April 18, 2014 | 808 users online

Scrubs - Skinfood - Black Sugar Mask

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/9/2009 3:50:00 AM More reviews by phalaenopsis_619

The grains (sugar?) are too harsh on my skin. Has some moisturizing effect. It feels weird to have sugary stuff left on your face for 10-15 minutes. Make sure your face and hands are dry or the sugar would dissolve.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/1/2009 2:25:00 AM More reviews by cherie05

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I LOVE this product. It is the second best, if not the best exfoliator that I've tried. (Still haven't made up my mind as to which I'd consider the best). It's really cheap (the original price), you get a lot of it, of which you only need very little. I probably use around somewhere between a nickel and a quarter-sized amount for my entire face, which isn't much at all when you take into account the price and size of the product. After, not only does it get rid of your dead skin, it feels smooth, tighter (even though I'm only 19 ..I have no idea how it makes it tighter lol) and more .."conditioned," I guess I'd have to say in lack of a better word.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/8/2009 1:47:00 AM More reviews by mooneyes89

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Good for exfoliating, I used to make homemade sugar scrub and mom fussed about the mess so I bought this. Its more gentle than what I used. Its also moisturising, I thought it was a bit expensive but thats because Im in the states and asian product prices get jacked up when sent over here. It smells like lemon furniture polish wich my sis thinks is so funny. But it doesnt bother me. Might repurchase, depends on if theres better out there.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/5/2009 10:22:00 AM More reviews by tyiming

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I love this mask. It leave my skin very smooth after scrubbing the granules off. Exfoilates the skin very well. Gives me a tingling warm sensation whenever I apply it. Not a big fan of the packaging because I have to dip my fingers into the tub everytime and the texture seems to be very hard.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/12/2008 12:41:00 AM More reviews by bcgd

This mask is awesome period. The smell is light and it actually smells like brown sugar.
I love washing it off because it's smooth and all the huge granules of brown sugar have melted on your skin

rated 5 of 5 on 6/6/2008 4:14:00 AM More reviews by babiig1

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Great exfoliating mask! It's cheap and effective and I just LOVE how smooth it makes my skin feel. The pot will last you a very long time considering you need such little product for your entire face. It exfoliates beautifully, smoothens and invigorates skin and it shows results that actually linger for several days, rather than vanishing after a few hours or so. Skin Food's Black Sugar Mask can help with blackheads and it minimises the appearance of pores. I have sensitive, combination skin but I did not react to this product nor did any suspicious blemishes appear whilst I used this product.

I find it interesting how Korean skincare products can be so cheap yet so effective whilst products from other countries (particularly Western countries) cause your bank accounts to bleed dry but perform so poorly!

rated 4 of 5 on 6/4/2008 5:36:00 PM More reviews by vandael

Great stuff! I look forward to scrubbing with this sugar every week. The granules are large but will melt after continuous scrubbing. I love feeling them disappear right under my fingertips. After washing off, it leaves my skin soft and supple, ready for moisturizer. Great purchase and I look forward to my next batch.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/22/2008 7:15:00 AM More reviews by princessw

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

the price is cheap for this product in my opinion but i won't buy it again cos my face developed pimples just after 1 usage although my face felt squeaky clean after the scrub. def not for gals with sensitive skin. it also smells a little like lemon scented washing detergent.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/16/2008 4:48:00 AM More reviews by anabolina

This scrub has a nice finely gritty texture. It makes my skin really soft and seems to make my pores smaller too. Nice and a good price.