Cover Girl Clean Fragrance Free Pressed Powder

Price: $

Price: $

on 11/7/2008 8:35:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I came to buy this product when I saw that Rihanna was the covergirl face for this product.
I was a little dissapointed by the colour, because all of them seem to look VERY LIGHT and when I bought something that looked close to my skin tone, it ended up being very light and made me look like I was sick.
This powder is really for wearing ontop of the Covergirl Gragrance free Foundation, but if wearing alone, you MUST wear a good moisturizer or else you will have flake spots on your skin.
I also thought that the green compact packaging was really cute and I love the size of the mirror.
But remember, dont put this on with the puff that they give you in the package because over time, oil gets onto the puff and your putting the oil onto the pressed powerder, eventuall creating a nasty film over the top.

This is an okay product, but I dont think I will buy it again.
If you wanna wear this product, buy a powder brush or use a blush brush to apply this.

on 10/11/2008 3:30:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Not Sure

Covergirl clean pressed powder...what a disaster!
I used to use the fragranced version about 2 years ago and i dont remember it being this bad.
I bought this version just two days ago when i went to shoppersdrugmart and they were having a promotion, if you bought two covergirl products they'd give you 2000 bonus optimun points so i grabbed this and a shadow on a whim.
First of all there is no consistensy of colour throughout the entire covergirl brand. A soft honey in trublend whipped, is different than softhoney in trublend liquid which is different in smoothers, which is different in clean liquid and pressed powders!
Extremely absurd eh?
well while this product gives a decent matte look to my face,
it has horrible coverage that needs to be caked on. Due to my oily skin i get a lot of breakouts (but not acne, just small zits all over the place), so coverage is a must. In order for coverage i need to cake some on with the poof and then continue adding more with the brush, and then buff. Once im happy with the coverage I look into the mirror and see a matte, fake, partially ORANGE face.
not the look i was going for,
so in conclusion Covergirl Clean pressed powder is a no no.
I dont want to throw this out so i think im just going to use it as a contour powder because it is matte.

on 9/28/2008 6:28:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I purchased this in hopes that it could get rid of the shine as well as give me the illusion of smoother skin. I'd say it does an alright job for both, but this tends to rub off VERY easily so I'm having to reapply. However, this does feel very clean as implied, being that it's light and fragrance-free. If I absolutely had to repurchase this I would, but not likely. All in all, this pressed powder is average.

on 9/19/2008 4:05:00 PM

After I finish applying the powder, it looks ok. Then after a short while my face gets oily. This does NOT do a good job in keeping the oil away.

on 9/15/2008 1:34:00 AM

I generally quite like this pressed powder. It can tend to look dusty/powdery if not well buffed. I don't wear foundation, so I can't speak to it's ability to set foundation, but it finishes off undereye concealer nicely. I have 225 Buff Beige, which isn't an exact match to me, but in the ballpark, which is enough because I find the powder mostly translucent. I use it with a flat-topped brush over bare moisturized face to mattify and even out pores/imperfections/skintone, then I use it to blot my T-zone throughout the day. Definitely light coverage, but works like a charm for blotting. Not HG, not a miracle powder, but gets the job done.

on 8/18/2008 8:43:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

I like the fragrance free part about this stuff, and the price. I haven't had too much experience with pressed powder, so I don't really know what to expect... But this stuff was definitely mattifying, with oil staying away longer than I expected. Didn't really set makeup, but its a very smooth, light powder that can make me look smooth anyways : ) Oh and also, this tended to rub off -_-

on 7/18/2008 8:50:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

I love this powder! It really is fragrance free. I like that the shades coordinate with the Clean makeup shades, so I knew exactly which one would work for me (Creamy Natural). This powder is lightweight, and it controls oil very well for me for a long time (5-6 hours with no touch-ups). I would definitely buy this again.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Did nothing but drag my makeup all over my face and made me look"fuzzy".

on 6/20/2008 11:27:00 AM

I'd always used the Fresh Look pressed powder and liked it very much, but I purchased this when our local CVS was out of the Fresh Look in my color and I really needed a new powder compact, and I actually prefer it. It's much less obviously powder than the Fresh Look and actually requires less touching up even on the hottest, most humid days. I use Classic Ivory, and the color is absolutely perfect -- not too pink, not too yellow. It's dirt cheap and CVS often runs BOGOs on CG powders and foundations, so often you're only paying about $3.00 per compact -- can't beat that.