My second tube :) this is my HG foundation! I will always re-purchase whenever I run out. Thank you Estée Lauder
I really loved everything about this foundation, the only flaw is that they are all pink toned and my skin is really yellow. It lasts long, has medium to full coverage, doesn't look cakey, and is very light. It has a natural finish on me. I do get a bit oily after a few hours but nothing too bad. I'm very sad this doesn't come in a more yellow tone.
Sadly the lightest colour Intensity 1 was too dark for me. I can wear 1N2 Ecru in the normal Double Wear and it is a good colour for me (NW20). I wanted to try the lighter option as I find DW a little full on. However I cannot fault EL salespeople as they give generouse samples so you can try at home without shelling out for the whole bottle and being dissapointed. For this they still have me as a client
Excellent foundation. I frequently get compliments from people on my skin tone who refuse to believe I'm wearing foundation
I'am not sure about this makeup. Sometimes it looks good and other times not so good. Feels a bit heavy and too matte. Kinda looks like I have a mask on. Not very natural looking. I have combination skin so maybe this is better for those with really oily skin I don't know.
I guess I will keep trying to find the perfect foundation.
after 4 years of frantically hunting for the perfect foundation - i have FINALLY FOUND MY HOLY GRAIL. and i am elated that among high end foundations, estee lauder's double wear light is in an acceptable price range. my skin is combination, with a very oily t-zone, and a dry periphery - so i have oil and dry flakes at the same time. i live under a hot and humid climate, and i normally have to blot my face 4 times a day. finding a good foundation is esp troublesome for me because i usually need to wear makeup more than 12 hours a day - as much as i need one that has terrific staying power, it also cannot be too thick or else my face will oil up crazily.
in the past i have tried nearly every drugstore brand and a significant number of high end brands - dior, chanel, nars sheer glow, mac, benefit... which at most were OK for me but none of which i loved. before trying double wear light, i stuck to revlon's colorstay foundation for combo/oily skin as it had the best staying power, but i still had to blot 3 times a day. and it somewhat dried out the periphery of my face which was less oily.
ELDWL is. the. best. foundation. for. my. skin. first off it felt like nothing on my skin, yet the coverage it gave was fantastic. blurred out all my pores, concealed redness and acne. i wore it outdoors, sweat like a pig, forgot to bring my blotting powder. at the end of the day, my face still looked fresh. with NO SHINE. anddd none of my dry parts of my skin were accentuated. omg thank u estee lauder for this foundation.
This is my favorite foundation. I have worn it for many years and I have tried other things here and there and nothing is as good as ELDWL. For me, it is like a slightly heavier tinted moisturizer. Normally I apply the liquid with my hands but on special occasions I use a foundation brush. Both ways work fine for this type of foundation. It provides medium coverage with a tinted moisturizer feel. It is easily spreadable and blends nicely before drying down to a semi matte finish. It stay put on me all day but, I do need to touch up with powder throughout the day for my shiny areas.
Loving this foundation! I hardly wear foundation, because I don't like the feeling of anything heavy on my skin. I started wearing this to cover the breakouts I got from a MAC powder. I've used this for about 3 months and the normal Double Wear for 1/2 year before this. Both are great but I prefer this more. It doesn't break me out and it feels so natural on my skin. I like that the light coverage minimizes my blemishes, but doesn't make me look like I'm wearing too much makeup. Combine this with the Estée Lauder Double Wear Concealer and my skin looks almost flawless!! I even wore this to the beach and after laying out all day and with a little blotting it still looks good. The color 3.0 matched my NC30 Asian skin perfectly and the 4.0 was perfect for my summer tan! Will buy over and over again!
So I decided to try Estee Lauder Double Wear, the original one but since they were out of my color the MUA suggested me to try Double Wear Light.. she applied it in on my face, in the store and I hated the way this felt on my face... its was super sticky and I felt like something was pulling my face.. It has a perfume like scent but I didnt care about it.. I gave it a 3 because it looked flawless but I hated the way my face felt.. So I went back home and I was brushing my teeth and by accident water splashed my face.. I couldnt believe that the foundation was just running down my face... The water drops were colored...!! so i decided to splash more water on my face.. and ALL the foundation came right out of my face... I mean I didnt even touched my face... no rubbing motion.. Just splashed water... I wont be buying this just because of that.. What if one day it is raining & my makeup just starts pouring out of my face into my cloth..? No thank u Estee Lauder..
