October 31, 2014 | 1494 users online

Scrubs - Skinfood - Black Sugar Mask

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 10/20/2009 2:46:00 PM More reviews by Bybs

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

The Black Sugar Mask was the first item that I purchased from Skin Food and it remains on heavy rotation to this day. It comes packaged in a small screw top tub and contains 100g worth of product. Skin Food describe the Black Sugar Mask as being rich in minerals & vitamins to provide luster and smoothness to skin. The scrub is brown in color and is jam packed with sugar granules suspended in a slightly oily base. The product is strongly scented but I have never been able to put my finger on the specific scent, it smells slightly citrusy. The directions state that after cleansing, gently massage over wet face. Avoid eye area. Rinse off. As the scrub is sugar based I like to ensure that my face is only slightly damp and I apply the product with dry hands to avoid the sugar dissolving immediately. However, I do mix the scrub with a tiny bit on water before applying to avoid it being too harsh on my skin. The first time I used this product I was worried about breakouts as it leaves behind a slightly oily feeling once the sugar granules have dissolved. However, the scrub rinses completely clean with absolutely no oily residue left behind. Leaves skin soft and smooth.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/25/2009 3:44:00 AM More reviews by smilette

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I'd say this is the best scrub I have used, and I'v used 2 tubs of it. I have sensitive skin, also acne-prone, so any harsh scrub will immediately give me little pimples or redness. And the "gentle" scrubs usually do nothing for me. This scrub is just right, a good balance of scrubbing power and moisture. It doesn't dry out my skin, just make it really smooth, and a bit brighter than before as well.
It's also really cheap, considering the tub lasts you a really long time since you only use about a teaspoonful of the product each time. Will buy again!

rated 3 of 5 on 8/5/2009 2:25:00 AM More reviews by stardaz

Bought this black sugar scrub while I was in Korea. Heard that its very popular among the Koreans. Tried it and it had good exfoliating effect. It also smells great. You just need to massage the grains GENTLY all over your face to make sure its not too harsh on the skin.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/12/2009 9:21:00 PM More reviews by LadySelly

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I'm Lush maniac(I used to be a big fan of Mask of magnaminty and Ocean salt face scrub),and I think their products are the best,but since they closed their shops at my country I feel kinda desperado..but what is gone is gone,got to face the truth somehow,and I got to search something which more or less close to Lush's.This is no Lush..and I can't read the ingredients(dunno how much they put preservatives or other chemicals),no latins ,no english etc..so it's so hard to take this korean brand seriously(I'm neither joining to BB cream's crazed actually..),but in the end I have to take a chance!!,I bought it,it's quite expensive in my country!..but at least so far it works for my skin.
it clears my skin nicely,it's sticky and warm to the skin,it makes dried /old skins gone ,removes balck heads..the granules a bit rough but it melts to the skin nicely!!I expected it's smelling foodie kinda thing,but it smells lemony,unnatural scent but I can cope with it!
it's good exfoliator,I like the results so far,Not my HG because I used to be very fussy about my skin/haircare..it means that I have to know the ingredients in english or Latins,mostly natural stuffs got their ingredients in english and in latin.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/28/2009 10:33:00 PM More reviews by ricerice

When i first opened the lid, the smell instantly reminded me of airplanes (ugh..nausea) but i got over it pretty quickly. I'm not sure why this product is called a mask because it's actually an exfoliator. I use it in the shower about 2-3 times a week, it gets rid of dead skin cells very well and it also softens your skin. After massaging this over your skin, it usually 'melts' and the granules dissapear leaving you with the 'melted' product on your skin, i'd leave it on for another few minutes and then only would i rinse it off. This leaves my skin soft and blackhead free after using it a few times. Beware not to use it over acne erupted skin though, it will further aggravate your acne. Will definitely but this again, mine did surprisingly last me about 1/2 a year though.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/8/2009 9:27:00 AM More reviews by kkrebs

Just tried this. I like it. You don't need to let it sit on your face - just use it like a scrub.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/18/2009 8:59:00 AM More reviews by nanamatusi

I love this product! At first I didn't notice much diffrence in my skin but after about 3-4 weeks I nocied that a lot of my blackheads and blemishes has dissapeared. I also tried the Potato mask. I think it's a really good buy for blemished red skin type. You'll see immediate results. (: I'm not much of a fan to the BB Cream though. Kind of too sticky? It over dried my skin and well... my skin is rather oily. But overall, I love Skin Food's design, products. I love their point. I hate the pricing though. It really differs between people. & Often times get cheated on money. I got all of my products at Skintouchx. It had free international shipping so I was like 'Sure'. Compared to th eBay seller. So much better service and more quantity. As in samples and extra gifts.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/9/2009 3:50:00 AM More reviews by phalaenopsis_619

The grains (sugar?) are too harsh on my skin. Has some moisturizing effect. It feels weird to have sugary stuff left on your face for 10-15 minutes. Make sure your face and hands are dry or the sugar would dissolve.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/1/2009 2:25:00 AM More reviews by cherie05

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I LOVE this product. It is the second best, if not the best exfoliator that I've tried. (Still haven't made up my mind as to which I'd consider the best). It's really cheap (the original price), you get a lot of it, of which you only need very little. I probably use around somewhere between a nickel and a quarter-sized amount for my entire face, which isn't much at all when you take into account the price and size of the product. After, not only does it get rid of your dead skin, it feels smooth, tighter (even though I'm only 19 ..I have no idea how it makes it tighter lol) and more .."conditioned," I guess I'd have to say in lack of a better word.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/8/2009 1:47:00 AM More reviews by mooneyes89

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Good for exfoliating, I used to make homemade sugar scrub and mom fussed about the mess so I bought this. Its more gentle than what I used. Its also moisturising, I thought it was a bit expensive but thats because Im in the states and asian product prices get jacked up when sent over here. It smells like lemon furniture polish wich my sis thinks is so funny. But it doesnt bother me. Might repurchase, depends on if theres better out there.