Physicians Formula Organic Wear Pressed Powder

2.9

INGREDIENT LIST #1: MICA, JOJOBA SEED OIL*, CORN STARCH*, MAGNESIUM STEARATE, KAOLIN, CALCIUM CARBONATE, OLIVE FRUIT OIL*, GLYCERIN, SOYBEAN OIL*, GLYCERYL CAPRYLATE, CINNAMIC ACID, SODIUM LEVULINATE, TOCOPHEROL, WATER. MAY CONTAIN: IRON OXIDES, TITANIUM DIOXIDE. * CERTIFIED ORGANIC INGREDIENT (ECOCERT). INGREDIENT LIST #2: MICA, CORN STARCH *, OCTYLDODECYL STEAROYL STEARATE, KAOLIN, OLIVE FRUIT OIL *, JOJOBA SEED OIL *, GLYCERYL CAPRYLATE, CINNAMIC ACID, TOCOPHERYL ACETATE, GRAPE SEED OIL *, SOYABEAN OIL *, RICE HULL POWDER , BAMBUSA ARUNDINACEA STEM POWDER, MAY CONTAIN: TITANIUM DIOXIDE, IRON OXIDES. * CERTIFIED ORGANIC INGREDIENT (ECOCERT)

on 6/20/2009 9:55:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

This is a piece of $#%%^$#!!!!!

on 6/20/2009 9:28:00 PM

This was a complete waste of money. As other reviewers have mentioned, it does not have coverage, which would be OK if it were mattifying. However, it does not have any mattifying properties, probably partly because it is not very finely milled, but feels rather coarse. I think everyone is more enchanted by the organic marketing and the cute packaging than the product itself. I tried this quite awhile ago and ended up letting my five-year-old daughter have it for play time because she wanted "makeup to get fancy" and it works great -- she loves dabbing the little brush on her cheeks and clicking the magnetic closure and I don't have to worry because it's talc-free and when she dabs it on her cheeks, absolutely nothing shows up! I have been using L'Oreal bare naturale soft-focus mineral finish, which is also talc-free (but only the mineral finish from this line is) and while it doesn't offer color or coverage, it is mattifying and has a natural finish.

on 6/20/2009 8:55:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

HG powder! I love love love this!! I've tried a lot of different powders and this by far is the best! This is even better than like MAC, because it doesn't clog your pores and it doesn't cake up. It absorbs all of the oil on your face and it looks very natural. It doesn't feel too heavy or anything and it has really good ingredients (:

So, I bought this in the lightest shade possible, and it looks like I have an orangey mask on my face. Other than that it's just a typical face powder. Gave it to my sister and it looked just fine on her lightly tanned skin. I will say that the packaging, while I love the eco-conscious part, kinda falls apart on the seam where it opens. I wouldn't buy it again because of the color, but if you're tan, go for it.

on 5/3/2009 12:25:00 AM

I like this product but had problems with the packing. I found the brush it comes with to be completely useless and wasn't able to even use it. I just used a makeup sponge instead and it worked a lot better. My main complaint is the packaging is not durable, i put the compact in my bag to take to work and the top tore off after only a few days so now I can't take it anywhere. I understand it's a "green" product and I'm all about using recycled and reusable products but for the price of the item, i would expect something a little more high quality. Apart from that, I do like the makeup, it covers well, and it hasn't make me break out which a lot of powders I've tried have, so I'm happy about that. My skin is usually very oily and shiny by the end of the day, but when I have put this on it seems to stay problem free. I would repurchase again, but just be more careful about carrying it around with me.

This powder is very drying yet doesn't keep the oilies at bay either. The coverage is more like a translucent powder.It made my face look so parched and aged me about 10 years (like I need that-I'm old enough already good grief!) The smell is horrid, very musty like old books. I chucked it after about 3 weeks of playing around with it. The little brush is useless. Overall, soooo not worth it.

on 4/22/2009 5:55:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other

bought this in " creamy beige organics " which is the darkest shade and it is the perfect color!!! i love it ! the con is that it is expensive.. but i got it 50% off and got it for $9 at walgreens

on 4/1/2009 9:05:00 PM

I LOVE this product. I had stopped using powders for a long time b'cuz I didn't want to keep piling makeup on my face when my breakouts kept worsening (I stuck to just concealer). But I have normal-to-oily skin, and by the end of the day, my skin gets noticeably shiny. I picked the up the Translucent Light on a whim, and I'm really glad I did b'cuz it's worked extremely well for me! I use it as a finishing powder with my MAC187, and it makes my skin look flawless. My large pores are greatly minimized, and it has pretty good oil control. I actually like that it doesn't mattify completely since I really like the dewy look. It doesn't seem to give much coverage, but again I only use it to set my base makeup (bb cream and concealer). It hasn't caused any pimples, and there's been many nights where I've slept with my makeup on! As others have mentioned, there is a smell... but it's not strong and it doesn't linger on your face at all. The packaging isn't very sturdy either--the lid's essentially held closed with magnets--but I don't carry my makeup around so this is a non-issue for me. I would definitely buy this again!

This product does have a scent, that's not pleasant, but not offensive.
That's the only way I can describe it! I do smell it every time I put it on.
I really love the finish on my face after using this- it looks nice and glowing and fresh! Packaging is nice- easy open and close lid.
I would buy this again. BTW- don't use the brush that comes with it- it's crap. I use a kabuki, and it's wonderful!

on 3/4/2009 1:21:00 PM

This is my favorite DS powder. I didn't notice a smell and would much rather my product have a little natural smell over a load of fragrance. I have sensitive skin and the whole reason I bought this the first time was in hope of finding a DS product that would not irritate. If it was loaded with fragrance, it wouldn't be as natural, organic, and non-irritating.
Anyway, the smell is a non-issue with me because I don't find it has one and certainly nothing that lingers on my face.
The quality of the powder is good. It is non-cakey and non-drying but mattifies well. Gives a natural look. Just be careful not to choose to light of a color or it looks dusty. Feels good going on and is not irritating to my sensitive skin & mild rosacea. Also doesn't break me out.
The packaging is ok. It's cute but I wish the papery part was sealed better to hold up better in my purse. Then again, I have one I've carried all the time and have used down to the pan and it's still in fine shape, functionally... a little grubby looking/rough around the edges, but isn't falling apart. I don't really like the little brush but I prefer it over a powder puff/sponge like most powders have. It works in a pinch/on the go/for touch-ups but at home I use a regular powder brush to apply and try to keep a travel brush in my purse now anyway.
Since I usually apply with a separate brush and/or in the bathroom in front of a larger mirror, the mirror being on the other side doesn't really bother me. I use the mirror separately to check my make-up or apply lipstick then do my powder in the bathroom. I like the fact that the brush is stored on the other side because I don't like having a brush/puff/etc stored on top of my powder anyway.
Overall, this is something I'd purchase again. Well, I have already purchased again, actually, but ended up giving it to my mom because I got the wrong color. She loves it. She is not big on make-up at all but is very fond of this powder (and the rest of this line) and has actually started wearing make-up more since I gave this to her.
As I said, I've used one down to the pan, which is unusual for me because I'm easily distracted by new stuff and rotate often. I plan to repurchase again this summer, in a slightly darker shade. I'll be keeping an eye out for sales at CVS and such and will probably time my purchase with that since it's a little pricey for DS stuff.
Overall, two thumbs up.