Jane Iredale Handi Brush

4.9

Not tested on animals

on 1/24/2010 2:45:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

When I first got this brush I was not a fan, it shed and shed. So I gave it a through cleaning and really worked out all the extra 'hairs' and now I must say it is a very HANDI little brush to have indeed :-) I use it to blend out after I contour and sometimes I will also spray my hydrator/makeup setter on it for an even application. Great brush!

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

Amazing, my favorite brush...

on 11/6/2009 8:56:00 PM

This is the BEST brush out there. So soft. I keep losing them and I just bought another but believe me, they last forever. It's true, I have about 4 of these and I have never seen a hair fall from these brushes. They are the softest I have ever used. Great for sensitive skin. I use them almost daily. They wash well too and keep their shape. I can't say enough good things about this brush. They are pricey though.

on 10/9/2009 11:48:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Cool

I got this brush in 2002 and have used it everyday since. It has never shed a single hair, the brush is really easy to hold and nice and compact for carrying around with me in my purse. I wash it with shampoo and condition it with my Smashbox cleaner and it is good as new. Beautiful brush!!!

on 10/8/2009 4:54:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

The hair is really soft so feels gentle on the face, 1000x better than the Loreal mineral powder brush.
The hair on the brush forms into a flat surface, unlike other kabuki foundation brushes have round tip, so it's really easy to apply the JI pressed powder.
I use cetaphil gentle cleanser to wash my brush once a couple months with cold water... it does the job well.
I said YES to buying this product again but honestly i don't think you would ever need to cause I've never seen a hair fallen off my brush in 2 years.

on 9/11/2009 5:21:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

This brush deserves a special mention. I've had mine since 2001. I have used it every single day (whether I am using JI products or not), and it is as soft as when I first bought it, despite countless washings. Even though I use those blunt tips against my skin, it never stings, and there has been absolutely no shedding. I love the almost-unvarnished handle, which allows for easy gripping (unlike some brushes that are slippery).

I cannot recommend this brush highly enough for pressed powder and blush application. I even use it to lightly distribute Make Up Forever High Definition Powder to the tops of cheekbones and at the top of my forehead. I adore this brush, and even though I say I'd buy again, I doubt I will need to because it is so well made.

on 8/19/2009 11:41:00 AM

Awesome brush. It feels so nice and smooth and the skin and does not irritate my sensitive skin at all. I never thought I'd write a review of a brush, but this one deserves it! It is lovely.

on 5/7/2009 5:44:00 PM

As a person who works with and sells Jane Iredale products, I cannot tell you how many times I reach for this little miracle in the course of the day. Perfect for all powders, give your eye's a light sweep after applying eyeshadow, small and compact, the list goes on. I recommend this to all of my clients for applying the Amazing base, Pressed Powder, blending in Dream Tint or the Liquid Foundation. I have never had one customer unhappy with their purchase and it can also be used with the 24k gold for the body if you want a bit more of an intense sheen. Try it with the gold dust in your hair, it works.

on 5/6/2009 3:01:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

This little brush is a life-saver.
i use it to apply my daily mineral make up (jane iredale's amazing base, colour ivory)
it gives an amazing smooth and natural finish
no hairs fall out of the brush which is also awesome (i have had this problem heaps of times with good quality brushes in the past)
i am yet to have found a more efficient brush
the price is fine considering if you take good care of it (i recommend washing it with a mild cleanser, not shampoo and as a daily measure, using JI's mist to keep it hygienic.)
this brush allows you to build up just the right amount of coverage.
it's wonderful
does not clog pores and i have no reaction to the alleged squirrel and pony hair that its made from
total thumbs up, a purchase you WILL NOT regret :)

on 4/24/2009 5:38:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I really like this product. The bristles are very smooth and it doesn't tug my skin like other brushes tend to do. It picked up the right amount of powder, and blends really well! I'm very pleased with it!

Top Rated Jane Iredale Products