October 24, 2014 | 1894 users online

Masks - Egg White Mask for Acne

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 11/13/2011 12:38:00 AM More reviews by nkar23

Love love love making this mask. i've tried different variations of it. I used to seperate yellows and whites, but i just mix them both now, whisk with a fork and apply with cotton pads, leaving it on until it feels tight then washing off with an exfoliant. make sure to follow up with a moisturizing lotion as it may dry skin out.
but on the whole, this is a great cheap and readily available at home mask that is easy to make and apply.
when you take it off, it makes your skin feel clean and bright. and balanced. i would recommend it and i use it often. yes it can get kinda messy and i do prefer premade masks in tubes, but they arent that effective--or theyre effective at first then over time start becoming less effective. this is better than those premade masks.
***EDIT: I also mix in a couple drops of lemon juice too. it helps with balancing oil and fading marks. I follow up with a thick moisturizing cream. great mask. my favorite. CHEAP and EFFECTIVE!!! i have stopped buying premade masks in tubes. (if you're looking for a good premade mask in a tube, Aveda's are great though, BTW) but this is cost effective and easy to make for me. sticking with it!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 9/15/2011 9:30:00 PM More reviews by checotah44

I tried this as one person did. Cracked an egg, separated it and painted the egg white on my face with clean foundation brush. Due to time constraints, I was only able to keep on my face ten minutes but it did dry. When I rinsed it off, I had this HUGE white head pimple mountain on my outer cheek (where I don't ever have any problems). Will never use again.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/11/2011 5:00:00 PM More reviews by nikkyqtmi

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is my first MA review and I felt I had to because this mask has HUGELY contributed to being 100% cystic acne free. I've always been one to have very light blackheads around my nose, an ocassional whitehead, and maybe ONE cystic acne pimple around that time of the month, BUT SUDDENLY angry cystic acne started appearing on a regular basis all throughout the month. It started with one or two (at the same time) and progressed in the past five or six months to 4 or 5 angry, inflamed, painful cysts at the same time. I would have started looking more aggressively for cures when this whole nightmare first began had I known then what I know now, which is that cystic acne will get worse over time if you don't stop it (somehow) in its tracks.

Well by now I've been getting desperate, trying everything I could possibly find reviews or research for that could help. I've tried ACV (topically and internally), lemon water, yeast killing pills, fish oil, honey masks (not on a regular basis though), lavender oil, diet changes (no dairy/milk/cheese, no chocolate, no caffeine, no refined sugar), etc. WELL I finally came across the egg white mask, AND THANK SWEET BABY JESUS that I did. I decided that I was going to do it every night for a week as an experiment. Well after the first three nights it seemed that the cysts that were already there got really pissed off about the egg white masks, and seemed almost more inflamed. Yet I noticed any whiteheads or blackheads were considerably softened or dried out. So I kept going.

Long story, less long, day 7 NO CYSTIC ACNE. Skin is calm and other than one whitehead on my face, this is nothing short of a miracle that I have gone 7+ days without a new cyst and all the ones I had are now gone. I am not exxagerating in ANY WAY. By beginning of July '11 I was getting AT LEAST one or two NEW cysts every single day or as soon as one cyst would dissipate (after forcefully popping).

So, here's my routine, because I'm not sure that it's just the egg white mask, BUT I believe it is because everything in my routine (except the egg white mask and macadamia nut oil, I was already doing with little to no real results for months and months prior). I will say that I simultaneously got very religious with my honey/cinnamon masks and now I rarely if ever skip a day of it.

Daily/Morning:
-PRAYER lol - yes I started adding in a prayer about my skin!! ;)
-Wash face with glycerine vitamin e soap (some mornings I skip this)
-Honey & Cinnamon mask first thing in the morning 5-15min or longer if I have the time. Rinse it off with lukewarm water in the shower.
-Tone face with green tea or w/ George's 100% aloe vera liquid
-Apply a thin layer of organic, unrefined Macadamia Nut Oil to moisturize
-Blot face to absorb excess oil, then apply makeup

Nightly:
-Use organic Jojoba oil to remove makeup
-Wash face with glycerine vitamin e soap (I never skip this at night)
-Whipped egg white mixed with a good squeeze of lemon applied to face, allowed to dry and sit for at least 20 min, but I've let it sit for up to an hour...sometimes longer if I'm watching tv or talking on the phone.
-Tone with green tea or w/ George's 100% aloe vera liquid
-Apply a thin layer of organic, unrefined Macadamia Nut Oil to moisturize
-(If you have any active whiteheads or cysts you can add a drop of lavender oil directly to the infected area(s) at this time.)
-I've also done one lactic acid peel and plan on doing one (30% concentration) at least twice a week from now on to start healing scars/exfoliating from the past cystic acne. I wouldn't recommend lactic acid peels if you haven't cleared/healed your acne yet because it will irritate it or make it bleed/scab. I bought my lactic acid peel on ebay, and another 40% version on Makeup Artists Choice website which I haven't worked my way up to using yet.

