September 2, 2014 | 1079 users online

Masks - Egg White Mask for Acne Skin

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 4/4/2011 5:05:00 AM More reviews by missichicki

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I decided to try this after reading reviews on here. I don't have problems with acne but my pores had gotten noticeably bigger.
Well after doing this mask 5 times a week for a few weeks now they are noticeably quite a bit smaller and my complexion looks so nice.
I whip up the white with some honey and apply it with a foundation brush that I use only for masks. After it dries I rinse off and combine the yellow with some honey and apply the same way. After that dries I usually just get in the shower to make sure everything washs totally off. It's kinda gross but well worth it. Works better than any other mask, store bought or spa.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/25/2011 2:35:00 AM More reviews by pinkfrost52

I have been using an egg white mask once a week for about 3 weeks now and I do notice the results afterwards. Simply separate the yolk and white of the egg and lightly beat the egg whites. Using an old foundation brush, brush an even layer of this on your face and wait till dry. (Your face should feel a bit tight), wash off with warm water and cleanser if you prefer and then with the yolk, apply that also with the same foundation brush used earlier in an even layer on skin and wait for a good 3-5 min. Wash all the egg yolk off and finish with you favourite moisturiser. After the mask, I notice that my pores appear alot smaller, my skin looks brighter and feels so much smoother. Alot of my blackheads are also reduced and the egg white also helps to reduce the oil on my T-Zone. Definitely try this out if your prone to breakouts. It's worth using and is super cheap!

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/12/2010 8:01:00 PM More reviews by Adriana265

I don't have acne, but I am rather blemish-prone (I have sensitive skin that reacts to just about everything). I also have normal/combo oily skin. My main purpose in using egg whites is for skin lightening, but I do like the added bonus of it controlling any oils in my t-zone.

I take some fresh egg whites, and a teaspoon of honey and mix evenly. I apply the mask with a clean foundation brush and sit and watch TV until I feel the mask drying, then rinse off with water. Whilst my skin doesn't look amazingly refreshed afterwards, I notice a reduction of oil on my face, and a reduction in the pores on my nose.

After that, I use the remaining egg yolk - apply it on my face and leave for 20 mins or so. The egg yolk is rich in lecithin, glycerin trinitrate fat, and vitellin; these things are found in some skin whitening products. Anyway, after 20 mins I rinse off with my regular cleanser and then moisturise with a thermal water spray.

My skin is left looking brighter and more plump with hydration. After using for a few months, I noticed my complexion become lighter and more even. Combined with my other skin lightening products (papaya soap, high SPF sunscreen & lemon masks), my skin is now so much whiter. I used to be an NC42-44 and am now between an NC25-30. Skin whitening the natural way!

I'd definately recommend those interested in oil control to try out the egg white mask, and those interested in moisture and skin lightening the egg yolk mask.

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/10/2010 11:05:00 PM More reviews by Jinhee

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Other, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

The good old egg white masks will never go out of style. I used this along with rice paste (crush rice to pulpy white and add hot water) for pimples during my teen and adolescent years. These days I like to add drops of Thayer's toners: lemon for more astringent and oomph, for instance. This works better as a weekly treatment and make sure to apply toner or moisturizer after rinsing off. Highly effective in oil control and tightening pores, but can be drying which can lead to more problems.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/10/2010 10:51:00 PM More reviews by lye013

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

An egg white mask does amazing things for my skin! It makes my pores appear smaller, aborbs excess oil and softens my skin! I do this usually once every week or fortnight and leaves my skin feeling super good. Never going back to store brought masks with all the nasty chemicals, sticking to good old eggs from now on. Super affordable too!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/7/2010 1:17:00 PM More reviews by xyoru

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Curly, Fine Eyes: Other

My mom used to make me do this as a child, but back then I didn't care about my skin and got lazy.
Years later, and after seeing so many reviews, I decided to give it a shot again.
I've been using it around 3 days now, and my skin is a lot less red and less oilier. I don't know if it has done anything for my acne, since I don't have a lot of breakouts.
But! It's cheap and works for me! :)

rated 5 of 5 on 10/26/2010 9:37:00 PM More reviews by jeckaa

AMAZINGGGGGG!!!
I was using Proactive (5 years) and i decided i didn't want my skin getting use to it, So i looked up homemade facials for combination skin.
THIS IS AMAZING!
It dries up the oil, and leave skin looking matte, it's amazing.
I have been using it for 3 days, and my skin is less red, my pimples are vanished & it makes skin so soft.
HIGHLY recommended!!
You wont regret it. :)

rated 4 of 5 on 10/24/2010 3:18:00 AM More reviews by MoonPrincess057

Just tried this for the first time - AWESOME!!

my skin is super oil, cystic acne on my cheeks, sensitive, post accutane, scarring, some rosacea, and lots of clogged pores on my nose and cheeks. I just whisked an egg white and slathered it on for 30 minutes. Everyone is right, instantly gives you a face lift and helps control oiliness! A few clogged pores even came to surface that i emptied (probably not the best idea, but whatev).

Screw spending $10-20+ on bottled masks with all those harsh chemicals. I will see how this works for me. I followed with the oatmeal scrub listed on here mixed with some Cetaphil to help calm any potential flareups. As long as things look as good as they do now, I will continue to use! Thanks MA!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 9/24/2010 1:50:00 AM More reviews by carolino

My Skin Type:
Oily, Acne-Prone

Climate I live in:
Very Humid & Hot

tips on making it work:
* Don't leave on too long... as soon as it is completely dry, wash it off. Leaving it on for too long ends up drying up the rest of my skin, thus producing more oil.

* Make sure your skin is ABSOLUTELY clean before applying it. Sounds obvious, but my friend ended up breaking out when she applied this mask on top of her oily t-zones -_-

* Apply only the egg whites, NOT the egg yolk. once again, sounds obvious - this is important because for some reason the egg yolk makes me break out, but not the egg white.

* Spot treat. If you have combo skin, use it on your t-zones only. If you are acne prone, cover it on top of acne areas. When I used it on my cheeks (with no acne) it just made my face produce more oils, and thus, more acne! So don't put it all over your face unless you really need it everywhere.

*wash it off with just water, using an acne cleanser to wash this mask off is way too drying.

* apply a light moisturizer as soon as you wash it off. To lessen the tightening feeling after using this mask.

Pro's:
+ Dries out stubborn Acne faster than any cleanser
+ Makes my skin appear less red and easier to cover up with makeup
+ calms my skin, so it's not overly oily or overly dry
+ cheap and fast

Con's:
- I just follow the tips above, and I don't have any other problems with this mask.

14 out of 14 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 9/23/2010 6:26:00 AM More reviews by jeniphooo

This stuff really works! Completely draws the redness out of my skin.