MAC Dazzleglass in Date Night

I was so excited when I saw this new gloss! I love everything from MAC so I had no doubt that I could add this to my list of favorites. I was really disappointed because I hate everything about it. It looks ok on but it is uncomfortable to wear, the brush is fraying, and it left a weird white ring around my mouth. I am so sad because I thought this gloss would be amazing but it is one of the worst glosses I have ever encountered.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Love, love, l-o-o-o-v-e the Dazzleglasses. As you can see from my age, I probably had no right to even take a peek at these, but well, one look and I was a goner. I bought three- Money Honey, Date Night, and Like Venus. Date Night is my favorite, and for a gloss with so much glimmer, it's actually fairly, dare I say it?- understated. It is a sheer, plummy red, but so sheer as to be subtle enough to wear in the daytime. Wears beautifully, doesn't leave a layer of frosty glitter, and is not at all gritty. Bravo, MAC! I am back in college after years and years away, and I will hold my head up high wearing Date Night with all of those lovely girls in the classroom envying the fab-o color. If these are limited editions, then I'd best scoot back to the store and snap up another dozen. This is one that I will be wearing when I'm 90,...yes, 90.

Date Night is part of the Dazzleglass collection, released in May '08. It's a beautiful sheer plum shade with blue and gold shimmer. It comes in the standard Dazzleglass packaging, which is longer and more elegant than the traditional MAC lipglass tubes. The Dazzleglasses have a brush applicator, similar to the Lustreglasses, which IMO, makes them easier to apply. It has the same smooth consistency as the other Dazzleglasses, and its glitter isn't gritty or uncomfortable. I will say that you may want to avoid major make-out sessions while wearing this, as it does leave a little shimmer behind on your SO's lips! I put this over the Lustre lippie Sophisto (a berry-wine shade with gold pearl), and it was gorgeous! I think that combo is actually great for a "date night", but this gloss can work well on its own or over another cooler-toned lippie. On its own, it appears like a cooler berry gloss with a bit more shimmer, but not in a disco-ball sort of way. I wish the Dazzleglasses would become part of the permanent line!

Recommended for Medium Skin