September 30, 2014 | 2013 users online

Concealers - BeneFit Cosmetics - Erase paste

rated 5 of 5 on 8/26/2013 9:15:00 PM More reviews by rrrkadirka

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

This is my HG concealer. No questions asked. I love everything about it. The color, the consistency, the texture. It's a MIRACLE worker when it comes to covering dark circles. I don't use it for covering blemishes - I opt for Boi-ing instead. I have shade 2, the medium shade, which is a salmony, pink color - which works wonders when it comes to cancelling out blue tones (dark circles). I literally use 1/8 of a pea-sized amount for both eyes, and that is enough to conceal my dark circles and I even blend a little out onto my eyelids to hide any discoloration. Set it with a powder, and it lasts all day. Plus, it has super awesome brightening effects, and it just takes my eyes from "ick" to "WOW". Monday mornings come early, and I'm a full time nursing student. This stuff has been a lifesaver. Benefit better NEVER get rid of this stuff. It is like 14K gold paste.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/24/2013 1:10:00 PM More reviews by angelia68

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

This one is thicker than my other concealers(Maybelline mineralise, YSL Touche Eclat, Bobby Brown concealer, Dior,Revlon) but the colors are limited (peachy salmon color) and they gave me Deep No 3 initially and it was so wrong and I got it changed for No 2 medium and still it is not the best match for my skin tone.It covers alright for dark circles bu it does not work for blemishes. It creases too although not as drying as Maybelline mineralise concealer. The best so far is still YSL Touch Eclat, maybe the compound in YSL is milled finer than the rest and hence, does not cake so much. Heard good things about Cleu De Peau and Guerlain, I should try them some day.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/22/2013 7:10:00 PM More reviews by HollyWould123

I have been faithfully using this concealer for about 2-3 years now. I received it as a sample originally and have been hooked every since. It is quite literally a paste. The coverage, consistency, and texture are what I love about it. I use #2 (Medium) usually, occasionally #1 (Fair) if I'm slacking on my tan. If in doubt, always go a tad lighter. You don't want to go darker, especially when using under the eyes.

The product comes with little tips on how and where to apply and a little spatula to scoop out of the jar/pot it comes in. I noticed someone mentioned they always lose the spatula. This has happened to me, but I do like to use it and apply to the back of my hand if I have it handy. If I don't have it, I use the opposite side of an eyeshadow brush or a Q-Tip. As of late I have been using a concealer brush, and then setting with my fingers. No powder necessary! Be careful, use a very tiny amount. Anything more than that is wasteful. This concealer stays in place and lasts all day and all night with no reapplying. Ever.

I'm a full coverage kind of girl, so if you're a bare minimum type, this may feel a little too makeup-y and thick for you. If you enjoy a full face of makeup, need a reliable concealer to last all day and night, or suffer from heavy under eye circles/dark spots on your face in general, this is probably your dream concealer. If I don't feel like applying a lot of makeup that day or am in a rush, sometimes I even use this a foundation by applying a few more dots on my jawbone and blend.

Generally speaking I am faithful to very few products, as I love to experiment and try all kinds/shapes/prices/sizes/textures. Too much makeup in the world to try and not enough time! But this is the one product I absolutely swear by and will not give up until it gets discontinued!!!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/21/2013 5:36:00 PM More reviews by mauisnj

I have Erase Paste in No.1 Fair and absolutely love it - bought another one just so I can make sure I have it in my travel bag at all times.

I rarely have breakouts, but when I do it does a fantastic job of covering any unsightly spots. I more rely on it to cover my horrible dark under eye circles (seriously, when I have no sleep, it looks like I've been punched in the eyes) This does the trick, without looking thick and heavy.

