July 26, 2014 | 946 users online

Pressed Powders - Physicians Formula - Organic Wear Pressed Powder

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 4/26/2009 11:52:00 PM More reviews by freyasfeathers

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This powder is very drying yet doesn't keep the oilies at bay either. The coverage is more like a translucent powder.It made my face look so parched and aged me about 10 years (like I need that-I'm old enough already good grief!) The smell is horrid, very musty like old books. I chucked it after about 3 weeks of playing around with it. The little brush is useless. Overall, soooo not worth it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/22/2009 5:55:00 PM More reviews by Savvy890

bought this in " creamy beige organics " which is the darkest shade and it is the perfect color!!! i love it ! the con is that it is expensive.. but i got it 50% off and got it for $9 at walgreens

rated 5 of 5 on 4/1/2009 9:05:00 PM More reviews by rigashi

I LOVE this product. I had stopped using powders for a long time b'cuz I didn't want to keep piling makeup on my face when my breakouts kept worsening (I stuck to just concealer). But I have normal-to-oily skin, and by the end of the day, my skin gets noticeably shiny. I picked the up the Translucent Light on a whim, and I'm really glad I did b'cuz it's worked extremely well for me! I use it as a finishing powder with my MAC187, and it makes my skin look flawless. My large pores are greatly minimized, and it has pretty good oil control. I actually like that it doesn't mattify completely since I really like the dewy look. It doesn't seem to give much coverage, but again I only use it to set my base makeup (bb cream and concealer). It hasn't caused any pimples, and there's been many nights where I've slept with my makeup on! As others have mentioned, there is a smell... but it's not strong and it doesn't linger on your face at all. The packaging isn't very sturdy either--the lid's essentially held closed with magnets--but I don't carry my makeup around so this is a non-issue for me. I would definitely buy this again!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/19/2009 2:22:00 AM More reviews by ProductJunkey

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

This product does have a scent, that's not pleasant, but not offensive.
That's the only way I can describe it! I do smell it every time I put it on.
I really love the finish on my face after using this- it looks nice and glowing and fresh! Packaging is nice- easy open and close lid.
I would buy this again. BTW- don't use the brush that comes with it- it's crap. I use a kabuki, and it's wonderful!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/4/2009 1:21:00 PM More reviews by meriellyn

This is my favorite DS powder. I didn't notice a smell and would much rather my product have a little natural smell over a load of fragrance. I have sensitive skin and the whole reason I bought this the first time was in hope of finding a DS product that would not irritate. If it was loaded with fragrance, it wouldn't be as natural, organic, and non-irritating.
Anyway, the smell is a non-issue with me because I don't find it has one and certainly nothing that lingers on my face.
The quality of the powder is good. It is non-cakey and non-drying but mattifies well. Gives a natural look. Just be careful not to choose to light of a color or it looks dusty. Feels good going on and is not irritating to my sensitive skin & mild rosacea. Also doesn't break me out.
The packaging is ok. It's cute but I wish the papery part was sealed better to hold up better in my purse. Then again, I have one I've carried all the time and have used down to the pan and it's still in fine shape, functionally... a little grubby looking/rough around the edges, but isn't falling apart. I don't really like the little brush but I prefer it over a powder puff/sponge like most powders have. It works in a pinch/on the go/for touch-ups but at home I use a regular powder brush to apply and try to keep a travel brush in my purse now anyway.
Since I usually apply with a separate brush and/or in the bathroom in front of a larger mirror, the mirror being on the other side doesn't really bother me. I use the mirror separately to check my make-up or apply lipstick then do my powder in the bathroom. I like the fact that the brush is stored on the other side because I don't like having a brush/puff/etc stored on top of my powder anyway.
Overall, this is something I'd purchase again. Well, I have already purchased again, actually, but ended up giving it to my mom because I got the wrong color. She loves it. She is not big on make-up at all but is very fond of this powder (and the rest of this line) and has actually started wearing make-up more since I gave this to her.
As I said, I've used one down to the pan, which is unusual for me because I'm easily distracted by new stuff and rotate often. I plan to repurchase again this summer, in a slightly darker shade. I'll be keeping an eye out for sales at CVS and such and will probably time my purchase with that since it's a little pricey for DS stuff.
Overall, two thumbs up.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/3/2009 5:11:00 PM More reviews by Charma22

Age: Unknown Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Wow, this is a great powder. I apply it with a brush as a setting powder. I purchased the medium color debating between that an light. I have moderately fair yellow skintone. I'm so glad that I bought the medium based on other reviews saying to buy darker than you think. This powder doesn't completely cover, but it does tone down the redness slightly in my face over acne marks.

Price is roughly $13.95...I bought it at 40% off from Longs, but I will next wait for a B1G1 when I need another one.

The wear on this powder is quite good. I have combination dry skin (leaning slightly more towards dry). If I'm not careful, this powder could get cakey, but I check the powder on my skin before I leave my house. This powder is used with a brush because the loose powder version is very thick and cakey.

I love that this uses all natural ingredients. continued >>

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/3/2009 3:25:00 PM More reviews by AnythingVanilla

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

LOVE! HG powder! Gives great coverage and a nice glow. Will never use anything else.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/29/2009 1:29:00 PM More reviews by caravan

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I don`t review makeup products often, but wanted to chime my two cents in on this one. I never noticed any smell, but I have had it a couple months now, so maybe I just cannot remember. This is probably the best quality d/s pressed powder I have tried. I think it is certainly comparable in quality to lower-priced dept. store brands ( ie Cinique or Origins) and is not that much cheaper, anyway. The texture is quite sheer, so best suited for daytime or office wear or those who don`t desire lots of extra coverage. Gives a glowing finish and sets my makeup very nicely. Good color match too. Only con is the packaging gets very dirty and is impossible to clean.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/11/2009 4:00:00 PM More reviews by sweetoblivion

Absolute crap. No coverage whatsoever. The only thing it's good for is removing shine.
Not to mention it smells like drool. At first I thought that I hadn't washed my brush well enough the night before (sometimes brushes get a weird smell when not all the product is removed during washing) but it really is the powder as I have come to find from reading others' reviews. Complete waste of money.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/28/2008 9:24:00 PM More reviews by dictatorprincess

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Pleasantly surprised by this product. I forgot my "home" powder during a trip back to the US and didn't want to use up my Guerlain pressed powder which is normally used only for touch ups, so I picked this up in the pressed version on a whim. I have this in translucent light.
Pros: the product itself works- good coverage, no weird color match, no oxidization, no pore enlarging going on.
Cons: the case sucks, and the brush sucks. Since I had not forgotten my powder brush this is a minor point. Oh and it smells like a** but that is what powder smells like with no fragrance. Other than reminding me of a corn starch factory I visited in China, the smell does not bother me.
Would rebuy in a pinch. I think this does as good of a job as HE powders but it won't kick my LM loose out of bed.