April 20, 2014 | 1337 users online

Moisturizers - Avocado Oil

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/7/2011 2:21:00 AM More reviews by emodel

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have the Aura Cacia Avocado Oil, it is not as dark green, more yellow I guess, not too thick either, but it might be processed, I am not sure. I`ve gotta say that this is fantastic on my skin!!! I apply it to damp face so that way it sinks in quick and 100%. I have never guessed this myself before seeing reviews online, but now my skin is beautiful, even, never break outs, 5stars! :-) My other big favorite is shea butter, the rest of the oils I have tried (almond, olive, jojoba) weren`t as good as this one for me, so I stick to Avocado... :-)))

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 2/7/2011 6:10:00 PM More reviews by elvia2189

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

First I would like to start with a warning about Avocado oil. Does NOT use this as a daytime moisturizer unless you know for a fact that you are not going out in the sun at all. It should only be used as a night time moisturizer. The reason I say this is because it is a cooking oil and the sun produces heat, those two do not make a good combo together and it will cause burning and extra sensitivity. Also do not let that scare you from trying it because it is truly a great product.

For myself I have thinning pink skin because of abuse of harsh skincare and makeup. About a year ago I swore off foundation and wanted to rehabilitate my skin. I have tried many oils and have to say avocado oil is one of my favorites. (Sunflower oil, EV Olive oil, Hempseed oil are very good on my ultra picky sensitive skin as well, but avocado the best).

It absorbs pretty quietly for an oil and gives adequate moisture. For me it has not clogged my pores (yet) and best of all it seriously reduces the pinkness in my skin because it helps with the development of collagen and other goodies to calm and thicken the skin.

It is a really great oil that I highly recommend. If you try it and feel like it is too oily then what you do is let it sink in for 5 to 10 mins then gently pat the extra oil with a tissue.

Lastly, I want to recommend not buying any avocado oil. The ones in the skin care section are usually refined and not as potent. The one I use is La Tourangelle Delicate Avocado oil. It is a deep green and is unrefined. Pretty much any avocado oil in the cooking section will be a hit.

The reason I did not give it a 5 was only because I do not want to jinx the results but it pretty much is a 5 star product.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/7/2011 5:42:00 PM More reviews by katiedid0985

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I bought some Aura Cacia Avocado Oil at Whole Foods to try as a winter moisturizer, as my face was very dry and my normal moisturizer and jojoba oil weren't helping enough. Unfortunately, it seems that it is too moisturizing for my face for every day use. It takes a very long time to absorb and even then my face feels a bit greasy. So while I wouldn't use it for daily use, I might put it on at night at a more intensive moisturizer and see how that works. It is also very good for my super dry feet, especially if I put it on at night and then wear cotton socks to bed. So overall a good product, just didn't turn out to be good for what I bought it for.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/24/2011 8:18:00 AM More reviews by lche

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

After reading glowing reviews I was very excited about this! However this made my dry cheeks go berserk, swell up and itchy. The texture of my skin became very uneven, bumpy (but very tiny red bumps that gave the impression of swelling unless you were looking very closely) and tender. The only my forehead and neck (the oily/normal) areas of skin did not change.

I recommended you patch test this overnight. Don't be fooled about how nice it feels on the skin or that your skin will adapt if your skin complains.

However it wasn't a complete waste of money because it tastes very nice and helped repair my inflamed skin by being drizzled over salad.

I bought melrose, organic avocado oil. It cost about $16.50 AU for smallish bottle. I feel it is on the expensive side but considering how expensive avocados are and it was organic it is to be expected.

For those that are unfortunate like me, I repaired the damage by slathering on dermeze eczema lotion and Hydraderm (sigma) cream.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 10/11/2010 10:06:00 PM More reviews by alicjakrol

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I love this. I use it on my (sparingly) on freshly washed and still damp face and I get no breakouts. Skin is very soft. Same effects as jojoba oil, just not as expensive.

I have tried this on my hair, which is fine to medium, and I find it too heavy. I prefer using jojoba oil on my hair.

Also, a few people asked why this helps control their oily skin: if skin is harshly washed (depending on each person) and dry, your skin will naturally produce oil (aka sebum) to compensate. Since you are appling oil on your face, you are replenishing the lost oil during washing, so your face will not need to overcompensate.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/20/2010 10:33:00 PM More reviews by winwoodgirl

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I've been using avocado oil as my nightly facial moisturizer for the past three months. Beautiful stuff. I cannot belive how it makes my skin glow. It's also smoothed out a few lines on my forehead . My skin is so soft too. I love it.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/1/2010 6:28:00 AM More reviews by alina83

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

I got cold unpressed avocado oil off ebay and have been using for a week so will come back to update if I have any adverse reactions, but so far I use it at night (not daytime, you'll burn). This works better for drier skin types. Cleared up dry patches and some scars are lighter. Oily so I only use a little bit. A bit thick for an oil so best applied right after showers. I use it for face and body for nighttime.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/18/2010 4:10:00 PM More reviews by harriss

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I bought a bottle from the local health food store--for $5!!!!--after reading all the positive reviews. My skin is dry so I don't have to worry about the acne problem some are complaining about. For me, this oil is an anti-aging miracle-worker. I apply it to my face every night. I used to--that's right, USED TO--have noticeable forehead and laugh lines. I can barely see them now. Plus my skin and lips are soft and supple. I have tried MANY expensive creams with minimal results. Nothing has worked like this oil and it is so very cheap. My one complaint--which I'm quite willing to put up with--is that it's greasy and takes a while to absord into the skin. Thus, I only put it on at night and first pin my bangs back so they too don't get greased. Often, to dilute the oil, I'll rinse my face first and then apply the oil while my face is still wet. Then I'll blot my face to remove the excess.
BRILLIANT STUFF!!!
****Adding update here. This time round I bought the avocado oil in the food section instead of the beauty section at the health food store. It's actually cheaper as well as greener and has a distinct smell. I THINK it's actually does more for my skin than the beauty bottled stuff..seems to absorb better and makes my skin softer but I can't swear that this is a fact. But, considering it's cheaper in the food isle, I'll stick to the green stuff.

14 out of 14 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 6/1/2010 11:56:00 AM More reviews by rubylarue

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Really love this for my hair and skin. I mix it with melted shea butter, and essential oils.
Makes my skin very soft - even my heels and cuticles. Easy and natural. Love it.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/20/2010 5:19:00 PM More reviews by JAMBAM

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I was led to both EVOO and jojoba oil through the reviews here and have been happy with both, especially jojoba oil. But with avocado oil I really feel like I've been led astray by the reviews. Not all, but a good portion of the many reviews make a distinction between processed and cold pressed unprocessed avocado oil and say that the cold pressed unprocessed is of a completely different color and texture.

This just didn't fit reality for me at all. I live in a major city, with multiple branches of Whole Foods, other health food stores etc. Found nothing but processed avocado oil, yes even at Whole Foods. So I ordered the cold pressed unprocessed online from two different reliable vendors. Color and texture exactly the same as the processed i got off the shelf. So I just don't get it. Really feel like a fool and like I was led into a wild goose chase by the hype.

The oil is ok. But I found nothing to recommend it over olive and jojoba oil, which I already like, hence my answer "no" to would I buy it again. It's certainly not worth sending away for some "special" kind of avocado oil that the reviews say you are supposed to get.