November 22, 2014 | 907 users online

Liquid - Shu Uemura - Face Architect Smoothing Fluid Foundation ] [DISCONTINUED]

image 0image 1image 2

This product has been discontinued

rated 5 of 5 on 3/6/2011 9:18:00 AM More reviews by Sarraaa

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Grey

I love this foundation !! Covers up small bumps, little acne scars and redness. Don't need concealer when I use this. It lasts a whole workday (8h) Doesnt break me out.. I might have the wrong shade, I use 754 and it's a little bit light, but I can make it work.. When I run out I'll try a shade darker tho, but overall this foundation is lovely and I have only good things to say about this

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/23/2011 6:56:00 AM More reviews by Yamada70

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

After reading the reviews on MUA, I was really excited to try this foundation. I had purchased a few items from Shu Uemura & the SA gave me a few samples to try because I didn't want to commit buying yet.
    I am shade 764, the color seems a little dark on me at first, but it settles in nicely. It's hydrating & smooth, very comfortable to wear without the mask non-breathable pore clogging feeling. It has light to medium coverage & fortunately my skin didn't disagree with it. There isn't a heavy scent to the foundation, and the consistency is moderately viscous/runny. The formula blends easily & doesn't set quickly.The color doesn't oxidise/darken over time and has a dewy soft finish.

Unfortunately, I found this foundation didn't stay on for very long for me, especially around the nose area, even with setting it with loose powder. It even transferred easily, which was a disappointment.
    I am tempted to try the cream version of this foundation, but I am cautious of the finger dipping pot & having to use a spatula to dig out the foundation is kind of tedious for me.
    This foundation is marked up excessively compared to Asian countries, which also puts me off purchasing it here in Australia.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/22/2011 7:14:00 PM More reviews by moole

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Other Eyes: Black

This is THE HG for me. It blends really well, hydrating, providing super smooth texture. I got it in the Medium Sand shade, it's a bit yellowy but it matches my skin so it's not really a problem. I'm putting it on half of my face and I can't tell where it ends and where it begins, even up close - no streaks, no cake, no lines.
    It does what a normal foundation do : even out skin tone, help with large pores and scars. What is impressive about it is the smooth texture, making skin very soft and the dewy finish. It's also very light, I would say it's a sheer to medium coverage, buildable.
    It's pretty expensive ($44 for 0.9 fl) but I love it so much. I will wear it to work and see how long it holds.
    -------
    UPDATE : After 1 week of using it, I found that it blends REALLY REALLY well, as in you need even less than half a pump and it covers all your face and neck. Awesome on that, so even though it's expensive I think it would still last because the amount I use every time is less than other foundation products.
    And I think it's not as hydrating as the Teint Miracle, another foundation that I have. So this one would be fitting for summer, or when your skin is oily as it controls the oil pretty good . Hope it helps.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/5/2011 12:48:00 PM More reviews by sherbyham

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

This is the perfect foundation for me. I'm in a foundation phase recently and have recently purchased quite a few. I've been using this foundation for about 3 months now and it is simply divine. I'm using #564 and it matches well with my neck colour. It is so easy to blend, just using my fingers is good enough, no real need for the mac 187 stippling brush. The finish is natural, slightly dewy, not oily at all. It lasts ok in the humid climate and it doesn't transfer v much. I don't know how Shu Uemura comes up with such a balanced formula. I didn't breakout with this foundation. It comes with a pump which is greatly appreciated. Love this quality product. Overall, one of the better foundation I've used for a long time.
    [Edit: I've to change it to 4 lippies because the foundation doesn't last v well hot & humid weather.]

rated 4 of 5 on 1/29/2011 12:31:00 PM More reviews by doraemon1023

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I love this foundation. It goes on my skin smoothly. My skin color is NC35, that sales-lady in Japan helped me pick 754 color but now I find it a bit light. But that's okay since it's still winter time. Might have to purchase another bottle of 764 to blend out the color better.

Here are the pros and cons:
    Pros:
    1) Light and natural coverage
    2) Feels very comfortable and soft on the skin in the winter
    3) staying power is pretty good if you put on powder on top
    4) I love the pumping bottle

Cons:
    1) does not give enough coverage for acne scars
    2) pricey
    3) since it's dewy, might not be good for my oily/combo skin in the summer.

Right now all I'm using is my fingers to blend it out. Will probably do a better job if I'm using a small sponge.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/27/2011 10:04:00 AM More reviews by jjtam1

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Ahh~ I love this foundation. I've been wearing Elizabeth Arden cream foundation for 3-4yrs, and wearing Shu Uemura doesn't feel like putting on a mask.
    I have sensitive + eczema skin and I haven't experienced any breakouts. I find this foundation quite moisturising as well.
    The counter lady told me it only had little coverage, and that I'd need a concealer for my blemishes, but I don't find this so. Usually I just layer the foundation on and it does the trick.
    It's a pretty pricy product in Australia, but I don't need a lot each time I use it. I've been using it for 1/2 yr and still lovin it!

rated 3 of 5 on 1/24/2011 11:23:00 PM More reviews by gigidolce

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I used to love this foundation. It goes on nice at first and then looks horrible at the end of the day. It goes into the creases of my skin and makes it look horrible.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/24/2011 5:34:00 PM More reviews by sakuralily

This is my official HG foundation! I used to use EL Double Wear but I hated how mask like it was. This foundation is perfect for me its sheer but it still covers flaws like blemishes and redness. When applied this foundation looks natural unlike other foundations where it becomes cakey. Its pretty pricy and but the only problem is that you must order it because they closed all the shu stores in the us. But I will continue to buy this foundation always.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/21/2011 2:16:00 AM More reviews by dzcml88

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

When I first started using this I wasn't so impressed. However I think it's really grown on me. The coverage is light, but not buildable, so a good concealer is most definitely key if your skin has problem areas. I guess the light coverage can be good or bad depending on what you're looking for.
    Best applied with fingers or a sponge. Didn't like the finish when applied with a foundation brush. Definitely needs to be set with a powder to keep it on longer.
    I wouldn't repurchase this as it just doesn't sit great in the humidity - I wish it would because I do like it, and I'm sure it'd be great for more temperate/cold climates.
    Overall,
    Pros:
    1) Light, but gives enough coverage to even skin tone
    2) Feels comfortable on the skin
    3) Does not break me out
    4) Keeps skin looking relatively dewy
    Cons:
    1) May not give enough coverage for those with bad acne/scarring
    2) Does not stay on long in humid climates
    3) Bit more pricey than other alternatives.

For Reference: I'm an NC35 and was matched with 754.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/20/2011 10:20:00 PM More reviews by anne4hoang

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Since there are no more Shu Uemura stores in the US, most of you guys won't be able to test the foundation color in person.

So I hope this will be of help :)

754 = MAC NC30 (or NW35)