April 21, 2014 | 952 users online

Shampoo - Organix - Tea Tree Mint Shampoo

rated 1 of 5 on 10/16/2010 5:45:00 PM More reviews by wnkwnkndgndg

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I really wanted to like this product. I have tried it for TWO months hoping to fall in love but it just didn't happen. I found the "organic" ingredients appealing and the fact that it had no sulfates etc etc.
Anyways, it majorly dried out my normal hair and left it tangled beyond belief! (even WITH the conditioner, that also did squat...)
The best thing I can say about this is that it did clean my hair and it has a really refreshing scent that wakes me up in the morning... But other than that I do not recommend.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/2/2010 2:15:00 PM More reviews by nanababy

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is the 4th flavor of Organix shampoos Im trying. this one is among my favorite. It leaves my hair hydrated and not stripped of at all. And the minty smell is killer. I love this shampoo very much.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/29/2010 12:40:00 PM More reviews by coilyvixen217

I absolutely love this shampoo. Even if it didnt work wonders on my hair I would still continue to use this just because of the awesome smell. I only do regular shampoos about once a month unless my scalp is really itchy and this is my go to product everytime. though I co-wash 1-2 times a week with the conditioner.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 8/28/2010 6:26:00 PM More reviews by katwalker

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I cannot stand this shampoo. Smells nice, but it left my hair funky. I can't even remember now what it did to my hair (oily? dried it out?), but I remember that it was horrible. Also, I have been using sulfate-free shampoos for several years now, and I know what this stuff did to my hair is not typical of sulfate-free poos. Never again.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/28/2010 7:22:00 AM More reviews by seapea69

I don't have much to say about this shampoo...kinda blah. Doesn't do much for my hair. Oh well.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/23/2010 2:28:00 AM More reviews by JDNT

I forgot to buy a conditioner so I actually just use the shampoo without it and my hair is perfect. I've also never colored my hair, so maybe that's why it doesn't work for some people.
I switch between this and the cherry blossom ginseng shampoo and both work equally well in my opinion.

The one thing I really love is the smell. It's mint so it really wakes and relaxes me in the morning.

I think some of the problem is from people not knowing how to properly treat their scalp. Even the best shampoo won't work if you don't use it correctly. So. Add a dollop in your palm and work it in your hair (I get a good lather going so I don't know about the complaint), next, face the showers so not a lot of water get on your head, while you do this massage into scalp, almost digging (not with your nails!) then just rinse. No conditioner needed. Works wonderful.

Don't forget to inhale the scent! It's just so relaxing!

rated 1 of 5 on 7/21/2010 4:06:00 PM More reviews by Lillie

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I too wanted to love this shampoo. I used the shampoo/creme rinse in the past and thought maybe I just didn't give it enough time. I read other reviews which were positive. One stated that a person needs to give it time for the hair to get used to the change to sulfate free. Last time I only used it two weeks. I threw both in the garbage, mostly full. Well, now for my second time around with Organix Tea Tree. I like the bottles. I like the smell & texture. But, this shampoo just ruins my hair. We love to think that a organic or natural shampoo is the best. This is just not true. I sometimes wonder about this sulfate free hype. We used shampoos for so long without even knowing about "sulfate free". Our hair never suffered back then. Okay back to my review. Organix made my hair lifeless and limp. It had no bounce or shine. The ends were so dry. I began to hate my hair. I used this duo for two whole months, because I really wanted it to work. I'm tired of switching shampoos. I washed every other day. I have fine, long hair. I shampoo in the shower. After washing my hair, my hair felt "all clumped together" and tangled. The creme rinse was a must for me. The rinse seemed to take out tangles but I found myself tugging at my hair to remove some knots. Those hairs remained in my comb with a big clump being pulled from my comb to throw in the garbage. I cannot afford to lose hair like this. Mine is fine anyway. After washing one day, the next was like greasy. I felt like my hair wasn't clean. I would forgo this brand. I cannot speak for the other scents in this line. Just remember sulfate free is not always better. These companies have to come out with something to trap the consumer into spending more money on their product. Still looking for a shampoo I can call my own.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/16/2010 10:20:00 AM More reviews by summergirl81

I've been using this shampoo for about three months...I wanted to love this shampoo, and for a while I did. I liked the fact that it didn't have any sulfates or parabens, which can do a number on your hair, and the smell is wonderful. It honestly smells like the label says, like mint and tee tree oil (which isn't always the case with shampoo's and/or conditioners). It's a great smell for the summer time because it's not overpowering, and always leaves your hair smelling fresh, not purfumed. Also, my hair always feels AMAZINGLY soft after using this and looks like I spent hours carefully putting product in it to make it shine and "behave" wonderfully.
BUT...here are some problems:
1. because it doesn't have the sulfates and parabens it does not lather like normal shampoos - doesn't mean it won't get the job done, but it will take a bit longer to do so. It took me about a week to get used to this, but I knew what I was getting into when I bought the stuff

2. Yes it leaves my hair soft, but the more I use it the more I start to think that instead of removing the excess oils that build up from about 24/48hrs of not washing my hair, it just shifts them down the hair shaft and deeper into the hair bed (I have a lof of hair, so I feels like it just cleans the top layer of the hair, and no so much the inner core, which is where a lot of oils tend to accumulate = not a good look when trying to put your hair up and you notice a greasy mess)

3. While in the shower, it feels like it leaves a slick film on the top of my hair, one that's tough to run my fingers through. Though it goes away as the hair dries, it's disconcerting when standing in the shower and you can't work with your hair...I have to think this is a result of it being more "natural" (though it's really not...) than most shampoo's out there.

Bottom line: It would be a great product for girls/guys with dry hair, or who process/treat their hair - but not so much for girls like me who don't wash/blow-dry/straighten their hair everyday or color it.

So while I hate to give up the amazing scent, I don't think I'll be repurchesing

rated 1 of 5 on 5/22/2010 5:03:00 PM More reviews by Grets

Age: Unknown Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is the worst shampoo I've ever used!!! I have fine but oily hair, and this shampoo dries it to a crisp. I love the smell, but my hair feels like straw afterwards. I bought this at a two-for-one sale at Rite Aid. But even if they were giving this away for free, I'd never use this shampoo again. This stuff is absolutely horrible!!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/14/2010 2:48:00 PM More reviews by aresa12327

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

This is great if your hair is dry.It doesn't have any sulfates to dry out your hair.Also it's really moisturizing, really good for winter. The only bad thing about is that it can make your hair really knotted up so beware. It smells really nice like a vanilla mint.But is sort of expensive for a drugstore brand around five to seven U.S dollars.