Just tried this for the first time - AWESOME!!
my skin is super oil, cystic acne on my cheeks, sensitive, post accutane, scarring, some rosacea, and lots of clogged pores on my nose and cheeks. I just whisked an egg white and slathered it on for 30 minutes. Everyone is right, instantly gives you a face lift and helps control oiliness! A few clogged pores even came to surface that i emptied (probably not the best idea, but whatev).
Screw spending $10-20+ on bottled masks with all those harsh chemicals. I will see how this works for me. I followed with the oatmeal scrub listed on here mixed with some Cetaphil to help calm any potential flareups. As long as things look as good as they do now, I will continue to use! Thanks MA!
My Skin Type:
Climate I live in:
Very Humid & Hot
tips on making it work:
* Don't leave on too long... as soon as it is completely dry, wash it off. Leaving it on for too long ends up drying up the rest of my skin, thus producing more oil.
* Make sure your skin is ABSOLUTELY clean before applying it. Sounds obvious, but my friend ended up breaking out when she applied this mask on top of her oily t-zones -_-
* Apply only the egg whites, NOT the egg yolk. once again, sounds obvious - this is important because for some reason the egg yolk makes me break out, but not the egg white.
* Spot treat. If you have combo skin, use it on your t-zones only. If you are acne prone, cover it on top of acne areas. When I used it on my cheeks (with no acne) it just made my face produce more oils, and thus, more acne! So don't put it all over your face unless you really need it everywhere.
*wash it off with just water, using an acne cleanser to wash this mask off is way too drying.
* apply a light moisturizer as soon as you wash it off. To lessen the tightening feeling after using this mask.
+ Dries out stubborn Acne faster than any cleanser
+ Makes my skin appear less red and easier to cover up with makeup
+ calms my skin, so it's not overly oily or overly dry
+ cheap and fast
- I just follow the tips above, and I don't have any other problems with this mask.
This stuff really works! Completely draws the redness out of my skin.
Yes, this DOES work, I saw it on a Dr. Oz episode... something about various home remedies being fact or fiction. He said there is science behind the egg white mask and it DOES work because there is a certain amino acid in the egg white that our skin needs.
I've only done it twice though. the first time i did it only on half my face and I could seen an immediate (subtle) difference in that side vs the other, untreated, side.
I like using this in conjunction with toilet paper... I just whip it up in a bowl and put it all over my face and then layer sections of TP over my face, add another layer of the egg white. I let it dry till it's like paper mache' and then peel it off and it helps to tone and tighten my skin as well as removes blackheads! I find this method works better than the Biore' Pore Stripes and it doesn't hurt... at all (unlike the stripes!). Follow with the egg yellows (like a mask, then rinse) for added moisturizing or just use regular moisturizer (or both) because your skin will be a bit dry.
It makes my skin feel really soft and toned. But it can leave my face feeling a little dry so I have to use a moisturizer afterwards.
Unlike other reviewers, I review how things work for me. I use the egg WHITE with lemon juice or sometimes oatmeal or just by it's self. It makes my face feel toned and smooth. I enjoy it as a mask and have used it for 20 years without problems. I really get tired of reviews by people that know all, just tell me how you use it and how it worked for YOU.
I just did an egg white mask the other day for the sake of it, to revitalize my skin I guess. It's been really clear lately but I wanted to give it a try. It gave me the angriest and ONLY cystic pimple I've had in at least nine months. I'm keeping this crap away from my face.
I used it yesterday for the first time. First white, then yolk. I could tell that yolk moisturizes, but I did feel that my face was still a bit dry so I put on a bit of my moisturiser.
My skin feels fresh and nice, but the best thing is that its suuuupersoft. I have blackheads in my T-zone and usually when I go with my fingers over them I can feel them, I dont know how to describe that, but everyone who has them probably knows what Im talking about. After this mask skin in my T-tone feels just like the skin on my cheeks. I know I shouldnt, but I cant stop touching my face :))
P.S. I apologize for my grammar, english is not my mother language :)
I use this about once or twice a week and its like a temporary facelift and helps control my extremely oily acne prone sensitive skin (What a combo huh?) The key is to beat the egg whites and to use the foam that is created. After use the yolk as a natural moisturizer to help control oil formation afterwards. A great natural and cheap option.