October 24, 2014 | 1614 users online

Gels/Soaps - L'Occitane - 20% Shea Butter Soap

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/24/2003 10:17:00 PM More reviews by CurlsExperiment

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I grew up in France and I have memories of using L'Occitane Honeysuckle bar soap- so these are definitely a trip down memory lane for me!
Beyond the nostalgia factor, I find the soaps to be the most moisturizing on the market- not only do they not dry out my skin, but it actually feels moisturized. When I use these, I can skip the lotion, and my skin is not dry or tight.
My favorite scent is honeysuckle- and I am mostly partial to it.
I buy these in France when I go back- the prices are much better there, and they are more readily available.
I definitely recommend this soap for a little luxury in the shower!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/18/2003 1:58:00 AM More reviews by mookiewookie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is my first time using "fancy" soap and I don't think I can go back to using regular soap!I used to think it's silly to spend so much $$ on something that's literally going down the drain...but this soap left my skin soo much smoother than my usual Oil of Olay soap and it smelled really good too.The lather is really thick and creamy..just the way I like it!My bf really loves it too and he smells just like a baby after using the Milk soap.I can't wait to start on the Verbena one! I'll update later to let u girls know exactly how long it takes to finish up a bar.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/6/2003 9:28:00 PM More reviews by sweetsmell

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I'm loving these! First of all, on a purely aesthetic note, the small-sized bars with the storage tins are just adorable. But secondly, the soaps are great. They are strongly, but not sickeningly, scented. When I use one I find every so often I'll get a whiff of it later on, but it's subtle. They also lather nicely and leave my skin feeling soft. I have three: Milk, Fig, and Rosemary. I love Milk & Fig and can't wait to try the Rosemary! I've got to check out the other scents again sometime.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/27/2003 7:14:00 PM More reviews by ruthfarm

I got the soap in its original scent. I used it in showers for about 3 days and had to give it to my sister. The soap was too drying for me. In fact, my skin aches and flakes after using it!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/24/2003 1:25:00 AM More reviews by ldylushess

I prefer natural soaps..than drugstore brands. And although this was the first natual one i tried I liked it a lot... it made my skin much more smooth and the smell is way better... and it is very reasonable at $5 for the small and $8 for the large.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/13/2003 1:39:00 PM More reviews by cleo110

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is the soap that has stopped me cold from buying any other brand of soap. Clean scent, soft skin and long lasting. Love it!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/21/2003 11:51:00 PM More reviews by BLB693

I bring this with me now whenever I travel. I flatly refuse to use any other soap ever again - ever ever ever. I know that it is expensive compared to other soaps -but I found that if I keep it in a dry spot in the shower and use it with a washcloth it will last for months. I love the verbena scented soap. This has really helped to improve my dry skin & I am never going back.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/31/2003 8:21:00 PM More reviews by kate8

I have tried several L'Occitane shea soaps, and all of them have given me the same impression: nice, but not that nice. They are soft, they clean well, and they feel good to use, but their scents do not last or carry far, and they're a little drying. Soap tends to move in our shower fairly quickly, and yet L'Occitane soaps rarely retain much scent beyond the first couple of uses. There are several soaps out there that perform equally well on the skin (or better!) that have better scent, for a comparable or lower price. If you are convinced that you want a shea butter scented soap, try Mistral soaps, or have a look around www.smallflower.com or www.thesoapopera.com; there's a much bigger soap world out there.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/17/2003 12:19:00 PM More reviews by Bernard

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love these soaps, they do not dry my skin out when I use them. The fragrances are delicious.....my favourites are Milk, Honey, Wild Rose, Rosemary and Honeysuckle.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/24/2003 10:03:00 PM More reviews by wilbil9090

Expensive but good. I would buy this soap again. It's a good change. I love how my legs feel after use. I have to wait awhile to apply lotion, just because it feels so yummy.