The egg white mask is definitely worth trying if you've tried everything and if you want a possible cure for cystic acne. I would also suggest getting a grip on stress in your life...as I feel it's definitely aggravated the acne. I've also completely eliminated dairy/cheese/milk/ice cream/butter from my diet with the exception of very, very tiny servings of it if I'm dining out, visiting a friend, etc. Through the process of elimination I've found that I'm ok with organic dark chocolate, sugar, caffeine in very small/moderate amounts.

Hope this helps someone. Cystic acne can be devastating. Peace and love dearies. UPDATE: Well the egg white mask stopped working so I had to think what else I was doing for that first week that it worked so wonderfully and I FORGOT that I started eating 1/2 a steamed sweet potato per day and was eating lots of organic carrots that week as well (for their beta carotene/vitamin A/anti inflammatory properties) and I'm starting to think those were the real kicker for the cystic acne. I just started back with the carrots and sweet potatoes this week and started using organic ginger tea as a toner (which seems to work almost instantly for calming down cysts) so I'll update with results. Still not going to give up the egg white mask because it makes my skin look and feel amazing after use.

21 out of 24 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/30/2011 5:36:00 AM More reviews by charlies04

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I've been having lots of spots recently, I asked my brother to rate my skin out of 5 (him being the most objective person i know)-5 being perfect skin and 1 being severe acne. He rated it 3.5-So my skin is pretty good to normal but with the odd regular spots and heat bumps. So for the past couple of weeks i've been trying this egg mask (which is simply eggs whites whisked with a fork to make them frothy-then applied to the problem skin, using a make-up brush, and covered over with tissues until the tissue dries (about 5-10 minutes)). I would advise you do not do this when your boyfriend is around cos it looks ridiculous. lol. The first time I did this I used my 187 MAC brush....but for precise application on the problem spots I would use something more like a concealer brush. And then moisturize immediately afterwards. I did not notice any real improvement in my spots but my skin definitely felt less aggravated and looked far smoother-in fact that day I had two compliments about how pretty my skin looked from complete strangers (which is a bit odd for me)-so even though I didn't see a great improvement in my spots it obviously did not do any harm to my skin as a whole! So its worth ago, in my opinion, even if it isn't exactly a miracle cure.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/30/2011 3:31:00 AM More reviews by sweet_like_honey

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

I mix a bit of egg whites with freshly used coffee grounds in the morning and leave the mask on my face for 5-10 min. The egg whites brighten my complexion and help clear and shrink pores, while the coffee grounds help de-puff my face when I retain extra water and also double as exfoliating beads when it's time to rinse the mask off. My skin definitely looks and feels smoother and softer after this mask- and it's so cheap and easy to make sinc I make coffee every morning and have eggs in the fridge anyway. I love it!

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 6/24/2011 3:40:00 AM More reviews by rach2111

I tried this today for the first time after reading reviews on MUA and am well impressed by how effective it is at reducing the size of large pores on my nose. It was surprisingly easy to remove too and left my skin feeling nice and clean. Will definitely be using on a regular basis from now on!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/17/2011 3:47:00 AM More reviews by ANZology

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

There really isn't much I can say that hasn't already been written many, many times. I will, however, say this for anyone that is plagued with PCOS skin problems:

Don't feel defeated by the stubborn cystic acne. The egg whites mask will not get rid of all the cysts, but it WILL help. Surprisingly, the egg whites really ease the pain of some of the bumps. Seriously, there have been times that it was so painful that I couldn't get to sleep at night. But, when I started to apply the egg whites to the irritated areas, the pain was greatly decreased, and sometimes gone completely. And upon washing the whites off the following morning, the area would look less irritated. This is probably the easiest and most inexpensive help you will get for your skin. This CAN be over drying for some skin types. Just apply directly to the problem area only, and you should be fine.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/15/2011 4:04:00 PM More reviews by hep

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I add honey(an antibacterial and skin softener) to this mask when I use it. I love it, works great! Though I do have to used moisturizer immediately after.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/15/2011 3:57:00 PM More reviews by JayLammMD

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I've used this mask for over 30 years now, and it has never let me down. Also it's probably the ONLY mask that I would feel comfortable using the day or evening of a big event. I've never had it break me out or cause redness. I love the instant face lift effect and brightening effect that this natural remedy gives. My all time favorite beauty treat. And I've tried to many to count.

6 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 6/15/2011 3:46:00 PM More reviews by smplyro

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is the GREATEST most CHEAPEST mask i have ever used.
(If you can steam your face before using it that can help to open up pores.) I separated the egg white from the egg yolk and whisked it for about 30 seconds to a minute (til it gets a little frothy) then i applied it to my face using a foundation brush. I then put toilet paper on piece by piece then i went back over the tissue with more of the egg white. Let it sit for about 20-30 minutes (it gets very tight) then i pulled it off and washed my face. You instantly see the difference with your face and it makes your skin SUPER SOFT. Its awesome and best of all its dirt cheap.