LUSH Silky Underwear Dusting Powder

4.3

Cornstarch (Zea mays), Kaolin, Fair Trade Cocoa Butter (Theobroma cacao), Magnesium Carbonate, Perfume, Jasmine Absolute (Jasminum officinale), Vetivert Oil (Vetiveria zizanoides), *Linalool.

Another reviewer said she could use regular baby powder with cornstarch for a heck of a lot cheaper, I'm going to agree. Smelled pretty good, but, Caress Powder smells just as great, IMO.
Was pretty moisturizing but I didn't notice exactly how much since I use Gold Bond softening lotion and that's ultra moisturizing.
The little cardboard container it came in was cute, but I was annoyed by the amount of powder that came out of the opening. I countered this by only opening the lid a teeny amount on my hand then smoothing it on body.

Worth a try, but I wouldn't buy it again.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I got this in a swap and I loved it, but I can still just use plain old baby powder with cornstarch(I think the packaging says like lavender/cornstarch, looks and feels like baby powder) instead and it's a hell of a lot cheaper. It was awesome to have it, I just can't justify spending that much money on something like that. That's really the only thing I have against it.

on 3/5/2009 2:13:00 PM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

Great stuff...weird shape can....but great...I prefer "dusting" powder to have an open top and a brush or puff....but like it nonetheless.

Nice smell, nice consistency....the price has increased recently though...

I would buy this again though for sure.

on 3/2/2009 9:21:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

for lovers of Butterball and Honey I Washed the Kids. A yummy but not over powering scent. The bits of cocoa butter makes this one very moisturizing on your skin. Skin feels amazingly soft all day long

on 1/30/2009 1:45:00 PM

I am only giving this 4 lippies since it used to be much better. I started buying this back in 2001 when it was about $4 a can. It smelled better then and had more bits of cocoa powder in it. Now its missing something scent-wise. But I still love it, the scent, the texture, etc. I used it all the time. Wish the container were better and the price were lower.

I was lucky enough to get this dusting powder instead, when I ordered Silky Underwear, solid perfume. I contacted Lush about the mix-up. The staff was so nice, they apologized, sent the solid perfume immediately (received it within two days) and told me to keep the dusting powder. Now that's some service! While waiting for the perfume, I indulged in this delicious dusting powder. True to its name, it feels very silky and intimate. The scent is subtle with a hint of vanilla and jasmine. It doesn't clash with my perfume, that's what I really like about it. But when I want to accentuate the scent I accompany it with the solid perfume.

Another positive thing is that this product is talc free. And it's vegan. Also, there's something sensual about dusting powders that appeals to me... I only use this DP occasionally when I have all the time in the world to pamper myself. I apply it in the bedroom, after shower. (this makes the room smell so good!) I dust a bit of the powder all over my body, as if sprinkling powdered sugar over a dessert. It's pure pleasure, so calming and luxurious...

Now I own this in both (old) orange and (new) black packaging. The new one is definitely more practical and nicer-looking. continued >>

Not a bad product. I love how it dries up any sweat you may have and it leaves a lingering scent (which is a very sexy scent I may add! I really like it). But the mess it makes when applying is almost laughable. It looks like I've got cocaine all over my floors after I apply this. I think I'll stick to good old fashioned baby powder and just buy the Silky Underwear perfume. Because honestly LUSH reeeeally needs to work on their packaging. That's honestly the only thing that is discouraging me from buying (or even using) this again.

on 12/23/2008 10:31:00 PM

This is okay, I don't use it a lot and don't see anything special about it. For the price and the quantity it was good to try.

on 12/19/2008 11:06:00 AM

I bought this because I love the SU scent. It feels silky smooth on just like I'd expect a powder to. However...I don't see much need for a powder and don't end up using it very much. Therefore I won't buy it again. But the scent and feel are great and I'd recommend this to someone who knows they love to use these types of powders.

on 12/9/2008 1:29:00 PM

I love how this product smells but I really don't use powder that often. It does make your skin soft and silky. I use it pre workout and have never had any issues with clumping. I would use this again, but mainly for the scent.

Top Rated LUSH Products