Revlon ColorStay Pressed powder

3.2

Talc, Mica, Bismuth Oxychloride, Zinc Stearate, Silica, Nylon-12, Polymethyl Methacrylate, Polyethylene, Octyldodecyl Glycol Grapeseedate, Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate, Isododecane, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, LEcithin, Hydrogenated Lecithin, Cymbidium Grandiflorum Flower Extract, Serica (Silk), Malva Sylvestris Extract (Mallow), Lilium Candidum Bulb Extract, Lactobacillus, Eriodictyon Californicum Ferment Extract, Lauroyl Lysine, Alumina, dimethiconol, dimethicone, Silsesquioxane Copolymer, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, PHenoxyethanol, Sorbic Acid, May Contain , -: Mica, Iron Oxides (CI 77491, 77492, 77499), titanium dioxide (CI 77891), Bismuth Oxychloride (CI 77163)

After using this for a while I noticed the finishing powder did nothing that any ordinary finishing powder did, it just matched my foundation type.
Its not worth the about $10 you spend on it when you could be buying cheaper ones that do the same maybe better!

Packaging is poor Ive dropped one and it completely shattered, the tops are very loose.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I have some mad oily skin, ladies... I'm talking the BP Oil Spill over here. And on top of my greasy skin, I have moderate acne. My acne is hereditary, and nothing really breaks me out.

I used to use the Revlon Colorstay liquid foundation in addition to this setting powder, but I really DON'T like that foundation. Therefore, I used this powder with whatever other foundation I randomly found that could keep me oil free for 2 or 3 hours (yeah, my oil is that bad). I can't say that I know how this press powder would do on top of my new holy grail liquid foundation (Make Up For Ever Mat Velvet Plus <3) but I will say that I think Revlon's Colorstay Presser Powder Foundation was one of the best drugstore powders I've ever used. It covered my acne very well and held up for a few hours before I started getting oily (which I think was from the liquid foundation rather than the powder itself).

I am now using Make Up For Ever's Duo Mat Powder Foundation (which is great for a high-end powder) instead of Revlon Colorstay's Powder foundaiton, but if I were to suggest a drug store press powder, Revlon Color's Powder Foundation would be it.

xx jas.

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Coarse

I tried this after Revlon ColorStay Mineral Foundation, was changed to Revlon ColorStay Aqua Mineral Makeup. The original powder worked so well for me! Then they changed it w/ coconut water, which didn't workout for me AT ALL. I was hoping to find another powder kind of like the original...

This pressed powder was ok. I felt it was a lot more pink undertoned than the first powder I liked. The mineral foundation was pink undertoned too, but blended very well! I'm yellow/olive undertoned, but it still worked! This powder kind of blended, but it didn't look as natural :( Kind of had that powdery look to it :P The coverage was ok...I couldn't really cover everything, b/c the color wouldn't really blend into my neck. It did even out my skin though. I felt this worked best in warmer weather, the color seemed to change in colder weather. In colder weather it seemed to get darker, like into this pinkish/almost rust color. I got this in Medium Deep btw. This didn't make me breakout and controlled my oily skin :) It's also quick to apply, the puff thing is somewhat useful. I would recommend a brush instead though. The price was kind of high for the quality imo.

I didn't hate this powder, but I'm not buying again.

I'm searching for a good powder and decided to try this one out after reading good reviews on a different site.
Mine doesn't come with Softflex. In fact, I don't think any of the stores I've been to carry this powder with Softflex. So perhaps that's the problem.
Now...the review...
This powder is average as many have stated before. I do like that "Light" matches my NW15 skintone. Many powders are too yellow for me but this one is unnoticeable. I apply it with a kabuki brush and then pat it on my T-zone. It doesn't appear to be cakey whatsoever.
I noticed that the package says this stays on for 16-hours. I think they meant to say 1.6 hours because it almost reached the 2-hour mark...but not quite. I might as well have not been wearing powder. My face looked just as oily without it.
Another thing is that the package says "Talc-free" but the first listed ingredient is...wait for it...talc.
Overall, I feel like Revlon blew it with this one. I don't even think they tried to put out a good product and simply made half-hearted fallacious claims. So...
PROS
~Good for light skin
~Not cakey
CONS
~Fake claims
~Doesn't control oil
~Needs to be reapplied constantly

To me, there was nothing really special about this product. It is just an average powder. Nothing too special. I didn't like the fact is dosen't set well with oily skin.

I used this with the ColorStay foundation and together they make my skin look flawless. I applied it with a kabuki brush which helped it to look more natural. I'm very happy with this product and highly recommend it!

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I'm not a huge fan of powders, and this is nothing to write home about. I can't speak for oil control because that's not a problem for me. It stops my makeup from transferring, but makes everything cakey

The package promises:

-16 hours shine-free
-No caking

...and doesn't live up to either claim. I can't even get ONE hour shine-free. And the stuff is caky as all get out.

It's also expensive for what it actually does. I've only had it for about a week and already I can see the bottom of the pan.

I bought this instead of my beloved Coty Airspun powder just to try something new--big mistake. The second I tried this powder I wanted to run right back to CVS and by a box of Airspun.

The only pro is that it does have decent coverage, and the "Fair" shade is nice and pale, which I like--basically the same color as translucent powder, but with some coverage.

No no no. This powder does not work for me at all. I tried it alone, over Colorstay liquid (which is also gross on me), and over other liquid foundations that otherwise work pretty well. I applied it with the puff that came in the package, with another type of puff, with my favorite kabuki brush, with my 2nd favorite kabuki brush, with another type of brush . . . but still the answer was no. It was cakey and too heavy no matter what I did, and it made me look like a corpse hit with a wet sack of flour. I have fair skin, so I tried the lightest shade, and to be fair maybe the next shade up would have been a better color match, but I don't think it would have solved any of the other problems I had with it.

(This isn't the one with softflex so that's why I gave it only 2 lippies) I always do a lot of research before I buy a product, and I did a lot of research on this product. I finally got it at a local drugstore and when I got home I tired it. It was an okay powder... Then I realized it wasn't the one with soft flex in it, and that's the one I wanted really bad. So MAKE SURE THAT IF YOU WANT THE ONE WITH SOFT FLEX (which is a lot better) LOOK AT THE PACKAGING. I love the one with soft flex WAY better!!!