July 30, 2014 | 1478 users online

Concealers - Cover Girl - CG Smoothers Concealer

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/2/2012 9:52:00 PM More reviews by AntiqueGlitter

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

I simultaneously purchased both this concealer and the Maybelline Coverstick Concealer strictly for comparison, since both of these concealers are very similar in function and appearance.
I found that this is a really good concealer, but I like the Maybelline Coverstick Concealer better.
The shades for this concealer is really lacking, unlike the MCC, which comes in 8 shades (including a yellow for dark circles and a green for redness). Smoothers, on the other hand, only comes in 6 shades: Fair, Light, Medium, Deep, Illuminator, and Neutralizer. I have no idea what exactly Illuminator and Neutralizer are supposed to do since they look exactly like all the other shades. But anyway, I'm NC30 with strong yellow undertones and I got this in Light, which is a little too light and way too pinkish for me. No surprise there--why do all the Covergirl foundations and concealers only come in pink-based shades?
The consistency of this concealer is really creamy and smooth, just like the MCC is. Its creaminess allows for easy application and blending. I find that applying with my ring finger works best. Just gently pat it on, and blend blend blend. You don't need to use a concealer brush. You don't even need to set it with a powder.
The coverage is the same as MCC's coverage. They both give medium-to-full coverage, which is sufficient to cover up most of my dark acne marks (the main reason why I wanted a concealer in the first place was to cover up my marks). It doesn't cover up my most prominent marks, but it does a good job of making them less prominent. I find that Smoothers settles into the fine lines under my eyes more than MCC does (MCC settles into fine lines too, but not as much as Smoothers), so it's not really that good for dark circles.
The price was about $7 at Rite Aid. Although $7 isn't that expensive, I expected a cheaper price considering this a small, old product. And I don't even think it's worth that much (more like $5 or less). I mean, it's a great concealer and all, but it's not amazing. MCC is cheaper, comes with more product, and is available in a variety of shades, which is why I like MCC better (coverage- and texture-wise, they're the same).
Would I repurchase? No.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/28/2012 10:11:00 PM More reviews by iloveOPI

This is my favorite concealer so far! It's very creamy and blends in with my skin beautifully. I only have slight undereye circles and small blemishes, and this gives me amazing coverage with both.

Unlike all other concealers I've tried (and I've tried many!), it doesn't cake or dry out throughout the day. I can wear it all day, come home late at night, and it will still look great. It also doesn't clog pores, which is why I bought it to begin with. Honestly, this concealer is a godsend!

The only downside is that the coloring is a little off. I'm Asian with light skin with yellow undertones, and I usually wear concealer in light. I first got this in light, but when I put it on under my eyes, the concealer was obviously darker than my skin color, and showed up as a pink/peachy/brown shade. I returned it and got the fair shade, which works perfectly on me. I thought this was odd, since there are many women with lighter skin than me. If you have very fair skin, the fair shade might be too dark for you.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/24/2012 6:02:00 AM More reviews by Velvet72

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

What a bargain! Eternally on the lookout for a nice under eye concealer,I grabbed this on while in Priceline because it was on sale and cheap as chips. I bought the shade called illuminator...and wow! I just love it. What a surprise that such a bargain little product could make me so pleased with the results. Love the lipstick style bullet,makes application really easy to blend. Brightened my eye area,and made my shadows dissapear. Such a lovely consistency too...so smooth and creamy,and it lasts very well without shifting into creases or dissapearing.Perfect for my combination- dry skin,and I am quite fair. I am stocking up on this next time I am fortunate enough to see it! It is a little gem!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/21/2012 12:48:00 PM More reviews by KeyWestBum

This is a concealer that is okay to keep in my purse for on the go touch ups. I have dark circles and my standby concealer is bulky and depending on how tired I am, it can fade midday. I like this for a no fuss quick application on my "bad" days. The formula is thick and creamy. The coverage is pretty decent w/ 2 layers. I use the medium shade and I love that it's not too warm toned. Pink toned concealers seem to work better on me. I find this has better coverage then the following DS concealers: 1. CG simply ageless pot 2. Maybelline age rewind 3. Maybelline mineral wear 4. Maybelline superstay 5. Revlon CS 6. Revlon PR and 7. Most of PF concealers

rated 2 of 5 on 12/26/2011 3:52:00 PM More reviews by BeautyQueenOfTheScene21

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is a -eh- range for me. It's waxy and it feels thick on my skin, but it lasts and doesn't fade for quite a while. If you can wear lots of makeup and not feel weird/fake, go for it. I just love my natural makeup (I only wear the basics for face makeup).

rated 5 of 5 on 12/7/2011 4:54:00 AM More reviews by RinaRose

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I absolutely love this concealer, it covers fairly well, and its really smooth. I love it.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/4/2011 2:41:00 PM More reviews by cc001

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I liked this product, I got the medium shade but it's too pink. It is very smooth while blending it in and the coverage is amazing. I use this only for blemishes and discolorations. I don't use it for my under eyes because, even though it covers my dark circles very well, it settles into the fine lines I didn't know I had! lol
Overall good product. Not sure if I'll buy this shade but maybe I'll try the neutralizing one or a lighter shade.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/4/2011 12:03:00 PM More reviews by CoCoCassidy

This product is great! There are a few bad things about it, but in the long run I like it. I use it to cover blemishes and scars and it covers very well. But I have oily skin, and its kind of an oily product so you have to set it with a powder. It does like to come off easily but the coverage is wonderful.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/14/2011 4:22:00 PM More reviews by beautiflower

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

i was disappointed with this concealer. it's a decent price, and has good coverage. but that's about all i like about it. first of all when i bought this it only came in three shades: light, medium, and dark. i bought it in medium, which is way too dark/peachy/pink! i used it as a blemish concealer for a while. it blends fairly well (probably more so if it was the right shade), and as i said before, has good coverage. however, i have oily skin, and this stuff does not stay put! i was ready to chuck it in the garbage until i decided i should try it as an undereye concealer. i have blue veins under my eyes and thought that the peachy color would be good for counter-acting the blue, and that the creamy moist texture wouldn't crease under my eyes. i was wrong. this barely lasted a full day and did next to nothing for correcting the blueness. plus, it creased like MAD! this is not creamy, i would call it greasy. it might be good if you have dry, cool toned skin. but i hate it.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/12/2011 11:01:00 PM More reviews by michelrasmussen

I tried a lot of concealers for under my eyes and this is the only one I found that doesn't make the area look crinkled and dry. It is a great product!