July 28, 2014 | 2066 users online

Foundations - Sally Hansen - Inspired By Carmindy Natural Beauty Your Skin Makeup ] [DISCONTINUED]

This product has been discontinued

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/11/2011 7:05:00 PM More reviews by ErCar

I'll get straight to the point. In my opinion this is the best foundation you can buy at the drug-store. Hands down. I bought it last year and have used other foundations from Estee Lauder, NARS, Shu....this beats them all. It lasts throughout the day with only a minor touch-up and it really does look like SKIN. My other foundations, even though they might look good from far away, look not so great up close. I have a a bright mirror in my bathroom and my foundation always looks pretty eh when I look at myself in it but this one always looks awesome. Like real, dewy skin.

I highly recommend.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/6/2011 11:13:00 PM More reviews by jcookie123

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Other Eyes: Brown

I purchased this in tawny beige recently. Color is great! Love that it has natural ingredients. I'm definitely inspired by carmindy from tlc's wtnw. This doesnt leave my combination skin oily at all. It has a nice dewey look. I use with the loose powder. I wish I would've purchased this a longggg time ago instead of going for revlon colorstay.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/4/2011 9:44:00 PM More reviews by nicole33

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I wanted to like this but it was just kind of so so. It looked a bit mask like and it was itchy.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/4/2011 4:35:00 PM More reviews by CoconutCutie

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I love this foundation! I was able to get it for a song at my CVS because they're clearancing out their line and had it all marked 75% off...good that I got it on sale but bad because now that I'm inlove with this I won't be able to find it in a year! I bought extra but what happens when that runs out? I hope it's just CVS that's doing this and not that Sally Hansen has stopped production of this fabulous line!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/30/2011 10:45:00 AM More reviews by julinko

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I stated that I would not buy this product again, but only because it broke me out. Alot of foundation does, so I was not surprised, but I was definately disappointed.

This is a really nice foundation. I was surprised when I found it in Shoppers Drug Mart in Canada. Im NW25 and snapped up the Nude Beige shade. A perfect match? No, but pretty darn close.

My skin tone is quite uneven and this foundation did a really nice job with that while still leaving a natural, almost glowy finish. Left me with a good base for the rest of my mu. It was $20 cdn which is a little steep for a d/s foundation, but still less than half of what i was paying for MUFE HD.

Sadly, after about 3 weeks, I started getting wee little blemishes, so had to stop using. Really had high hopes for a HG, and I think this foundation might have been it had I not broken out.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/22/2011 8:51:00 PM More reviews by danielleashleyb

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I am one happy girl. This foundation is incredible. I haven't used liquid foundation in years because I am incredibly fair and it's next to impossible to get the correct shade.( NW15 is too dark for me.) This finally came to Canada & once it did I had to buy. The lightest shade blends very smooth to a dewy, natural finish. The coverage is buildable. This is my new must have and will be as long as i can get it!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/22/2011 12:52:00 PM More reviews by songy67

This is a fantastic foundation. The shade Ecru Beige 1000-05 matches my NC 20 skin tone perfectly and the texture of the product is extremely creamy and blendable. It seems to melt into my skin and provide nice, buildable coverage without sinking into every line and pore the way other LFs tend to. I would say the coverage is medium at most, but it does a wonderful job of canceling out redness and evening out skin tone. The description on the SallyHansen website under Ingredients reads: "Skin-smoothing cork oak, olive leaf and papaya extracts help nourish your skin and deliver improved radiance. And with antioxidant vitamin A, your skin will feel as healthy as it looks." - Sounds good to me!! Under Benefits they go on to say: "With an optimal, balanced blend of emollients and oil absorbers, Your Skin Makeup is ideal for every skin type." - Which I've found to actually be true!! My combination/ acne-prone skin can get insufferably oily in the South Florida humidity, but this foundation has great control oil in spite of how creamy it is. It lasts an impressively long time and looks minimally cakey at the end of the day. Other foundations oxidize and turn ghastly white or orange but this one stays the course and makes me feel confident even after 8 hours. My only gripe is that it contains no spf... but I use a light facial sunscreen (Shiseido's Ultimate Sun Protection Lotion Spf 60) underneath, so it's not really an issue. The frosted glass packaging looks very chic and sophisticated and the pump is convenient, hygienic, easy to get the amount you want, and doesn't clog. Plus the sturdy clear plastic cap clicks into place quite securely so I don't worry about this spilling if I'm taking it with me while traveling. The only thing is, I'm puzzled by the fact that this has no discernible expiration date anywhere to be found so I have no idea if it's turned. But there is no scent and there never has been, and it still performs wonderfully. Yes, this can be pricey for a drugstore foundation, but you're really getting your money's worth! And don't forget how often drugstores have BOGO sales! I currently have 3 backup bottles of this stocked up because I managed to catch it at 75% off at my local CVS and promptly bought everything they had in my shade, plus a darker one to contour with/ mix in when I'm slightly darker during the summertime. It doesn't expire, right? Haha, I'm a happy camper! EDIT: This will forever be my HG foundation. My skin has been behaving lately so I've been stippling on just a light layer of this instead of buffing in with a flat-top (which gives heavier coverage). My skin looks flawless with this on, and it stays looking great even through long hours of summer heat. I will never go to other foundations because there is no reason to. This is perfect.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/9/2011 2:05:00 PM More reviews by luvbugg45

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

first of all i love this foundation, and i love the price it said it was 13 dollars but when i went to pay at cvs and it was only 3 dollars!! i have bad acne and this covers so well and the price you cant beat it, i went back and bought 2 more cause i love it! i would deffinatly recomend it to girls who have acne proon skin, deffinatly 2 thumbs up! :)

rated 4 of 5 on 1/4/2011 7:00:00 PM More reviews by dainaleeo2

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I purchased this the other day since i've seen it a few times & i've wanted to test it, so i finally caved after reading the reviews. it wasn't that cheap, around $12 at my local CVS, but i know that i can return it if i really didn't like it so what the heck.
    some of the ingredients are really good, as opposed to other drugstore formulas. my skin generally doesn't like much silicone, but this only had a little so it seems to be fine. i haven't broken out yet. i like that it does have some natural ingredients in it so that was a plus for me.

it's really smooth & goes on nicely, doesn't look cakey at all. i did get a darker shade on accident since i couldn't really tell in the store with the lighting & the frosted bottle, but i'm going to keep it anyway since my skin, besides my face, is a bit more tan, so this kind of matches that. & summer will be coming up so i can get away with it. i can always dilute it with some lotion if i want so i'm going to stick with it. i like being a bit tan ;)
    the staying power was also pretty good. i went to the mall with this on & i actually got compliments [& hit on haha. go figure]. so, it works for me :) i'll update after more use hence the 4. if i still like it i'll make it a 5.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/3/2011 3:43:00 AM More reviews by mile-s

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Loved the shade but product made me break out, much like what usually happens whenever I use a liquid foundation. Wanted to love it but can't be loyal to a product that gives me skin problems grrr!