The little spatula is pretty useless, as it does not attach to the little pot, so you end up losing it almost immediately. So I just use my (clean) finger to apply the amount I need and blend it with a concealer brush (it's too thick to use the brush inside the pot - you end up with too much product and a small amount goes a long way) and it stays all day without having to set with powder.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/21/2013 5:09:00 PM More reviews by ImogensMakeupReviews

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

Best concealer I've ever bought! I use to use Estée Lauders double wear concealer but my friend told me to try Erase Paste in the lightest shade and it matched perfectly! I have little Millia under my eyes and also have dry skin around my eyes, EP completely hydrated my skin and made it look blemish free. Always a big supporter of Benefit cosmetics. Keep up the good work!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/16/2013 2:10:00 PM More reviews by yoyolanda

Ask any girl with genetic dark circles. This stuff just nails it every time. No matter how little sleep I get this stuff will make me look refreshed. Of course it will crease so set it with a powder and shut up.

9 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 7/25/2013 6:44:00 AM More reviews by UbiquityEssence

On the fence about returning this. Purchased the $10 sample jar from Ulta. I like the color but nothing I do will make it less cakey. Been trying different applications for my dark circles but at the end of the day it just seems too cakey.

Edit: I ended up returning it. Everyone seems to love this product but it just didn't work for me no matter how I applied. I would use a q-tip scoop a bit out. Dab it on the back of my hand. Warm it up with my ring ringer and then dab it under my eyes to cover genetic dark circles/discoloration.

I would also apply Dermblend Skin Perfecting Pigment Correcting Primer first. I tried this product with different primers as well. I tried applying it with a small smudge brush and dabbing it. At first it looks really good. But once the product settles in it dries and looks powdery and cakey later into the day.

Maybe people don't notice it? But once I stand close to the mirror and examine of face I can see the erase paste balling up, settling into fine lines, looking dry and powdery, and cakey.

Guess this just doesn't work for my skin.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/17/2013 3:57:00 PM More reviews by keyelement

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have this product from the Confessions of a Concealaholic palette and I do enjoy it a lot.

My skin: Very fair, normal-to-dry, zombie undereye circles.

Pigmentation: On a scale of 1-10, the opacity is ~7 or so when used in a very thin layer.

Color: It is VERY peachy, to the point where I can't wear it alone, but a light dusting of a colored powder on top sets it quite nicely and makes it wearable. I often put a normal colored concealer on top and it's perfect that way. My favorite way to use it is to use a thin layer, let it dry, then lightly apply BE Well Rested on top. They balance each other out perfectly for me.

Texture: My only beef with the product is that it is so wet - it is slick and heavy so you have to use a thin layer in order for it to not crease (and so it's thin enough that it will dry, so that you can put another layer of a concealer on top of it). It's easy to apply with either a finger or a brush and it CORRECTS very well - but this product alone wouldn't cut it for me. It's too wet/thick.

Would I buy again? I'd be happy to receive it as a gift, but wouldn't buy it - I want to try a BB corrector first, since the BB formula is notoriously firmer.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/11/2013 5:17:00 PM More reviews by dullgoldheart

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this concealer!

The little pot seems small at first but you can just tell right away that this is going to last you a long time.

My only issue is that the colors are more on the salmon/peachy side and I'm quite yellow but it covers dark circles really well. I wear an NC30 and use the Medium shade. The coverage is really good and the consistency is thick and creamy.

Be careful when you use this on brushes, I used my Real Techniques Deluxe Crease Brush with it and the product caked on and it was hard to wash out. Probably my own fault for being too lazy to clean the brush right away.

I would probably purchase this product again.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/6/2013 3:05:00 PM More reviews by cerieb

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I bought a diddy pot of this as part of a concealer set ('Confessions of a Concealaholic') in the shade 'Medium'. It has a salmony-orange colour and has a thick, oily consistency.

I have very pale skin, so initially when I opened the little jar I feared the worst. But I have heard lots about salmon-toned products making great correctors for purply dark circles - which I have. (Orange is opposite purple in the colour spectrum, so they neutralise each other.)

I discovered that a little but of this stuff goes a surprisingly long way, and provided I didn't use too much it actually made a really fantastic colour corrector for the circles under my eyes. Sadly though, because of its - er - unique *coughorangecough* tone, that is the only place I can use it.

I have since tried the 'Light' shade and still find it much too warm for the rest of my face, and because of the thick, oily texture I wouldn't really want to use it all over anyway.

Not overly impressed or unimpressed. This product gets a resounding 'meh' from me.