August 22, 2014 | 1195 users online

Makeup Brushes - Ecotools - 6 Piece Brush Set

rated 4 of 5 on 3/5/2012 3:29:00 AM More reviews by majanoren

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Blue

This is a nice brush set if you don't want brushes in natural hair. My favorite of the brushes is the angled brush, I use it everyday to do my eyebrows and it is great for that. I haven't tried it for eyeliner, I prefer a pointed brush for that purpose. The blush brush is nice and soft, but way too big t give any precision for your blush. I much prefer to use an angled blush brush, and since I bought my angled blush brush from Sephora I haven't used my EcoTools blush brush. I might try it for powder though, it is so soft and fluffy so it would be a shame to not use it for something. I'm not a fan of the eyeshadow brush, I want my eyeshadow brushes to be in natural hair. I think I have only used it once, because I love my MAC 239 too much to use anything else. The concealer brush is alright, I haven't really used it a lot. I prefer to use the applicator of my MUFE HD Concealer to dot it under my eyes and then blend it out with my fingers. I'm going to try the concealer brush with mineral concealer, it might work better for that purpose. I don't really use the eyebrow brush/eyelash comb thing, so I don't have anything to say about it.
I really like some of the brushes in this set, but I don't think I would buy it again if I lost it. I probably would buy the angled brush seperate, because it is really nice. I'm a fan of brushes in natural hair, such as MAC brushes, but if you're not, this would be a good basic set of brushes for both eyes and face,

rated 5 of 5 on 3/4/2012 3:53:00 PM More reviews by StellaRose13

I got these as a christmas present a few years ago, and they are absolutely flawless. I wash them every two weeks with dove soap, and they come out like they're brand new. They put the makeup on precisely where I want it, and they're not rough like many other brushes out there.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/1/2012 1:44:00 AM More reviews by karissajean

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

I absolute ADORE the blush brush that comes in this set. It is my favorite blush brush I have ever used. This is worth purchasing at $10-$15 just for that brush. The rest of the brushes are okay... I like the small angled eye brush for applying eyeshadow as eyeliner. It's very precise. The other eye brushes are too angled and rough in texture for me I never really use them.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/1/2012 1:27:00 AM More reviews by annielynnie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I love these brushes, I have been using this brush set for about 2 years now, give or take a few months. The brushes are all very nice quality, especially for the price. They have very soft synthetic bristles. I have put my brushes through many washings with regular gentle hand soap and have not had any bristle fallout.
I have only two problems with the kit and they are relatively minor so not enough to prevent me from repurchasing or giving a 5-star review. First, the blush brush is too large to be used for blush on my face, instead I use it for foundation and bronzer. Secondly, the hemp case does not hold the brushes in as well as I would like and they occasionally slide out.
I still absolutely recommend this kit, especially for a first brush set or for traveling.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/29/2012 11:35:00 PM More reviews by ImYourFavoriteDrug

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Medium Eyes: Green

For the price, this is one of the best brush sets on the market. I've had mine for 2 years and they're still going strong. My favorite brush in the set is the blush brush and the least favorite is the eye shading brush. I do use it for concealer, though.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/21/2012 12:16:00 PM More reviews by glossygloss

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this brush set! It was only 15.99 in boots- which is less than what my MAC brushes cost me. I love the look of them and the bag that they come in. But those things aren't really important. What is important is that they work really well and feel so soft. I use the blush, eyeshadow and eyeliner everyday and occasionally the brow brush/lash comb, and normally i use the concealer brush to put highlight under my brows- don't know why, it just always seems to be the cleanest brush I can find. I'd definitely recommend this to someone who is starting off and doesn't have many brushes as this is a really good selection, at a good price. I remember the first brush set I had and it was no where near as good as this. I wish I'd had this then because good brushes are the best thing you can have in your makeup kit. They make doing good makeup so much easier! Now I'm rambling so I'd just say: buy these, I don't think you'll regret it!

rated 3 of 5 on 1/20/2012 10:42:00 AM More reviews by vuvie

Great brushes. Great price. Love the eco-friendly part of it. A little light on the hand, needs getting used to.
Shed after 6 months of washing and I wash with brush cleaner. Then the metal part broke. Ok. Not too great anymore.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/8/2012 5:59:00 AM More reviews by MakeupJunkie46

I love this brushes! These were the first set of brushes that I got ever and i fell in love with them. They are really soft, and easy to wash. I have used all of them but I mostly use the Blush brush and the eyeshadow brush. The angled brush is great too! Also the bag they come in? It's so great! It's great for travelling! I really love them! I highly reccommend this to everyone

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/8/2012 2:33:00 AM More reviews by msmarielliejellie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

I don't know why I waited this long to get these brushes after hearing a lot of good reviews about Ecotools. I'm actually one of the few who only use synthetic brushes, not just because it's cruelty free, but I personally think they're much softer and easier to maintain than their real hair counterpart, that being said, I can only compare these brushes to two other sets I have, which are the ELF student brushes--which are by far my favorite, and the body shop brushes, which I think are also from the makers of these brushes. And I love them all! I recently bought my second set of these to put in my bag because they are extremely soft and pick up pigment and my powders really well. I seriously have nothing bad to add, they blend powder really well and don't scratch my face when I'm trying to buff mineral powder on my face. After using a lot of synthetic brushes, I don't think I'll ever be buying real hair brushes, no matter how good the reviews are. Highly recommend this.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/8/2012 1:12:00 AM More reviews by Strikingreality

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

I'm surprised I have not reviewed this yet. :) I bought this during my US trip in 2009 and promptly fell in love with it. To be honest, of the 5 brushes, I really only use the blush brush and eyeliner brush, but even this two brushes alone justify the price tag. The concealor brush and the lash and brow groomer are still sitting in the brush roll and I use the eyeshadow brush occasionally. No shedding whatsoever, even after 2 years of washing. I will buy this again, or perhaps but the blush brush and eyeliner brush individually.