September 2, 2014 | 1523 users online

Styling Products - John Frieda - Luxurious Volume Thickening Mousse

rated 4 of 5 on 2/5/2009 3:11:00 PM More reviews by emyj

Great stuff. I have fine hair but doesn't damage it or dry it out in any way and Ive been using it for about a month. Definitely gives me a boost and thicker hair that last all day.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/5/2009 9:06:00 AM More reviews by dorilob

I agree with the other reviewer. This product dried out my thin, fine hair. It did add volume but my hair can't tolerate this product on a regulat basis. Maybe I will use it once in a while but other than that, no way.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/5/2009 1:46:00 AM More reviews by alittle722

while this product did provide me with lots of volume, my hair was so dry and brittle it wasnt even worth having the volume! i have super fine and thin hair so harsh products really ruin its natural softness and shine, this product is not something i would recommend to someone with similar hair.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/3/2009 2:20:00 AM More reviews by charb3

Okay... so far, not impressed. My hair is definitely full, but really dry and brittle and hard to manage. It's one of those hair days where the only way to tame it is to pull it back into a barrette or pony tail because it's just too full to do anything else with. I like to run my fingers through my hair and this certainly does not allow me to do so without it feeling sticky.

I've returned this product as I hated how artificial my hair felt.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/21/2009 4:11:00 PM More reviews by SkittlesNblowpops

This leaves my flat damaged hair full and volumious! Does not weigh my hair down or leave me with that yucky stiffness one usually gets from mousse (as long as you apply a small amount, a little does go a long way). Another plus is you get results fast. None of that "overtime you'll notice..." stuff. My hair is left soft, thick, and big.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/21/2009 12:42:00 PM More reviews by cdmanl1982

This is an awesome product! A little goes a long way and the smell is great. I have used several luxury brand mousses and this ranks among the best of them. The best $6 I have ever spent.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/19/2009 10:38:00 AM More reviews by purplefrontline

Everything positive that previous reviewers have said is true!!! My hair is very straight and thin and this mousse gives it just the right amount of volume without being crunchy. I will definitely repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/15/2009 8:19:00 PM More reviews by SilverChez

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Fine Eyes: Hazel

HG bodifying mousse for fine hair!!

John Frieda's luxurious volume mousse is decently priced--about 6 or 7 dollars--and widely available at drugstores.

The consistency is very creamy yet lightweight foam. After blowdrying with a round brush (and also upside down), this mouse gives my hair crazy volume! Almost looks like I teased my hair!!! :) This isn't heavy or crunchy like other root boosters or mousses I've used (Redken GUTS, TiGi Catwalk rootboost).

So far it doesn't seem to dry my hair or buildup and doesn't leave a lingering scent. This is a HG for my fine, limp, chin-length hair! :)

rated 3 of 5 on 1/13/2009 5:53:00 PM More reviews by marley100

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This mousse definitely makes my hair feel and look thicker. Previously, I had been using Kerastase Volumactive. (By way of reference, I have fine hair, though a lot of it. It's straight and chin length.)

The John Frieda mousse is more volumizing than the Kerastase. But the Kerastase made my hair far shinier and the smell was way better: cleaner, and less perfumey than the John Frieda.

Still, volume is what I'm after so the John Frieda would still win out, especially since it's way cheaper. Except that the John Frieda mousse irritated my eyes. I have to make sure I thoroughly wash my hands after applying it, and even then.... But of course, all that's a very individual sensitivity. It definitely gives a lot of volume.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/12/2009 4:51:00 PM More reviews by marlavm

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Over the past month I've been test driving the John Freida, Paul Mitchell and Rusk volumizing mousses. I was REALLY disappointed with the Mitchell and Rusk products -- NO volume, NO hold, NO nothing -- total waste of money for both of them. Thank goodness for the John Freida -- who knew that a product that costs half of the others would come through...but it did. I have very thick, heavy hair and this does a very nice job. Give it a try.