be trying a Japanese BB cream soon and hoping that it would work since I have a yellow undertone.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/8/2014 2:30:00 PM More reviews by AnjieB

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I'm NC20 and wanted something lighter than my long wear foundation that provided some coverage and had a decent SPF. This has coverage, and a high SPF that also offers photo-stable UVA protection. It should have been awesome.

But this turned my fairly normal, if acne-prone, skin into the weirdest type of combination skin. It made my skin oily on the surface, and tight, dry, and flaky--all over. Severely dry and very oily, in the same spots, at the same time. I have enough skin care products buried in my bathroom cabinets that I figured I could handle any skin care issues whatsoever (a history of cystic acne is really only good for accumulating skin care products...) but NOTHING could fix the oily surface and the cracking, peeling skin under it. After a few days I started to break out despite the fact that my skin is usually clear this time of the month. Cosmetic grade mineral oil may not actually clog pores, but something in this concoction clogged mine badly. I've got no idea who I would recommend this for in terms of skin type, since it seems to bring about the worst of every possible skin condition, all at once.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/5/2014 2:28:00 PM More reviews by devonmoo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

For me, this BB cream is amaaazing. I am very, very pale. Most drugstore foundations do not sell a shade light enough for me. This BB cream in #13 is an absolutely perfect match for my skin tone. I am acne prone - this product does not break me out, and it has great coverage. I use it instead of foundation, applied with a light hand, because it is easy to overdo it - you do not need much. I will say that although this shade happens to fit me well, there are not many shades of this product, so it may be hard for some to find a color match. The only "con" for me is that I wish it was a bit cheaper. But luckily one tube lasts me a couple of months. All-in-all, I will continue to buy this product over and over again. :)

rated 3 of 5 on 4/4/2014 6:50:00 AM More reviews by Minirockss

I started off loving this product, but only because I didn't really have much experience with face makeup. After using it for half a year, I'd say I'm ready to give a review. Fyi, I'm currently no longer using this as I've found better alternatives.

First off, I used to love this because it evened out my skin tone and provided long-lasting great coverage. Plus, it had SPF42! Thumbs up to no need for sunscreen! But later, I decided this was not exactly what I wanted for daily wear. Let me just say that the colour is totally off. I used shade 23, and it was too grayish-pink on me. It made me look washed out, and it did not photograph well either. Since the shade was a total mismatch, I decided to try #27 for its yellow undertone. But guess what? It was WAY too dark for me and made me look orange. Big nono!

Secondly, this was a tad too greasy/heavy on me. The smell was also very strong! It smells like Johnson's baby powder. I'm okay with it, but let me just inform you guys that it takes quite a while for the scent to fade off.

To summarize it all:

Pros: Long-lasting, high coverage, smells good if you enjoy the Johnson's smell, decent oil control, SPF 42.

Cons: Can feel quite heavy, shades are a total mismatch for me (I have neutral/yellow undertones), those who dislike scented products will find this smell too strong

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 3/18/2014 11:58:00 AM More reviews by Lforde46

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

For all you gals concerned that this cream contains some mineral oil, a study conducted by the Journal of Cosmetic Dermatology declared that cosmetic grade mineral oil is NONCOMEDOGENIC in 2005. Industrial grade, yes, but not cosmetic grade. See this article: http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2005/05/050531075410.htm. If you're breaking out, don't get hung up on the mineral oil; look beyond that at the other ingredients to find the culprit.

Now that we got that out of the way, THIS STUFF IS AWESOME! I've tried lots of western BB creams but this stuff puts them to shame. It's so light and easy to apply, and leaves my skin with a nice dewy finish. I use Honey Beige on my neutral-to-slightly-warm-toned skin and I get great coverage out of it, it even hides my age spots. No break-outs or drying, but I have basically normal skin. I apply it using the RT Expert Face brush concentrating on my T-zone where I have surface redness and blending out to the edges. I've found it lasts the entire 9 hour work day. I've not tried to take it beyond that yet, but in my experience it hasn't started breaking down yet when I take it off. Will definitely buy again!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No