January 30, 2015 | 1916 users online

Pressed Powders - Cover Girl - Clean Fragrance Free Pressed Powder

image 0image 1image 2

• Price: $

rated 3 of 5 on 9/28/2008 6:28:00 PM More reviews by GameFox

I purchased this in hopes that it could get rid of the shine as well as give me the illusion of smoother skin. I'd say it does an alright job for both, but this tends to rub off VERY easily so I'm having to reapply. However, this does feel very clean as implied, being that it's light and fragrance-free. If I absolutely had to repurchase this I would, but not likely. All in all, this pressed powder is average.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 9/19/2008 4:05:00 PM More reviews by onegoodcat

After I finish applying the powder, it looks ok. Then after a short while my face gets oily. This does NOT do a good job in keeping the oil away.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/15/2008 1:34:00 AM More reviews by Bassclef

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I generally quite like this pressed powder. It can tend to look dusty/powdery if not well buffed. I don't wear foundation, so I can't speak to it's ability to set foundation, but it finishes off undereye concealer nicely. I have 225 Buff Beige, which isn't an exact match to me, but in the ballpark, which is enough because I find the powder mostly translucent. I use it with a flat-topped brush over bare moisturized face to mattify and even out pores/imperfections/skintone, then I use it to blot my T-zone throughout the day. Definitely light coverage, but works like a charm for blotting. Not HG, not a miracle powder, but gets the job done.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/18/2008 8:43:00 PM More reviews by ktu64

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I like the fragrance free part about this stuff, and the price. I haven't had too much experience with pressed powder, so I don't really know what to expect... But this stuff was definitely mattifying, with oil staying away longer than I expected. Didn't really set makeup, but its a very smooth, light powder that can make me look smooth anyways : ) Oh and also, this tended to rub off -_-

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/18/2008 8:50:00 PM More reviews by madmargeS

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

I love this powder! It really is fragrance free. I like that the shades coordinate with the Clean makeup shades, so I knew exactly which one would work for me (Creamy Natural). This powder is lightweight, and it controls oil very well for me for a long time (5-6 hours with no touch-ups). I would definitely buy this again.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 7/4/2008 8:13:00 AM More reviews by stitcheskisses

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Did nothing but drag my makeup all over my face and made me look"fuzzy".

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/20/2008 11:27:00 AM More reviews by catisland

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I'd always used the Fresh Look pressed powder and liked it very much, but I purchased this when our local CVS was out of the Fresh Look in my color and I really needed a new powder compact, and I actually prefer it. It's much less obviously powder than the Fresh Look and actually requires less touching up even on the hottest, most humid days. I use Classic Ivory, and the color is absolutely perfect -- not too pink, not too yellow. It's dirt cheap and CVS often runs BOGOs on CG powders and foundations, so often you're only paying about $3.00 per compact -- can't beat that.