Estee Lauder have released new 0.5 shades in this foundation. My review below was for the then lightest Shade (1) but I have since bought the new lightest shade (0.5) which is a fantastic, perfact match for my skin. Rest of the review still stands. Fantastic product.
I have been using Estee Lauder Double Wear Light (Shade 1) every day for a week and I have to say that I am really impressed.
- Very oily and greasy. I usually touch up with finishing powder on my cheeks, nose, forehead and chin at least 3 - 4 times a day, more in hot weather.
- Fair skinned with pink undertones
- Cleansed face and dusted with finishing powder (currently out of primer!). Applied foundation over skin and left to set for a couple of minutes. Set with a finishing powder (Laura Mercier Loose Finishing Powder in translucent). Applied blusher over top etc
- An early morning gym workout: Immediately after my workout (a HIT class by the way!!) I examined my foundation which had stayed perfectly matte, soft & smooth, non-streaky and non-orange. Perspiration was also kept under control i.e. only above lip. I applied a light dusting of finishing powder after my work out, but this was more of a personal preference thing as opposed to being essential because the foundation held really well. I usually use a powder makeup when I work out, such as the Bare Minerals Foundation (which I've stopped using), and post-workout my makeup would usually be really wet, sweaty, streaky and oily. No such problems with this foundation
-City heat and pollution / full day at work: This whole week has been 28c - 32c so travelling conditions have been really humid, hot, muggy and sticky. I'm talking about the London tube! This foundation held really, really nicely. As above, it stayed beautifully matte and when I arrived at work it looked exactly the same as when I had just applied it that morning. It withstood the heat and pollution fantastically and there was no need to even touch up.
- Super heat, sweat, exercise, travel & pollution resistant
- Stays matte all day, minimal finishing powder necessary to maintain matte finish
- Controls oiliness really well, pretty much all day
- Excellent coverage, not too heavy but probably a bit heavier than what you would expect a foundation advertised as 'light' to be
- Easy to blend
- Hasn't clogged my pores
- SPF 10
- Don't need to apply a lot
- Limited number of shades, only six. I'm very fair skinned and wear the lightest shade which is probably a little too dark for me
- No discernible skin care benefits / ingredients like you would find in Clarins foundations, for example
- For a light foundation I would say that it is probably a little too heavy, but this doesn't really bother me
- Slightest hint of orange / yellow which doesn't work so well with pinky skin tones like mine but would work really well for people with more yellow undertones
- A little stubborn to remove
- Quite pricey (I paid £28.50 from House of Fraser)
The bottom line is that this is a great foundation which although is a little heavier than advertised, stays beautifully matte all day and withstands heat, sweat, oiliness and exercise really, really well. That said, I would only give this 4 stars because of the limited number of shades and the lack of skincare boosting ingredients in this foundation.
I would definitely repurchase this product again as it will be a permanent addition to my foundation rotation.
Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Butylene Glycol, Trimethyl Pentaphenyltrisiloxane, Phenyl Trimethicone, Silica, Magnesium Sulfate, Polyglyceryl-3 Diisostearate, Tribehenin, PEG-10 Dimethicone, BIS-PEG/PPG-14/14 Dimethicone, Ethylhexylglycerin, Phenyl Methicone, Sodium Hyaluronate, Dimethicone, Polyglyceryl-4 Isostearate, Laureth-7, Glycerin, Polymethylsilsesquioxane, Hexyl Laurate, Cetyl PEG/PPG-10/1 Dimethicone, Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria), Disteardimonium Hectorite, Methicone, Propylene Carbonate, Tetramethyl Hexyphenyl Tetrasiloxane, Cellulose Gum, Xanthan Gum, Dimethicone Silylate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Alumina, Sorbic Acid, Chlorphenesin, Phenoxyethanol. May contain: Iron Oxides, Titanium Dioxide, Bismuth Oxychloride, Mica, Ferric Ammonium Ferrocyanide.