L'Occitane 20% Shea Butter Soap

on 11/29/2003 2:16:00 PM

For someone with sensitive or dry skin, this is the BEST soap, ever!
This is the only soap my bf can use. I am a soap freak and loves experimenting with different kind of high end soaps, french soaps, handmade soaps. L'occitane soap is the only one that doesn't make my bf's back break out into complete disaster! personally I sometimes prefer shower cream since they are more moiturizing, but this soap is just as moiturizing if not more, and leathers very well too. I cannot rave enough about this soap ^_^

on 11/23/2003 3:42:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

GREAT SOAP. CLEANS SUPER WELL. Dense and highly concentrated, like their other soaps. Not one of those lotion soaps (Dove, Caress, etc) that melts in the shower stall and leaves icky slicky after feel. Lotion is for after shower not DURING shower.

on 11/17/2003 6:30:00 PM

What a disappointment! This soap was very average - average scent, average lather, average feel. I don't get all the raves. Honestly, my Dove bar for sensitive skin beats this one in all of the above, so I'm just glad that I got it as a present to try out instead of buying it myself.

on 11/4/2003 8:32:00 PM

I bought the soap b/c of all the reviews here. I didn't really like them that much. The scent was nice and all that, but I found it to be drying for my skin. After I would get out of the shower my skin would feel all tight and I would need to immediately moisturize.

I grew up in France and I have memories of using L'Occitane Honeysuckle bar soap- so these are definitely a trip down memory lane for me!
Beyond the nostalgia factor, I find the soaps to be the most moisturizing on the market- not only do they not dry out my skin, but it actually feels moisturized. When I use these, I can skip the lotion, and my skin is not dry or tight.
My favorite scent is honeysuckle- and I am mostly partial to it.
I buy these in France when I go back- the prices are much better there, and they are more readily available.
I definitely recommend this soap for a little luxury in the shower!

on 10/18/2003 1:58:00 AM

This is my first time using "fancy" soap and I don't think I can go back to using regular soap!I used to think it's silly to spend so much $$ on something that's literally going down the drain...but this soap left my skin soo much smoother than my usual Oil of Olay soap and it smelled really good too.The lather is really thick and creamy..just the way I like it!My bf really loves it too and he smells just like a baby after using the Milk soap.I can't wait to start on the Verbena one! I'll update later to let u girls know exactly how long it takes to finish up a bar.

on 9/6/2003 9:28:00 PM

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

I'm loving these! First of all, on a purely aesthetic note, the small-sized bars with the storage tins are just adorable. But secondly, the soaps are great. They are strongly, but not sickeningly, scented. When I use one I find every so often I'll get a whiff of it later on, but it's subtle. They also lather nicely and leave my skin feeling soft. I have three: Milk, Fig, and Rosemary. I love Milk & Fig and can't wait to try the Rosemary! I've got to check out the other scents again sometime.

on 7/27/2003 7:14:00 PM

I got the soap in its original scent. I used it in showers for about 3 days and had to give it to my sister. The soap was too drying for me. In fact, my skin aches and flakes after using it!

on 7/24/2003 1:25:00 AM

I prefer natural soaps..than drugstore brands. And although this was the first natual one i tried I liked it a lot... it made my skin much more smooth and the smell is way better... and it is very reasonable at $5 for the small and $8 for the large.

on 7/13/2003 1:39:00 PM

This is the soap that has stopped me cold from buying any other brand of soap. Clean scent, soft skin and long lasting. Love it!

Popular Gels/Soaps